Quackerz

Our war, their burden.

[[ I'd assume, if we're going with several month time skips, that battles indeed have been waged on. The enemy might move bases a few times to avoid attack or detection while trying to figure out how to fully raise Kievo - who I have no doubts will, in fact, come back later, if not just for story twist or conflict starring - and some of the ones no longer playing may be casualties of the inbetween battles between the heroic cast and some parties of Kievo's soldiers, perhaps? Or deserters to it who were never seen again, either or, depends on the character. ]]

[[ I doubt their tower would be safe, but almas' hidden fortress alongside the clifffsides where the oceans used to be is a good option. That's just me, though. [[ I was also going to introduce some possible minute gamechanger later when things looked grim and the opportunity was open involving Montressor/Fortunato, but that can wait until the right time ]] ]]

[[ that depends, though . . . how not-smoothly does Kievo's revival even go? ]]

(I'd say they'd probably died from battles against his army would seem better for most characters. And the revival maybe would have had problems like deformities. That may hinder his ability to fight.)

((Hey there. Posting so you guys don't think I died or something.

Anyway, it's true that I've somewhat lost interest in RPing. I'm not sure if I want to join you guys in starting over or not because I might become inactive again. A time skip sounds like a good idea so a restart is possible. As for the inactive characters, as you guys have said, they could either disappear mysteriously or die, depending on the character. For example, Dahlia and Ingrid would likely run off to somewhere else and continue on with their lives since not only are they crippled but they don't really have a heroic mentality.

With all that said though... Regardless of whether or not I decide to RP again, doesn't mean you'll completely get rid of me. I'll still be watching this thread as one of its moderators. user posted image

Unless Sean decides to fire me...

Good luck on restarting this RP. I look forward to seeing what will come out of this.))

((

What I was thinking was that they would use the months that have passed to begin building their ranks and attempting to gain strength, rather than just launching all out attacks, else most would die much easier in their greatly malnourished states. Though that doesn't eliminate the attacking settlements like they've been doing, however.

I don't want to kill any of the missing characters in the event anyone decides to return, so after talking with MD it was decided: Assuming the main group decides to fight Kievo, Ingrid and Dahlia part on their own ways, Enya went into hiding, Salazr still exists, but stays off-screen, and Shinobu simply got lost and disappeared. (Though if MD does return, I guess these will still be around)

For what I imagined with Katzyn's characters, when they went back to the town, Drago fell asleep, awoke and both Sonora and Astras were gone.

I haven't received a response from Lou yet - but if I don't here from her before we restart, I think they should just be classified as also becoming separated and not being found.

The tower Bielgrath has taken is incredibly safe - which is one of the major reasons he wanted it, other than his vendetta against the mages. The geographic isolation within the heart of the northern mountains makes it almost impossible for land based armies to move into and gives them a distinctive advantage over other dragons that fight against them, due to the peaks serving as good look out positions. Being built on a cliff, it also would mean land based enemies would have to climb up one side - which is suicide, or take the long path to attack on the front side, which would mean being spotted and attacked the entire way up.

As for how "not-smoothly" the revival goes, it was known that there would be difficulties in doing so, such as the fact it takes a lot of power to perform the specific ritual, as well the fact the tablet is in bad condition, which could mean some of the ingredients could be easily misread and force them to guess on pieces until they eventually get it right, which could easily delay them for not only months, but years, due to the pure drain of strength it would put on Caecillius (or anyone else that attempts it), forcing them to recover before they can even guess once again.

------

Summarized: Dragons have rebuilt their ranks even more, have banded together in attempts to hunt so that they become more nourished and stronger for the attacks, taking only a few more settlements from the different races while they await Kievo's revival. Characters of those not in the re-start go missing(or depart, but in Salazr's case still around but never seen), can return at any time if the RP'ers return. Bielgrath's forces will remain at tower, things keep going wrong in the revival process.))

(One more question. Maybe we roused a alliance to fight Kievo's army because it doesn't seem like we can defeat a army of dragons even if malnourished because there's too few of us.)

((Oh yes! There would most certainly be alliances forming to fight Kievo's army by now, as the news of Bielgrath rallying the dragons together and taking towns has had time to spread across all of Kevatia.))

