TJ09

2013-08-31 - Monthly Release

welp time to breed babies

Thanks for the heads up, TJ, although advance notice would be preferable in the future.

While I appreciate the sentiment of an advance notice, this was posted far to late.

Finding out at sunday, 5:50 am that the release was moved, does little to improve my mood - an im guessing im not the only european who noticed this just now.

Nope, not the only one! Up at 4.50!!!!

Luckily it's only 12:32 AM here, but hey! Time for my current eggs to hatch and grow up so I won't be locked next weekend! X3

oh, thank the heavens, for tonight i can't stay up to try to catch something c:

thanks for letting us know, TJ!

I agree with the others I like we where notified. Though it was bit to last minute for me too. The 8th is most likely going to be very busy for me I actually thinking due to that I might forget about it and either wind up egg locking myself or not being able to get on long enough to grab them.

Then it take forever to find them amongst the older eggs. Today it would have had the free time needed to do it.

Edited by dragongirl02

With all the understanding I can gather up at this time ... how can Sunday 1st, September 2013 be not the first sunday of the month? I don't really understand how there can be a missunderstanding if the release would be today or next sunday. blink.gif (this is meant as a serious question not as ranting and raving)

Maybe send a notice one or two days earlier?  wink.gif

I don't see how people could be confused about which Sunday is the first Sunday of the month. I think it would be more confusing to have the release next Sunday because TJ has told us that the new releases were on the first Sunday of the month.

I'm off to bed, which I would have earlier but I was staying up for a release. dry.gif

*nod* Exactly.

I completly don't understand the wording of the annoucncement post. "The first Sunday of the month" is not "ambiguous" even if it is the first day of the month. "The first Sunday of the month" is far, far less ambiguous than changing around when the releases will happen.

Agreed with everyone else. There is nothing ambiguous about "First Sunday of the month". Trying to keep up with it being a different week when the first Sunday falls on the 1st is WAY more confusing. (And sad, both for the people on the other side of world AND the people like me who rearranged their whole night to come scampering home by release time, only to find out it wasn't happening!)

Thanks for the heads up... Just maybe a day or two in advance next time? unsure.gif

Not to seem rude or anything, but... Aren't we lucky we're even GETTING a release? Sure the delay sucks and is inconvenient, but shizz happens. We all just gotta deal with it.

Sorry if that makes me sound like a jerk, but it's true~

We're lucky we have internet, and electricity, and this entire website.

That does not make what people are saying any less valid.

It's reasonable to expect confusion to not be added in the guise of taking it away, and it's reasonable to not want last-minute changes in something that the site has promised for a while.

I must be getting old...I remember back in the day we didn't get notice at all there was going to be a release. It happened randomly whenever. We couldn't predict it. Just saying.

While I appreciate the sentiment of an advance notice, this was posted far to late.

Finding out at sunday, 5:50 am that the release was moved, does little to improve my mood - an im guessing im not the only european who noticed this just now.

Well, it's only 7AM at my place, but I HAD indeed planned to set the alarm to 5.45 - luckily I feared something like this would happen so I put it off again. u,u

Thanks for the heads-up but in my case today would have been a better release-day, as next Sunday I will be away from home and will have to try catch the stuff from mobile or something... >_<

and it could have been earlier as well, like ~24h or something, so that everyone has a chance to see it before the actual expected release-moment.

I had no idea there was any regularly timed releases. How long has this been going on for? As far as I knew it was always random.

Edited by Syaoransbear

i honestly think its funny that the first sunday of the month release doesn't happen if it falls on the first of the month. some of us don't need a smartphone or a computer alarm to run our lives. what happened to the "you don't need to catch them all on release day"? at least it wasn't a holiday that postponed it...(labor day weekend in the US) lol

I had no idea there was any regularly timed releases. How long has this been going on for? As far as I knew it was always random.

Er... since March? So the past 6 months? And the "regular releases" were alluded to during the 7days release (as in "the monthly release won't be happening due to the 7days release"), so I'm not sure how you missed it. unsure.gif

That's good news for me. I was at a college game and subsequent sky show. wink.gif

I'm so disappointed. School starts tomorrow for me and I was really looking forward to this release. It would have cheered me up.

Now I can't sleep back... dry.gif

I don't believe there will be a December release, as we get to have holiday dragons released in October, December and February. With everything else going on for the holidays I think a release too might be too much for people.

I dunno. I remember the Magma/Thunder/Ice eggs all being released at Thanksgiving a few years ago, although they dropped for like 3 days straight. Plus it's 3 weeks between the beginning of December and Christmas (well, probably more like two if you figure there will be a week's time to breed older holiday dragons) which should be ample enough time between releases. But only TJ knows, which is why I asked. smile.gif

Thanks TJ. Kind of relieved. My computer had a surge and it won't turn on. Had to go through spider webs and dust to get this old slow dell out just to try an catch the new release. I'm expecting the power supply went, might be without a computer for quite awhile now....

It would be really nice to have these messages a day or two prior to the release so they'll reach the rest of the world in advance, too, not just the Americans. Then people wouldn't have to get up at 7:30 on a Sunday morning only to find out they didn't have to get up at 7:30 on a Sunday morning.

It would be really nice to have these messages a day or two prior to the release so they'll reach the rest of the world in advance, too, not just the Americans. Then people wouldn't have to get up at 7:30 on a Sunday morning only to find out they didn't have to get up at 7:30 on a Sunday morning.

I second this....Why to keep a scroll free for release if there s none?