KrazyKay12

The Continent of War

"Huh? Wa?" Aspen yawned, waking up from her nap. Aspen looked around at where she was, and saw she was still on the tent.

"It's dangerous up there! You two come down!" A voice came from below. This quickly woke Aspen out of her trance.

"Oh! Sorry! W-We'll come down!" Aspen replied as she began climbing down.

Keima looked at Akalito. He wondered why she suddenly made a worried face. He shrugged it off. "I have to go, Akali!" Keima sadly said. "But we'll meet again tomorrow!" She smiled. For a second, he thought Akalito was blushing, but he exited the door thinking his mind was playing tricks.

user posted image

Kyle climbed down quickly after her, and almost fell. The other dragon walked over to them.

"Oh dear, you're nothing but newborns! Why are you out here alone? Tsk, come along with me, you'll need a proper tour of the camp."

The other dragon nudged Kyle and Aspen along with her snout, pushing them over to a stone dragon. 'Oh yeah, I forgot about him!' Kyle thought. He looked at Aspen as he followed the striped dragon.

Almost reading Kyle's mind ((No, she's not physic or anything. xd.png As cool as that would be though.)) she followed along with the stone dragon.

"Alright you two, I will be your tour guide for today. Stay close and no one will get lost. Any questions will be saved 'till the end." The Stone dragon explained. He had a deep, bellowing voice. He had lead the two of them to a white tent.

"This is the medical tent, where you will report any injures."

'It sure stands out, that's for sure.' She examined the tent more closely; so this was the tent the nurse was talking about.

user posted image

Kyle looked at the tent and tilted his head. 'The medical tent sure it big...' He thought. For some reason he felt like he would be heading here often.

The Stone dragon waited for the two hatchlings to admire the tent, and lead them down to the left into a plaza of sorts. Tents formed a circle around it, and a wooden platform stood in the very center.

"This is the camp center. If we need the entire camp to hear something, like an update on the Princesses' locations, then we'll gather here. It's not big...considering our camp is the base of the resistance, since only a clawful of dragons even want to come to us, but its here if we need it."

'Re...resistance?' Aspen thought in her head. 'What does that mean I wonder?'

user posted image

Kyle was intrigued when the dragon mentioned the Princesses. "Who all is searching for the princesses? Are they strong? Are they cool?" He asked with great wonder. He wanted to meet these dragons, and become one of them. He wanted to search for the princesses; he wanted to be the one to find them! The thought excited him, and he wagged his tail.

Akalito watched as Keima left her. Saddened, she looked around, trying to find something to distract her. She noticed a book on the table near her that was filled with dust and some scales. I may as well. She thought as she grabbed it, and rid it the dust and scales that have built up over the years.

"The Little Mermaid." She read out loud. Akalito had a bad feeling about this, but her curiosity won over her and she opened the hardcover to find it crumbled and dirty. An old book, huh? This isn't going to be good. She sighed. Akalito usually finds old books with tragic stories and no happy endings. She hoped that the book at least made something good happen.

She flipped over some of the pages to skip the contents. She read the first sentence out loud. Then the second and the third sentences before reading it mentally. She stopped reading for a moment to recollect on what was happening.

So there is this mermaid that fell in love with a prince, but she can't go on land to meet with him since she can't walk because she has a fish's tail... She looked around silently. ...That's strange. That mermaid kinda reminds me of myself... She wondered if it was a coincidence.

((I researched on the true tale of the mermaid))

Edited by Jass

The Stone Dragon looked at the Gold Shimmer and sighed. "We have scouts out on the field searching high and low for any other sign of the Princesses besides the little village outside our country border. Unfortunately, almost every single sighting was a hoax, and since that little village isn't accessible, we don't know if they're even there. ...The Princesses are our only hope in stopping this horrid, horrid war." He explained.

'W-War? What is 'war'? Aspen thought to herself. Then she saw it running through her head; pain, agony, suffering, betrayal. ...Death. "O-Oh..."Aspen managed to say before trailing off.

