KoalaNoob

A New Beginning

Vana returned Sora's glare. She darted forwards, and grabbed Sora's throat, using it to pin her down. "You will run again, or face the consequences." Vana flexed a claw, and poked it dangerously close to Sora's neck.

Sanpello

"Let her go!" Sanpello said to Vana. "Don't get carried away Vana." She said. She walked over to Van's side. "I don't even think she has wings. Just a cloud." She said.

Tenri walked toward the black dragon. She wondered why Vana seemed so mean. Tenri tilted her head,a bit confused on whats happening. "Don't worry, you'll get better next time!" She shouted out happily as she smiled to the hatchling. "good luck next time!" She smiled. I wonder if I'm next. She smiled. She couldn't wait to just relax and watch the other hatchlings after that,if she is.

Sora didn't feel scared. She only felt defiant, with a raging wildfire of hatred blooming inside her. "Let. Go. Of. Me. Now." When the Black didn't respond, she snapped at Vana's outstretched claws and nipped it quickly, wriggling out of the Black dragon's steely claws when the bigger dragon's grip relaxed. She watched in grim satisfaction as a few drops of sticky, dark crimson blood gushed out of the puncture, welling into a tiny puddle at her feet. She backed away to stand beside Sanpello, grateful for her support. Her eyes flicked to Tenri, and she nodded slightly, but her attention was mainly focused on Vana. She wondered how the cruel adult dragon would react to that. Edited by SpiritWolfe

Sanpello

Sanpello held a wing over Sora. Vana would probably kill Sora when she had the chance now. She shook her head at Vana. "We're here to test them, not kill them of exhaustion." She said.

Vana slashed open Sora's stomach. Though it might not be fatal, it would hurt, and if she wasn't given quick attention, she would probably die. Willing about a dozen rocks to rise, Vana used them to surround Sora. "Now, dear, will you run, or not? If you try to move, these rocks will all hit you, probably causing your death. It's your choice." Using a few spare rocks, she knocked Sanpello away.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Sanpello

Sanpello gasped at Vana's actions. "Vana! We can't measure the test correctly if they're injured! And attacking a hatching? What can it do in defense?" She called Corra over to tell her about the wound.

Corra

Corra shook her head at Vana. More dragons to heal wouldn't do any good. She listened to Sanpello and went inside to get her herbs.

"Are you alright?" Tenri shouted at her,hoping to hear her. She hoped so. She hoped she would get a reply saying that shes alright or something like that.

"Don't worry! You'll only feel pain!" She called out to her. "Just relax!" She said.

"You!" Vana called, all the while holding the stones in place. "Tri-horned Wyvern! Tenri! You look like you have a wings, though they're stubby! You're turn to test! Twice to the end of the field! NOW!"

Corra

Corra walked out to the field. "Vana, move aside. I need to look at the hatchling's wounds. I'll take care of her running test. She isn't getting an excuse, so let me look at the wound. I doubt the rulers would be happy if you let a hatchling bleed to death." She reasoned.

(( Lol, Tenri. "You'll only feel a lot of pain! You can relax!" xd.png))

Sora shrieked and fell to her knees, trying in vain to stop the steady bleeding by holding a paw firmly to her stomach. So, is this how it's going to end? On the second day of my miserable life? If it wasn't for the circumstances, she could have laughed out loud. Hilarious! Hatching and dying before you can say a word! Already, the edges of her vision were turning an ominous red and the blood rushing to her ears blocked out Tenri and Vana's words. She crouched in the middle of the jagged rocks, squeezing her eyes shut as she was overwhelmed with a wave of dizziness. Fighting to stay conscious, Sora heaved herself to her feet and bared her teeth furiously at Vana, but her actions were weak and her legs were shaky. Oh, someone help me! she begged silently, her breath coming out in ragged gasps as she lost more and more blood.

"Ah...!" She said. She looked at the hatchling. She sighed, going to the fields. Before she was going to run,she smiled sweetly at the adult. "Hope you have fun!" She said to Vana. She made her wings look like a airplane,so her wings won't act like a parachute. "Cheer for me!" She called out and ran. She was undoubtedly slow,but all she was filled with was adrenaline. Her face expression was her smiling.

Edited by Jass

This one seems more obedient....This is good. If she doesn't cheat, she will only have to run two rounds before continuing.... To the TRUE terror of the test! Vana basked in the terror that was soon to come. "Hurry it up!" She yelled. "If you aren't fast enough, you'll have to run double!"

"Alright!" She sweetly smiled. She slowed down a bit,however. I should conserve my energy to do the rest of the laps. She was getting tired, but she thought of this like a race. She imagined slow hatchlings behind her, which caused her to giggle. They won't win! She thought as she ran. Races are suppose to be tiring. She wished she had some water,but continued on focusing on the laps.

Vana snarled. "Hurry up, NOW! I know that you just slowed down!" A few rocks might speed her up a bit... Levitating even more rocks, she sent them hurtling at Tenri. "Look behind you, dear. You'd better hurry!" Vana's tone was sugarcoated, but in a sickly sweet way.

