Magnus Kingdom Project

Magnus Kingdom Community Project

I wouldn't be opposed to rearrangements as you see fit. For instance, maybe we could decide if we call the starting pairs "clans" or "kingdoms" laugh.gif

For me personally, this project feels a little more overwhelming and at the same time vague / open-ended than other projects. For example, the Lovely Commons have a clearly defined scope: breed 4 generations with a specific pattern, and the task is done.

I somehow don't know where the Magnus Kingdom is going, or intending to go (besides the 1000 offspring). I did collect a bunch of pretty pairs and dragons, and I'm holding several clans - which nobody is interested in.

Could we, hm, I don't know ... hold some kind of in-project "breeding contests"? Like, give a keyword, for example "spiral", and see what kind of spirally looking lineages the members create with Magnus Kingdom dragons within the next 3 months or so? It certainly would help with the goal of 1000 offspring, too!

I never thought about the inconsistency of having "clans" and "kingdoms". I always thought that all project dragons are part of the Magnus Kingdom, and within the kingdom exist the clans. But that way, it would not make much sense to call all starting pairs of a clan "King" and "Queen" xd.png

I guess you are right about the project being quite vague and open-ended. It sounds a bit like you have the same problem with going on as I have. I have a few dragons from the project, a few Clans/Kingdoms I created, and besides breeding them for myself from time to time, I have no idea what I am supposed to do with them. Although to me it is usually pretty clear that I want to make pretty even-gen lineages with them. Mostly I have 2nd gens, because I don't know what to do with the offspring.

So, the idea of doing breeding contests sounds awesome!

I have a new Clan!

Clan Merch (Hooktalon/Nexus)

user posted imageuser posted image

King Linsengericht Merch (Hooktalon)

Queen Lottchens Merch (Nexus)

I have a new Clan!

Clan Jigs (Almandine Pyralspite/Thalassa Xenowyrm)

user posted imageuser posted image

King Theus Jigs (Almandine Pyralspite)

Queen Benecia Jigs (Thalassa Xenowyrm)

Both testbreedings were successful and resulted in an egg (Nexus and Thalassa) up for request smile.gif

Oh, lovely new Clans! If you don't mind, I would like to take one of the eggs smile.gif

I have started to work out a "breeding plan" for my Magnus dragons, which contains a schedule when I will breed for which clan. I will try to stick to that schedule with the Original Magnus clan and my own clans at first, but probably I will change the clans I breed regularly every two month or so.

In case you are interested, I bred a 2nd gen Feloidea egg this morning.

I am, but I'm completely locked smile.gif Will need to drop a few eggs into inboxes first, and hatch others.

I received a Magnus offspring!

Offspring Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/NGLgD

Clan + Breed of Magnus: Obvians, Albino

Gen of Magnus: 2nd

Offspring Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Ksopi

Clan + Breed of Magnus: Merch, Nexus

Offspring Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/WvFLm

Clan + Breed of Magnus: Jigs, Thalassa

Thank you so much, Ruby Eyes! These are lovely wub.gif

Edited by Claudii

I'm gifting a Magnus offspring!

Offspring Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/xNGuJ

Clan + Breed of Magnus: Neon, Yellow-crowned dragon

Gift link: Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

During the last couple of days, I tryed to figure out how I would reorganize the first posts of the thread. I took some notes in Google Doc, that you can see richt here. Just want to know what you think, I don't want to make changes without talking about them beforehand unsure.gif I already added the contests, as I think it is a great idea.

I would also like to add a rule regarding the creation of new clans. Something like "You can only create new clans if you have been active in this project for two month or more". It would be risky, because it could draw new people away from the project, but I am always afraid that someone signs up here, immediatly creates a new clan, and then dissappeares from the project after two weeks. I don't want more inactive clans, especially those where no one except the breeder has descendants off, or even where no descendants exist... (although I would say we "delete" the latter).

