RiverstarOfSkyclan

Eternal Battles

Woo! EB got accepted, so now we can RP!

You may RP here as soon as I accept your apps!

A recap of what we're RPing so far-

The RP begins on the island. A storm has just passed over, and a few places are washed out, mainly Aquo territory. Pyri wolves are a bit distraught seeing they don't get much rain, the Aquo wolves are trying to fix all that was ruined, and Lande is just glad that the meadows and forests got some water. After the storm passed over, a mysterious Skywing dragon has been spotted flying over the island. Pyri doesn't care, Aquo is intrigued, and Lande thinks it may be a sign of something, but they don't know what.

Your job is to continue this plot. More will be added as the RP goes on and more things happen.

Edited by RiverstarOfSkyclan

Makari~Pyri

The sounds of the pale, sandy-looking wolf's pawsteps were muffled by her heavy breathing. She looked up at the sky. She wasn't interested at all in that dragon that flew by, but was curious to see if it would return again. She was more worried about her land. She picked up her pace to a trot and tried to slow her breathing as she studied the damage the storm had done. Not much, but a very noticeable amount to her. She flicked an ear in irritation and kept on moving. She had other things to worry about besides a little rain. No you don't, you idiot, the storm's driving you nuts! she scolded herself. She gazed in the direction of their man camp at the center of the desert. She swore she could see something washed out. Nervously, she sped towards it, but skidded to a halt before she thought about it. She would let her Subordinates fix that. Or the Scouts. She didn't quite feel like working on anything at the moment.

Taolo~Aquo

The scar-covered he-wolf assessed the damage done to the dens in his pack. Not much to the sturdier ones such as the Subordinates' den or the nursery which were under trees. But the Scouts' den was washed out, and so was the Elders'. He took a deep breath. It would be fine. Storms like that didn't come all too often. Mostly all they got was drizzle sometimes. Lande got the main rain deposit on the island. He stared out at the looming sea before him and slowly padded over. Breathing in the salty air, he gently placed his paws in the water and let out a relaxed sigh. The ocean always seemed to make him feel calmer. The crash of the waves before him and their foamy white bubbles repeated in a constant crash, hiss, crash, hiss. It sounded nice to him.

Erende~Lande

Erende smiled. The island got some rain for the first time in a while. It made her feel like everything was a bit happier. Her pack certainly was. Nothing, thankfully, had been washed out, thanks to the fact that they got rain often and built sturdier dens. Their wits often helped them out of sticky spots like that, and she was proud of it. A light breeze made the leaves above her rustle and some flew off and floated away. Her pale brown fur swayed with the wind and flowed out majestically. She let out a happy sigh. This was the way it was supposed to be. The wind in her fur, she whipped around and tore through the woods and out into a meadow. The joy of speed overwhelming her, she grinned and let the glee overtake her. Everything felt nice.

Iria~Aquo

Iria braced her shoulders, tensing her lean muscles as she half-nudged, half-pushed the panting, struggling elder as he scrabbled vainly for purchase against the flat boulder, worn smooth by the crashing ocean. "Look, there's a paw-hold right over there," she encouraged through gritted teeth, pointing with her muzzle to a dip in the solid rock. The Lieutenant urged the elder forward, breathing a gasp of relief as the old wolf regained his balance and limped away, but not before twitching his ears at Iria in a sign of thanks. She flicked her tail in return, turning to lope away from the relentless, foaming waves. "That's the last of the elders and scouts," she murmured under her breath, catching glimpses of her pack mates huddled together in separate dens. She relished the feeling of soft, warm sand under her paws, thankful that she wasn't stepping on jagged, rough stones anymore. The tawny-furred she-wolf picked up her pace until she was trotting over to the leader of Aquo, Taolo, dipping her head curtly in a polite greeting. "All of the elders and scouts have made it to higher ground. We were lucky this time," she added solemnly, her brilliant emerald gaze scanning the wolves, who were talking amongst themselves with hushed voices.