Corra

Corra quickly walked to the hatchling and applied spiderwebs to stop the bleeding. She could use healing magic and healed her immediately, but it wasn't fatal and she preferred to save the magic for practicing and emergencies. Besides, herbs would have the same effect, maybe even better. She got some specific herbs, and ground them into a paste, adding just a little healing magic to help. She put half on the hatchling's side and fed the other half to the hatchling. She wrapped the spiderweb over the wound again.

"Ahh?!" She suddenly saw rocks that was hurling to her. She was unable to dodge them, which caused her to fall. Panting, she quickly pulled herself up and continued on. She was tired,her lungs wanted to take a rest and her heart was beating extremely fast. Her legs were also tired,and she can barely feel it. Panting and gasping, She jogged around. She glanced at Vana,who was smiling with no doubt. "G-good,sh-she's happy about my performance." She whispered. Tenri could barely say anything. She did a faint smile.

Edited by Jass

Matalu watched worriedly as Sora seemed to be in much pain from the wound. Stumbling closer to Vana, she steeled her nerves and gathered her thoughts. "Hey! Vana! Once Tenri's done with her test, I'm going next." She was eager to get to the part of the test that she would excel in. Fighting. The hellfire was determined to show Vana what she was made of and get revenge for her friend's suffering. No one deserved to have that done to them. Not when they had no way to fight back and had done nothing to warrant such mistreatment. Narrowing her little eyes at the adult, she puffed some black smoke out of her nostrils. The black dragon would be able to feel the heat from her anger, no doubt.

Tenri felt dizzy. She collapsed on the field,but managed to stand up. Tenri felt like she was going to puke. She had reached the limit,and her eyes blurred. "A-almost t-there!" She said as she jogged over. Her stomach was also hurting. She was almost going to finish though. Finally,she collapsed near Vana. She panted greatly. Her body didn't even seem to listen to her anymore. "A-am I d-done?" She asked Vana. Tenri couldn't seem to see anyone properly anymore right now. She was exhausted.

Vana narrowed her eyes. "You were insanely slow. But beccause you ran there and back, yes, you're done. Next, flying. the same distance, but you have to do it twice. Now fly." Vana turned to Matalu. "Matalu, your turn to run. End of the field and back, or end of the field twice."

Tenri struggled to get up. She barely had any energy left, and has a horrible headache. "May I take a rest?" She panted. She at least needed to recover a bit energy to regain her eyesight.

She looked at Matalu. "G-good luck!" She barely said.

Mata nodded her little head and started off running as fast as she could, though that wasn't so fast. She stumbled, but it made her push off harder and gave her a burst of speed and determination. She wouldn't let that stupid dragon crush her, no matter how great the size difference was. Once she reached the end of the field, she twisted on one leg and started the return journey. The hellfire could tell that she definitely wasn't going fast, but she was doing all she could. But the time she was a third of the way done with her return trip, she was panting. But she clenched her jaw and told herself to keep going. Vana was going to give her a hard time if she didn't push herself, she knew. Once she got to the end, she panted heavily, though she refused to submit to the older dragon. "Done," she breathed.

Edited by Mousia

Jackie had managed to link herself to Tenri's eyes. Don't argue with her! Just fly! she advised. She had watched the whole time, and a deep-rooted hatred had awoken in her. She hoped with every fiber of her being to someday be big enough to kill Vana. A twisted grin spread across her face and she raked her claws against the ground, leaving deep scratches in the stone.

Vana nodded at Tenri. "Yes, you may rest. Go and get some water if you must. I see that you have worked hard, and can not take any more, but you still pushed towards the end. I respect that. Return when you are ready to continue, but do not be long." She turned her attention to Matalu. "Good job. Now continue to the flying test. Same distance, but twice. No landing. Go."

Sora sank back into the soft grass and closed her eyes as Corra made poultices and cobweb bandages, gratefully licking up the herbs that the kind White dragon had placed in front of her to eat. She wrinkled her nose as the foul, bitter taste spread over her tongue, and she bit back her complaint with a soft sigh. But as she began to relax her body, Sora was sure that something was nagging her in the back of her mind, whispering encouraging words to her. What do you want? she asked the voice silently, but she already knew the answer. With a determined gleam in her eye, she sat up abruptly and blinked open her eyes, which we're gleaming with new determination and energy. She gently pushed Corra away from her and stood up shakily, her fierce gaze scanning the large field once again. I can do this. I'm going to show Vana that I am strong. And then she started running.

Although her lungs, chest, and legs were still tired and tight, Sora kept running. She could feel her wound reopen and let the blood trickle down her legs, leaving a jagged line of dark crimson behind in her wake. In seconds, the young Daydream hatchling had reached the end of the field, and was still pushing on strongly.

When Sora finally skidded to a stop in front of the adult dragons, her legs were trembling and her breath came out in short, ragged gasps. But all she felt was triumph, and it shone brightly in her eyes as her gaze met with Vana's. "Happy now?"

Edited by SpiritWolfe