LibbyLishly

Your musical guilty pleasures

marina and the diamonds honestly

whenever i mention that i like her people usually make fun of me and call me a hipster but i dunno

marina and the diamonds honestly

whenever i mention that i like her people usually make fun of me and call me a hipster but i dunno

Lol, I know them! One of my best friends loves marina and the diamonds, and makes me listen to them. I do like some of their songs.

I like listening to opera/play music, and instrumentals. I don't really tell people that I spend hours listening to Les Miz and Phantom of the Opera music.

lana del rey, marina and the diamonds, beyonce & eminem i'm too punk for popular artists except i'm not and i love them((not really lana tho))

I like Blurred Lines sad.gif YES I KNOW that the message behind the song is sick and awfully wrong but I have to admit that the tune of the song is very catchy!

I only listen to Vampire Weekend's cover of Blurred Lines but not Robin Thicke's. (if that means anything)

Edited by aurorain

Ievan Polkka. Any and every version/remix/cover of it ever.

I have no shame.

edit: oh my gosh this is like 2 months late but I was just informed that I can't read the difference between L and I >.<

YOU'RE NOT ALONE!

I don't like every versions, but I think the original Loituma - Ievan Polkka and its Russian version are so addictive. In case you don't know it, here's the name: Dj Slon - Finskaya Polkka

There are other songs that I feel quite guilty about xd.png I shall post them later.

Edit:

Taylor Swift - Long Live

Colbie Caillat - Midnight Bottle

Edited by Slytherin7

I liked gagnam style sad.gif Yeah I admit it. I danced it too. I also liked (even got myself singing it) that song from eurovision

(hear it till the end and watch the video, I know it's rediculus). Edited by shadowgrr

*breathes in* t+pazolite. Yeah, I mean it. Say what you like, but I find their songs catchy and addicting. Take

and
, for instance. Ok, I think I'm gonna hide now. Edited by Hazel360

-The Fox by Ylvis. I actually think it's a really good song, in sound. It's meant to have dumb lyrics on purpose.

-Dragostea din tei (aka Numa Numa or Mai Ya hee), both English and Romanian versions

-Gwen Stefani

-Ke$ha

-Nicki Minaj (am I the only one who actually also happens to find her attractive... >3>)

-Any kind of punk rock, especially Madsen

-Remixes/songs from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

There are probably more. x3

Some of my musical guilty pleasures are what might be termed novelty songs. Older ones, but hey, I'm (relatively) old. tongue.gif

, yep, it's all about the Stooges.

Pac Man Fever, makes me nostalgic for the days of hanging out at the arcade all weekend.

, somewhat NSFW, and proof that even people with next to no talent can have a hit, lol!

And of course, pretty much anything from Monty Python, Weird Al Yankovic, and anyone else that was featured on the Dr. Demento Show.

Lady GaGa. I actually really like her music, it's just that she's just such an awful person that I feel guilty. And it's not even about all of the ridiculous outfits and stuff. It's her racism and cultural appropriation.

If you think Lady Gaga is an awful person, you haven't actually learned anything about the woman. O_O I LOVE this woman. She's not racist. She preaches anti-bullying, treating everyone with respect, and loving yourself for who you are. Her fashion may be out there, but she doesn't wear things without a purpose. The meat dress, for example, was a statement on gay marriage and how gays aren't any different just because they're gay. When we all die, we're nothing but a piece of meat. She's started a foundation with her mother that is specifically aimed at Empowering Youth and Inspiring Bravery with an aim to reduce bullying by educating not only the victim in ways to cope with being bullied, but also the bully about how these behaviors are hurtful and other ways to cope with their own emotions. Lady Gaga is one of the most down-to-earth musicians out there today. She wants nothing more than to help people and make people happy. </soapbox>

That being said, I feel like a lot of people have the same opinion of her that you mentioned. It is for this reason that, even though I adore her, she's still my "guilty" music pleasure. I feel like every time I say I love her and her music, I have to explain to people exactly why I do. There's so much negative media out there about her.

Pokemon theme song. I don't play Pokemon anymore but I can't get enough of the tune.

Edited by BeardedKumquat

YOU'RE NOT ALONE!

I don't like every versions, but I think the original Loituma - Ievan Polkka and its Russian version are so addictive. In case you don't know it, here's the name: Dj Slon - Finskaya Polkka

There are other songs that I feel quite guilty about xd.png I shall post them later.

Edit:

Taylor Swift - Long Live

Colbie Caillat - Midnight Bottle

I love Long Live!!!