Kyle's face wrinkled in disgust when he heard that word. "War? For some reason, that word leaves a bad taste in my mouth.' He thought. From what the dragon said, it appeared to be impossible to find the princesses... But that was just what it seemed like. He was going to be the one to find these princesses, he knew it in his heart that it was true! Tomorrow, I set sail on my journey to find the princesses! He thought bravely and clenched his paw. Edited by KrazyKay12

"Come now, we must take a tour to the rest of the place." The Stone Dragon said as he ushered the two of them to a side path. The three of them walked along the path until they came to a forest. "This is the forest, a place where many flora and fauna live. ...It is also home to some of our...forest dwelling members." The Stone Dragon explained, looking towards Aspen.

Aspen looked at the forest and marveled at its beauty. This...this almost feels like home to me. The high trees and...and the cool shade! Well...it almost feels like home. Aspen thought to herself.

user posted image

Kyle was barely paying attention to the tour. He kept daydreaming about what his journey would be like. The perils, the adventure, the heroism, the excitement! His tail wagged wildly, and his eyes sparkled as a big huge grin form on his face.

Aspen looked over at Kyle to see the expression on his face. All she could do was look at him with confusion. 'Surely he's not THAT excited to see a forest as much as I am. He doesn't look that...toned to nature as I am. Aspen waved her foreleg in front of his face. "Hello? Aspen to Kyle, Aspen to Kyle here."

user posted image

Kyle blinked and shook his head as he snapped back to reality. He looked over at Aspen. "Uh... Sorry. I was daydreaming." He said.

Kyle smiled. He put his paws in front of him, and wiggled his back legs, preparing to pounce. He lunged and jumped on Aspen playfully, batting her head with his weak little paws. He laughed and said, "Come on! Let's play!"

"Hey no fair! I was unprepared!" Aspen replied. At first she didn't quite know how to get Kyle back, seeing her teeth weren't made for close "combat" like this, so Aspen simply tried to shake him off. ...Gently however, they were just playing around.

Kyle slipped off from the sudden shaking. He giggled and patted at her face with his paw. A couple other dragons smiled when they saw the newborns playing. Kyle nipped at Aspen's leg playfully, being careful not to use his teeth.

She quickly reacted to the nip on her foreleg, and playfully pinned Kyle on the ground. "Haha! I got ya!"

Kyle laughed and smiled. This was so much fun! "You got me!" He exclaimed. He used the end of his tail to tickle Aspen's belly. "Think again!" he exclaimed.

Aspen was laughing hysterically, (Hey! I spelled it right on the first try! xd.png) "Oh no! That's a ticklish spot!" She exclaimed.

Kyle laughed as he slithered out from under Aspen. He continued to tickle her and didn't stop. Eventually he got tired and stopped, though. He yawned and looked around. "Was that the end of the tour?"

The Stone dragon gave a Kyle a look that clearly stated: "No." "This happens every time we do a tour...sooner or later the hatchlings become bored and get tired. ...You'll learn more about the place once you spend more time here, it isn't a very big place anyways. Hatchling Quarters are straight ahead if you want some rest, we serve for all dragons of different biomes. And before I forget, any other questions?"

"No, not really." Aspen replied. She didn't really have any questions...at least, not at the moment. "What about you Kyle? Do you have any questions?"

user posted image

Peircing, scarlet eyes flickered open, illuminating the darkness. With a soft groan, the hatchling shifted in her egg. She twisted and squirmed, her limbs shooting forth to strike the walls that confined her. The cracks tiwisted into a fine web, light filtered in from the gaps and danced off of her blue and yellow skin. She drank in the sweet smell of dragons all around her as her breathing became more rapid. Her scarlet eyes flickered back and forth, studying the egg for any weak points. 'Ahh... finally, there.' She lashed out with a paw, to strike a rather large crack in the hole. More light seeped in, taking her by surprise as her red pupils widened, trying to adjust. For the young hatchling, this was all knew to her, she honestly didn't know what to do next.

Edited by XxDragonletxX