Quis

Take an Egg - Leave an Egg

Welcome to Take an Egg Leave an Egg!

This thread is similar to the wonderful Departures board in that people come here to leave an egg (or hatchling) for someone else to take, but with one big difference: if you take an egg you must also leave one for someone else! That means that there should be one or more eggs here for others to take at all times. (Unless we have problems with theft, but I will be doing my best to keep that from causing too much of a problem.)

Please read and follow these rules to keep everything running smoothly:

*When you take an egg or hatchling, leave something in return as soon as you can.

When you take something, you are making a promise to post a transfer link offering a gift from your scroll for another player to take. Taking something and planning to give nothing back in return is stealing from the thread, and isn't fair to the other players or, especially, to the person who offered the lovely egg or hatchling you are taking.

Remember- the dragons may be nothing more than pictures on the internet, but the people breeding and offering them are real people, and every single player deserves to have their generosity rewarded with respect, not theft.

*Make a post right away saying what you claimed, so the person who gave it doesn't think it was stolen. The best format is to post something like this:

Taking: Exactly which egg or hatchling are you taking, and who offered it?

Leaving: A teleport link to claim the egg/hatchling you are offering in return

When in doubt, have a look at the way other players are posting and follow their example.

*Do not claim something if you can't replace it by offering your return gift within 5 hours or less. If you know you won't be able to put up a replacement offer in that time frame, leave that offer for someone else. Otherwise the thread will have less to offer the next player who comes along.

*The sooner you post your return offer, the better. Remember that the thread 'shrinks down' while it waits for you to give your return offer. Keep your fellow players in mind and get that offer up as soon as you can! Don't shrug it off and wait the full five hours if you can make it more quickly than that!

*As much as possible, try to leave nice eggs in return for taking nice eggs.

Everyone is hoping to find something good here! We don't all have the resources to leave a rare in exchange for a rare catch, especially if you're a newcomer. That doesn't mean you shouldn't pounce on that rare find. But if someone is kind enough to leave a valuable egg, please don't claim it and leave behind some random egg with a tangled lineage that you don't want. You know what your resources are- do the best you can to match what you take. If you have nothing rare or uncommon maybe you can offer a hatchling, an egg with a nice looking lineage, or something with a BSA? Pinks and Reds are useful to everyone.

*Please do not leave common cave blockers with messy lineages.

Anything you leave here should be a dragon you think someone would be happy to have, and should not be something they can easily pick up CB or from the AP themselves.

A common hatchling or egg with a nice lineage (stairstep, spiral, purebred, tinsel/shimmer/metal/etc-fail or whatever else) is a perfectly good offer- but if it does not have a nice lineage, interesting code, or some other aspect to make it valuable to others, do not leave eggs from these breeds:

Albino

Balloon

Canopy

Daydream

Deep Sea

Dorsal (purple non-alt)

Electric

Grey/Fog

Guardian

Green/Earth/Pebble

Horse

Mint

Nocturne

Neotropical

Ocean/ Blue/ Puddle

Ochredrake

Pygmy (standard yellow)

Pygmy (light blue/Nillia)

Skywing

Spotted Greenwing

Stone

Sunstone

Terrae

Water Horse

Whiptail

Water Walker

(Feel free to PM me if you disagree with a breed on this list. I am open to suggestions.)

*If you don't want your offered egg bitten, traded, sent to the AP or anything else, say so.

Otherwise the person taking it is free to do what they like with it.

*If you claim an egg that had conditions from the gifter, such as 'do not bite' or 'please name', remember that it is your responsibility to follow their request.

If you're going to give it to somebody else, you need to ask the person you are giving it to to follow the same conditions that were asked of you. Please do not send an egg that you received with conditions to the AP, because then you have no way to make sure the new owner will honor those conditions. This shows respect for the person who gave you the egg/hatchling in the first place.

