KoalaNoob

A New Beginning

"Okay! Pillow!" She happily said as she went to Matulu. She was burned a bit, but it wasn't that serious to her. "Hello Matulu!" She waved as she ran.

Matalu seemed to grin slightly. Fire? Aw, yeah! That was something she was familiar with! And she was sure that she wouldn't get burned too badly, seeing as she would be able to breathe fire with enough practice. Scurrying over to the small flame, she took a breath before scampering through it. She felt a little bit warmer than usual, but she was pretty sure she hadn't burned herself too badly, though it could have just been the excitement dulling the pain. Making her way back to the black dragon, she challenged the adult with her eyes. Though the tests were time-consuming and energy-wasting, she was beginning to get the hang of controlling her body.

(Gonna go for the night soon.)

Matalu sprinted to the forest that Sora had also been sent to and plunged into it. But, inside, she was pretty lost. While the sights were beautiful to behold, she much preferred the barren, reddened volcanic wasteland that had been burned into her brain as home. She just wanted to go back there, but she first had to pass all of Vana's stupid tests. Wandering around, she scratched the trees that she went past to make sure she wasn't going in circles, because that would be just pointless.

Tenri slowed a bit. The fire was hot, which she couldn't exactly handle. Her burns were starting to affect her also. Ouch! She thought as she ran through the fields.When she was finally out, Vana had already told Tenri to do something else. "Ah...! Right!" She said as she swam. It cooled down her burns a bit. She paddled using her legs and her wings as a spread out,since she didn't exactly know how to swim using her wings.

((From what's happened recently, the winged hatchings are being tested. I don't know what happened before that, because, TOO MUCH!))

For a heartbeat, Sora almost felt sorry for Vana. Then she shoved the thought away with a lash of her tail, turning around as Vana started shouting strict orders to the other hatchlings. With a quick nod of thanks to Sanpello for pointing her in the right direction and Corra for reapplying the cobweb and herb bandages on the cut on her stomach, she raced off towards the forest with a determination to prove herself again. She had just reached the edge of the dense greenery when she heard thumping footsteps behind her and feared the worse. Oh no! Has Vana come after me? But when she glanced over her shoulder, she could see Matalu bounding after her in the distance. Her intentness to complete the task sent in front of her bubbling up again, and she she plunged into the forest a good distance away from where Matalu had entered. I'll get to the flag first, just you wait!

After a while of wandering aimlessly through the forest, Sora felt a little frustrated and tired. Where is that flag? Too many leaves and tress, always blocking my vision... She paused in her tracks, curling a wisp of her cloud around one claw. I'd much rather search for it up in the air. Once again, the young Daydream hatchling willed her cloud to grow larger and rise, hauling herself onto it and twitching her tail eagerly as she began to ascend over the leafy canopy. Once she was high in the air, she swung her head from side to side, narrowing her eyes as she tried to catch sight of the blue cloth.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Tenri finished the swimming test. She was tired again,but recovered more quickly than average than on the running test. She ran up to Vana Happily. "Whats next! Whats next!" She excitingly said. She was obviously enjoying the tests. She liked Vana for some strange reason,probably because she thinks Vana are giving them tests for them to enjoy.

"well?" She smiled.

"Okay! Are you having fun?" She smiled before going through the forest. It was easier for her to do this one than running over the fire and swimming. She watched Matalu finishing her navigation. What a athletic dragon! She thought as she walked. She enjoyed the view. Vana must really like us! Tenri laughed.

((Yeah, Tenri is usually the one to conclude the most happiest things.))

Matalu...didn't like forests. She'd concluded that after about thirty seconds of searching. All those leaves in the way. And all the trees constantly blacking her view of all the other trees. Some probably found it beautiful, but not the young female hellfire. Nope. She hated it. Hopefully someone would find the flag so they could all just get out!

Tenri looked around. She'd forgotten what to do so suddenly. Actually, she had no idea what she was suppose to do in the forest. "Whoops!" She laughed. She looked at Matalu. "Hey! What are we suppose to do?" She asked her. It was silly of her to just go in the forest without knowing what to do at all. So she laughed.

Vana realized that none of the hatchlings had returned from the forest yet, as no rustling sounds were heard. What's taking them so long? Am I the only one who knows that there's a flag in the trees the second they enter?

Tenri suddenly became shy and hid. "Wah!" She was embarrassed now,for some reason. She suddenly noticed a flag.

Whats this suppose to do? She thought as she passed it several times. She had guessed that the flag was to mark the place, so she continued to explore the forest.

Eventually, she wondered if she was suppose to even take it. This could help me mark my trails... She took the flag and started drawing a line with it. I guess it would be helpful... she thought as she continued on with a flag.

Vana suddenly noticed a rustle, right where the flag was. So someone must have finally found the flag... She heard receding footsteps. And the person is an idiot who didn't listen to instructions.

I guess I'll just ask Vana. She followed the trails she made. Eventually, she walked out of the forest, to meet Vana. "Pillow! Pillow! What are we suppose to do again?" She asked, with a flag in her mouth.

She looked at the flag. Then looked at Vana. "Thats what we're suppose to do Pillow?" She tilted her head. "But..." She looked at Vana right in the eyes. "Why did you put it in such an easy place?" She was confused. She didn't know yet that she has much better vision like paying attention to her surroundings.

Edited by Jass

"Because most of you are idiotic and don't know where to look. The other ones are at the end of the forest."

Tenri didn't look afraid. She in fact,actually looked curious. She did a faint smile. "You're talking to me right?" She curiously asked, tilting her head. Interesting... She giggled a bit. "Why do I have to fight you Pillow?" She asked.

Tenri looked at Vana and smiled sweetly. "You're right...I can't damage you yet as a hatchling..." She looked down, smiling a bit. "alright Pillow! I'll try and damage you!" Tenri said.