Faetan

Welcome to Nightvale

WTNV definitely is an awesome show<3

Once during Alex did the AMA on Gravity Falls as Bill Cipher, he accidentally mentioned Cecil's cast. Well, that's really SOMETHING. Closest official crossover ever.

Cecil's leaving is really disturbing, really it is:(

[i'm also wondering will they do a special episode on Carol's side? Like Carol's Great Adventure or sorts.

Some friends of mine think Carol is a Foundation doctor. If you know what exactly I mean, despite of the different settings, this sounds fair enough:P

Edited by Selina_616earth

SCREW THE RULES OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!!

Carlos belongs wherever Cecil belongs and Cecil belongs to Nightvale

*phew* /me sighs HUGE sigh of relief.

It took them 1 year to figure out what I said back then, but at least they DID figure it out.

I actually just started listening to it after my friend started randomly quoting it and I was like, what on earth.

I'm already hooked after about 2 days of listening.

I just got back from Night Vale's first live tour in NM! It was awesome and introduced me to an awesome musician (Erin McKeown). So glad I went. >D

I went with my sister, who doesn't listen to WTNV, but even she enjoyed herself.

~

Also, extremely late, but I may or may not have bawled like a baby when Cecil and Carlos reunited.

Aaah I'm so behind, I need to catch up!

I went to one of the live tours too, a while ago. It was so good!

I brought my family along too, so that was kind of interesting. They thought it was a bit weird, but I think they liked it.

I went to one of the live tours too, a while ago. It was so good!

I brought my family along too, so that was kind of interesting. They thought it was a bit weird, but I think they liked it.

I was worried about taking my sister, but she's actually thinking about checking out the podcast, now! She thought the show was funny and enjoyable - and not as weird as I was selling it (but that might change when she starts listening, lol).

Ok it's been a while and the podcast was magnificent throughout (tremendeously enjoyed Ghoststories live and I'm looking forward to buying it on itunes now that it's out).

I just listened to yesterday's episode...

What the flying monkeypoop ?

That was GINORMOUS

I was fully prepared to listen to 10 Minutes of farm noises.

I wasn't prepared to hear words like "windy" or "cloudy" after Cecil announced "The Weather".

This podcast has messed me up badly (but in a GOOD way).

Edited by herk

OK realities leaking - this has been going on like FOREVER of course (not only with the miniature city) and I remember Cal from Cassette (or at least ONE version of him) and the world ending in 1980 and the Russian sailor guy.

But what if THIS is the only reality where Cecil has CARLOS?

Don't you dare leave y'all. This reality NEEDS to continue.

DID I HEAR NIGHT VALE

I love night vale. Went to see Ghost Stories live in oakland, it was awesome.

I kind of liked the new episode, I'm always up for alternate realities.

EXCEPT ONES WITHOUT CARLOS NO

Ghost Stories was THE BEST

I saw it in Cologne and it had me in goosebumps all the time.

OK Hantukah... this makes SO much freaking sense with the bits and pieces from the previous years. I know they basically make it up as they go along with the background but man they are GOOD at it.

Also the writers have me worried once again about the longtime development of my favourite desert community....

Ghost Stories was the first live show I went to, which I super enjoyed (and loved the musician who toured with them), but I just got back from All Hail which was FABULOUS! Much love (even if I didn't like the musician quite as much). Definitely recommend going if their fall tour is headed anywhere close to where you live. I had so much fun. It was great. I actually seriously debated buying merch from them there I enjoyed it so much. But so expensive. =|

EDIT: Also, want to admit that I may have cried when Cecil and Carlos got married.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Wow, I actually have no memory of having made this topic all that time ago! I'm glad WTNV resonates with so many people! I love hearing what everyone has to say about the show!

Unfortunately I think I left WTNV's fandom a while back. Shortly after making the thread, I think? The fandom on tumblr was so vitrolic and hateful that it genuinely took away from my enjoyment of the series, and I guess I felt it was spoiled for good. Because of that, I haven't been in a fandom for a very long time... :/

I'm really happy to know that's not the case for everyone though. WTNV was such a treasure, still is.

34 minutes ago, Faetan said:

Wow, I actually have no memory of having made this topic all that time ago! I'm glad WTNV resonates with so many people! I love hearing what everyone has to say about the show!

Unfortunately I think I left WTNV's fandom a while back. Shortly after making the thread, I think? The fandom on tumblr was so vitrolic and hateful that it genuinely took away from my enjoyment of the series, and I guess I felt it was spoiled for good. Because of that, I haven't been in a fandom for a very long time... :/

I'm really happy to know that's not the case for everyone though. WTNV was such a treasure, still is.

There's a reason I avoid tumblr like hell...

I think the fandom in general is very lovely and the show is great (looking forward to watching the 3rd live show when they come to Cologne again soon)

Lol I wish I had never joined. I only keep a tumblr still because I have a nice extensive reference blog and nowhere to export it to 8P

I'm not sure where else I'd find other people in a fandom, so I stuck to tumblr. The fandom there was like, dang, who put bees in your cereal. I even had people I thought were friends rip into me for stuff (I don't even remember what all the fighting was about, so that goes to show you how meaningless it really was.)

I have to say I think WTNV influenced my sense of humor a lot though! I might get back into it, but I bet I have a loooot of catching up to do...

Carlos' voicemail was the SADDEST thing in all of the multiverse