*One-way vs. Two-way transfers (and theft)

One-way transfer links have the advantage of being nice and quick, which is especially helpful if you're hoping to have your offer taken as soon as possible. However there have already been several instances of theft, especially where hatchlings and rare breeds such as Tinsels, Shimmers, and Trios are concerned.

For now, until some better solution can (hopefully) be found, please use two-way trades if you are especially worried about not knowing who claims your offer, or if your offered egg is very rare. It's a bit of a hassle, and I'm sorry about that. If you have further opinions about the issue please feel free to PM me or share them in a post here. (Hopefully along with a taking and leaving offer!)

*An issue with leaving one-way offers in return for trying to claim a two-way transfer:

If the 'take' you're trying to claim is a two-way trade, and you post an offer with a one-way transfer as your 'leave' while you wait for the claim to appear on your scroll, then it's likely your 'leave' egg will be claimed while your 'take' goes to someone else, meaning you gave but received nothing in return.

To even this out, the person who was shorted an egg in this situation should get to claim someone else's offer without giving again. One given, one taken, fair is fair.

If you need to do this, please make note in your new 'taking' post where you were shorted, so nobody mistakenly thinks you are stealing.

*Please try to edit your teleport links after your offered egg is taken.

There are several eggs available all times, so when people don't delete or strikethrough their offering links it becomes hard for people to dig backwards through the previous pages and find which offers are still available. It's often hard to find your old posts to edit, so if you don't get every single one that's understandable, but please try to get them as often as you can.

The code for strikethrough is [ s ] and [ / s ], the same as italic or bold but using the letter s.

*If you offer an egg that nobody is claiming and you want to get it off your scroll

I understand your frustration. I've felt this way myself a few times on the Departures thread. You can, at any time, make a new post to substitute a different egg and take back the original to trade/gift/AP/whatever you like. (Please delete or strikethrough the original, no longer valid post).

Because you left that first offer in return for something you took in the first place, you must still leave something instead of just taking it back and leaving a gap in the thread! If your offered egg sits here for so long that it eventually grows into an adult, it would be appreciated if you leave something else instead, but you do not have to. I'll do what I can to fill in any gaps left this way, and hopefully others might be willing to be generous and help in these times as well.

*If nobody is taking what you offered, you can bump your post once per day.

Switching your offered egg to offer something else does not count as your daily bump, but please do not keep changing your offered egg multiple times a day.

*Feel free to leave without taking (donate), or to leave multiples.

This would be a very generous thing to do!

*When leaving return offers to the thread after you claim something, count each transfer link you claimed as 'one'.

If you accept an offer through one transfer link that gives you three eggs, then you only have to leave one offer in return.

If you accept three different transfer links, each one giving you one egg one at a time, then you need to leave three separate things through three separate offers in return.

(The reasoning is this: When you offer multiple eggs/hatchlings in one transfer, the person claiming it has no option to say 'I can only afford to repay one of these, so I'll choose to take only one egg;' they have to take all the offers that are bundled together within that link. So, the whole offer together counts as one item.)

*All through these rules I talk about taking and offering eggs, but hatchlings are great too!

Who doesn't love to save time by picking up a nice hatchie? If all you have to offer are common breeds, offering a hatchling instead of an egg is a great way to make it more valuable to others. Picking up a low time CB egg from the AP and putting it in ERs so you can to offer as a hatchling after a little while is a great idea.

*If you can't participate because you have no Magi dragons to Teleport for you,

PM me and I'll be glad to breed you one (or more). Goodness knows I have enough of them.

*Taking something now, Leaving something later.

(Rule added Aug 26 2013)

You can leave an offer now and take something for it later, ONLY IF:

*The offer you left is within three pages of the offer you are taking. (If you offer without claiming anything on page 10, you can claim something later from page 10, 11, or 12. Not page 13 or later.)

*When you post to claim your 'take' later on, your post must tell what you left, what page you left it on, and either a link to the trade or what page it was claimed on and by who. (If it was stolen, mention that instead.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Want to help keep Take an Egg Leave an Egg running? Sign up to be a breeder!

