angelicdragonpuppy

Mark previously grabbed eggs

I am for this change. Honestly, those that are fast enough to catch anything they want, are likely going to catch the rares that show up before most people anyways. If they can catch rares, I doubt they will always be there stalking all CB eggs, they are most likely going to be looking for something specific. What it will do is give anyone who stalks the AP page for enough time to go through 90% of the eggs and advantage, and in my mind, if you took the time to do that, you deserve it.

My only objection is that right now not being able to tell what you've clicked/not clicked is a sort of equalizer. Making it easy to tell at a glance what you've clicked on before kind of takes out that small disadvantage that levels the playing field a bit.

That said, I don't have huge objections to the idea and I can see how it might make AP hunting more appealing to people, so I wouldn't mind if it was implemented.

I'm with kerrikins. I am NOT one of those with huge problems - but I have every sympathy for those who do, and at the moment we do have the lack of info as a kind of equaliser.

Support if it only marks eggs which you were the most recent one to grab (aka eggs you can't grab). That sounds really handy.

Support if it only marks eggs which you were the most recent one to grab (aka eggs you can't grab). That sounds really handy.

It's most usefulness is in marking the eggs that you abandoned but can grab. Trying to pick up an egg you can't is a minor inconvenience. Abandoning the same egg over and over again is a major annoyance.

kerrikins & Tawanda001 do have a valid point and it would suck big-time if something that made things easier in one respect resulted in people who could snag nothing in the Cave being unable to even get CB or nicely lineaged Commons from the AP anymore... I should have realized that...

I don't really see this as having that effect. Rares get snapped up instantly, but CB or lineaged commons hang around long enough that I think everyone will still have a chance. We are all looking for different things. I was trolling for 2nd gen Soulpeace fails (with named parents!) for a long time and tossed back a lot of nice lineaged Whites and Daydreams. It would really have helped someone else who was looking for that sort of egg if the same ones hadn't ended up spending so much time on my scroll by mistake. wink.gif

Edited by purplehaze

I don't really see this as having that effect. Rares get snapped up instantly, but CB or lineaged commons hang around long enough that I think everyone will still have a chance. We are all looking for different things. I was trolling for 2nd gen Soulpeace fails (with named parents!) for a long time and tossed back a lot of nice lineaged Whites and Daydreams. It would really have helped someone else who was looking for that sort of egg if the same ones hadn't ended up spending so much time on my scroll by mistake. wink.gif

This. Plus, many people picking up multiples of X breed are WANTING said breed, meaning that that is what they are looking for. It is really discouraging when I am looking for a CB water, but I am constantly picking up hybrid fails, often those I have already picked up. It makes me quit going after that breed, often going for that rare I might have missed because I was looking for waters earlier.

It is one of the reasons I no longer pick up eggs off of the AP that have potential hybrids, because they most often are fails and I have no way to remember which ones I have picked up and which ones I haven't.

I look at it this way..... If you're hunting the AP you are either 1. Know exactly what you're looking for.. or 2. just browsing.

If you know what you're looking for, you're going to click every egg of the type you're looking for. And with the way it is now, that could mean over and over and over again. That gets old fast.. so the suggestion will help tremendously for those who know what they are looking for.

Those who are just browsing are probably just refreshing over and over and over hoping something good will show up. These folk are going to be watching close and clicking fast, so having something marked would probably not even bother them because they aren't sure what they're looking for anyway.

So..... slow clickers will still be in the same situation regardless of whether eggs are marked or not. Because they are competing with the browsers, NOT the searchers.

Like many others, I quite often do pick over common eggs looking for nice lineages and do hate picking up the same ones over and over again, since even if I remember to try to mentally make note of the codes, I often am unsure which of perhaps dozens actually sounds familiar, and it's enough of a pain that sometimes I just don't bother continuing until I find something that might be useful.