Taolo~Aquo

With a wave of his tail in acknowledgement as the Lieutenant arrived by him, the scarred he-wolf looked out at the crashing waves, then at the she-wolf beside him. He nodded curtly as she brought him the news that all of his pack was safe. "Good." He said flatly, looking up behind him, where all the wolves were safely away from the crashing waves that kept coming closer and closer to them. "The tide is still coming in. I'm not sure when it will stop." He sighed and gazed out across the vast, dark sea framed by an overcast sky. "Storms are so unpredictable, it may keep coming in for days." He took another glance back at his wolves, then looked over at Iria. His bright blue eyes shone with pride at his young Lieutenant. no one could have done the job better than her. "Nice work. It's thanks to you they're safe, with you helping them up there." His scruffy paws pricked at the feel of the wet sand under his pads. "Now, let's get up there before it gets any worse." He flicked his tail, then turned around and began to heave himself across the shoreline to the rest of his pack.

Voltair~Pyri

Voltair paced around the arid ground, pawing at the ground in pensive thought. What was that strange creature? It was so large, and foreign to him. It made him nervous that something was out of his power to control. Most every important issue had Voltair's nose in it, except this. But, he concluded. If most of those in Pyri did not care about this strange appearance, then it wouldn't hurt his position one bit to focus on other things. He sniffed the air again, then walked back toward the others. He would have to hunt again soon.

(Quick Question, can I join and How would I join? Also is there a list of characters to choose from or is it make your own?)

((@Inmento: Everything is in the OOC Thread ^^))

Iria~Aquo

Iria nodded subtly and gratefully at Taolo's praise, but inside, the young Lieutenant was bursting with pleasure and pride. "Thank you," she murmured, just managing to keep the slight stammer out of her voice. She leapt to her paws and turned in the direction of her other pack members quickly before the pack Leader could see the warm, rosy blush that was rising to her cheeks. The tawny-furred she-wolf trotted at Taolo's heels, blinking through narrowed eyes as the heavy gales of wind whipped around her body, pressing her pelt firmly to her flanks. "What are you going to say to them?" she asked Taolo softly, flicking her ears at the other wolves as they drew closer to them. "They must be in quite a shock, from such a powerful storm." Iria raised her muzzle and peered at the sky above, which was heavy with gray clouds that cast somber shadows on the ground below.

[[Answers to those Qs- You may join. There's an OOC thread up. You may make your own characters.]]

Makari~Pyri

The leader of Pyri flicked her tail in acknowledgement as her Lieutenant began to head towards her. She shook out her fur then noticed that the black wolf seemed to be thinking about something. "Afternoon, Voltair." She greeted with a smirk. "Whatcha thinking about?" Her tone of voice almost sounded mocking at the beginning, but faded into total curiosity at her packmember's thoughts. "Thinking 'bout that dragon up there?" She asked, looking up at the gliding beast. Just looking at the thing gave her chills.

Taolo~Aquo

"I'll just tell them that we'll be back down on shore after this weather clears up and the tide receeds for good." Taolo replied flatly. "That there's nothing to worry about. He lifted his head, quickly glancing at the dull gray-covered sky before taking a breath and darting around the group of wolves to a ledge above his pack. Many of them set eyes on him before he even began- they knew he was going to say something. "I just want to say that you all have nothing to worry about." He began, his voice rising so that everyone could hear. "We'll be back to normal once the tide goes back out. "I'm proud of all of you for doing as Iria and I instructed and getting up here, even if one of us did have to assist. Teamwork- that's what matters right now." His almost raspy voice lowered as he came to the end of his words. Subordinates and Pups gave weak howls in approval that amused him. A smile crept onto his face.

Takari

Takari had seen the dragon that flew over. She mulled over it for a bit while gathering herbs. The storm had washed away a bit of her stores, and the elders probably would like some since they had their den washed out and were probably cold and tired. She bit off a few stalks of seaweed for bandages and trotted back. Taolo had said something, and it seemed that she had just missed it. "I gathered some herbs that had been washed away, does anyone need any?" She asked Taolo.