It would be great to have a handful of people who promise to donate a nice egg on a regular schedule to keep things moving, in case the thread becomes bogged down with offers that nobody is taking, because of theft, or for any other reason. If you're willing to volunteer, please post or PM me with this quick little form:

I would like to be a breeder!

I will offer a free egg to the thread (once, twice, or how often?) each month, on the (first, second, third, or fourth?) week of every month.

Official Breeders (and all around generous people!) are:

Once a week-

Mistokitt

WWECornSerpent

Mordeth

Eos (plans to offer Shimmers and uncommons)

Nyda

natayah (plans to offer multiple times each week)

ArgentumDraco

Kaoto_Susanao235

Coyote

pikapika555

Sarxh (offers multiple times a week when possible)

maaters

Lady_Lunevis

meged321

Once a month-

Ari97 (first week of the month)

IvoryDragon432 (on the last day of every month)

moonmadkitty (during the last week of each month)

Milkyway (first week of the month)

Santini

Mitzuki505

Nire izena __ da.

miniquiny999 (one Dorkwed the first week of each month)

AutumnAuburn (third week of the month)

EmmaD333

Multiple times a month at breeder's convenience-

wbmorgan

Twilight Dream

Daydreamer09 (first week of the month)

aussieJJDude (2nd, 3rd and 4th weeks)

Dragonroarer55 (mostly 1st and 4th weeks of each month)

Syiren (UVs, Blunas, Nebulas, Moonstones, Royal Blues, Magi, and Blacks especially)

Torkie10 (twice a month; including uncommon 2nd gen PBs, BSA breeds, 11th Gen Shimmers and Tinsels)

kaydensmom

x_vio_x (plans to donate metals when possible, Nebulas and BSA breeds as needed, and Holiday eggs when in season)

Xythus

wynterborne

logan9605

Apollotrix (2-4 times a month)

AltanaSabelle

Pippyspot (plans to offer multiple donations per week)

ArianeDragon (aims to offer 3 times per month)

draganot (plans to offer twice each month)

ViperViolist

Psychotic Khaotic

beiningtian

Infinity_Dragons

RadiantSunsets (twice in the first week of each month)

elsa-breeze

Bluheart

*If you are listed as an official breeder and would like to resign permanently, PM to let me know and I'll take your name down.

*We have enough breeders that it won't ruin anything if for some reason you miss your week, but if you find yourself missing it repeatedly because you're forgetting or you don't have time, maybe it's better if you PM me to be taken off the list. Don't worry, nobody is going to be upset with you!

*If you know ahead of time that you won't be able to offer an egg on your week for whatever reason, it would be appreciated if you ask a friend to offer something in your place while you're gone if possible. If you can't, don't panic. Life is chaotic and these things happen.

*If you would like to sign up to offer an egg once every other month or on some other schedule, let me know and I'll add you to the record on whatever time-frame you're comfortable with.

Official breeders with their name on this list are invited to use one of the following special banners in their signatures.

(Technically, yes, other people could break this rule and take them too, but... why would anyone do that? If you want to be a breeder, just PM me.)

Made by Enigmatron:

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=11&t=153584][IMG=http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/DandelionPhotos/taelae_breeder_1_zps93c15587.gif][/url]

Made by Eos:

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=11&t=153584][IMG=http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/DandelionPhotos/taelae_breeder_2_zpsa364f2c4.gif][/url]

Thank you both so much for these great banners!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Banners!

Credit goes to Syiren for both of these banners. Thank you for making our first large one, and then our first small as well!

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=11&t=153584][IMG=http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/DandelionPhotos/TakeLeaveEggBanner_zpsa27f1664.gif][/url]

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=11&t=153584][IMG=http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/DandelionPhotos/TaELaEsmall1_zpsf546f4f8.png][/url]

Large banner number two, made by Anavi_Ivy!

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=11&t=153584][IMG=http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/DandelionPhotos/TaELaE2_zps200421d0.gif][/url]

Number three, by Ari97!

