angelicdragonpuppy

Mark previously grabbed eggs

I often fish the AP for pretty lineages, but here's the thing: after abandoning, say, one Harvest after another, it can get really frustrating to constantly get the "this egg cannot be found message" when attempting to pick up eggs I had just grabbed and abandoned. Both because I always worry that it was a new egg that someone else really did snatch, and because it's annoying to keep getting the same egg over and over when I was hoping it was a new one!

Thus, my proposal is simple: show some sort of mark on eggs that are currently "unobtainable" (in other words, that you just grabbed and abandoned) so it's easy to tell what you have and haven't already checked. Perhaps a small red X, or a red square background around the egg.

Yeah, I'm for this.

I think that it would certainly be logical, in an in-game sense, that if we were going to go searching through a huge pile of dozens and dozens and dozens of eggs, that we might make some kind of mark on the ones we looked at and didn't want.

After all, it's not like picking up (or attempting to) the same egg 8 different times makes most people think - okay egg, you win, I'll take you home. Also, every time I pick up an egg that I already abandoned (after someone else has picked it up in between), I have to re-abandon it and the action log is barely functional enough as it is for people who hunt the AP, so the less it fills up, the better.

I really like this idea. I'm always grabbing the same eggs over and over too. When I used a computer I could at least check the code by hovering my cursor but now I gotta grab and hope for the best tongue.gif

As a new hoard collector I support as well. I have specific rules for what I will and will not take home on my scroll, and only freeze as part of a lineage I'm in. Something that would help me label when I've tossed an egg back would be very helpful.

I support as well. I have the luck that rather than get the message that you can't get it, it has been picked up and reabandoned so now I have to abandon it, AGAIN.

Support!

It's very time consuming to either keep getting the "this egg cannot be found....." message because I've already picked it up, or worse, picking up the same egg multiple times after others grab it and toss it back.

With the (apparently permanent) lag issues I have with DC, any less repetitive/redundant loading I have to deal with is a plus.

Edited by danegrrrl

Definitely support! This is something that would help a lot of AP hunters immensely.

100% support!!!

When hunting the AP for CBs it gets really annoying throwing the same bred eggs back over and over and over. I like greens... yes, plain, old, common greens.. and there are usually at least 3 or 4 in the AP at any one time. Picking up the same one multiple times just frustrates me to no end.

A big red X over the egg would work... a box around it.. or just have it be grayed out like when a Windows function isn't available. Of course the BEST solution would be to have it not show up again at all, but I don't know if that could be done.

That would be heavenly! Even clicking on all eggs of the kind you're willing to pick up and refreshing the get/code/randomstringofnumbers link if necessary doesn't really work for more than a couple of minutes. Because, well, some eggs do get picked up, others that you haven't seen yet get abandoned... You get the idea.

I really like this idea because it is just too hard to remember the codes of all the eggs I have thrown back even though I can see the codes when I hover. I would hope it would be possible for the mark to stick even if someone else had picked up the egg in the meantime. It is very time-consuming and frustrating to keep throwing the same messy, inbred egg back again and again.

I support this, and would be very happy if it could be introduced.

However it does seem to me that it may be difficult to implement, as each egg would need to be marked for some players but not others. So if each player hunting in the AP has a different combination of marked eggs, would it mean more time to sort out the individual displays and that the AP will then take longer to load?

Programmers, please tell me I'm wrong and it is actually easy.

I support as well. I have the luck that rather than get the message that you can't get it, it has been picked up and reabandoned so now I have to abandon it, AGAIN.

This happens to me so often. I also support this idea. If we could also do purplehaze's idea of marking the egg even if someone else picked it up and re-abandoned it that would be great.

Definitely support. Right now I just try to remember the codes, but I can only hold so many codes in my head and it's too time-consuming to double-check the hover link every time.

If it's feasible to to mark AP eggs you'd previously picked up, that would be fabulous, although I'd rather not see the option to pick them up again removed, as sometimes one later thinks that yes, that egg would have done as a mate for something, or wasn't so-and-so looking for something like that, even though you don't need it yourself.

But we do have all kinds of things routinely marked as 'already done', so I suspect that it might be possible, and I'm actually rather surprised that not only did I never think of this, but that I can't recall any previous threads requesting this...

+1 support for this. I think it'd be super useful.

Like old_duck said, I have no clue how easy/hard this would be to implement...

But TOTAL support. I'm personally not too picky about AP eggs I grab, so it's not all that often that I grab-drop, but this is a great suggestion and really seems to have no downside.

Also support. Whenever I take an egg I have to memorize the code and watch for it. A mark would make things much easier.

My only objection is that right now not being able to tell what you've clicked/not clicked is a sort of equalizer. Making it easy to tell at a glance what you've clicked on before kind of takes out that small disadvantage that levels the playing field a bit.

That said, I don't have huge objections to the idea and I can see how it might make AP hunting more appealing to people, so I wouldn't mind if it was implemented.

My only objection is that right now not being able to tell what you've clicked/not clicked is a sort of equalizer. Making it easy to tell at a glance what you've clicked on before kind of takes out that small disadvantage that levels the playing field a bit.

That said, I don't have huge objections to the idea and I can see how it might make AP hunting more appealing to people, so I wouldn't mind if it was implemented.

^ This. I don't have strong objections, but I do tend to think that if faster players know which eggs they've already picked up they will zoom in on the unmarked egg and snatch them quick as a wink, just like in the biomes.

As it is now it's kind of a melee with everyone going off in all directions and while someone is re-abandoning an egg for the umpteenth time (and I'm right there, I've picked up the same egg over and over again too) someone else gets lucky and grabs something nice and it's so much more about luck than speed. I kind of enjoy the AP more because of that aspect.

Considering the only sort of things that would be lingering in the AP long enough for there to be a handful at once are commons, I doubt it would be that big a deal. Someone might miss out on a nicely lineaged common every now and then, or a CB one, but that's hardly the end of the world--especially when the fact that they're in the AP to begin with suggests the breeder would probably be more than happy to breed one for free if the person just contacts them. I've gotten a bunch of beautiful even gen checkers due to seeing others posting their siblings in the "great lineages found in the AP" thread and then contacting the people who bred them to ask for siblings. So yah, I really don't think it would hurt slower players much.

You...have my support. This is awesome.

I normally use the 'Inspect Element' on Chrome when I'm trying to find commons for GSL, but it is quite time-consuming.

This would be a lot more convenient.

kerrikins & Tawanda001 do have a valid point and it would suck big-time if something that made things easier in one respect resulted in people who could snag nothing in the Cave being unable to even get CB or nicely lineaged Commons from the AP anymore... I should have realized that...