Faetan

Welcome to Nightvale

I just started listening thanks to a friend's advice and I love it! I just listened to "Station management"......so creepy and yet funny and yet terrible and yet STILL FUNNY! Awesome podcast! The music is good too. cool.gif

I just started listening thanks to a friend's advice and I love it! I just listened to "Station management"......so creepy and yet funny and yet terrible and yet STILL FUNNY! Awesome podcast! The music is good too. cool.gif

Wait til you reach "Cassette" for REALLY creepy stuff KMC wink.gif

Hm, I thought the new Carlos' voice seemed a bit too young, but Condos was quite good! I wasn't expecting to be able to buy it, but a lovely friend gifted it to me. <3

https://i.imgur.com/nmCpd6f.png

Doodled the black angel that assists Old Woman Josie.

Ooh, that looks neat! *is still trying to practice drawing wings herself*

Edited by Dimar

NEVER mess with a guy's (sorta) cat. NEVER.

Interesting though that the kittens got ignored, obviously the "thing" didn't feel they were competition.

Edited by herk

Ok now I gave in Friday and listened to the pilot episode...

Well I finished Saturday and I loaded the live-episode "Condos" on Sunday and listened to it.

*squuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Sorry, had to be said.

So many things I want to know:

Who bought lot 37?

What happened to Teenage Cecil and his brother?

Who was the traveler?

Why does everyone hate Steve Carlsberg? (aside from the obvious reason that he IS Steve Carlsberg)

Which dead celebrity will play next at dark owl records?

Will we ever see John Peters - you know the farmer - again?

What will Lauren Mallard do to Carlos?

How will Tamika (and/or the rest of night vale) stop strexcorp?

How is Dana the intern doing?

Will the Erikas ever come back?

How are Koshek and his kittens doing?

Why are Cecil and Carlos so adorable?

No wait - I know that last one - because they are sweet and loving and have a developing, believable relationship, although we witness so little of it <3

Also: Throat spiders - best explanation EVAH!

OK at least those green ones got answered biggrin.gif

I never expected to find a Night Vale post here, but I'm glad I did! I have listened to every episode to date, dragged several friends in with me, and am even the proud owner of a Night Vale-inspired Welcome to Gravity Falls fancast project! (Wow I sound crazy!)

I listen to Nightvale when I'm driving. I'm still really behind, but I've known of it for awhile and I think it's an excellent body of work! I've gotten my boyfriend into it too, recently.

So how does everyone imagine Cecil? My image of him has been influenced by fanart. I totally see him with white blonde hair and glasses, with tattoos on his arms and his forehead. And Carlos, to me, has perfect, indescribable hair. I can't describe it. But it's beautiful.

Look up Godtie on tumblr! They have an excellent Cecil cosplay, and their boyfriend cosplays Carlos. They are definitely my headcanon Cecil.

OMG - New live show AND New episode biggrin.gif

And the regular episode... ohmy.gif

I won't spoil anything just... just... WOW I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Herk you're such a fangirl omg

Just listened to the new episode: that was sad and a bit alarming D: I'm downloading the recording of The Debate live show now. And I must say, I'm rather disappointed because I'll be going to New York City in June, but I can't get there until after the anniversary live show. Curse my inflexible schedules! >.<

WTNV is the most weird, wonderful, probably limitless thing I've seen and it is so amazing. And yet, somehow, it's so horribly difficult to explain to normal people in a way that makes it sound appealing.

God, I love this podcast. Its plot and characters are amazing, and weaved in with foreshadowing at every corner, not to mention the amazing representation that we rarely see even in modern media.

Also, I just encountered a guy who tried to use the Apache Tracker as a roleplay character right here on the forums, so can I just remind everyone that Joseph Fink has issued several statements telling us not to cosplay, draw, or write about the Apache Tracker? Because if you are doing so you are being grossly offensive to Native American people as well as misinterpreting Night Vale's message about racist people. Thank you all.

OK right now... I'm feeling physically ILL because of a podcast episode ohmy.gif

I hope the producers realise I will now forever and ever hate today's weather because it was given to me by Strex Corp. Sorry, that artist is now on my no-go list through no fault of his own.