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=11&t=153584][IMG=http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/DandelionPhotos/TaELaE3_zps1a5fb69e.jpg][/url]

We have another banner, made by BloodSpell! If this one does not make you chuckle then you have no sense of humor.

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=153584&st=0][IMG=http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad26/mhegz_ph/take_leave3_zpsbe4ba4c1.gif][/URL]

This lovely, minty banner is brought to us by dhorne!

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=11&t=153584][IMG=http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/DandelionPhotos/dhorne_taelae_banner_zps45eb2658.gif][/url]

Thank you all so very much for your work!

More banners will always be welcome! Please be sure to keep an eye on the Official Art Usage list when choosing which sprites to include.

Edited by Quis

Note for records: Original post contained my opening offers to the project.

Record of Updates and News:

Most Recent Update:

Oct 9, 2013

*Thread temporarily closed by SockPuppet Strangler to remind people to be civil; no threats or heated arguing, everyone.

*ArianeDragon added to the breeders list

*Eos added to the breeders list after being accidentally left out twice in a row (thus winning this month's award for patience.)

*Players are asked, as much as possible, to only offer messy dummy eggs in two-way transfers to discourage people from using two-ways as trades instead of for theft prevention.

Record of Older News:

Aug 26, 2013: TaE-LaE Turns one week old! New rule 'Leaving something now, Taking something later' added.

Sept 6, 2013: Poll to decide how long of a delay between taking and leaving should be allowed. (Still active! Vote if you haven't yet!)

Sept 6, 2013: Two rules added for clarity; 'If you claim an egg that had conditions from the gifter....' and 'When leaving return offers after you claim something, count each transfer link as one....'

Sept 18,2013:

*Poll about the delay time between Taking and Leaving offers finally decided and closed; a 5 hour limit was the winning option in the poll. Main rules have been updated to reflect this change.

*New poll opened to discuss leaving an offer without claiming anything at one time, then claiming something else later to make up for it.

*Several new breeders added (including Pippyspot, whose name was accidentally left out in the main update post).

Edited by Quis

NOTICE:

I am temporarily closing this thread so people have time to read and see this message:

Quite frankly, I am tired of receiving reports on members calling out other members (not tired of getting reports but tired of the fact that people are continually making these posts calling other users out). Publicly calling out members is unacceptable. Trading threads being allowed public ban and warn lists is a privilege, and it's one that the OP/project account owners alone take up.

If you have concerns about a thread, please PM a mod or the thread owner to discuss your concerns.

Transfers are one way. Yes, it is unfortunate that some users are seemingly not abiding by the purpose of this thread, but that does not give all members the right to rant about them or call them out here. If you cannot handle a member possibly taking your egg without leaving one left, this is not the gifting/exchanging thread for you. I understand this is frustrating, but there's no real way to uphold this.

I don't care if you know who is taking eggs without giving back. In a thread like this where you are leaving the transfer open for all, sometimes it is going to happen that someone takes the dragon without giving back in the spirit of the thread. Just accept that you put up a good gift that most likely went to a good home, and move on.

If you have suggestions for the OP, feel free to PM those suggestions to them. Perhaps a small group of polite users can be organized to send gentle PM reminders asking for people who have taken an egg to give back when they can. Otherwise, posting here to call out other members is against board rules and is also against the spirit of this thread, which should be sharing. Sometimes this means that someone may be going through a tougher spot and can't afford to give back at the moment. Yes, by thread spirit they should also be waiting to take, but let's have a little faith and assume they will be giving back sometime soon.

If you are taking an egg, please do abide by thread rules and give one back ASAP. If you don't have anything nice to give to the thread yet, try to do some trading or get on some gifting lists so you can build up your collection and be able to breed or bite nice eggs for the thread. Heck, get some AP commons (many of which are cb) and build some checkers or pbs or other neat lineages and give something creative back to the thread. Your egg doesn't have to be rare, just something someone will appreciate. What kind of neat checkers can you create from the AP that you don't see a lot? It doesn't take to long to breed a third or even fourth gen pairing that you can then breed for the thread every so often. Check out the Great Lineages Found in the AP thread for ideas. People there appreciate 4th gen pbs and 3rd gen checkers and 5th gen stairs or spirals. People like cool codes and lineages with neat/funny/creative/recognizable (such as song lyrics or jokes from TV shows) names. It doesn't take too long to make most of these lineages.