[[ I've read everything over, and it sounds great! I can happily contend with most what's been decided, and it doesn't make restarting too difficult! Now, before we make the restart, today or tomorrow, where exactly will we be restarting to begin with? What would be a good place for the heroes to begin again, what would be a good place for your fellow villains to start, etc, etc...? ]]

((I intended to wait til Monday for Lou to respond before restarting; so tomorrow will be the restart.

As for the heroes... Well, where do you all think would be a good place to start? A town where has some allies against the Kievoans, perhaps? Would be at least slightly more interactive (even with NPC's) that, "out in the middle of another dead forest wandering around".

I'll start Bielgrath and the other followers of mine from within the tower and surrounding fortifications, where would you prefer to have Almas start from?))

[[ I think, perhaps, the heroes might have established some sort of makeshift little base someplace? You did mention that their former castle was open, so perhaps they could use that? I'm not entirely sure, but they can't just keep wandering aimlessly without a home. uvu; ]]

[[ As for Almas, I think she'd bounce between endless shifts taking patrols and making reports, and possibly going out and helping on the search for whatever inhredients are translated - - or mistranslated. She's not a very sleep-oriented Loyalist, obviously. She'd probably start on coming back from another ingredient hunt with a few of their troops, I think? ]]

((Drago won't be joining the alliance with the other heroes, since he's not inclined to trust them after their last encounter.

Irina and Alicia will join, however.

Which castle are you referring to, Eldricht?))

Edited by Sean175

[[ I thought you mentioned the last castle Caecilius and the others inhabited was - - nevermind, sorry! I was thinking of something else! ;;; ]]

((Yeah, sounds pretty good. Read all of it. I kinda forgot where I last left off, it's been so long...))

((I've received no reply from Lou and the PM hasn't even been looked at, the RP may restart now.

Shall we go with the good characters being in a town?))

(and i shall start the revival.)

So much death and deserters had happened in the several months the trio dragons were shaken up by this but they held their resolve in spite of it.

Eren

He walked around the town greeting villagers and members of the alliance. He called out for a meeting of the alliance. Wanting to discuss how to find and destroy Kievo before he is revived. If he is revived he says Kievo and his army must be stopped as fast as possible.

((Well, I'm considering giving this another go. I just don't want to suddenly lose interest again and leave you guys without a reply.

I might try posting something tomorrow (I'm on phone right now). Will probably start isolated so I don't bother anyone until I feel like "I'm here to stay".))

((Hopefully I haven't gotten too rusty =o))

Alicia and Irina stood beneath the branches of a tall but dead tree, which was providing them with some shade from the sun. She could see the dragon Eren going around for some kind of meeting, to which she simply turned and gave a bit of a glare to Irina. Joining in this alliance had never seemed like a good idea to her, she had hoped to stay out of it. But Irina's desire to help others and refusal to simply hide had forced her hand. It was something that now created a bitterness between the two best friends, a conflicting issue that would of completely separated almost anyone else.

Irina turned and looked slightly at Alicia as she noticed the cold glare upon her, something which was greatly saddened her. But she knew there was more at stake here than just their friendship, all of Kevatia was now threatened by one common enemy, one that sought to obliterate all other races - along with all sympathizers from their own race.

------------------------

A strong blizzard was blowing atop the mountains of the north, one far more fierce than would be considered normal. Bielgrath stood atop the former mages' tower, looking out at the surrounding mountains. On every third peak, another dragon could be seen as they watched the surroundings of the fortress attentively. Now that they finally had the remains of Kievo, they were going to let nothing stand in their way.

As he turned to look down, there were more dragons scattered far down below attentively guarding all the paths and cliffs that could be used to get up to the fortress, none of these dragons looked to be as malnourished as they once used to, though they were still quite thin. As finally turned his attention to the courtyard below, many dragons could be seen scattered about, some sleeping. A large pile of dead bison was stashed in a corner, kept from rotting due to the intense cold.

With a slight grin and snarl, Bielgrath again looked up to the sky. "Kievo... My lord. Soon you will be among us once again... With your guidance, dragons will surely triumph."

