Quackerz

Our war, their burden.

"As if I couldn't handle a few orcs." Dahlia thought, interpreting Lou's phrase as a sort of insult. Though she admited that in large numbers, orcs could be a real problem. But what mattered to her was that the stranger seemed to have no intention of harming her. She wasn't so sure about Nendir, but Dahlia felt the same way about him, that he wasn't a thug of any sort. "My name is Dahlia." she introduced herself.

~~//~~

Wandering through the dead woods, Ingrid's ears perked up as she began to hear voices. No, not imaginary ones, and yes real ones. Two sounded feminine while the third voice was masculine and a bit crazed. She headed off towards where she believed the talking was coming from. The young woman could see an old building, a human and a dragon coming out of it. No signs of who the third voice could be, though. Ingrid stood behind some dead shrubs, in a rather limp way, thinking she was well hidden. While someone careless could easily pass and not notice her, anyone with a sharp eye could easily see her.

Edited by MetalDragon

Irina looked around as she stepped out further, then immediately turned her attention to some dead shrubs. She turned to face it with her full attention and simply glared at the shrub as well as the person who was hiding behind it. Alicia noticed Irina and also looked towards the shrub. "Who's there?" Alicia asked, with a relative aggressiveness in her tone. She still had her knife out, since she had not trusted Tiknev she had never put it away.

Edited by Sean175

Ingrid grinned as the human pointed the knife at her. She jumped out of the shrubs in an athletic manner, rolling in the air, then striking a pose by extending both her arms to the sides as she landed on her feet. "I don't know who's there, but I know I'm here." Ingrid said with a slight smile as she looked up at the strangers. She eyed up the female's knife. "Oh... Sharp." she said. She was itching to draw her own blades already. But first, a little chat couldn't hurt, could it? "What is your name, my dear?" Ingrid asked as she looked back at the human.

Edited by MetalDragon

Drakaht eyed the four figures warily from his hole in the ground."two elves and two humans.. Quite an unusual sight..so noisy..... I need sleep...." He thought to himself

He raised his head from the hole,popping up a short distance behind the elven man, and growled"keep it down! I need my sleep. And unless an army of orcs are coming through here, I don't want to be disturbed!"

Then he quickly retreated into his hole.

"Alicia, and yourself?" Alicia responded, still with hostility. After her recent encounter with Tiknev she was in a worse mood than usual and saw no reason to be trusting this stranger. Even Irina was at this point distrustful, the forest had brought then nothing but bad luck in general and she remained on guard. A slight breeze blew through the village, causing some dust to stir up in some of the debris but only momentarily.

Ingrid looked up as she stood in a normal way rather than just staying in her pose. Did she... Forget her name? "Oh! I think it's... Anne-Marie! No, wait! I'm Lily!" she said, scratching her head. "No... That was some kid's name... Hold on! It's Sigrid! Ah, no way. That name is too ugly. Hmm..." she stood there, looking up and putting her hand in front of her mouth as she thought. Her talking was likely nothing but mad ramblings to the two strangers. Her eyes shined with excitement as she finally remembered. "I know! I know! It's... Ingrid." she finally introduced herself correctly. Her fingers could be seen twitching a little as she resisted her urge of just drawing her blades, a twisted smile on her face.

Kitsu strolled through the forest. He was in his fox form, and was looking around to see if any prey was nearby. His three tails waved as he trotted through. Was there any prey around here? Its much more fun walking around in this forest if your a human... He thought. Maybe he should revert back into his half humanized form. But finding food would be a lot harder... He thought for a moment. I think I'll have a better chance of surviving if I turn into a boy... He thought. He'd rather not be hit with 5 arrows in the legs to be eaten by other hunters. Quickly, he jumped and shifted into a humanized boy. His fox ears and tails were still on his body though. Sorry, but it looks like I might need to look a bit helpless. He thought and quickly made his animal ears and tails disappear as well, giving him, a more...normal look. "...Aw! It feels so wrong without the tails! I'm not used to this!" He exclaimed. Take it in...! Y-you'll get used to this sooner or later! Kitsu thought to himself and started to stroll through the forest again.

Celariel tore a bit of his jacket off and put it on his wound. "Anybody have twine or string? I need to bind the cloth." he said. "Nothing? oh well..." Celariel grabbed a bit of string from his jacket and used it to tie the cloth to his arm. "I guess I haven't introduced myself. I am Celariel." As Celariel sat down and searched his pack for food and water, he heard a voice saying something about being quiet. Drawing his knife, he walked over to the place where he had heard the voice from. "Where are you?" he called out. Brilliant. I'm hearing voices out of nowhere, meaning I am either insane, or this thing can turn invisible.

((THIS IS LOU'S POST AND NOT MINE, she told me she's having some troubles and asked me to post this for her.))

Lou looked at Dahlia. "Why are you toying with orcs?" she teased lightly. "I can see you can use that blade." Perhaps I can tell her my true identity. She may need my help in the future. And the elf Nendir? He seems trustworthy enough too. That when she heard a cross bow being nocked. She turned and caught an arrow aimed for her head. An Orc stepped out. "Really, Master Orc, is that a way to treat a Lady of the Shadows?" she pulled a dagger from her hair (one disguised as a hair comb) and threw it at his heart. The Orc fell.