If you are giving an egg, please realize that there are, unfortunately, going to be times where you give but someone else doesn't give back. It happens. Try to remember all the times you have given and it has been passed on. Try to think of how special your offer was that someone took it to love it. Sometimes you pass it forward and it stops there, but a lot of times it doesn't. This thread is about sharing, so let's let things flow and not get caught up in the times when your kind gesture isn't paid forward.

I think overall this thread is doing an awesome job, and I would like to see it keep going on this way. Any further posts calling out users for not giving back (even if you don't name them) will be removed by me and the user will be given a warning. Thread OPs/mods may post reminders of the rules/expectations, but I don't want to see every user who had a couple 'bad experiences' ranting to the thread. That's not your place, and judging by the reports I'm seeing this attitude is just as detrimental to the thread as users who aren't giving back.

This thread will be opened back up in a few hours when more users have seen this notice.

Sorry for those of you who don't need the notice, but I think this is better as a mass announcement rather than trying to track down several users to PM them.

If you have not read my above post, please do so.

I think this thread has been closed long enough for a decent amount of people to read my post.

Please continue sending reports if you see more posts calling other users out. Just a reminder that calling other users out will mean your post is removed and you will receive a warning.

This thread is now: OPEN

In the spirit of this thread, anyone want a male cb harvest hatchling with 6 hours until it becomes an adult?

Topic warning.

Reminder:

Rants, vents are not allowed in SD, take chat to pm.

Edited by _Z_

Taking: nothing right now

Leaving: CB Black on a one way transfer. No restrictions.

Gone-- enjoy!

Edited by kehf

hubby (nightshift) took this

He is leaving:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/M60XS

Make an offer on my eggs/hatchlings!Avatar of change

Offer dummy. Leave something.

Don't harm in any way. Don't trade, don't abandon.

Also, he would like to remind that this is also still here:

Make an offer on my eggs/hatchlings!Avatar of destruction

Same rules as above apply.

Taking: Nothing yet.

Leaving: Gorgeous 5th even gen shimmer! Offer a dummy. I won't accept your offer unless you've already left something (not a promise to leave something, actually left something) for the thread. Please name!

Still have this lovely shimmer.

Still have this lovely shimmer.

Offered on this! Left something and took nothing on Page 82 - if that's not okay, I can leave something else.

My head hurts from looking at lineages. x_x I've realized I still need lots more shinyfails.

I'm gonna leave this egg here and hope someone takes it and gives it a name, then I'm outta here.

Took shimmer from djengis, thank you! biggrin.gif

Leaving: Tri horn x silver checker

cheese Gone to Pippyspot, enjoy!

Taking the Tri-Horn. Love them so much, especially when checkered with Metals. Ill influence her and incuhatch. Ill leave somethings as soon as I can. Thank you. wub.gif

Need a Gold to finish the checker but I had another same-Gen that's perfect. Little Tri-Horn Eggie with a Gold Checker core. wub.gif

Edited by DragonLove234

TAKING: This gray hatchie, offered dummy egg from the AP in exchange.

Leaving something nice (probably a 2G or 3G hybrid egg) as soon as this trade goes through so I am no longer egg locked.

I ended up being egg locked for way longer than I thought because of a different trade; sorry about that. Leaving a 2G Two Finned Bluna. Just offer a dummy I can toss into the AP.

Taking: nothing for the moment.

Leaving: 5G even-gen Blacktip, what I call a mirror-checker with Royal Crimsons. Offer a dummy, leave something for the thread... you all know the drill.

Offer on the regal Blacktip!

Gone to skywatcher342, enjoy!

Edited by catstaff