KoalaNoob

A New Beginning

Jackie had flinched back, wary of the Hellfire's anger. Now she saw the little Daydream talking to her happily. She shook her head, thankful that she had some sense. She figured she would outlive all these soft, friendly hatchlings.

Astra completely agreed with the black hatchling next to her. She's the first person to agree with me.... And probably the last... "I know what you mean," Astra replied tentatively. Though her speaking was a little nervous it still had a slightly cold edge to it. She'd really rather not criticize the others like this, but she had been spoken to. "They've completely abandoned all their caution. Like this, they won't survive long. But I'm sure they all have other skills to protect them, so we shouldn't be worried. Besides, we're not responsible for them." It appeared that the black wasn't paying full attention to their conversation, because he had flinched while looking in another direction. Oh well. This happened before, so I guess it would happen again...

Edited by KoalaNoob

Jackie nodded. At last, someone with a brain in their skull! She swallowed nervously as the hollow in her chest deepened. "Where are our parents," she whimpered. "Why aren't they here? Have they abandoned us? Did we do something wrong? Why would they leave us here?!" She wailed. Then she shook her head, as if to clear her thoughts.

Mata shook her head. "If we don't ask them, we'll never know where our parents have gone. Or why they're not with us." And then she turned her attention to the daydream. Her...name...? Well. She didn't quite know, actually. "I... Don't know." She searched through her memory, but found nothing. Nothing but sounds that she couldn't interpret from when she still fit inside her egg. Closing her eyes to think harder, she could only really hear three sounds. "Ma...ta...lu..." That would be her name, she decided. "Matalu," she repeated with more confidence. "I made it up just now!"

(Consequently, "matar" (sounds like "mata" most of the time) means "kill" in Spanish and Portuguese. xd.png)

Edited by Mousia

((I have changed this thread's title to "A New Start, Silver's suggestion.))

Astra tilted her head. This seemed like a good person to be friends with. She was pretty nice, fairly smart, and they could relate to each other pretty easily, because they shared the same thoughts on caution. Her feelings shifted a bit when the black mentioned needing parents, but when she was honest with herself, she kind of missed her parents too, even though she had never known them. "I don't know where they are. Why should we care? We can take care of ourselves, and it's better to be independent anyway, so you don't become reliant on anything. They're obviously not here, and nobody else's parents are here either. Look at all the eggs. Three adults who don't really seem to care. They aren't our parents. Something happened, and our parents aren't here. We have to deal with it."

Those weren't really Astra's true feelings, but she didn't feel comfortable enough with this new hatchling to share her feelings yet. She also wanted to show she was tough, so this was the answer she gave.

((Such a nice name for an innocent hatchling xd.png))

Cherry

Cherry had observed the discussion enough. "Lets go ask the adults, and hope they respond. Afterwards, if its not too dangerous, maybe we could all go outside?

((I like A New Start! But would 'A New Beginning' be better? :3)

"Matalu?" Sora echoed, her gaze straying to the other hatchlings. "That's a nice name. Hey, why is that Black hatchling looking at us like that?" she added softly, nodding her head in Jackie's direction. She stiffened, suddenly feeling slightly uncomfortable. What if she doesn't like us? What will happen then? What do I say? She had so many questions, yet none of them could be answered. Where are our parents? Who are those adult dragons? What is this place? What are we meant to do? She sighed and lay down, burying her muzzle in her paws. "Everything is so confusing..." she murmured through half-closed eyes. "Why can't we just go back to our eggs and have some peace and quiet?"

(Well, "mata" itself means bush/wilderness, so that's a little bit better. I was just remarking on how it was ironic for the situation.)

Mata let out a sigh as Sora seemed to get flustered, though a small puff of smoke came out. Ugh. What a drag. Just hatched and already dealing with cliques (as in groups of people) and controversy. But that didn't really matter to her in the long run. As Cherry suggested that they talk to the adults again, she turned around and pawed at the closest dragon, which happened to be the scary pitch-black one. Whatever. "Why won't you stop talking?" the dragon finally snarled. But the hellfire wasn't fazed. She merely snorted out another puff of smoke, which was getting increasingly easier to do. "Because you won't start!" And, looking back, the little dragon supposed that perhaps that would be the start of a rocky relationship with the black dragon. The snaps and harshness. But it was her. There was not helping it.

Edited by Mousia

Jackie took a deal breath and nodded. She remembered feeling her parent's minds, but the blue hatchling apparently hadn't felt mind-speech. She simply nodded and, afraid to appear weak, said simply; "Yes, we can take care of ourselves." She looked at the other black egg, with its familiar green glow. She wondered when it would hatch. She was roused form her thoughts by the specklethroat. She nodded and glanced at the blue. "I'll go if you go," she said.

Astra shook her head. "No, not yet. Not worth it. Every bit of energy should be spent well. None of us are hungry yet. We shouldn't waste energy. Unless you want to play a game. Would you like to play a game? They can hone your abilities. That would be a good idea. Or maybe we can explore this...cave. There might be some secret areas. That would be fun. Astra's mind was whirring with thoughts her main goal right now was to survive. It seemed that her entire personality was geared towards survival at this point. She wasn't really sure why, but she had a feeling it had to do with their missing parents. She was actually quite curious about them.