----------------------

Caecilius paced back and forth in a small room within one of the lower floors of the castle, he turned his head sharply to the side. The walls all looked to be stone and many old books were piled on the ground, ancient draconic markings were across the walls likely put there by Caecilius himself, as they looked to be quite fresh. As he turned his head again, there stood the skeleton of Kievo the chains that had held him before, now being used to support him from the ceiling and wall. Many skulls laid across the ground, along with various herbs and other items that Caecilius had attempted to use in the spell.

"Gah... This was supposed to be a simple thing... Why must everything look the same when it fades?" he snapped, holding up the tablet they had previous captured. He turned to face the other side of the room where a large pair of stairs was, a dragon coming down them. "You! Bring me the head of a fish!" he suddenly demanded, the dragon simply looked at him and responded "The head of a fish? But those are extinct." To which Caecilius replied, "Yes, but on the shores of where the oceans once were there should be plenty of skeletons buried. No more questions!" he snapped even louder, the constant stress of attempting to perform this powerful spell and failing, was taking an extreme toll on Caecilius' mental state, as he was now beginning to snap at everyone that attempted to talk to him.

---------------

Grenack looked around in another area deep below the surface of the tower, the walls were dirt and appeared to have been disturbed within the last couple months. Several other dragons were there with him, as he looked around with a smile on his face, dead grass was piled in various spots across the room and was on fire, lighting up the room and giving it a sense of added warmth.

Within the room were several dozen dragon eggs, small holes dug within the ground and holding only one egg, the other dragons seemed to be going around tending to the eggs.

------------

Krevkant stood in front of a large pile of rubble that seemed to be mostly covering stone stairs, before him stood the large castle that they had fought with Lou over for so long. The castle that Bielgrath sought to claim not only due to it's draconic secrets, but due to the fact it held the tablet necessary to revive Kievo. Dragons stood everywhere in various guard positions around what used to be a human settlement, mostly upon the guard walls.

Multiple Earth Dragons could be seen clearing rubble from the castle as they attempted to gain access to various floors, though in certain cases the walls and ceilings would collapse more as they removed rubble, forcing them to start over.

[[ Oh, I thought we were going to restart this on some other forum starter! This is fine, too, I was just confused! I was wondering, though, if in place of those who no longer participate, we'd open that other forum - which I don't think we'll open now - for other folks to join up? ]]

[[ Let's hope I don't lose track of time and schedule myself....;u; ]]

One of the lurkers ducked as a vase was thrown from it's perch into the wall, just behind where their head used to sit. Lady Almas only snarled. " You can't tell me you don't have an explanation for any of this!" she snapped, turning to pace furiously about. Though the servants could say nothing, the two-headed Magus before them only sighed.

" Look, this only came up about three months ago." Came the response from Montressor, his second head bowed down lower than his first. " Before then, everything was going well for excavation. But we uncovered another network of tunnels and started working from there, and . . . we though the first disappearances were due to cave-ins. He just gave out work warnings."

" Except they weren't, were they?" She paced around the carpet to her personal room in icy fury, tail lashing openly, narrowly missing the scouts before they decided to dismiss themselves smartly. When she came back around to Montressor, he ducked his head without moment's hesitation as the tail came again. His expression remained calm, despite the tense air, and she went on. " You checked those tunnels, and there were no collapses, no traps laid within, you said so yourself! So unless we're dealing with with another group of Lurkers - which I doubt - then you've found us interlopers."

His look hardened. " Or I've found something even better."

The words ' or worse ' almost seemed to follow, hardly an inaudible telepathic whisper in the air, but Montressor silenced his second head as quickly as it spoke. The Lumina slowed in her steps, almost freezing at the thought. She processed what he could have been speaking of for a time, until, scales slowly bristling, she looked back to him with sharpened glare. More professional, but more exhausted, at least. Not entirely as hopeful for what deluded idea he gave her. " . . . You know nobody's ever found that and lived, Montressor."

" To even think that you may have found the entrance to . . . - "

" Well, it would make sense. Replace the non-existent cave-ins with magical traps or dragon-nappings, the ' hallucinations ' of the other workers . . . "

She shook her head as she to walk to the bag over by her cabinet. " We have as much of a chance of finding that place as I do getting my Entropus Idol from that damned thief." Almas interrupted. She snaked her head through the straps, and pulled the bag over her neck onto her shoulder. She then turned to walk past him, sighing disapprovingly. " Please just focus on what we have now, than what we'd only find in our dreams, Montressor. I'm sure Fortunato could keep you focused on that task, at least."

