RiverstarOfSkyclan

Eternal Battles

Voltair ~Pyri

Voltair trudged through the mountainous peaks and through dirt paths quickly, eager to make good time on his hunting trip. The Four wolves that accompanied him were decent fights and they could take on anyone. The finally rested in Aquo territory and walked across its sandy beaches. Voltair waited until a seabird rested on the sand before he quickly jumped and killed the poor creature. "Yum," Voltair mumbled with the bird in his mouth, let's get some more prey!

((Sorry for taking so long! and for making it so short! Life's busy!!))

[[it's alright! I know how crazy life can be, especially since school started back up for me.]]

Makari~Pyri

The Pyri leader was very used to the desert, so though the scent of salt was actually quite faint, it was rather overwhelming to her. She turned around slowly, shaking her head every few moment, then started off at a trot then slowly sped up to a run and then a sprint as she kicked up sand behind her. Her pawsteps carefully placed, she soon was in hot pursuit of a jackrabbit. With one leap, she soared overhead, but also clear over the rodent. It began to skitter away, but not before she leapt again and landed square on its back with a snap.

((Well, I guess we can spice things up a bit. What are the rules for random wolves dying that are not characters?))

Voltiar ~Pyri

Voltair sunk his paws into the sandy beach and sighed. What a great day it was! He and his hunting pack had killed lots of prey and had eaten to their heart's content; their bellies were full of fresh prey. They had even found some twigs and lay more dead prey on them so they the meat would not rot. These they would bring back for the rest of Pyri. Of course, they had taken all of the easy prey in Aquo territory and Aquo might have some trouble finding prey for some time. Voltair shook his sleek black fur then barked at his subordinates. "Alright, we've gotten some good hunting. Now, why don't we see if the Aquo camp has any other items we need." Voltair stopped and let the realization swoop into the other wolves' minds. "We'll strike a bit before midnight, and we'll take out any opposition against us. Now, let's start walking. Blitz, hide the prey for later." With that, Voltair turned around and stretched his hind legs, anxious for the journey ahead.

Blitz ~Pyri

"Yes sir!" Blitz barked. Blitz was ecstatic about being able to rush into the enemy camp. If his calculations were correct, then this raid would rapidly enlarge Pyri's territory, and possibly even kill enemy Aquo warriors. The thought of fighting caused Blitz's mouth to Salivate. He was ready to hunt. He quickly hid the prey behind some rocks and twigs, then followed the rest of the party to the enemy camp. After a few hours of trudging, they spotted the camp. oltair barked a few commands, and they hid around the camp, almost being able to smell the Aquo wolves. As the moon rose above, Blitz knew that soon they would have a bloodrushing fight.

Makari~Pyri

Makari tore some of the fur off the jackrabbit, then began to eat. She ate and ate until there was nothing left but bones and fur. She dug a hole in the soft desert earth and buried them deep under the surface.

[[Gah writer's block!]]

Taolo~Aquo

With a smirk and a flick of his ear to the wolves above, he turned around and trotted along the coast. This area was often left unattended, and he thought it'd be nice to check it on his own every so often. At the edge of the sand where it met a thin forest and there was some sand visible through the trees, he sniffed the air. After a moment, he paused. He swore he smelled another wolf. He sniffed again. Not of his pack. Again. His scarred pelt began to prickle with fear and suspicion.

Voltair ~Pyri

Voltair stretched his jaw in anticipation. With the full moon almost above them, he decided it was now time to strike. "Alright warriors," he barked. "The wind is shifting so they might have already smelled us." he looked into the eyes of the other 4 wolves. "No matter, the better for us to strike fear in their hearts. We'll pounce on their camp and take whatever food and supplies they have. If any wolf gets in your way, you know what to do." In response, the other wolves eyes glowed venomously as the all wagged their tails and nodded. Voltair was glad he chose this bunch as his war party. They would not rest until blood glimmered in the twilight. Voltair lifted his nose and sniffed, a new small wafted past. Was that another wolf? No matter, Voltair thought, whoever it was would have to meet them at the campground. "Alright pack, for Pyri! May the fire and grant us strength and burn our enemies!" With a howl, he charged, leading the the wolves with him.

Blitz ~Pyri

Blitz howled in glee as he ran with Voltair. Up ahead lay the camp, and Blitz growled as he entered into the edge of the camp. He ran through, scouring the camp for any to oppose him and Voltair. His comrades followed suit, looking into a small hole for stored prey, but always sniffing for the enemy. They had been loud enough, and very soon wolves would come to challenge them. Blitz's fur shivered with anticipation.

((Let's get this party started))

Taolo~Aquo

Taolo's heart nearly stopped as he heard the howls and the smell of wolves turned to the smell of Pyri. If Makari's behind this..... he sped back towards his camp. He caught sight of another pelt in the moonlight and attempted to speed up, but his weak legs couldn't take him much faster. He could soon smell his wolves and their fear as they too smelled Pyri. As he approached their camp up on the rocks, he saw many skid back in fear and not get in the way. He knew his pack disliked getting into fights after what happened long ago, when Taolo was young. He let out a howl, and a few of the males in his pack attempted to fight back, but soon they too began to disperse and flee. A chill ran down his spine. A battle wasn't the best thing to have right now, seeing the waves still had yet to recede.

All three Alphas

The sandy wolf raised her head as she heard howls. Her mouth curled up into an almost evil smile. Not bad, boys not bad.... she praised the patrol in her head. She loved the thought of a fight. Her heart beginning to race, she pelted in the direction of the howling. She got excited as she entered the Aquo territory. She let out a mix of a shrill cry and a howl, her eyes gleaming. She whipped her head around, searching for any Aquo wolves to attack, when she was Taolo running for his camp.

