KrazyKay12

The Continent of War

((Alright, alright., Just next time, try to be a little more patient. xd.png Some other RPs might not be as forgiving as us. I hope you have a fantastic time here! happy.gif Nothing cheers me up more than new RPers! I'll give you something to build on, seeing as I'm now the unofficial RPer for all the caretaker dragons at PeaceMaker base.))

The Red Dragon nurse went into the egg tent, humming a merry tune. Her singing was broken however when she heard the sounds of cracking from the egg pen. Scanning her eyes across them, she saw that it was the Olive Egg and a Silver egg right next to each other. The nurse waited paitently, and saw the two new arrivals to the camp.

"Welcome to the world, little ones." She said with a smile. New dragons were always a pleasant thought to her, since she hoped they would grow to do great things, things that might stop the war once and for all. The nurse picked them up gently, and set them down next to her.

"Ah, well, it can't be that hard, can it?" Kyle said. He sat in wait for Yellow-Tip to catch up. "All we have to do is catch it, right?"

"Hmm, maybe." Aspen replied. She saw Kyle wait for Yellow-Tip, so she herself sat down and admired the beautiful meadow. A blue butterfly fluttered by and landed on her nose, and Aspen couldn't help but look at its beauty. "Oooh, shiny."

user posted image

Yellow-tip's features cracked into a wide grin as she ran after Kyle, paws pounding hard against the ground. The earth felt good under her paws and she loved the way that the wind flew through her scales as her tail flapped and dangled in the wind, everything was fine... so fine... she loved it. 'Faster. That's it.' She ran on , pumping her muscles harder as she darted foward, seeming to cover the ground on winged paws.... then she fell head over paws... and tripped. With a yelp, she stopped rolling down the hillside into the woods and gathered herself together, spitting out dirt as she shook debris loose from her scales. "Did you see me?" She asked excitedly, bouncing up and down beside Kyle and Aspren. "I ran like the wind!"

Edited by XxDragonletxX

user posted image

The little hatchling sneezed as the nurse picked her up. When she did, the leaves rustled outside. The dragon hatchling stared up at the Red Dragon. Her breath was wheezy as she watched her than a silver thing next to her. She scrambled up to her feet, slipping as if the ground was made of ice. But she was successful and waddled over to the other hatchling. She poked the Silver Dragon hatchling before sitting down. "Who are you?!" she demanded to the other hatchling.

user posted image

The silver hatchling smiled at the Red Dragon before feeling a hard poke on her tummy. She turned around to the other hatchling. She opened her jaws to speak, then closed it in confusion. She didn't know many words. Instead, she turned to the nurse and gave a big smile. "Who are you?" she asked happily.

Aspen saw the blue butterfly flutter off as she saw Yellow-Tip run really fast in front of her. "Yeah! That was really uh...cool Yellow-Tip!" Aspen replied with a smile. She heard Kyle challenge Yellow-Tip to a race. "Meh, I'll just look at the scenery." After that playing around and walking everywhere, Aspen just felt like doing something less energetic.

--

"Me? I'm just a nurse." She replied to the Silver hatchling. "Now, let me take a moment to find your

names." The nurse said while looking through the scattered papers on the table. "Usually I'm pretty good at names, but there's the occasional thime where my mind comes to a blank." She explained.

((...Do I have to make a Character Sheet for the nurse? xd.png I seem to be using her like a regular character.))

user posted image

The beginnings of a smirk appeared on Yellow-tip's features as she crouched down so that her tail was swinging in the air. She narrowed her eyes playfully at the Shimmer Hatchling. "We came here to hunt, but if you want to see who's faster, i'd be happy to race you. But tough luck, i'll leave ya in the dust!" Her voice sounded a bit challenging with this sort of edge to it as she whirled around and wiggled her hindquarters to make sure she was in place. She glanced behind at Kyle. "Are ya ready?"

Aspen climbed up a nearby tree with ease, as though she'd had done it her whole life. She was more curious instead of afraid of the height she was at, and Aspen gazed down at the ground below her. Looking around, she could see Kyle and Yellow-Tip preparing for their race."Everything looks so small from up here!" Aspen exclaimed from above. I wonder who will win. ...I also wonder if they can hear me. She thought as Aspen explored the various branches and leaves. Now THIS was home to her.

user posted image

The newly born hatchling raised her head to look at the nurse. "What breed am I?" she asked, rolling onto her back as if she was playing.

user posted image

The silver hatchling poked at a speck of dust on her belly. "Yes? What is her breed and what is mine?" she spoke, her voice soft.

Edited by Tiga

The nurse looked at the hatchlings and gave them a gentle smile. "You're an Olive dragon, and you're a Silver dragon." She replied, pointing to each corresponding hatchling respectively.

user posted image

"Yeah, I'd like to see you try!" Kyle exclaimed. He raised his hindquarters and looked at Yellow-Tip. "Ready... Set... Go!" He exclaimed and took off.

user posted image

The olive dragon hatchling paused for a while, thinking. "I want to be called Olive!" she declared to the other hatchling and the nurse. She smiled proudly at her new name.

user posted image

The silver hatchling laughed, her voice soft and light. "You cant be called Olive! That's your dragon breed!" she claimed with a smile.