His scales bristled harshly at the mention of his crippled secondary commandeering him, but he could only bow his head to her departure as she headed to the flight deck to take the sea-dragon bones back to the others. Once he saw her flying off through the window, he glared to his second head.

The second head lifted some in that subtle boost of hope for control, but Montressor just gave a low hiss. " Just because she still thinks you're the same person you were before I took control - " he growled, " - doesn't mean you'll be taking the lead here. I'll cripple you further if you mess anything up."

Fortunato's look changed, and he swore he almost saw a smile behind those eyes. It went back to that subdued dimness as quickly as it came. He turned back to the door, only to catch sight of a messenger. Scrawny and bony, the adolescent was only just growing into his adult wings.

" Your anonymous ally came to talk again, sir." he said. Montressor's anger faded kindly. The warm smile returned.

" Ah, the first good news I've had all day. Keep digging for more of the sea dragon bones, and send fewer of the troops into the disappearance sections of the tunnels."

~~~~~~~

Lady Almas took to that air with tired fury. First are the constant resurrection issues, then there's the back and forth ingredient hunting - hence her bag of dug-up sea dragon bones, partially fossilized crab, and long-dead coral husks - then patrols, and loss of plentiful sleep, and now, just now, she's being told her own lurkers are disappearing back at home and Montressor thinks it has to do with some mystical hidden cove business? That was just a complete and total load of corpsedust and she knew it. Montressor was normally such a smart dragon, but to honestly believe the old tales they heard as younglings, the old tales her own father told her from his mage work, about a hidden alcove beneath the sea? That was beyond ridiculous, and frankly, he should've known better.

If there was anything ' hidden ' in that dried, ruined flatland of death and little to no survival, they would have found some part of it by now, if anything. Of course, if Montressor felt the need to worry . . . did he think there was anything truly out there, then? Had he heard, or seen, things of suspicious order while she was gone? She wondered just how much or how little she was really being told. Fortunato would've been much more honest and open, but bless his soul, he could only communicate telepathically to the most highly-skilleed mages, now. Or, in plain tongue, his telepathy was so weak with Montressor taking more of his energy and sentience away in their symbiotic siblinghood that only the most sensitive mages could catch the whispers of what little telepathy signal he gave left. Thinking about it, she missed his conversation - . . .

She remained so distracted by her exhaustion and the new thoughts Montressor had given her to plague and worry over, that she didn't realize she was breaking record on how quickly she was busting wing back toward the towers. Not until she beat the heat of desert and the chill of fields to find the icy bite of blizzard-level winds howling down her backside again. She shivered, but it wasn't out of fear or cold. The air around those mountains had changed. And she hadn't felt what they now carried in many years.

Of course, that made landing difficult for tired dragons. But she managed to cover her exhaustion - somewhat - and tuck herself down, almost as gracefully as ever, to the lowermost path to the front gates. She landed with a bit of a scuffle, but no real difficulty, and slowly paced her way, bag and all, past the troopers to the gates. She hoped Caecilius wouldn't translate the need for these things as non-existent or mistaken again. But that hope was less out of concern, and more just out of wanting to keep her professional face as long as possible. If he told her that he'd mistranslated the part involving the crab, the coral, and the almost evaporated dragon bones she had to exhaust painstaking magic to keep together in the bag, she felt she'd burst with enough fury to kill a god.

Metaphorically. She'd probably just kill a soldier. Or ten. Or she might ask for a break for once. But she wasn't one for breaks, no, not when Kievo was so close to claw. Maybe she'd just take a nice chunk of bison and some hot water when she went inside to rest. That'd be lovely.

You know, if the Bison were much any good. She missed the banquets that the old world used to supply. she could only hope that the damage could be rewritten after her King's revival . . .

((A'ight, let's give this a try...))

Days had passed since she had been brutally attacked by Salazr, ending up crippled as a result from the battle. Those days quickly turned into weeks. And before she even realized it, they had become months.

====================

