sh20000sh

What's weather there right now?

In actuality, there is no such thing as heat lightning. What you are seeing is lightning in distant thunderstorms that are too far away for one to hear the thunder. When considering that strong to severe thunderstorm clouds can reach heights of 35,000 to 40,000 feet or more, cloud-to-cloud lightning in those storms can be seen as far as 100 miles away. Here's a more detailed answer: http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news...ng-a-myth/35089

Huh. That's pretty cool. I feel bad for anyone under that storm then. That was one heck of a light show. Thanks. ^^

It's nice out today, but I'm staying inside. Too much sun/heat yesterday.

Tropical Storm Arther off the coast. It's a little windy, but not too bad. Still in the low 90's and cloudy at times, but not too bad. Possible Tornado watches forecasted for later. Sigh~ joy. dry.gif

Getting dark. Thought we could open the windows instead of using the air condition, as soon as door was open I started to step back to get away from the heat that came through.

Again clear skies, the air itself seems hot and a warm wind is blowing. I know it's summer, but every summer til now has had slightly cold winds at this time. :(

Rather cooler than usual for July, but no sign of any storms! The power just came back on in my neighborhood after two days, right when the city news station began their story about the storm there.

Biiiigggg storm. With thunder and lightning and everything. It's dark and...yellowish outside? Looks kind of like an old photo.

It's 77 F. and very muggy. The humidity makes it seem much hotter than it really is. The forcast for tonight and tomorrow is for thunderstorms so that might actually be an improvement.

Still way early in the day.. 107°(41°C).... There's a kind of cool breeze for once and the sky is pretty cloudy for a change, can't say I like the humidity. sad.gif

Umm...well it was fine a few minutes ago. Next thing I hear is Thunder and rain comes pouring down. Sigh~ Florida weather. Can change on a dime. At least it's finally below 85 F dry.gif

Thunder and lightning outside. It was also pouring rain but it's calmed down a bit.

It is 72 degrees outside with almost no humidity and just a slight breeze. it is really nice out.

We have the three H's on Long Island, New York today: hazy, hot, & humid. The rain last night seems to have missed here but it poured in NYC.

We're still waiting to see what kind of rain we'll get as a result of Hurricane Arthur. It doesn't look like we will be directly in its path, but we will still get some rain.