Quackerz

Our war, their burden.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He asked, feeling worried.

Edited by Melomancer

Dahlia jumped in shock upon hearing the screams. She almost dropped the venison - which was ready then. "What's going on?!" she exclaimed, startled. She put the cooked meat by the fire and looked at where the sound came from. All she saw was Lou, who was weeping for some reason. "Hey! What happened?" Dahlia asked, rather concerned. She was terrible at consoling people, but she could try.

Still confused, Drakaht replied" I don't know, I woke up, and she was crying, and..."

He suddenly realized the cause. " Lou, It's fine, everything is okay, it was just a bad dream."

Lou nodded. She trembled everywhere. "It's a curse...being immortal. When it is...taken, that person is cursed." she said between sniffles. "My father tought me that. One of his last teachings..." she looked up at Dahlia and Drakaht. Her eyes were red and puffy. "The dragon hunters who killed him died from his curse. Not every dragon has one. I don't. He was murdered a thousand years ago because he was a dragon."

Edited by Lothuialel

"Curse? What do you mean? I have never heard of dragons having curses on them before."

(This is getting interesting.)

"I... I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by this curse, but I'm sorry about your father." Dahlia said, wanting to comfort Lou. Even though deep inside, she probably wanted to say something else. It made her remember when that dragon burned her home down. What had she or her beloved ones done to deserve such fate? If Lou's father died because he was a dragon, then Dahlia's parents died because they were human. She gritted her teeth as anger built up inside her.

(Yay!)

"He....he was cursed by a witch. His kin is to have it as well." Lou took a deep breath and recited the curse.

"Immortality is a curse,

It could be worse,

When you are killed, those who share your blood,

Will be dead too."

She looked down at the ground. "What the witch meant was that if he dies, anyone who kills him will die too." she sighed, "I have the curse of forever having nightmares of my loved ones dying. I can never sleep..." Lou remember the it could be worse part. It was true, her curse could be worse.

(Does this work? Or does anyone have a better idea?)

Edited by Lothuialel

Dahlia stared at Lou. "Never being able to sleep... I can only imagine how horrible that can be." she said. She thought she'd just go mad in a matter of time, had such thing happened to her. This talk was also making her lose some of the appettite, and right after cooking the meat, too! But now wasn't the time to think about food, Dahlia thought. "Don't give your hopes up, Lou. Curses can be broken, after all." she said, hoping to make the dragoness feel better.

Lou nodded. "Yes. That is true. But the problem is, I don't know how to destroy my family's nightmare and killing curse." she noticed the cooked meat on the ground. "You may as well eat Dahlia. I will take over the first watch."

"I'm sure you'll find out how. But meanwhile... Try not to think too much about it, as hard as that may sound like." Dahlia said, as she went over to the cooked meat and took a piece for herself. She sat down by the entrance, leaning onto a wall and took a bite of the venison. "When I feel bad, I try to forget the reason I feel that way to begin with. It's no permanent solution, but it makes me feel better." she said, her voice slightly muffled due to the food in her mouth. Speak of forgetting problems, Dahlia had forgotten about the dragon in her past. For now, anyway.

"I understand." Dahlia said as she munched on her food. Once she finished it, she looked at Lou. "If you're going to take over the first watch, I'm going to sleep. Wake me up once you need to switch." she said, as she took off her backpack and put it next to the wall. Dahlia lied her head on it to use it as some sort of pillow, then covered herself with her cape to go to sleep.

Dahlia fell asleep, slight snoring could be heard from her but nothing that could bother anyone's rest. The cape as a blanket and the backpack as a pillow weren't exactly the best things in the world, but it was better than nothing. Plus it was fairly comfortable for camping.

((Sorry, I'm writer-blocked for Dahlia. And I can't reply with Ingrid without Sean (Alicia).))

I have terrible writter's block. Period. I can't seem to write anymore. I posted my own RP and about three out of six votes are saying I can't write. Am I really that horrible?))

((^ Yeah, trolls. I'm blocked right now because I don't have anything to write, so I'll just wait for some replies before I post again. Maybe you should just wait for now. As for your writing, I don't think it's "horrible". If you want to talk more about it, shoot me a PM because I don't want to derail the thread.))

((Your writing is not horrible Lothuialel, trolls are for ignoring.))

Alicia noticed it had become dark and that she was still wandering between buildings in the village. How much time had she wasted just trying to prevent from being followed? "Grr... It'd be worth it to just fly." she thought to herself, though she and Irina both had heard tales of what had happened to other dragons that had flown around this forest. That they had been attacked and killed by rogue dragons that had made this their home. But she wondered now if it was true, as they had only seen one other dragon there and he was not attacked. Alicia looked down as she walked, now heading out of one of the village sides and towards the forest. "... What if... it's only one dragon doing it, the one we saw...?" she thought to herself. The dragon had seemed fierce and strong, he was even armored. As she started to enter the forest, she noticed Irina was slowing down her pace.

"Are you okay, Irina?" Alicia asked and looked at Irina, "Uhh... yeah, I am." Irina said, Alicia shrugged and looked back to the front. Irina turned her head and looked behind them, she had been slowing down in hopes of giving Ingrid and Kitsu a chance to catch up, after all they did seem nice and they had barely even visited. She knew Alicia would not approve of what she was trying to do however, which is why she hardly answered.