Voltair ~Pyri

Voltair flicked his tail and paused for a moment before answering. "Well, that storm wasn't so bad, our camp isn't damaged." Voltair absentmindedly pawed at the ground again. "But.... that strange flying creature. It looked... dangerous." Voltair then shook his fur then made a small smirk. "It's nothing that I can't handle of course," he pointed his nose toward the center of camp. "But I don't know what to tell the others if they ask. Will you say anything?" Voltair thought that for news of this size, the leader should talk to the whole camp first.

Taolo~Aquo

Taolo hopped off the ledge, slightly stumbling as he landed. The small crowd of wolves parted as she shook out his pelt and turned towards Takari. He narrowed his eyes in thought. "I'm not sure, everyone I saw seemed to be okay. But there may be some wolves with cuts from the climb up these rocks; you'll have to ask them how they're doing." He replied in his raspy voice. He lightly coughed. "But you may want to just ask everyone. The cold's been doing damage, and some wolves may be sick."

Makari~Pyri

Makari nodded slowly as the wolf spoke, intent on knowing what he had his mind on. After he finished, she dismissively flicked an ear, as if waving away the thought. "Most likely, I'll just tell them that there's nothing to get worked up about yet, and if anything does happen, I'll be sure they all know." She replied flatly. "The dragon's done no harm to us as of yet." Her amber eyes flickered with amusement. She wasn't so sure what her Lieutenant had to worry about.

((OOC: Wow, I just noticed this: Makari and Takari o3o))

Iria~Aquo

Iria remained silent as Taolo reassured the pack with soft yet firm words, dipping her head in a polite greeting to Takari as she joined them. After Taolo had finished speaking to the pack healer, the tawny-furred she-wolf shouldered her way through the mass of wolves and stopped in front of Takari. "I have a few nasty scrapes on my paw pads from the rocks," she began, holding up one forepaw to reveal many small cuts that slowly oozed sticky crimson blood. "It doesn't hurt too much, and it's not very urgent. If there's any elders that need your herbs more than me, then I'll be fine." She sat back onto her haunches, licking her pads with steady rasps of her tongue. Before Takari could respond, Iria leaned over to murmur into Taolo's ear. "After I get fixed up, I could gather some wolves into a hunting party. Some of the nursing mothers and elders look hungry." She flicked her ears at one she-wolf who's ribs were clearly visible her pelt, with her young pup whimpering piteously for the milk that would not come.

[[LOL YEAH. Good thing they're in different packs! xd.png]]

Taolo~Aquo

Talo nodded gratefully to his Lieutenant. "That'd be helpful, thank you." He said with a flick of his tail. "I think all of us deserve a bit to eat after this." He winced slightly as he stretched out a shoulder, which was stiff from all the time on his paws. Wow, I must be getting old. He thought to himself. He smiled as he stood up and turned towards the other wolves of his pack. Many of the pups and Subordinates who were just howling their hearts out looked worn-down and weary. A pang of sympathy hit him as he hated seeing so many wolves look like this. He slowly padded up to an older pup, a cream femme with sparkling silver eyes. Her gaze met his, and her eyes flickered with pain. He looked down and saw a nasty cut on one of her paws, and blotches of blood dappling the rock below her. He turned back to his Healer. "You've got a few others to help out once you're done." He called. Turning back to the pup, he tried to give her a strong smile. "It's okay. Takari will get to you as soon as she can." The she-wolf nodded quickly, and it made the leader smile.

((I swear I didn't do that on purpose! xd.png))

Takari

Takari nodded at Iria and went to get her fresh herbs. When she returned, she noticed Taolo looking at a pup. It seemed to be injured, so she walked over to it. She checked the pup for injuries, and found a cut. She got some seaweed with water to wash off the blood then applied some herbs. She wrapped the seaweed around the pup's paw and gave her a smile. "Is it better now?" She asked, and after hearing her response, she shouted out "Does anyone need herbs?"

