KoalaNoob

A New Beginning

Vana simply ignored Sora, until she issued her next command. "I see you're fine. Now fly. End of the field and back, no stopping, do it twice. Go."

Corra

Corra sighed as she was pushed away. The hatchling had determinedly ran off, er opening the wound. It would heal, due to the herbs, but with more pain. She smiled ever so slightly though. It seemed that the dragon had been determined. Vana wasn't the nicest, but she did produce the most determined dragons with her training.

Sora ignored Vana's first comment and replied to her strict command instead. She narrowed her eyes, which glowed with both amusement and disgust. Is Vana really so blind? "I don't have wings," she growled. I don't have wings yet, you stupid excuse for a dragon! You'll wish you never hatched when I grow up! was what she really wanted to say, but of course she kept quiet.

"But you can still fly," Vana snapped. So you will go and do what I said. You don't need wings. I've felt you fliting around, here and there, floating. Now go."

Edited by KoalaNoob

The hellfire was tired, but she wouldn't ask the dragon for any favors. Instead, she flapped her wings as hard she she could, lifting off the ground a centimeter for perhaps a second before falling down again. Jeez. Her wings weren't good enough to fly well (or perhaps she just didn't know how to use them). But if she forced them enough, then maybe... Time and time again she tried to fly and couldn't manage it for more than perhaps five seconds. Looking down at the ground, she conjured up all the anger she had and started off running, accelerating. Then she extended her wings and let the air push her up. It looked awkward and ugly as she flapped along clumsily, but she managed to somehow flail in such a way that the air carried her across and allowed her to lose altitude without landing. By sheer determination, stupid luck, or a combination of both, the hellfire completed the task without too much energy lost, though her grace was seriously lacking. Especially the landing, as she tumbled to the ground near Vana's feet. Quickly bolting upright, she struggled to calm her pounding heart and regain her breath, as she was still really tired from the running exercise. It was almost too much, but her will kept her going.

Sora struggled to stifle a laugh, knowing that - in a way - she had defeated Vana. She willed her soft, pink cloud to manipulate itself into large mass of billowing wisps, and clambered onto it with an aura of triumph around her. With a simple flick of her tail, the cloud streaked across the field, hovering barely a meter over the ground. She went back and forth twice, closing her eyes as she basked in the bright sunlight, her pain in her wound forgotten.

Finally, Sora leapt off of her cloud and smiled sweetly at Vana. "I hope that was fast enough," she cooed, beaming in mock eagerness. "So what's next?"

Vana nodded at Sora. "Yes, that was fast enough. The air was definitely fast moving. And you figured out what I meant by "you can fly". Next, is forest navigation. You are to go into that forest over there- "Vana pointed her muzzle towards a random direction, but though there was a forest nearby, Vana had pointed in the wrong direction. "- and retrieve a blue flag that has been placed somewhere inside. It is up a tree. Go and do it." She turned towards Matalu. "You did not do as you were told. You were to fly across the ENTIRE FIELD WITHOUT STOPPING. You ran a bit, and fell numerous times. As a punishment, you must repeat."

Edited by KoalaNoob

Sora's eyes followed Vana's gaze to where the adult said a dense forest was standing. But all the young Daydream hatchling saw was an endless field topped with small tufts of dry, brittle grass here and there. "What forest?" she asked, genuinely bewildered. Is Vana trying to trick me, or what? "There's only a field for as far as I can see." She looked up at the adult Black doubtfully, her lip curling in distrust. I won't let Vana mislead me! Edited by SpiritWolfe

"Uh... Over there!" Vana stuttered nervously, pointing in another random direction. "Just go into the stupid forest! Find it yourself, or do you not have eyes?"

Sanpello

"Vana, you pointed in the wrong direction." Sanpello whispered. She noticed the daydream questioning Vana about the forest, and decided to point towards the real forest to avoid confusion.

"Oh! Uh...Wrong direction again?" Vana quickly switched again, finally pointing to the right direction.

Matalu shook her head. "That's not true. All that happened right over here. I flew the entire way. But I will do it again, because I will not be beaten by these tests." She backed up, again picking up enough speed to fly. After she was done, she let herself down more skillfully, though she still did not look very beautiful at all in the air. "Satisfied?" She looked up at the black dragon, holding back a snarl.

Corra

Corra couldn't help but smile at Vana's direction loss. She headed out to replace the herbs she used on the daydream hatchling. She found them all quickly and returned in case there were any more injuries.

"I never told you to do it again." Vana was now a little nervous while speaking, but she held her composure. "And I never daid you could do a running start."

"As I recall, you said: 'As a punishment, you must repeat.' And I can't fly without a running start. My wings are far too small to do it with any hint of normalcy." She stared at Vana, unafraid of her then. It was obvious that she just had the job because she was okay with punishing and hurting hatchlings, not because she had any reminiscence of skill. With that knowledge, it was easier to view her as a peripheral obstacle rather than a full-on threat. "May I begin my next test now?"

Tenri coughed a bit. She had drank some water,but not a ton, because she was going to fly again soon. She still has a painful headache,but not as painful as it used to be. She smiled a bit. Her wings and legs have regained some nerves, and her eyesight was much clearer.

"Good thing Vana allowed me to rest." She said. She looked at what was going on, and it seemed like Vana is a bit confused and embarrassed. She smiled.

"Fine, fine," Vana had completely lost her stern demeanor, and had almost become soft. "Go swim across that lake, over there. It's a bit far away, but I'm sure you can find it yourself. Swim across it, and back. I don't care fi you can't swim, just do it. Tenri, you can do your flight test now. Across the field and back, twice."

Edited by KoalaNoob

Tenri noticed that Vana had lost the harshness in her voice. She simply smiled. It looks like the hatchlings softened you up a bit. She thought to her. Could it be? You're actually caring? She looked at Vana. She giggled a bit. She then focused on her test. Should I conserve my energy and glide like a eagle? Or should I use my energy immediately to get around faster? She thought to herself.

"Just go, already," Vana snarled. She was NOT soft! She was a warrior, who could triumph everything!

"Hope you have fun,Black Pillow!"(note,it was a bad pun to describe to how Tenri thought of her softness)

Tenri flew up in the skies. It was amazing for her, gliding on.

Mata looked around, finding the glinting surface of the lake rather easily. Stumbling over to it, she looked in, not entirely thrilled at having to swim. But she did climb in and use her wings as paddles to push herself along. It was actually pretty easy. But the main problem was breathing. She constantly had to push herself up for air, which was tiring. And that wasn't accounting for the fact that water seemed to be a lot thicker than air, which the hatchling had not been aware of. But when she reached the bank again, Matalu was exhausted. Taking a short drink, she hurried back to Vana, sopping wet and panting. How much longer would the trials last?

Tenri giggled,she liked flying a lot. She did a lap quickly,and didn't lose much energy when she ran. I guess I'm more of a bird. She admitted herself. She was slow on running, but when she flew,it was like she was at the top of the food chain.

((Anyone can RP Astra for me. I just don't have inspiration for her.))

"Beyond the lake, there is a fire. Run through it, the run back here fast, Matalu. Terri, its your turn for a swim."

"Its Tenri. Didn't you get it the first time around?" She questioned her happily. She wondered if Vana makes a lot of mistakes.

((I misspelled it, Vana didn't mispronounce....))

"Just go and swi- actually, you can run through the fire with Matalu, and return here. THEN you can swim. Matalu is over there." Vana said 'there' without really motioning towards anything.