Andtaylorswiftingeneral tongue.gif

I KNOW that she appears shallow, but she's an awesome person beneath the "I Knew You Were Trouble", and "We Are Never Getting Back Together". (Plus, those songs show that she has a bit of spirit, and that she's not gonna let herself be trampled on by idiots!! tongue.gif )

Oh, and

... Just...

*Goes and cries in the corner*

Edited by Saltpath

Virtually every notable song from 1999, obsession beginning at the beginning of the new year. I have no idea why it happened, or when it will ever stop.

All the One Direction. It's not even a guilty pleasure any more. I've just made peace with it and howl along now. Same thing with Lana and Little Mix (although they are actually amazing and their voices are superb and Salute is an excellent album), and, oh wow, yeah, Biebs' Never Say Never (I know, I actually apologise for this).

But why is Marina and the Diamonds considered a guilty pleasure?! She's so good! I wouldn't really consider her to be a hipster type thing - Shampain was quite popular wasn't it?

I like 1D to start, I wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure though. I'm pretty open about it

And my favorite song. It's so catchy and kind implies some weird stuff, and I love it (But I'm very embarrassed of it, if you couldn't tell by my not naming it tongue.gif)

I like Justin Beiber's older stuff quite a bit

And Country, but I'm pretty open with that too

Lady GaGa. I actually really like her music, it's just that she's just such an awful person that I feel guilty. And it's not even about all of the ridiculous outfits and stuff. It's her racism and cultural appropriation.

Same. Her music from a couple years ago is a guilty pleasure for when I want to feel nostalgic.

plus the barbie slumber party cd's from the early 2000's ;D

Nothing wrong with a bit of simple 4-chord music. But seriously its sad a lot of the pop chart stuff is made just to sell it's so boring and corny. Like it doesn't have to be have you ever listened to Mozart the man just uses I IV and V for pete's sake xd.png I don't really like a lot of the current contemporary singing trends (lorde! what is going on there??) especially the really corny ones.

Blue jeans by Lana del Rey is a shame song for me for some reason, I usually hate the way she sings now.

my friend likes little mix and they have really great voices but it's not something you'll ever catch me listening to tongue.gif

Summer Breeze by Seals and Croft is my NUMBER ONE guilty pleasure song.

Opera is my favorite style of music besides hardcore/screamo crap, but I'm wuite open about that. People make fun of me for it though.. D:

Let's see, what are some others...

Chris Mann (I met him a couple of weeks ago omg he was gorg)

Anything by Rick Springfield has a place in my heart..

They May Be Giants..

The Postelles...

Neutral Milk Hotel..

Nena.. (99 Luftballoons, oh my gosh.. That song is just woah)

And Taylor Swift. Ugh, I hate her new albums so much, but when I'm going through a romantic crisis, this is what I sing along to.

Last but not least, the Rocky Horror Picture Show or Les Mis soundtracks. <3

So yeah. These are the bands and songs that bring me up when I am down, and that I would be soo embarrassed by if people knew I listened to them every once in a while. Now I need to make a 'Guilty Pleasures' playlist on Spotify. xd.png

Edited by popcorncat11

Taylor Swift seems like a popular guilty pleasure, lol. I'm SO over all that relationship whining, but goodness some of her songs are catchy. And some are actually fairly deep (my favorite is Cold As You).

Wrecking Ball, Miley Cyrus. ..... It's just so much fun to sing along to!

And I have no idea who sings it, but one of my favorite fandoms has a fan-vid set to Casual Sex and omg so freaking catchy. It's hard not to sing to it!

I don't think anyone should call certain types of music a "guilty pleasure". You shouldn't have to feel guilty if you are getting joy from it. Music was made for us to be happy about, not the be guilty about liking something just because they use autotune or they don't write their own music, or they lip-sync... or some other reason they have a bad reputation. I do not have any guilty pleasures in music. I only would call something a guilty pleasure if it were from a bad person... so... Bruno Mars I guess?

Edited by Magic199

For me the only thing I can think of would be um.

the badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom song

once I listened to it for... a really long time in a row

But I think my definition of guilty pleasure is off. Because it wasn't really that. But like. Auditory masochism.

blink.gif

edit: Ohhhh I know a real guilty pleasure. The llama llama duck song. Hahaa I am so odd.

Edited by diaveborn

I really enjoy stoner music. Dunno why, but sludge metal and psychedelic rock are just really relaxing, haha. Uh, obviously I don't smoke drugs or anything. I just like the music, man.

Number one musical guilty pleasure: Weird Al Yankovic. I always laugh myself silly. rolleyes.gif