[[Lol it's alright xd.png]]

Taolo~Aquo

Taolo flicked his tail and stood up again as a few wolves barked in reply to Takari. He gazed out at the sea, which was still coming in. With a sigh, he padded to the edge of the rock and let the breeze ruffle his fur. The overcast sky occasionally lit up with cloud to cloud lightning, spooking the pups behind him. He felt something hit his head and he realized it was starting to rain again. "Great. More rain." He grunted.

Takari

Takari went over to the wolves that had responded, and was about to start on one when she felt a raindrop. 'Just what we need. More rain to wash the herbs off and make the wolves cold and sick.' She thought, frowning. She walked to her herb store and brought some outside, working on a wolf at a time. By the time she finished, she was soaked. She didn't mind the wetness herself, or the cold, but she was afraid the storm would affect the other injured or sick wolves.

Taolo~Aquo

After a few minutes of watching Takari diligently work, putting herbs on the wolves and wrapping their wounds in seaweed, he looked to the rest of his wolves and saw many of the soaked. Little ones huddled in groups, and others tried to find cover. A pang of pain struck him as the cold rain sunk into his fur and a shiver ran down his spine. He wanted to go up and reassure them again, but he wouldn't even believe himself if he did. The rain began to slow, and occasionally it stopped. He looked to the sky and saw the sun fighting to emerge, but with no luck.

~Voltair

Voltair left the camp, eager to ease his mind with hunting. He slinked past the arid ground into the bushy area.. Slinking past some low plants, voltair sniffed the air to find prey. Soon e

Enough, the dry air revealed a lone fox like animal which had most likely wandered. From the forest. Voltaire springed himself I to the air and in a deadly swipe and bite, killed the fox. He clamped the fox in his mouth and headed into camp. The pack would eat tonight

Iria~Aquo

With a grateful dip of her head, the tawny-furred she-wolf thanked Takari and tested her paws on the ground, already feeling the herbs soothing her torn pads. "Thank you," she murmured softly before twitching her tail at Taolo in acknowledgment and padding away to join the rest of the pack. Once there, she carefully picked out the healthiest, strongest hunters to join her and loped away to the edge of the Aquo territory where fish would surely be more abundant under the safety of the ocean waves. Raising her muzzle, Iria opened her jaws slightly and drank in the scent of the air, catching whiffs of shellfish and underwater creatures on the coastline breeze. "There," she barked at her meager party of wolves, flicking her ears at a cluster of boulders near the ocean edge. "Half of you go look for some shellfish in the crags, and the rest of us will dive for fish. I'll take part in the fishing." After she had split her packmates into two formidable hunting groups, the Lietenant bounded over to the ocean's edge and leapt into the crashing waves without hesitation, the protective film over her eyes preventing the sharp salty spray from damaging her vision. She plunged deeper, her paws paddling rhythmically as she scanned the restless, murky water for any signs of fish. Almost immediately, Iria caught sight of a silvery shoal of fish and dove behind a rock embedded in the sand, patiently waiting for the fish to dart closer. Finally, she lunged forward and snapped at the fish with deadly accuracy while the rest of her group flanked her, grasping several struggling fish in their strong jaws. After every wolf had caught their fill, they resurfaced and rejoined the other hunters, who had managed to find a good supply of shellfish. Good, she thought, pleased with their plentiful catch. Everyone will have something to eat. They loped back to the pack with their jaws laden with their kill, brimming with pride as their packmates glanced up with eagerness shining in their eyes.

Makari~Pyri

With a flick of her ear, she turned again to see Voltair padding along with a fox. Her mouth watered at the thought of something to eat after this storm. She smirked and darted around a dead tree that curled over her head and hurried to the pack's camp. A few Elders and Subordinates were out talking, and they dipped their heads to her. She curtly nodded to them and kept moving.

Taolo~Aquo

The dark-furred wolf couldn't resist a smile as Iria's hunting group returned with plenty of prey. He could almost feel his pack glowing with happiness at the sight of food. He knew they'd be more than grateful for a meal tonight. He smiled to Iria and nodded in her direction before he caught sight of something on the ground. His eyes darted towards it and he saw a lone crab scuttling along the shore. He turned back and saw a few pups gazing at him, and with a smile he darted down the rocks and snapped it in his jaws, crushing its shell. With the thing still in his jaws, he hurried to follow the last wolves of Iria's hunting group back up the rocks.