((Does anyone know how an OOC topic's OP should be?))

Jackie nodded. "I say we explore. Maybe there are some...." What were those furry thing called? When she was with her parents, they always used to scamper around her egg. Her parents had called them...."mice! We could eat mice, if we can catch them." Jackie thought that giving the other hatchlings some food might make them more friendly...and therefore less dangerous.

(You can just include some simple guidelines/reminders about what to post and maybe a reminder about what the RP's about.)

Matalu looked up into the adult dragon's glowing green eyes defiantly. "I'm not just going to wait around like I have nothing left to live for. I just hatched today and I'm not going to wait around for my life to start." The black dragon looked at her with narrowed eyes, harshly observing every flaw in detail. "You will wait until it is time for your testing. If you want to ask questions, Embryo is who you ask them to. If you're hungry, go to Corra. Otherwise, you will stay either by yourself or with the other hatchlings. Now go. Shoo. Begone. And don't bother me again. If I want to talk to you, then I will say so. I am not here to be your wetnurse or answer any questions. I am just here to test you with a cold and unblinking eye. Understood?" The hellfire hatchling nodded her head, though she still had a bone to pick with that...monster.

Cherry

"Well it wouldn't really be 'wasting' energy, as getting an idea of our surroundings can help a lot. We should train though. We have to become skillful if we're going to survive here. We should also explore the cave, because if there's anything dangerous in here, we should know and keep on guard." She said, thinking. "Well since we live in the cave, I say we explore here first." She said

Astra let out a small yawn. "Maybe you can find small tunels that we can explore later? I'm too tired right now. I think I'm nocturnal. Are you nocturnal as well? Maybe we're the only nocturnal ones here. What do you think? Tell me later. I'm going to sleep now..." Right after she finished the word "now", Astra was sleeping on the cave floor.

((Alright. Thanks. I'll go do it now...Or later...))

Sora's eyes were narrow slits as she listened to the adult Black dragon scold Matalu harshly, and she winced involuntarily. Poor Matalu. I'm sure our parents wouldn't say that to us, she thought with a pang of longing. Where are our parents? She stifled a low moan and closed her eyes, already feeling the pulls of fatigue drawing her asleep. No! Not yet! There's still so much to do! She struggled to her paws and a wide yawn, blinking sleepily at the other hatchlings. She noticed that the female Royal Blue was sound asleep, her flanks rising and falling gently as she breathed. "I-I'll explore with you," she volunteered as she padded over to the Black hatchling. "By the way, what's your name?"

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Jackie blinked. She figured she was nocturnal; the light was still burning her eyes, and she was tired. But she knew she couldn't sleep, not with all these hatchlings around! "Thanks. My name is Jackie. What's hours?" Jackie wasn't sure if traveling with this oblivious hatchling was a good idea, but she wanted to explore, and she wasn't doing it alone!

Cherry

Cherry smiled at the daydream hatchling. She had said her name was Sora. She wasn't tired at all, in fact she felt new energy course through her veins at the prospect of exploring. She turned toward the hellfire hatchling, waiting to see if she would join.

Sora could tell that the Black hatchling - whose name was Jackie - wasn't looking forward to her company. Although she felt hurt, she would not let this hold her back. She probably thinks you're a bit...thick-headed, she told herself silently, heaving herself to her feet. "My name's Sora," she responded, already heading towards the far side of the large, dim cavern. She waited until they were walking side by side before she continued speaking. "So, what do you think of the outside world?" she began hesitantly, her eyes sharp and calculating as she waited for Jackie's response.

Jackie blinked. "It could be dangerous, but I feel like a sitting duck in this wretched cave. What if a

hatchling decides to attack? We'd be killed instantly!" Jackie shuddered at the thought.

Declan started rocking in his egg. He could hear voices outside of his egg and he wanted to talk to them. He tried to push at the egg but it still wouldn't open. He then started poking holes at it and then the egg started to crack. More cracks appeared after the first and he was soon out of his egg. He opened his eyes and saw a group of hatchlings nearby. He picked himself up and walked over to them. "Hello! I'm Declan. What's your name?" he said to all of them.

Jackie blinked at the new hatchling and narrowed her eyes. "My name is Jackie. We were just about to go exploring. Want to come?" Jackie didn't want to seem weak and friendly, nor did she think bringing a newborn was smart. But she liked the bright hatchling, and hoped that if she spent some time with him, she could imprint some actual brains. Plus, she could also asses how likely it was for him to attack. And if he did, he would be easily overpowered if he was alone.

"Sure! I'd love to come." he flapped his wings and started to lift off the ground when he fell. He picked himself up (again) and tried to flap his wings. He started flapping them really fast and in no time he was flying. He noticed that they other dragons didn't have wings and he smiled at that. I must be special then. He did a backwards loop in the air and flew over the other dragons heads. "Come on!" he said.

Cherry

Cherry decided that the hellfire wasn't coming, and started to walk to the back of the cave. She looked along the walls, and felt them. There seemed to be nothing on the entire left side of the cave, so she walked to the right and repeated the process. At first there was nothing, but at one spot, when she pushed it, the rock crumbled. She excitedly said "Hey come look at this!" To the other hatchlings