SoulFang

Shingeki No Kyojin/Attack On Titan

Haven't actually watched the show but I do keep up with the spoilers and I have my own shippings. I'm waiting for the ending because I hate watching animes and reading mangas with sad endings so I'd rather be mildly disappointed through spoilers than by getting overly invested.

Chapter 53 is out. Interesting turn of events, I can't wait to see the next chapter.

Poor horse face. xd.png

I also feel sympathy for Armin too ;w;

To be honest, I thought Isayama was drawing Eren's face funny during the scene until I read a summary of chapter 53 and found out that it was actually Jean. ._.

I thought that too. Sometimes you can't be too sure of the art, so I was thinking maybe something happened to make Isayama draw his face like that. Then I realized Eren said something about "horse face" and realized it was Jean. It sort of helped when he turned his head from....WAIT, WAS THAT ARMIN. I DIDN'T REALIZE. ADJKLSDKSLDMSLAO NOOOOOOooo my poor babies.

Nice siggy by the way. Humanity's Greatest soldier got a career change to chopping fruit. xd.png

need i remind everyone of the rumor about the real-life movie apparently being released in 2018?

That was a fan made movie poster. There's no live-action Shingeki No Kyojin movie that'll be released in 2018.

There is however, a live-action Shingeki No Kyojin movie that will be released sometime in 2015.

Personally, I'm not expecting much from the live-action movie. Screenplay by Watanabe? The same guy who wrote the screenplay for the live-action movie of gatchaman? *shudders* Never heard of the other guy who'll be writing screenplay with Watanabe though. The director is someone who I've also never heard about but apparently has directed movies like Japan Sinks and Lorelei which are only decent movies at best from what I've heard.

Also, special effects in Japanese live-action shows/movies are pretty underwhelming from what I've seen. :/

Edited by ranger X92

Well, since this topic has died a bit...

user posted image

A little something I found a guy selling down the road from me. He was selling all sorts of stuff, including some really neat SNK stuff. That key is solid metal on a nice leather string....cant say this is what i'd expect someone to be selling at a shopping center! I always thought this stuff was sold online. Lucky score for me laugh.gif

Well, since this topic has died a bit...

user posted image

A little something I found a guy selling down the road from me. He was selling all sorts of stuff, including some really neat SNK stuff. That key is solid metal on a nice leather string....cant say this is what i'd expect someone to be selling at a shopping center! I always thought this stuff was sold online. Lucky score for me laugh.gif

Oh, that is just awesome! Looks so cool. You definitely lucked out, huh?

Now I wanna go find one. >u>

That key, though...

Has anyone read chapter 57 yet? The feels...Especially the last bit of the chapter.

Who wants to know something?

If this hadn't been discussed before, I read something. It was a theory of Armin's parents. Some of the people we never saw in SNK.

You heard that they died before SNK even started, right? Well, how did they die, exactly?

Well, I read this theory entry, and I see that this person wrote: what if his parents both were in the Reconn Corps?

That would explain a few things. One: they might have been on missions a lot. They get married and start to settle down, but they are still active. This explains why Eren and Armin knew each other since they were babies. Armin's parent's may have known Dr. Jäeger, who could've been a medic in the Reconn before settling down with Eren's mom. Explains why Dr. Jäeger specializes in medical stuff. Armin could have been looked after by his grandpa. Also, those books about the outside world? They might have not just "been there." They could have been found and brought back by his parents. Maybe, before their "final mission" they could have promised something else. They could have died in a mission, and Armin would never see them again. After all, the Reconn Corps DID go out into a land infested with powerful killers.

That ALSO explains why Armin was so depressed that he lost his grandpa in that mission. His grandpa was the ONLY family he had, after all. He lost his grandpa in a similar way he lost his parents.

Explanation enough? There was probably more I don't remember right now, but could if given the time to recall.

How was that?

Who wants to know something?

If this hadn't been discussed before, I read something. It was a theory of Armin's parents. Some of the people we never saw in SNK.

You heard that they died before SNK even started, right? Well, how did they die, exactly?

Well, I read this theory entry, and I see that this person wrote: what if his parents both were in the Reconn Corps?

That would explain a few things. One: they might have been on missions a lot. They get married and start to settle down, but they are still active. This explains why Eren and Armin knew each other since they were babies. Armin's parent's may have known Dr. Jäeger, who could've been a medic in the Reconn before settling down with Eren's mom. Explains why Dr. Jäeger specializes in medical stuff. Armin could have been looked after by his grandpa. Also, those books about the outside world? They might have not just "been there." They could have been found and brought back by his parents. Maybe, before their "final mission" they could have promised something else. They could have died in a mission, and Armin would never see them again. After all, the Reconn Corps DID go out into a land infested with powerful killers.

That ALSO explains why Armin was so depressed that he lost his grandpa in that mission. His grandpa was the ONLY family he had, after all. He lost his grandpa in a similar way he lost his parents.

Explanation enough? There was probably more I don't remember right now, but could if given the time to recall.

How was that?

You forgot one thing.

On a page, in a chapter, it shows Armins parents 'trying to escape in a hot air balloon' and being confronted with the Military Police, with guns.

That scene does not tie in with your theory.

Oh...sorry....I never read the manga |0 should I delete that?

Oh...sorry....I never read the manga |0 should I delete that?

It's ok.

I've followed the manga from the beginning and seen the anime.

Nah - It's got good points in it owo

It's ok.

I've followed the manga from the beginning and seen the anime.

Nah - It's got good points in it owo

Yeah it does. Like how Eren and Armin could've known each other as babies because of how their parents met.

I am happy I brought this thread back to life....with one other person |D

You forgot one thing.

On a page, in a chapter, it shows Armins parents 'trying to escape in a hot air balloon' and being confronted with the Military Police, with guns.

That scene does not tie in with your theory.

I though that couple was only theorized to be Armin's parents and it wasn't actually confirmed yet. It makes sense though.

And new chapter on Crunchyroll tomorrow. Excited to see what happens next.

I actually started watching it before I knew you could read it. wink.gif So I've seen the first couple of episodes, but I'm going to stop watching it. Two of my friends really love it, though, and I can see why. It's great! I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

I wish I could watch it, but my dad would freak out. Seriously. I wanna watch it,and got 5 episodes in ((though I know what happens even in the manga thanks to my sis spoiling us |D does that every time)) but my sis caught me and warned me. There goes that >:(