Edited by Sean175

"Kitsu! I'll go on ahead and see if I can stop 'em in their tracks~!" Ingrid happily chanted as she stopped. She looked up at another tree... And started climbing it up. This time, being careful to not snap another branch and fall down to get hurt again. Well, it wasn't like a bleeding wound was bad. For Ingrid, anyway. It actually felt quite nice. Though chocolate was still better than that. Speak of which, she wanted to get some chocolate as soon as she could. The young woman quickly snapped out of her thoughts as she made all her way to the top, this time without falling down. "Meet you there!" Ingrid called at Kitsu as she hopped recklessly from tree to tree, heading off towards where Alicia and Irina went off to.

As she continued jumping dead trees, Ingrid's eye caught the duo on the ground below. And it looked like they were slowing down, as if they thought they weren't being chased! Great! That was perfect! "Gotcha now!" Ingrid thought with a smirk as she suddenly jumped out of the trees and landed down in front of them, striking another pose as she landed firmly and safely on her feet, just like when she first met Alicia and Irina. "Would you like more tea, Alice my dear?" she asked as she stood up from her pose. She hoped that she could startle and distract Alicia long enough for Kitsu to run in and hug her. Ingrid tilted her head and smiled at them, blood still coming out from her forehead from falling down earlier.

"Go away, nut." Alicia stated with blatant hostility as she began to walk another way into the forest, Irina simply looked between the two and followed. Irina was now thinking that perhaps she shouldn't of slowed Alicia down, as Alicia was reaching a very hostile state now. As Irina was following Alicia again, a very cold wind seemed to blow and felt almost icy, some wolves could then be heard howling in a couple directions. The howls didn't seem far, nor did they seem close. Alicia looked from side to side with her eyes on alert now, thinking that perhaps the wolves were going to attack... But after a few minutes the howls seemed to get further away, not closer.

"Oh, but apple! I won't go away!" Ingrid said with a smirk, as she jumped into bushes and disappeared. While in hiding, she heard the howling, and looked around. Stupid dogs! Stay quiet, or you'll ruin everything! The howling seemed to get further away, though. That was a relief. Last thing she needed was a bunch of dogs ruining her plan. Suddenly, Ingrid jumped out of hiding and once again, she was in front of Alicia, smiling and bleeding. "But I'll go close." she said with a smile, either oblivious to Alicia's hostility or actually hoping to provoke her into attacking.

Alicia simply stared at Ingrid for a moment, extreme agitation was visible in her face. Violence however was not one of her preferred routes and she again went another way into the forest with Irina still following. Alicia began to think on how she was going to rid herself of this nuisance. Head towards the wolves she heard, perhaps? Risk flying off on Irina? Or perhaps continue to ignore Ingrid and continue forward until they were out of the forest. She thought of more possibilities as she walked and the wind again blew with an icy chill as the temperature seemed to be dropping rapidly. Alicia seemed to shiver a bit as it got colder. "Great. If it gets much colder I'll have to stop and hang around, which means being stuck with these two nuts." she thought to herself as she continued.

Lou stood where she had been for the past three hours. She didn't grow tired or weary. She did feel little remorse for her parents, but that was all. By this time, two parrot sized dragons came and perched on her shoulders. She smiled at the two familiar pets. "Diana, Spindle, you both came back!" she whispered. "Yes, we wanted to sing and found you." Diana puffed. Spindle rolled his eyes, "Ah..you know her. She wants a trio." Lou nodded. "Right. How about that lovely trio we started two years ago?" Diana and Spendle made encouraging remarks. In Creole they be fan to sing (I don't want to try to translate this to creole because it is a lot.):

Tears to Shed Lyrics

by . From Corpse Bride

Spindle:

What does that whispy little brat have that you don't have double?

Diana:

She can't hold a candle to the beauty of your smile

Lou:

How about a pulse?

Spindle:

Overrated by a mile

Diana:

Overbearing

Spindle:

Overblown

Spindle and Diana:

If he only knew the you that we know

Lou:

(sigh)

Diana:

And that silly little creature isn't wearing his ring

Spindle:

And she doesn't play piano

Spindle and Diana:

Or dance

Spindle:

Or sing

Spindle and Diana:

No she doesn't compare

Lou:

But she still breathes air

Diana:

Who cares?

Spindle:

Unimportant

Diana:

Overrated

Spindle:

Overblown

Spindle and Diana:

If only he could see

How special you can be

Lou:

If I touch a burning candle I can feel no pain

If you cut me with a knife it's still the same

And I know her heart is beating

And I know that I am dead

Yet the pain here that I feel

Try and tell me it's not real

For it seems that I still have a tear to shed

Spindle:

The sure redeeming feature

From that little creature

Is that she's alive

Diana:

Overrated

Spindle:

Overblown

Diana:

Everybody know that's just a temporary state

Which is cured very quickly when we meet our fate

Spindle:

Who cares?

Diana:

Unimportant

Spindle:

Overrated

Diana:

Overblown

Spindle and Diana:

If only he could see

How special you can be

Lou:

If I touch a burning candle I can feel no pain

In the ice or in the wun it's all the same

Yet I feel my heart is acheing

Though it doesn't beat it's breaking

And the pain here that I feel

Try and tell me it's not real

I know that I am dead

Yet it seems that I still have some tears to shed

Kitsu sprinted again, trying to catch up with Ingrid. However, he quickly lost her, causing him to come to a halting stop. Where did she go? Shame...Now I'm lonely... He sighed. The boy looked around. No one was there. He smiled and transformed into a white, three-tailed fox with a poof. He sprinted again in his fox form. He felt faster than his human form. He wasn't sure if would be able to find the others, but it was worth a try, right?