Spoilers in white

Carlos - probably trapped forever since they captured his 5 backup scientists

Cecil - god knows where

Tamika - imprisoned

The Seans - made into bloody indestine studio decoration

The Angels - still gone (and no doors to reach them anymore either

Hiram and Faceless Old Woman - nothing more than Strex Corp puppets

Everyone - trapped at the company picnic

Wow, just found this thread. biggrin.gif

[Headcanon] Cecil is at least partially psychic. The tone of his reports often sound as though he were at the scene, rather than having the news brought to him by an intern. This is supported by that bit in Condos, which I will put in white text here. when everyone pictured a car going into a lake, and then made it happen with the power of their minds. And then there was all that weirdness with "A Story About You" and "A Story About Them". [/Headcanon]

So who are y'all supporting for mayor? Elections are coming up- make sure you vote correctly, goodness knows what Strexcorp have done to the Abandoned Mine Shaft.

Spoilery bits in white again:

I know, right? Episode 47 was traumatizing. I hope Kevin gets eaten by a certain five-headed dragon. The bit with the volleyball nets was both funny and deeply wrong at the same time...

But... I like Kevin. D: Unnatural happiness surrounded by viscera and evil is awesomely horrifying. Hmm, out of all the candidates, personally I've always liked The Faceless Old Woman. Also, neat headcanon there Storm. tongue.gif

Edited by Dimar

Dude Kevin is great. How can you not love Kevin. He's creepy and works for Strex, sure, but he's also chipper and covered in blood and that's always a good combination. I personally found Lauren really creepy actually, the way she keeps asking after everyone's names? I think she doesn't know Carlos's name yet. Hopefully she never finds out.

As for the election, eehhhh, I feel like neither candidate has provided much info on what they're actually going to do. Which is, of course, standard for elections (there's one going on here right now and all their radio ads do is diss the other candidates), but still. Hyram seems to be cool though.

I dislike Kevin in the same way that I dislike Umbridge- cheery evil is the creepiest evil. Throat-spider creepy, not fun-creepy. (Just to be clear, I think he's a great character, the dialogue and everything is awesome.)

While I agree with the Faceless Old Woman's views on bees, she has admitted to going through and altering the contents of my books, and that is unforgivable. Not that I have any books in my house, of course, that would be dangerous. xd.png

I personally found Lauren really creepy actually, the way she keeps asking after everyone's names? I think she doesn't know Carlos's name yet. Hopefully she never finds out.

She knows his name. I think she said something about "thanking him" after his timely warning about the orange juice? I might be mistaken about the ep but she asked Cecil about that handsome scientist friend of his and Cecil actually told her "Carlos" - I was biting into my keyboard from frustration and worry.

Edited by herk

New episode today.

All I'm going to say is I hope Lauren dies a gruesome and horrible death...

for even planning to kill Khosheks's kittens.

Also: YAY Cecil is BACK. I missed you sooooooooooooooooo much.

Yeah, I was up late last night to catch it. I think I felt a wider range of emotions during that 27 minutes than in all of last week.

Wasn't the weather perfect? biggrin.gif

In your smiling, sycophantic faces, Strexcorp!

Edited by Stormphoenix42

She knows his name. I think she said something about "thanking him" after his timely warning about the orange juice? I might be mistaken about the ep but she asked Cecil about that handsome scientist friend of his and Cecil actually told her "Carlos" - I was biting into my keyboard from frustration and worry.

Really? I didn't think he did. If I remember correctly he only told her Janice's name.

(But yeah, the Whispering Forest doesn't even acknowledge that Lauren is a person. Definitely bad news.)

Really? I didn't think he did. If I remember correctly he only told her Janice's name.

(But yeah, the Whispering Forest doesn't even acknowledge that Lauren is a person. Definitely bad news.)

Episode 40 - The Deft Bowman

Lauren is introduced. Around 12:30 or so and starts rambling. Cecil says Carlos at time index 13.30.

Right after she got the name she leaves with a "friendly" "Gotta Go."

Edited by herk

Just popping in to say that I love this podcast and I will be catching up this summer for sure. biggrin.gif

Edit: *flees from spoilers*

Edited by MoonShark

I have to wait until July 1st to hear the rest? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!