sh20000sh

What's weather there right now?

My mom sent me this last weekend:

user posted image

And it's been almost -42 degrees Celsius not very far away from their place.

I like cold, but that's a bit much.

My mom sent me this last weekend:

user posted image

And it's been almost -42 degrees Celsius not very far away from their place.

I like cold, but that's a bit much.

daymn o-o sounds like siberia, we only got -22 here atm

I'm just enjoying the flood and rain here in my hometown Jakarta, Indonesia. It's been raining for several days and the country has declared natural disaster emergency after several other landslides, floods and storms.

Alternatively, I could be in Perth, Western Australia (where I stay to study) and enjoy the sizzling hot 44 degree Celcius weather (or up to 48 depending on where it is). There was a bushfire in Perth Hills as well.

Edited by Vocalia

Send some heat, please! So cold! I'm sitting indoors, and I'm still cold. Poor Dobermann has NOT moved from in front of our fireplace.

Temps have gone up 5 degrees since yesterday though, from -25C to -20C (not including the Wind Chill). So cold that my boss actually yelled at me for walking to work yesterday, instead of asking for a ride or waiting for my BF to pick me up at our house. His co-workers are always late to work to relieve him, so I figured I might as well walk. Plus, I grew up in this town and would often have to walk to school in these temps, back in the day tongue.gif Looks like it's going to get colder again. Brr.

Just checked the Weather Network for our local town:

Blowing Snow Warning (issued at 8:20PM EST Thursday, January 23 2014):

Blowing snow beginning Friday morning. An Arctic Low Pressure System will be tracking through Southern Ontario, Saturday. Very strong South-West winds of 40-60km/hr with gusts up to 80km/hr are forecast to begin Friday afternoon in advance of the low.

Wind Chill Warning (issued at 8:20PM EST Thursday, January 23 2014):

Cold Wind Chill values expected tonight and Friday morning. A cold Arctic air mass remains over much of Southern Ontario, with overnight lows once again to be expected in the minus twenties. Winds are forecast to pick up from the South-West in advance of a low pressure system, after Midnight. The combination of cold temperatures and moderate South-West winds are expected to generate wind chill values in the minus 30 to minus 35 range. Exercise caution when venturing outdoors as frostbite may occur on exposed skin in less than 10 minutes.

Edited by CDM

It's pleasant and cool here for a change. I wish it were raining, though. Rain makes everything better. :3

Cold but bright and sunny and a generous amount of snow on th ground, perfect winter weather! biggrin.gif

Very cold. It's like December when I was in kindergarten. We never have cold January mornings. ohmy.gif Well, except that started around last year.

Another storm system going through. Should clear up by Wednesday dry.gif

I like my extra days off (although I would rather have the moola) but my BF has come down with the Man-Flu, so being stuck in the house listening to him whine, is getting a bit old laugh.gif

Edited by CDM

The weather program is lying to me right now, it says it is sunny outside. But the weather might be right: It's cold and humid, with a grey sky, 9 Celsius.