Inside a small but rather cozy shack, Dahlia was sat on a chair, sighing profoundly as she eyed her very prized chains which lied on the table directly next to her. A bow made of silver was right next to the chains, another of her valued possessions, with some arrows close to it. A metallic cane was leaned against the wooden chair she was on. The redhead girl turned to face away from her treasured weapons, as they brought some quite painful memories back to her.

Upon hearing the sound of the door on the wall opposite to her opening, Dahlia quickly reached for her bow, ready to nock an arrow and pierce the intruder's skull with an arrow, but upon recognizing the female figure who was coming in, she put the weapon down and grunted, "Oh. It's you. Gee, why don't you give me some sort of signal so I know you're the one coming in, rather than scare me like that?"

"Ya really gotta calm down. It's not like anyone's coming in to murder you or something..." the other girl replied, closing and locking the door behind her. If it wasn't for her tattered shawl that covered most of the left part of her body coupled with the pumpkin-colored hair and her yellow eyes, Dahlia would have shot her on sight, mistaken for an intruder. Paranoid, she wasn't willing to take any chances. Better be safe than sorry. "Find anything good, Ingrid?" she asked, changing the subject quickly.

"Nope." Ingrid shook her head, to which Dahlia responded to with a frustrated frown. "Not a single soul on the road close to us. That, and we're runnin' out o' supplies..." the orange-haired woman added in. Her companion mumbled something underneath her breath, which sounded like an angry 'damn it'.

Out of all possible scenarios, Dahlia never imagined she'd unite forces with Ingrid in order to survive. Her old friends had decided to go up against Kievo and save the world. "Save the world"... she cringed upon thinking of that last sentence as Ingrid left to another room. What world? There were no grassy fields, nor lively forests and let alone seas full of life to fight for. The prize in stake was naught but wastelands, dead forests and deserts (hot or cold). It hurt her quite a lot, disbanding like that, but Dahlia decided to stray away from her old group, her mind being far from anything heroic. Ingrid, who at the time was with them, also chose to leave, a fortunate coincidence. Dahlia had two good, working arms but a terrible pair of legs, while Ingrid had two good legs but only one arm. It only made sense for them to join forces to work together, even though this was going to be a huge risk for Dahlia, with Ingrid's insanity taken in account.

Dahlia thought she'd end up dead days after agreeing to go with the madwoman but there she was, alive. In the time they were together, Dahlia taught Ingrid on how to try to control her psychotic outbursts to make the smarter choices, and sure she was showing progress. Her methods still remained questionable however, as the shack's previous owner, who now rested six feet under, witnessed. Poor guy. The hunter didn't expect that an one-armed girl would be quick enough to sink that keris blade deep into his neck before he could reach for his own weapon.

Dahlia's stream of thoughts was interrupted as Ingrid came back to the main room, lit by a small fireplace, and announced, "The stuff we have stored in here will barely last us a day. We'll have to go out soon." That was another thing that Dahlia taught her. Keeping track of supplies and how to survive in such distraught environment.

"How much water do we have left?" The redhead asked.

"About three bottles left."

"And food?"

Ingrid chuckled nervously. "What food?" Dahlia cursed out aloud and covered her face with her both hands. Going out was dangerous for them. Without being able to move properly and with Ingrid handicapped, even a small group of bandits would be a threat to them. If they didn't get recognized by the guards, that is - they were wanted in some places for a number of crimes. Assault and battery, robbery, muggery... and in Ingrid's case, cold-blooded murder.

And the wild animals. Ingrid's right cheek now bore a nasty scar caused by a black bear's claw, the wild beast attacked them weeks ago. Pinned down, if it weren't for Dahlia reaching for her bow and shooting the bear an arrow through his neck, she would have been killed right there.

Ingrid opened a closet, grabbed a black cloak out of it and tossed it over to Dahlia, who put it on at the same time Ingrid put her shawl's hood on and tied her hair into a ponytail. The girls' hair had grown longer than the length it usually was at. The redhead put her hood on, and, holding onto her cane, stood up from the wooden chair. She never recovered from the gruesome injury inflicted onto her by that Copper dragon. Sure, they had found a skilled healer before, but he wasn't of much help. She could barely walk now with the help of a cane (and sometimes from Ingrid), but walking for her was still quite painful. Not to mention very slow, which added to the danger they'd run while out.

