VampireArmy

Additional Breeding Page

Would you like to see this idea implemented?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd like to propose an additional page for breeding dragons, where you can pin/sticky your "favorite pairs" (you would have to add them manually) and breed them with one click as opposed to looking up and down your scroll to click the breed button. This would be a separate page you could access from your "Account" button, like the Teleport BSA page.

Here's a rough picture of what it would look like:

user posted image

(It would be set up like the Thuwed page.)

Reason for suggestion: I have many pairs that I breed on a weekly basis. Going up and down my scroll to click "breed" and select from a list is a bit time-consuming. This page would also cut down on the number of misbreeds if a dragon has bred with other dragons in the past (I usually go through and click the first "breed" on the list, which isn't always the one I want to pair).

You would have to manually choose which dragons you would want to set up on your "favorites" list. Each dragon would have its name under it, and you would be able to click the image to view its lineage.

• The "Breed" option would be normal. Nothing about the breeding mechanics would change, except now you won't have to look through your scroll to select a mate.
  • The "Change Pair" option would allow you to edit/change any of the mates in that pair.
  • The "Remove Pair" option would remove your pinned pair from the page.
As you can see, the third pair (bronze tinsel x skywing) cannot be bred. This is because the skywing has been bred to another dragon in the past week (indicated by the faded skywing image).

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this. I searched the forum for any similar ideas, but I couldn't find any recent suggestions.

Edit: angelicdragonpuppy suggested pinning individual dragons as well for faster breeding. Thoughts?

Edited by VampireArmy

This actually sounds like a great idea!

I support also PF13's suggestion of confirmation button, though similar should probably be added to actual breeding page as well.

I don't know if it is wise, but perhaps option to show this page to others too?

Added a poll.

I like this idea. I'd suggest a popup confirmation for the "breed" action.

That's a good addition. It could also be turned off in account settings.

I don't know if it is wise, but perhaps option to show this page to others too?

Hmm, I never considered if it should be open for viewing to the public. It would be nice to have it open to the public (people wouldn't have to make elaborate google docs), but it definitely should be optional.

That would be super, especially with the additions of Pokemonfan13's pop-up confirmation & Moonlightelf's option of making this publicly visible.

I like the idea of this, but I probably wouldn't use it personally. Having the usual mate appear at the very top of the breeding options works for me just fine, and I have some dragons that cycle through several mates. That being said, this wouldn't be a bad option at all. smile.gif

The problem comes in when the dragon was bred a few times before coming to the "preferred" mate, and that mate is at the bottom of the "successful mates" list.

One partial solution to the OP's problem would be the ability to kick dragons out of the "successful mates" position and put them back down where they belong.

I would love this! I have a few nicer lineaged dragons I like breeding for the AP (well, debating not doing so any longer), as well as my metallics, and this would be very useful. With as large as my scroll is, finding these dragons to breed can be rather tedious. o3o

Oh YES, that would be so useful!

It would be great if the dragons are not just be pictures but clickable links in case you want to breed one dragon to a different than its usual mate (for a special request for example, so you just want to switch this once and then go back to the set pairing).

The problem comes in when the dragon was bred a few times before coming to the "preferred" mate, and that mate is at the bottom of the "successful mates" list.

One partial solution to the OP's problem would be the ability to kick dragons out of the "successful mates" position and put them back down where they belong.

Yeah, I would really like to be able to kick some dragons off of the successful mates position, but I thought this might solve 2 problems at once. Looking through the entire scroll can get really tedious, and I don't want to change the way my scroll is currently organized.

I also love this idea, along with the pop up and public option. It'd be nice to just be able to point to a page and say "these are what I can do".

Oooh, I love this. It's easy enough to remember to breed my rares, but a convenient list of my pretty lineaged pairs would be nice. One small suggestion, however: let us pin individual dragons as well, for those dragons of ours that we breed frequently to different mates.

Would absolutely love this. It would be so helpful, not only for breeding itself, but also for RP purposes. tongue.gif

+1 support for this. I'd use the beejeebus out of it.

Ditto! Would love to have this.

Oooh, I love this. It's easy enough to remember to breed my rares, but a convenient list of my pretty lineaged pairs would be nice. One small suggestion, however: let us pin individual dragons as well, for those dragons of ours that we breed frequently to different mates.

I like that idea. I'll edit it into the main post.

Does anybody have any other ideas to improve this suggestion? Hopefully this post gets enough visibility for TJ to consider it.