________

((This is my own post))

"Stupid things were chasing us. We were trying to lose them in these woods - we didn't know how many there were looking for our blood." Dahlia replied, looking at Lou. The wanderer didn't forget about the water, the bow or the food, she just happened to have been caught up with all those people. "And yeah, I can use these blades for sure. And I see you're not bad with a blade yourself, either." Dahlia said, after seeing Lou throw a dagger and hitting an orc with pinpoint accuracy. "I'll trust these people. For now." she thought as she wrapped her chains back onto her torso, but that didn't mean she wasn't on a lookout for more orcs. She was hoping to get going again as fast as she could.

"Seeing as how that one found us, the others shouldn't be far either." Lou sighed. She'd have to morph to a dragon to save them. "Nendir, Dahlia, would you both like a quick ride away from here?"

Kitsu walked along the dead forest. Nothing seemed to be interesting. Maybe nobody was here. Maybe I could sing a song them? He thought and hummed a bit. He eventually started to sing very loudly in the forest.

"Oh, Mrs. Fox,

Don't take an umbrella,

Quick, knit my feelings together~"

He sang loudly. There didn't seem to be anyone here. It wouldn't be dangerous to sing if nobody seemed to be here, right?

"A daimyo's procession.

Corpses guarding the gates,

Open? Open Please?~"

((Kitsu is singing

)) Edited by Jass

Drakaht peered out from his hole as the Elven man drew his knife.

"Oh great. Now he's about to attack me too after disturbing my sleep.I guess the wise thing to do would be to scare him off before he finds me." he thought.

He burst out of the hole and let out a loud roar, tearing up a few tons of dirt and dried grass around his hole.

(Note: Sorry about the weird timings When I post. I live in Singapore, so my time zone is different, and usually i am asleep when you guys are active)

Edited by Melomancer

"By the Great Forest!" Celariel went flying. Skidding on the ground, he lept up. Celariel ran to the others. "Uh, do we leave now?" he asked the them. Holy censorkip.gif that thing was loud!

"I wouldn't mind getting out of here now!" Dahlia said as she turned around to see a dragon roaring loudly at them. From what she remembered from books and stories, that was a vampire dragon, a quite dangerous breed. Orcs she could handle, but such type of creature? Dahlia was sure she'd get her head bitten off or something. She just hoped that, wherever they'd run off to, they wouldn't go too far from the woods. The best outcome for her would be actually remaining in the forest while evading the orcs and the dragon.

~~//~~

Ingrid's ears perked up as she heard a male voice, singing some sort of song. She turned her head to the sides quickly, looking for the sound's source. She couldn't make much out of it, though. "Huh? Corpses? Gates? I see none of that! How am I supposed to open something that may not even exist?" Ingrid asked quite loudly.

((I assumed Kitsu is in the same dead forest... Correct me if I'm wrong so I can edit this out if needed.))

Lothuialel morphed into her true form: Shadow Walker Dragon. She roared at the Vampire. "Stay away from my friends!" she snarled stepping between them. She looked back at Dahlia. "I will not hurt you. I can carry you from here safely. Just tell me where you'd like to go and I will take you there." She swung her head back to the other dragon and growled protectively as she crouched down for Dahlia.

Kitsu's ears would've twitched after he had heard a voice if he was in his fox form. Did it hear me? He thought and tilted his head. Guess he wasn't alone after all. He heard some of the things the person had said. Was it maybe speaking to him? "....Who are you?!" He exclaimed. Maybe I could be friends or stalk them! He thought excitingly. There didn't seem to be much people to spy on these years...

Celariel was freaked. A girl turning into a dragon? By the Great Forest! At least she seems to be on our side. "Why oh why did I have to follow that elf?" He muttered to himself. Nocking an arrow to his bow, he aimed it at the vampire dragon's head. "You make one move, dragon, and you're dead!" Celariel shouted at the vampire.

"Well, that didn't work." Drakaht thought. He turned towards the elf and growled:"Just go away! I'm trying to sleep here." He opened his mouth and let out a stream of rotten, foul black fire into the air, scorching the foliage above him.

Edited by Melomancer

Lou snarled and lunged at the Vampire. She crunched him to the ground. She looked at Celariel. "Shoot!" she roared. Her jaws snapped close by Drakaht's head in a warning gesture.

"This is not going the way I planned at all!" thought Drakaht. He Attempted to push the other dragon off him.

Edited by Melomancer

Elly watched as the others started to fight. Or, something like that. She stared in confusion, and tilted her head. Why were they fighting? Were they rivals or something? Elly wanted to ask them herself. "U-um...Why are you guys...fighting?" She asked nervously. "Do you guys know each other or...?" She nervously laughed a bit.

Lou snarled and kept her hold. Why was he being this way? She wondered. "What are you doing here?" she growled aggressively.

Elly tilted her head. She was curious. The girl ran up to the two and watched liked a crow. Her crimson eyes reflected upon Lou and the vampire being together. "..." She kept her focus on both of them. They seemed interesting. Maybe she could talk to them. "M-my name is Elly! What's your name dragon?" She asked.

"I am Lady Lothuialel-al Godrielel. You may call me Lou, Miss Elly." she replied without taking her eyes off the vampire dragon.

"Your name is complicated..." She laughed nervously. "Call me...Um...Call my Elle I guess...?!" She scratched her head. "Who's the other?" She asked and focused some of her attention onto the other dragon. "Poke!~" She said as she touched the other dragon's skin.