sparkle10184

Cookie Clicker

I just started this last night, so I'm only at 1,000,000 CPS or so.

is cool. (And actually the reason I started playing.)

EDIT: 10,000,000

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I am so totally addicted to this game right now. Ever since my friend gave me the link, I'm just running it in the background as I do work and reply to the forums. tongue.gif My CPS is...7680877.7. biggrin.gif

This popped up fast.

Sethbling made it in Minecraft too.

I'm going to bake some cookies now, right after i get this cookie ore...

WHY IS THIS A THING.

I sense my life is about to be ruined. *Clicks wildly*

xd.png Yeah, prepare for ruin, it's so addicting. Not really though, once you get going you can just run it in the background and hop in once in a while to buy stuff.

xd.png Yeah, prepare for ruin, it's so addicting. Not really though, once you get going you can just run it in the background and hop in once in a while to buy stuff.

If it couldn't run in the background without me paying attention I couldn't possibly justify it. blink.gif But as it is, here I am, at a desk for 8 hours a day, and every so often I can buy clickers and grandmas and everything else in the cookie production universe...

And darn it, now I want to eat a cookie. dry.gif

Yeah, that's how I am. (Minus wanting a cookie) Except every so often I buy an antimatter condenser or one of the fancy upgrades.

EDIT: Now I want a cookie

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I do not like the Grandmapocalypse.

Other than that, the game is pretty addicting. I like it.

Edited by TheAkatsuki

*Hasn't gotten to the grandmapocalypse yet* I'm looking forward to it, I assume it has somehting to do with this research center I've recently acquired? The one that keeps warning about how dangerous it is to continue?

*Hasn't gotten to the grandmapocalypse yet* I'm looking forward to it, I assume it has somehting to do with this research center I've recently acquired? The one that keeps warning about how dangerous it is to continue?

The Grandmapocalypse, so far as I know, only appears in the old version of the game. (The link is in the OP) If you're already playing the old version, then it should happen at around 2,000,000,000 (more/less) cookies acquired.

No, it was temporarily removed but has since been re-added. It's an event happens after you buy some certain upgrades from the bingo research facility and keeps escalating, with some consequences. You can turn it off, but the upgrade that turns it off removes 5% of your CPS unless you turn it back on again.

Edited by Switch

Hah, far from an achievement, actually. It basically fills the whole background with the grandma images, and then makes them flash with horror-like eyes, effects and the such. There's a special end-game item that you can buy to end it, though.

@Above: Hm, it's in the new version as well? I haven't seen it at all and it's been a while since I started playing.

Edited by TheAkatsuki

Hah, far from an achievement, actually. It basically fills the whole background with the grandma images, and then makes them flash with horror-like eyes, effects and the such. There's a special end-game item that you can buy to end it, though.

@Above: Hm, it's in the new version as well? I haven't seen it at all and it's been a while since I started playing.

Yeah, like I mentioned the methods are different and it's a little harder/takes a little longer to get. The images are different too and I think it's a bit more punishing. uwu

Edited by Switch

Yeah, like I mentioned the methods are different and it's a little harder/takes a little longer to get. The images are different too and I think it's a bit more punishing. uwu

Oh, hm.. Is there any way to avoid it? Which upgrades does it come with? I honestly would not want to see that again.. XD

Oh, hm.. Is there any way to avoid it? Which upgrades does it come with? I honestly would not want to see that again.. XD

It's triggered by buying the "One Mind" upgrade. After that I'm pretty sure there's no turning back without either selling every grandma or buying the 5% cps dropping "upgrade."

Here's a wiki article because of course this game has a wiki: http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Grandmapocalypse

I don't blame you for wanting to avoid it tbh. I had to turn it off because of the Red Cookies getting annoying. ;c

Edited by Switch

That's weird. I think that might be a glitch? Unless an option was added to turn it off for free like in Classic. ono

I know mine used to get stuck how it was if I switched tabs when it was either fading in or out... so sometimes i'd get an invisible grandmapocalypse too. Or a mostly invisible one.

Edited by Switch