"Not so fast, Scars." She sneered. Taolo quickly whirled around after shooting a nervous glance at his wolves.

"I knew you were behind this!" He growled, his lip curling into a snarl. "Why do you insist on fighting with us every time you get the chance?" He bared his teeth.

"Why, because it's so much fun!" Makari howled. She lowered her head. "My wolves love a good fight. Gives us a chance to raid camps for more supplies." She lifted her head again and licked an ear, posing like a diva. "And you wonder why we're so prosperous!" She laughed.

Taolo growled. Bunching his muscles, he went rigid. At the same moment, Makari realized something as well. "Erende..." They both muttered.

"She'll find out about this and have wolves lining up in camp again." Taolo grunted. "Geez, we're idiots."

"For once I agree with you." Makari mumbled. "But I'm not sorry, and none of my wolves are apologizing any time soon." She added slyly. She howled loudly, a signal for her wolves to return to the desert.

Meanwhile, Erende, running in a field by the coast, heard the howls and smelled the mixed scent of wolves. She grunted irately and made her way for the beach, sniffing the air for the scent of the other two Alphas.

When she arrived, she noticed that they both had their heads down. "Erende..." She heard them say. She had to choke back a howling laugh. They remembered that she'd get involved if a fight got started. Idiots indeed! she thought with a chuckle. With that, she padded back for her camp, picking u to a run as she reached the field again.

Voltair ~Pyri

Voltair picked up another piece of prey, growling at a few retreating wolves. His fellow warriors had scoured the camp and dragged out stores of food. With loud howls of laughter, Voltair jumped over some ground to find another food area. Suddenly, Voltair heard a familiar howl off in the distance. "Dam Makari, you never let me have my fun." Voltiar cursed under his breath. Why was Makari cutting his journey short. Pyri could easily overtake Aquo. Bitterly, he called to his fellow warriors and gripping Aquo's prey in their jaws, began padding off toward the desert. "You two wolves," he gestured to the mangy grey pelted warriors with him. "Go to our pervious hiding place and bring back our prey to camp.

"Yes sir," they barked in reply. The wolves padded off toward the beachhead while Voltiar, Blitz, and Shadow headed off to the desert.

Makari~Pyri

"I should go- I have a feeling whoever started this won't be happy that I ended it so soon." Makari said flatly. Taolo nodded and headed for his wolves, barking at them to go back to the camp. Makari, on the other hand, narrowed her eyes to find her wolves. "Voltair." She barked, catching his scent and following it. "Sorry I had to cut that short. I had a hunch that Erende would get into it again." She said as she caught up to him. "I'd have let you keep going if I hadn't thought of it. But none of us want Lande wolves making it worse."

Voltair ~Pyri

Voltair nodded. "I would think those Lande's would try their meddling again." He looked at his fellow warriors, still adrenaline rushed from their encounter. "My warriors barely got to fight. We did get some good prey though, but it won't last us too long. Lande always has the best hunting ground." Voltair looked toward the Lande territory, at the fresh leaves and forest, then at the thin sandy shore of Aquo and the dry dirt of Pyri. The last great war had left Lande on top with all of the best area, with Pyri and Aquo getting the leftover land.

"Makari," Barked Voltiar, "What do you say we go send a peace offering to Aquo, then take back Lande's territory once and for all?"

Makari~Pyri

Makari nodded curtly. "Yup, that's why I stopped you short. Taolo and I had a feeling she'd get in the way, the nosy flea-bag." She let out a sigh as she thought about the fact that Lade had the most land and the most abundant places to hunt. "They're definitely better off than us." She agreed quietly.

She perked up at what came next. "It's.... tempting." She said, her voice raising again. "But then again, what would we do with all the Lande wolves? Just kill them?" She lifted her head to look up at her territory. "I'll- I'll think about it."

Shaya ~Pyri

Shaya lifted her head as she looked around her at the rest of the pack. Knowing that thanks to the hunting party that the others wouldn't starve now that their bellies would be full. Standing up she then heard the two speaking before moving to the side. Seeing how dry and depleted their home was and knowing that things would have to change or else they would starve to death. Moving her head over to the very young pups and seeing just how thin they were she moved to the pile and picked up a small bit of prey and set it down so that the little ones could eat.

Voltair ~Pyri

Voltair snorted at the hesitant response of the Pyri leader and shook his head. He would wait, be not for long. Voltair refused to hide in the shadows. With another glance back at Makari, Voltair motioned for his wolves to follow him and after a long trek made it back towards camp. The other two wolves had already returned and had stored most of the food. Not before giving some out to the hungry pups and other pack members of course. Voltair smiled. At least their raid wasn't for nothing.

Shaya~Pyri

Shaya looked over to the side as she saw Voltair. Nodding her head to him she then smiled as she saw the pups that were now sleeping since they had a full stomach. Having already eaten her own share she then turned to him she then spoke, " Were there any troubles in getting the food?" With that she then turned her head back to look to some of the others making sure they had eaten.

Makari-~Pyri

Makari's tail twitched as the he-wolf left with his patrol. "If you do it again, I won't stop you, just please keep it down." She called as he left. She let out a sigh as she made her way back to camp. She smiled to herself to see the little ones eating, many of them with grateful smiles. It made her happy to see little pups happy, no matter how harsh she could be to other packs. She nodded siletly to Voltair before continuing her walk across the desert scrub.