But I'd actually rather deal with that than feel that making things easier for me was depriving someone worse off of their only means of finding any decent/useful eggs at all...

I really don't see how this would be unfair.

1. It would only apply to dead common breeds since they're the only ones that hang around and are there in multiple.

2. Everyone has the tool, so how can it be an advantage to one person? The only possible advantage I see is for people who have been hunting the AP longer that session, since they've checked more eggs, but that's a short-lived advantage if it is an advantage at all.

It's most usefulness is in marking the eggs that you abandoned but can grab. Trying to pick up an egg you can't is a minor inconvenience. Abandoning the same egg over and over again is a major annoyance.

Derp. Sorry, I was tired and being an idiot. That's what I meant to say - marking eggs you've already picked up at any point would be very useful.

Ok, I'll give an example. Let's say someone puts up a trade asking for a handful of CB balloons, or whatever their favorite breed is, in exchange for a CB uncommon or a fairly nice shimmer or something.

Multiple players pop over to the AP and start shuffling through the balloons, discarding and marking the lineaged ones.

The next refresh brings up 5 balloons. You and the other people have marked though four of them as they've recycled through a few refreshes already. Who grabs the remaining fresh unmarked balloon? Whoever has the fastest response, because everyone is aiming for that same unmarked balloon.

So yeah, it probably only affects the commons, and only when multiple people are pretty much looking for the same thing. It's not a huge deal. I see the other side of it too because it does get old picking the same stuff up over and over, but I think it does take away that element of luck over speed when multiple eggs of the same breed pop up.

Support. It's annoying when I'm hunting for CBs and I keep picking the same bred egg over and over.

Support. This would be perfect.

ETA: Maybe the "time left" text could be gray instead of black, or in italics? Then there would not have to be a new element (icon, border or similar) on the page.

Edited by Confused Cat

I'm still on the fence as to whether I support this or not, but if something along these lines is implemented I would recommend that 'marked' eggs display with some sort of marking on top of the existing egg images (or better yet, unchanged images with changed text), rather than graying them out or otherwise changing their hues. There are already enough eggs with appearances that are very similar to one or several other breeds; there's no need to compound the problem.

Edited by Troubletail

This would come in super-useful in hunting for CB blockers etc. I hope there is a simple way to make this work smile.gif

I definitely like this idea as well. Sometimes I'm looking for specific things, like CBs, in the AP and I keep picking up the same lineaged eggs over and over again because I can't memorize all the codes of everything I've already picked up. And when I'm just browsing, I'm usually looking for interesting lineages or second gens, so it'd be nice to know what I already picked up and wasn't interested in.

I'm still on the fence as to whether I support this or not, but if something along these lines is implemented I would recommend that 'marked' eggs display with some sort of marking on top of the existing egg images (or better yet, unchanged images with changed text), rather than graying them out or otherwise changing their hues.  There are already enough eggs with appearances that are very similar to one or several other breeds; there's no need to compound the problem.

Unless i'm mistaken, people are referring to the egg being faded, which doesn't make the egg look like another egg, it just makes it... faded.

Example:

user posted image

Edited by MysticTiger

Unless i'm mistaken, people are referring to the egg being faded, which doesn't make the egg look like another egg, it just makes it... faded.

Example:

user posted image

Faded eggs would look like Shadow Walker eggs, and Shadow Walker eggs might be tricky to tell whether or not they were faded. Just putting that out there.

Faded eggs would look like Shadow Walker eggs, and Shadow Walker eggs might be tricky to tell whether or not they were faded. Just putting that out there.

They will only appear for a short time, while the rest of the year there wouldn't be any issue. Also, if they behave like every other holiday(I honestly can't remember) they will appear at the top of the page and be pretty apparent.

If you faded the day/hour left message as well it would be even more obvious.

*poke*

If the day/hour message is faded there can be no confusion.

I think fading them (egg/description) would work and it would be a huge help when sorting through the AP looking for things to keep.