Also read through the first posts and realized that I have no idea what this part exactly means:

Any Magnus dragon may breed with another dragon of your choice, be it CB or lineaged. If it is lineaged, and not from the Magnus Kingdom, that dragon has joined the rank+clan of the Magnus it bred with. The newly joined clan member may not have the Magnus name as it's name, only the clan name, if you choose to use it. The offspring will be part of the kingdom, and may take the Magnus name as their own.

And I fear that Xeyla is currently not active on Dragon Cave...

I think the red part means it shouldn't have "Magnus" in its name - that may stem from when the project started and ideas were still being fleshed out on naming rules etc.

I agree that inactive clans can go on a google spreadsheet of some sort.

A requirement for a new clan could be "their first egg goes to the project" or something the like, to ensure offspring on scrolls other than the clan's origin?

I think the red part means it shouldn't have "Magnus" in its name - that may stem from when the project started and ideas were still being fleshed out on naming rules etc.

Oh, okay. It was a bit confusing to me, because it sounds like "You may give that dragon the clan name, but you may not give that dragon the clan name". I guess that is something we could clarify a bit more.

I made two Google Docs for the inactive clans and inactive breeders and now I believe spreadsheets would be better. I put the pictures of the dragons into the Google Doc, but I am not sure if that is okay copyright wise.

Inactive Breeders

Inactive Clans

That is a good rule to make sure we don't have more breedable clans without offspring. And without scaring new breeders away because of some restrictions based on the time they are already participating the project...

Well I just found this thread again XD

My latest Agapi (the only clan I have) is this misgender from 2016.

Interestingly, she's the first egg I've had of that lineage that misgendered.

So ... new breeds, new clans? Or do we first work on spreading the existing ones?

Hmm... I have to admit I thought this project was dead... Are we going to try to get this up again? Because I think we might need to do a little renovation here, then. Especially before we add any new clans. We already have so many where almost no one seems to be interested in...

We may need to weed out clans owned by members who haven't posted in a year or so.

Or, well ... declare this dead. If it's just the two of us left, I could see that being reasonable.

Declaring this dead would be kinda sad, though... We could try to make a reboot to get people interested in this again.

56 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Or, well ... declare this dead. If it's just the two of us left, I could see that being reasonable.

I think that would be a good idea, though what to do with the original breeding pair from cladus? And do we want to try to contact the other members before we weed out their clans, or just leave it, reboot, and if they feel like coming back we add their clans again?

By the way... I somehow always thought you were a thread mod, too, but as you are not listed in the first post, I guess you are not? Xeyla has always been the one who did most of the thing for the project, but according to her forum profile, she hasn't been online for quite a while and, uhm, I think her scroll got burned ö.ö Narvix seems to have changed their username on the forums, but is still active, so I could ask if they are still interested in the project or if it is okay if we take over.

Haha, okay, and I have no idea if I am good at modding, but I have a feeling that I am not :D

I'm going to send a PM to ValidEmotions and see what she says... And if she is okay with it, I will weed out the clans and redo the first post for a reboot of this project. Though I don't know if I will have enough time to do regular updates and other mod-stuff. I guess we will see how things will turn out then.

So, I'm now officially the only thread mod that is left. I will start doing an overhaul of this project then :)

Oh my ... If you need formatting or coding help, I can do that, I'm just no good for data/content updates.

Thank you :) If I run into problems I will let you know. Currently the hardest for me is writing nice texts that might drive people into participating here XD

Update

So, I made a lot of changes to the first posts. I guess that it clearly visible ;)

Summary of what I changed on the concept:

1. We always had "clans" which somehow did not really suit the project name and the fact that the breeding pairs consist of Kings and Queens. So now they are Kingdoms.
  2. I added "Alliances" as a way to call dragons that belong to two or more Kingdoms. Thought it sounds nice an reasonable.
  3. Added a rule that only grown up/frozen and named dragons can be registered (because it was a bit annoying to add those eggs and hatchlings that were registered before to the lists, due to them still having to gender, still having to get named, changing owners and all of these things). Just realized that I forgot that you can only register dragons that you own yourself, although I believe that is self-explaining. There are also some other new rules regarding eggs that were received via this project.
  4. Closed creating new Kingdoms. I thought that would be better for now, especially as we had sooo many in the past, and there were always some were their breeders were not interested any more or not playing DC any more, Also had the idea of maybe do contests for new Kingdoms from time to time.
  5. Added a small section for events. I already have a few ideas what we could do there, and I hope they will work out.
  6. New Document as a Registry. Up to now, it is a single table to add ALL registered dragons of ALL Kingdoms. But I'm not sure if that is not going to be very confusing and thus should be split up.
  7. I thought it would be nice if everyone who wants to breed for this project registers the dragons they are willing to breed (a bit like the Special Release Offspring Gifting Group does). I haven't created a document for that yet, but will probably do so tomorrow.
  8. Thought of some new forms, but I believe I might need some help with the coding. I'm sure I will be able to do this myself with a bit patience, though.
  9. Removed all those banners. I know that some of them were reeeally pretty, but it kinda feels weird to use banners that were made by users that haven't been around for years. I will try to make some new ones, but I have no idea if and where I need to ask for artist's permission if I want to use dragon sprites.

Also, with Xeyla gone, we don't have a Drake Kingdom anymore. I already have an idea for one, Howler and Honey Drakes, but need to catch some CBs first.

@Ruby Eyes:

I believe you know how much I appreciate all you have been doing for this project :) If not: Thank you! But... I have a little concern regarding one of your Kingdoms... The Idea Kingdom... The breeding pairs are lovely! But I have to admit that I am not so happy about it being two breeding pairs there. I never really liked the concept of having multiple kings and queens within one Kingdom (which is actually the reason why I'm not too sad about the Trifid clan being gone now). Do you think we could make two Kingdoms of these?

@cladus:

I'm pretty sure you have left Dragon Cave, and maybe forever, but as you might be able to see, I kept your original breeding pair listed and still would like to contribute to the original goal of the project. I removed all breeding pairs that are owned by users of which I certainly know that they are either not playing DC anymore or not interested in the project anymore, but it would not be fair to remove the Kingdom that had started the whole project. If you ever feel like returning, I'd be happy to see you also returning to this project.

@Zerhai, @Zeditha, @Ponystar17:

It has already been quite a while since Xeyla did an "activity check" and asked you all if you are still interested in participating in this project. As the project is now going to have a "reboot", and would like to ask you again. All of you are owning at least one clan (well, now Kingdom). Up to now, I have only listed the Kingdoms owned by Ruby Eyes and me in the first posts. If you are still interested in this project and want to breed your Kings and Queens for it, I would be really happy to add them back to the list of Kingdoms.

~Claudii

I am still interested!

My latest Agapi is still, as above, this misgender from 2016.

I'm afraid you'll have to PM me for breedings, since college is taking up a lot of time and I'm not as active as I used to be, but I'll almost always have at least one slot open for an egg from any pairing! :)

Edited by Zeditha

@Claudii @Magnus Kingdom Project

Nope. Not unless someone gives me a better naming idea - can you guess why they were named that way? XD I still want them to show that they are "sibling kingdoms".

Regarding Drakes, I could do plenty of Drake combos, I have many individuals that are unused still.

For example, Greater Spotted Drake and Tarantula Hawk looks good.

Other ideas: Morphodrake could go with Night Glory, and Glaucus with Day Glory.

That's just something to keep in mind until you open up registering new kingdoms again :)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I just wanted to say that I am excited to see this project getting a reboot and will be watching. If I didn't have so many projects I was working on already I would be signing up as well. 

@Zeditha Yay, I'm happy to here that you are still with us :D PM'ing you if someone requests an egg won't be a problem. I'm going to add you Kingdoms back to the list then (or well, at least when I'm back home this evening). By the way, I love your Agapi spiral!

@Ruby Eyes Then let's keep it as it is :)

@Rekha Thank you :) If you ever have time and space for it, we would be happy to see you joining us ;)

Already caught a Howler Drake yesterday. Maybe I just take one of my CB Honeys and rename it, so that we have a new Drake Kingdom.