Now outfitted, Ingrid grinned - with her hair in a ponytail and her new scar, she was pretty much irrecognizable from her posters. And Dahlia's hood covered most of her facial features, she'd probably get mistaken for some old lady or something.

"Don't forget the backpack and to take whatever water we have left with us, dummy. And definitely don't leave our money behind." Dahlia warned, to which Ingrid complied and headed off into another room to get their traveling stuff and to set off to the nearest town they could find.

((A rather isolated start as I promised but I hope this is okay.))

Levi

He became more serious and less arrogant from those months. He considered himself changed no longer the same arrogant Levi he was before. The deserters were to him as Kievo was now. He held no more respect for them but the dead ones and casualties from it he respected and the living ones now he also respected. He went up to Drakahat. "How it's been. So far that is. I think your sad Lou is gone I think you had some sort of crush on her. And the others gone probably impacted you too. I feel the same as you do probably."

Edited by Soulking

Bielgrath watched from the tower as Lady Almas arrived with the supplies that Caecilius suspected were a part of the spell, watching only for a moment before turning his attention back to the sky. With great pride he watched quite attentively for anything that could be a threat, he didn't show the fact he was truly quite exhausted from both the stress of the constant revival attempts failing, as well the lack of sleep, he had not slept once since they found Kievo's remains. This was something that inspired many of the other dragons around him.

The dragon that Caecilius had snapped at to get him supplies quickly came out from the tower, going right by Lady Almas and opening it's wings taking to the air.

--------------

Caecilius let out a bit of an angry snarl and swung his tail to the side, knocking the stack of the mages books over and across the floor. His temper was beginning to become uncontrollable, though he badly needed to rest he refused and would continue refusing to do so until Lord Kievo had been revived. He turned his attention to the stairs as he heard someone approaching. ((Assuming Lady Almas is on her way down. If not I can scratch this part. :o ))

Edited by Sean175

[[ And you assume properly, my apologies for not clarifying, sir Sean! ^u^ ]]

If she'd noticed him looking, she would've returned the look, but she couldn't be bothered with anything else besides delivery and stress. She just wanted to deliver the goods, then leave, before Caecilius possibly sensed or read or - - however he found out anything dark or secretive that something was off with her latest trip home. Though at this point, her own home didn't honestly feel like such a home anymore, but it mattered none to her in her current state.

Despite all her work, though, she didn't rest. She only found the time for momentary breaks, for grooming or cleaning, as was shown when she finally came down those broken-down stone steps to Caecilius' summoning hall. The torchlight only flickered, but enough of it fell from her scales to give her a nice glow. It would've been good to paint, if she could see herself. Not that she concerned herself with self-portraits anymore. That wasn't even exhaustion. That was just the maturity that kicked in.

" I hope the others haven't been giving you trouble?" she asked. She stepped over the stack of books without a single digit grazing spine nor page, and continued. " Or was it the last batch?"

Despite having been cold in the past, the long months of interaction with the others let free for her warmer side to emerge, even if it was only warmer in that predatory sense of a lioness over her pack. Had to give the felines credit, they worked well together. As did her new allies, now that she had been around them long enough to socialize.

She felt a yawn coming up, and only pressed her tongue to the roof of closed mouth to press it back. Once it was gone, she freed herself of the bag. She nudged the large package over to him, and politely stepped back. " Hopefully this batch will do you well, then, dear. We identified the skeleton as a Gray Dragon, though they almost threw it out when they misidentified it as a Silver. We also have four samples of fossilizing Crab, and we managed to find the remnants of an old reef in our work. That results in about ten pouches of deep sea coral dust, which is set in a larger bag inside, to keep it from mixing with the rest. "

" The crab is wrapped, as are the bones, to keep any of them from breaking. I had to minorly enchant the Gray bones to keep them from cracking underfoot, but... " Eh, no, she had to yawn> It snuck up on her, how she hated surprise attacks against her. She let it fall for just a moment, the dainty sound it was coming from the poisonous dragoness, then went on." But aside from that, we've been doing well. Bones are few and far to find, but sealife fossils aren't too difficult."

" So I'm hoping you're still in requirement for such...?" Almas could only purr in inquisition.