sh20000sh

What's weather there right now?

Mild cold front weather - mid-fifties, slightly windy, and dreary (cloudy all day and always hinting of rain).

Though tell us it's mild when it doesn't get above 47 degrees tomorrow. (Which is cold for Florida.)

I shouldn't complain though. At least we're not subzero and we don't have to deal with black ice.

My principal finally cancelled school tommorrow, the wind chill was going to make the temperatures around -50F.

School has been cancelled again, the result of the same predicted -50F weather that is currently hitting Chicago right now.

I went outside with five layers of thick clothing for three minutes, and I was still cold. I'm sure many have already died.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

45 F degrees - cold by Florida's standards :P It's not gonna be very warm this week which means I can wear my new sweaters, yay~

Very, very cold (-15C, but feels more like -30C) and very snowy. We had 2' overnight-adding to the almost 3' feet we've had this week, and it hasn't stopped snowing! We can't open our front door to get out, our basement windows are covered, and even the bottom of our big, picture window in the living room is covered.

Not sure how I'm going to dig out to get to work tomorrow, if I can't get out the front door to dig out our front door blink.gif Manager said that my shift would most likely be cancelled...here's hoping! Highways are closed and most businesses closed by 4pm today. So glad we have gas heat.

edit: Just went outside with our dogs, and we have at least another foot! The snow is coming down so heavily that we could barely see our dogs, and they're BOTH black! The BF is going to have to climb our back gate to get to the front. It's a 6' gate (luck that he is over 6', lol) and the snow is almost at the top.

We got word that it is supposed to keep snowing like this for the next two days.

Edited by CDM

45 F degrees - cold by Florida's standards tongue.gif It's not gonna be very warm this week which means I can wear my new sweaters, yay~

Wanna swap? It's practically NEGATIVE 45 with windchill where I live. Or it was earlier.

I got called off work because of it.

Car this morning on way to work

user posted image

Windchill put us about -30 F

The best part is just in a couple months when summer hits we'll be around 90-100 F with high humidity.

Lol Missouri.

Our car. Even if I do have to work tomorrow, I think I'll walk there instead laugh.gif

user posted image

I decided to jump out of our front window, so that I could get to the front door and shovel what I could.

My landing spot tongue.gif The snow is up to my chest! And again, I'm 5'. I had to dig, breast-stroke, and kick my way out, lol.

user posted image

And my landing spot as seen from our now-shovelled front door. The window is to the far right.

user posted image

Those frozen bubble pics are stunning, Vhale! Thanks for the link. Will definitely go and have a peek.

Edited by CDM

This was linked off Fark.com. A woman got the idea to try blowing bubbles at 16 degrees and took pictures. It's pretty nifty :3

Many more pics and story with the link.

http://distractify.com/culture/arts/frozen...-in-wintertime/

user posted image

user posted image

those are so pretty.

It is back below zero, don't know windchill but it is cold. I think it might have gotten to 3 F this afternoon. The snowplow made a nice 3 ft wall of snow at the end of my driveway. Good thing I don't have to go anywhere. And have food. Buster the 10 lb min rat terrier tried to jump over a snowdrift and almost lost himself. Poor boy was not happy.

Wow those bubble pics are incredible.

I have to say I'm glad we didn't get that crazy amount of snow here. Just around 3 inches. The main roads are all clear and fine to drive on.

The side roads are another matter. Some incredibly amazing neighbor up the street plowed the hill on our street though. It's almost impossible to get up that when there's snow or ice on the road and the city doesn't bother plowing (seriously, I watched them drive by our house with the plow up... glad to see my tax money at work...).

We thought about leaving a $20 on the person up the street's truck wipers but it was too cold to get out and didn't know if they'd see it/someone would take it.

But, even with that complaining, at least we /can/ shovel and plow. That's an insane amount of snow up above!

As pretty much everyone else has said, COLD. It's 10F right now, but feels like -8 with the wind chill (and probably getting colder overnight/tomorrow). There's a severe cold blue alert out, but at least all our snow melted already and it doesn't look like we're getting more right now. Our pipes froze on Thursday or Friday and broke Saturday, so we ended up with a couple inches of frigid water in the basement. Got it out and the pipe fixed, but still not fun. We had almost no water for a couple days. I'm really hoping it doesn't happen again before it warms back up here.

Ahahaha, you poor souls. I'm relaxing in the nice coastal breeze near the beach. No snow at all, it's not even cold. I think I'm going to wear shorts tomorrow...biggrin.gif

It's below freezing. Not sure the degree atm, but I know this cold can cause hypothermia for sure. :/

I live in the Mid South of North America and it is COLD. Like 9 Degrees cold. Like car doors freezing shut cold. We had a lot of snow on Sunday and we're expecting more. It's so cold my dog's water bowl is completely frozen solid.

Sun's out, but it's 10 degrees F and the low tonight is 6. Last night it was -5 or so. xP Ice everywhere, eesh.

Partly Cloudy, 80F.... Still in America, well, in Guam... Can I steal some of that snow you are getting, Mainland America? It is too hot here...