KoalaNoob

A New Beginning

May we see each other again,Jakie. Her last mind words were. Edited by Jass

As she was led away by Vana,she paused for a moment and smiled like there was no problem at all. Then,she continued on to follow Vana and a few other hatchlings. She eventually disappeared somewhere with the adult dragon and the other winged hatchlings.

user posted image

Kgosi lifted his head from the water and looked to the adults. She called for something called "hatchlings". He took note that the other animals that looked like him went as called. So, in turn, that must mean he was a hatchling. Kgosi obeyed as ordered and walked over to the other dragons and stood with his chest out, trying to look as impressive and strong and intimidating as possible. He focus his gaze on the adults and waited patiently.

Mata reluctantly followed the black dragon and the other winged hatchlings. Oh boy... She was sure that the mean dragon would punish them or something. It wouldn't be surprising in the slightest. But the hellfire was ready and she went with her eyes glinting fiercely and her body ready to attack with all the meager power she possessed.

Tenri thought that a chat would be nice to the hatchlings around her. "Hello! I'm Tenri!" She smiled as she introduced herself to all the hatchlings.

"what's your name?" She asked all of the hatchlings.

(LoKF: S1 flamingos don't have wings...)

Mata looked at Tenri as she spoke. The dragon seemed nice, though one couldn't rush to conclusions too quickly. It would be good if she made an educated decision before trusting any more of the dragons. If she was eaten, she'd at least have liked to have fought back and anticipated it somewhat. "I'm Matalu."

"mine's Tenri!" She said. Tenri smiled. "What do you think we'll do for the test?" She asked her.

"I think since the adults are gathering the hatchlings with wings first, we'll do a flying test!" She said to Matalu.

((Recap? This is going too fast. I'd like to request that you try to make longer posts, and slow down a bit.))

Vana grabbed the first winged hatchilng she saw, which was Sora. "Sora. We will now initiate you test. Vana brought her to an open field. "Now run. I'll be timing you. Run all the way to the end and back.

((not much going around, Tenri's saying goodbye to Jakie before leaving))

Tenri watched as the hatchling ran. Its a running test? She thought to herself. She didn't expect her test to be like this. She felt a bit anxious, considering that she wasn't used to running. Pull yourself together! She thought to herself. She shouldn't worry. It would be a waste of time if she did. "Worry will only cause negative emotions to feel." She told herself.

She relaxed herself,and stretched to prepare. Her eyes focused on the hatchling who ran. She could see how it ran clearly.

Sora winced and resisted the urge to yelp out loud, trying to not think about Vana's long, sharp claws digging into her shoulder. Wait, what? I don't have wings! And how do you know my name? She kept her plaintive wails silent, biting her lower lip nervously. She let out a small, inaudible whimper, her eyes scanning the huge open field in dismay. Without even thinking, she hurtled herself across the ground, surprised in the way she relished the feeling of her muscles bunching and stretching smoothly, carrying herself swiftly across the flat stretch of land. Woah! This is actually easier than I thought! The wispy pink clouds that swirled around her body seemed to be encouraging her, pushing her on. By the time she reached the end of the field, Sora's chest was beginning to feel a little tight, but she swallowed the pain and kept sprinting, eating up the distance in flying bounds. Far ahead, she could see the tiny figures of Vana and the other hatchlings watching her, and she felt a tiny glimmer of pride. In seconds, the young Daydream hatchling stumbled to a halt next to Vana, panting heavily with her flanks heaving. "I...guess...that...was okay," she stammered, gasping for breath. "Will...there be...more?"

She ran so fast! She thought to herself. She was impressed. She noticed that the hatchling didn't have wings though. Still impressive though! She smiled happily. Of course, she wasn't going to tell. She simply just smiled. I'm going to be so clumsy when I run! She thought. But to her,it didn't really matter.

Who's next? she looked at Vana.

"Yes," Vana said emotionlesly. THe smirk on her face grew as she spoke her next words. "Run across the field again." Vana couldn't wait to carry out the rest of the test.

Matalu was happy for Sora as she sped along. It was good that she was a fast runner. The hellfire knew, though, that she would never be as fast. She only had two legs and she had to carefully keep her center of balance, lest she fall on her face. It seemed like she had to be really careful to keep from falling over. But running wasn't what she wanted to do anyways! The wyvern wanted to fly. To breathe her blue flames that would scorch anything in her path. To fight, the razor-sharp, glistening teeth chomping and dangerous. She wanted to be dangerous! And she wanted to show that Vana character what she was really made of!

"don't worry! Just try and enjoy them!" She encouraged the hatchling. "Run like your playing tag!" Tenri excitingly said to her. Everyone needs an encouraging, no matter what. She thought. She wanted to encourage everyone.

Sora's mouth dropped open, and she wrinkled her nose horror. "Again? The whole thing? Again? I have to run it again?" The words tumbled out of her mouth carelessly, rising in pitch until it became a shrill cry. She decided to clamp her jaws shut, determined not to show any of her weaknesses to this cruel dragon. Her lips peeled back in the beginnings of a snarl, and her claws sank into the short grass bitterly. "Fine." Sora whisked around and galloped across the field once again, her muscles no longer stretching luxuriously but straining and screaming for a break. She felt like her lungs would burst, and her chest tightened dangerously. When she reached the end of the field, she was completely out of breath.

I can't do this anymore, she thought despairingly as she turned around and loped back the way she came. Her clouds wrapped around her encouragingly, and suddenly the young Daydream hatchling got an idea. It was slightly foolish, but she hoped it would be worth it in the end. Willing her clouds to form together and grow bigger, she hauled herself on top of it and floated the rest of the way, trying to crush down her sense of dread as she locked eyes with Vana. No. I'm not going to be scared by this selfish demon.

Vana cackled when she saw the the young Daydream's trick. When she returned, she announced her punishment. After all, in her eyes, Sora had cheated. So she would have to do it again, without cheating. This was the most fun Vana had had in a long time. "Because you cheated by floating your way back, sweetie[/i] you will receive punishment. And that would be running the length again, except you must run on the way back as well!" Vana's voice ended in an insane laugh.

"uh...!"Tenri stopped cheering her for a moment. The dragon was now floating on her cloud. I guess it was too hard for her... She clumsily fell,surprised. I guess everything and everyone has a limit... She thought. She hesitated,wondering if she should cheer her on for being on a cloud. I guess this field would be hard,especially for a clumsy runner like me. She watched as the floating dragon reached her destination.

Sora bristled, biting back a sharp retort. She met the eyes of the other hatchlings and adults, silently pleading for help. Surely Sanpello isn't like Vana! she thought, her gaze connections with the White Striped adult. She dragged her eyes away from the others and glared at Vana venomously. Clearly, the Black dragon was having the time of her life. I'm not going to run that again, no matter what Vana does! She lifted her chin defiantly, her eyes glittering with cold defiance.

(Short post D:)

Edited by SpiritWolfe