LibbyLishly

Your musical guilty pleasures

So we have threads for our favorite bands, our favorite genres, our favorite songs, as well as threads for our LEAST favorite bands and songs. But what about the songs and bands you just love, even though you know they're no good and you're embarrassed to admit that you listen to them?

Here's the safe zone to talk about them. laugh.gif

My own guilty pleasures:

Nickelback. I know, I know, I know, I know. I have a whole Nickelback station on Pandora dedicated to the guilty pleasure of their particular sound.

Coldplay, just because they're so popular that I feel bad for liking them.

One Direction. I know it's a boy band! I know they're totally corporately produced! I just think they're so darn cute!

A lot of the songs from Sonic video game soundtracks.

"Starships" by Nicki Minaj. LEAVE ME ALONE.

Skillet songs, Chipmunk style. xd.png I'll never claim it's good. BUT I LOVE IT.

The Numa Numa song. Nope, I take it back. I have no guilt over this song. I REGRET NOTHING!

Edited by LibbyLishly

I like some Nickelback songs, but I think it's mainly for the nostalgic value. I used to listen to a few songs of theirs back in middle school and now the sound still takes me back.

I also would listen religiously to Linkin Park in middle school, and I guess that loyalty towards them never really went away.

I guess Prog Rock kinda counts, as my other half tends to be very rude about it (to quote "I like the first minute or so and then it sends me to sleep.").

Either that or I freely admit (with No Shame!) to liking Savage Garden, Cher and ABBA. Although someone once said that just indicated that I was a fully paid up member of the Gay Community.

Nightcore.

Me too!

I'm also *slightly ashamed* to say I listen to Bubblegum Pop.

Edited by Hazel360

Musical guilty pleasure huh?

>.> <.< >.>

My latest one

I just really like it okay?

Welp, now I'm listening to it, over and over and over and over and over and...

Doggone you. xd.png

Ievan Polkka. Any and every version/remix/cover of it ever.

I have no shame.

edit: oh my gosh this is like 2 months late but I was just informed that I can't read the difference between L and I >.<

Edited by Dimar

...miley cyrus

she's been stirring up a lot of drama lately with her provocative behavior and whatever (and by the way i do not not not agree that miley cyrus should be any excuse for censorkip.gif shaming no no censorkip.gif shaming is bad and if your only reason for disliking her is 'she wears skimpy clothes' then i will punch you in the nose)

but yeah no i really like wrecking ball

i mean none of her music has ever done it for me and her stuff does not fall into the genre of what i listen to but wow yeah i will admit that i am mildly obsessed with the song wrecking ball

oh and marina and the diamonds?

some people love her and some people think she's overrated

and then some people dislike her just because she's popular among hipsters or whatever

but i actually really like a lot of her songs

very catchy

edit

whoa i did not know that that word was censored

ok then

Edited by glamoursea2

My guilty pleasures are rap songs and rap artists

Odd Future, Kendrick Lamar, and Drake in particular

These songs are almost always in my head (warning: bad language ahead):

I used to be really ashamed of liking rap songs and pop songs similar to that genre.

A lot of my friends are very elitist when it comes to music, but I just like anything that makes me feel some kind of emotion.

Rap music usually makes me feel happy, and it usually makes me wanna dance!

Levan Polkka. Any and every version/remix/cover of it ever.

I have no shame.

YES!!! I've only heard a few covers, but yes yes!!

That annoyingly awesome "what does the fox say?" song.

Hannah Montana. I actually don't care for Miley's stuff much, but I still LOVE the old Hannah Montana songs.

Hannah Montana. I actually don't care for Miley's stuff much, but I still LOVE the old Hannah Montana songs.

This. I absolutely love "The Climb" and "Rock Star."

Also, stuff from the High School Musical (all three movies) and Camp Rock (both movies) soundtrack, as well as a lot of other pop songs by current and ex Disney stars. I also like quite a few Nickelback songs; though I am genuinely surprised by the amount of hate for them on the Internet right now. They're a pretty decent band.

Lady GaGa. I actually really like her music, it's just that she's just such an awful person that I feel guilty. And it's not even about all of the ridiculous outfits and stuff. It's her racism and cultural appropriation.

I actually feel no guilt or shame in liking the music I do, but I guess it'd fall under this since I like "bad" music. =P

Yodeling (full on swiss alps kinda stuff)

Southern gospel

Classic country

Western (not country - there's a difference!)

Traditional foreign folk music

I've been listening to

recently. That's all I have to say. *Puts on shades and runs off*

It was both loved and hated, awarded and bashed, so my liking of the song 'Some Nights' by FUN leaves me conflicted of whether of not it is actually good music. Well, at least I enjoy.

Skrillex's Bangarang is another one. Admittedly, it shows how much music had changed with technology (I'll leave it up to you to decide whether the genre is destroying music) by excluding meaningful lyrics, but it's so addictive. At least it won't kill me.

I am capable of liking almost any song. If I listen to it enough, it gets stuck in my head, and the next morning, I like it.

Edited by KoalaNoob