The nurse shuffled through the papers on the table while listening to the hatchling's conversation.I really need to use an organization system... She thought to herself. "Ah ha!" The nurse exclaimed, holding up a piece of paper. "Little Silver hatchling, your parents decided to name you Moon, after the bright orb in the nighttime sky. Although it appears we're missing our papers for Olive dragons, so... Olive it is." She said with a smile.

user posted image

Yellow-tip hurled herself after Kyle, her muscles pumping as she felt the wind rush past her. She nimbly dodged logs and low-hanging branches, she seemed to cover the ground on winged paws. 'This is the life!' She ran faster, her neck lowering down to her shoulders so that she could pick up speed, and she whisked away.

Kyle watched as Yellow-Tip caught up to him and even passed him. He growled playfully and ran even faster after her, determined not to lose. He caught up to her and smirked. He looked at Yellow-Tip and laughed. "I w-

"What do you hatchlings think you're doing?!"

Kyle squeaked in fear when a large black and orange dragon jumped out in front of them both. He slowed himself with his claws in front of Yellow-Tip and nearly crashed into the dragon. He looked up at the black dragon in fear. She very large, and had orange stripes that looked similar to lava. She gave of a lot of heat. 'An ember dragon...' He thought.

Aspen looked down from the treetops, carefully navigating from tree to tree, trying to keep up with them. "Phew, they're going at a REALLY fast rate." She said to herself, pausing to catch her breath. Aspen then continued on, making sure that they were in eyeshot. But as they got near the end, she saw it: A black dragon with streaks of orange. Seeing her friends come to a stop in front of the massive dragon, Aspen went down a few branches to see what was going on.

user posted image

The newly named hatchling twitched her ears in delight. "My name is Moon?" she squeaked happily. "Yes!" she cried, jumping to her feet. But she realized that her friend did not have a name that her parents called her so she quietened down and curled her tail around the olive dragon. "Hey, at least you can name yourself," she suggested.

user posted image

Olive bent her head down low when the nurse annouced that she had no name while the silver hatchling did. When Moon came over to her, she shrugged her tail off. But as she suggested, she was a bit happier that she could choose her own name. "So, what can we play?" she asked the nurse with bright eyes.

She looked at Olive, and thought about her question. "Well, you can go to the Hatchling Tent, where hatchlings go to play and sleep. I can take you there!" Galen *LEGASP. She has a name!* replied with a smile. "I'm sure you can do something in there!"

(YAY! She has a name!))

user posted image

Moon smiled happily and bounced over to the nurse. "Yes please!" she answered, eyes wide.

user posted image

Olive smiled too. "Yes! Yes!" she yowled happily, tumbling backwards.

Edited by Tiga

Galen looked at the two hatchlings, and smiled gently at their excitement. "Alright you two, stay close now. Don't want you wandering off, do we?" She said, opening the flap from the tent.

user posted image

Yellow-tip glared icily at Kyle as he passed her. She howled in outrage, "You havn't won yet-" She was quickly cut off as a large Ember Dragon lumbered into their path, staring at them and saying something, but Yellow-tip was too shocked to process what the adult had said. She quickly skidded to a stop, kicking up dirt and debris as she reared back and prepared to run out of the woods. But she fidgeted- she couldn't leave Kyle! She stared at the dragon, a strange heat radiating from it as lava and magma spewed all over her body, flakes of fire coming from it's scales. "We-we were just... racing.... ma'm" She quickly added, he body shaking as she willed all over her power to send a telepathic message to Kyle. "wE shouLD get out of HEre as FAst As we caN! And RepORT thIS to tHE othERS. But her message was chipped and heard to read; distorted by fear.

((Yay! She has a name! Woop! And my horrible attempt to make Yellow-tip's message messed up. .__.))

user posted image

Moon quickly scampered after Galen, her paws skidding to a halt once she was outside. "Woah," she breathed, her head turning in a circle.

user posted image

Olive came out after her friend, her small body quickly racing forward out of the tent. She smiled at the world. It was so big!

The ember dragon growled at them, with a scowl on her face. "Who would be so foolish as to leave young hatchlings alone out HERE?!" She roared loudly and picked them both up by the scruffs of their necks, carrying them back to the camp with a scowl on her face.

"T-too late..." Kyle said to Yellow-Tip.

user posted image

Yellow-tip yowled as she was grabbed by the scruff and dragged away. 'Fight to save yourself!' The words echoed in her mind like the rippling of water in a pond. She writhed and thrashed violently, twisting in the air as she unseathed her claws absent-mindedly and lashed out everywhere like a blind mole. She suddenly stiffened and stopped struggling when she realized that she was being taken back to camp. Relief and hot shame washed over her like clensing waters.