Voltair ~Pyri

Voltair dropped the fox in the main camp and tried moving his slightly sore jaws. With a bit of rickety movement, he managed to move the jaw. Voltair then walked up to the Pyri leader and let out a gruff greeting. "So," he said, speaking in a low tone, "That fox was very hard to find, and it was only from the grassy territory. We never had that many prey, but this is too little. We must hunt in the center of the island." Voltair stopped and snickered a little. "Of course... I will lead a hunting party myself if you feel your needs are better suited elsewhere." If anything, Voltair was pleased. He would be able to finally extend the poor Pyri territory and grow their much needed clan.

((I say we stick these tribes together to make sure this RP stays alive. I can also make another account.))

[[Haha, we should do that. We'll see if any Pyri wolves hunting get caught by Erende >:]]]

Makari~Pyri

With an ear flick of greeting to the wolf, Pyri nodded, almost uninterested. Until Voltair spoke of hunting in the grassy areas around the desert. A mischievous grin crept onto her face. It wasn't bad. "Good idea...." She mumbled. "Lande doesn't do constant patrols... as long as you don't run in to Erende herself you should be fine....." She was actually considering this. She let out a huff. "Do it. Before I change my mind." She then swished her tail and darted away, sand billowing up behind her until the dust settled and she had disappeared into the desert.

~Voltair - Pryi

"Alright, I'll lead a fighter group to get some prey in enemy territory." Voltair nodded and decided to assemble a few loyal Pyri wolves to join him in hunting in enemy grounds. If he was jumped by a patrol group, he needed to be prepared. Voltair walked around the camp and howled into the air. "Blitz! NightShade!" Voltair barked out their names, impatiently awaiting their response. Slowly, the two forms approached him. One was Blitz, the slightly small yet fearsome little wolf that had rippling hind legs and a nasty bite. The other was a dark brown coated he-wolf named Nightshade. He was a bit more elusive, as during the day his coat would blend with the tan rocks, or the dirt and wood of the forests, while at night his dark brown form blended into the darkness. Nightshade was a slinking, cunning creature, and Voltair knew he could not control him as he did Blitz. He was a creature of his own.

"Alright," Voltair barked to the two wolves, "We set off to enemy territory to get some much needed prey for our clan. If we meet any enemy wolves, we must NOT back down." Voltair snarled out the last phrase, to make sure the two subordinates knew that blood might be shed. "We'll need a rather large party this time, so let me find another wolf to join us. Voltair looked around, and saw two plain grey coated wolves pacing around the camp, clearly intrigued by his mini speech. "You too? Come on! There's a hunt to start." Without another word, Voltair turned around and the two grey wolves followed, as did Blitz. Nightshade hesitated a moment, then followed as well. Suddenly Voltair barked out for the clan leader to hear. "Makari, I have my army now. We shall be off to the spoils of the enemy." Holding his head up high, Voltair marched out in a glorious pride, signaling for the other wolves to follow him out of the camp.

~Blitz -Pyri

Blitz marched out, following Voltair. ALready, blood was rushing through his legs and mouth. He could scarcely stop himself form jumping around and howling. Blitz had fervently asked to be able to hunt in enemy grounds. Well, 'asked' was a very polite way of putting his heated arguments, but all of that was the past now. Now, he would march with his companions to take what should have always been theirs.

Makari~Pyri

The sandy wolf smirked as she heard Voltair's calls for a patrol, but didn't slow down at all. She was headed for the far back of her land- where the desert met a slim forest and then the shoreline. She knew Taolo would probably never send a patrol out that far, seeing their camp when the storm hit was at almost the other side of the island, and she assumed that pack of mange-pelts wasn't going anywhere. She slowed as she reached the forest, tall oaks, maples, and pines looming over her head. If she squinted hard enough, she could see the sandy beach on the other side. The smell of salt water stung her nose.

Edited by RiverstarOfSkyclan