sh20000sh

What's weather there right now?

-15 with a windchill of -35 tonight. 8D; i have to walk home from work and i'm going to die

Edited by Katie92

Hah, its cold. I went to go put water outside for my chickens, the pot of (hot) water was forming ice crystals before I was halfway there. xd.png its also realllly windy. I saw a bird flying backwards. Lol

user posted image

Katie92, harlequinraven, good luck and dress well! It's not that bad if you're dressed properly. *in tones of a tour guide* Take note of the shoes - traditional Russian "valenki". Alas, Englishmen don't have a corresponding footwear, it's sort of thick woolen felt slipper, calf-length, good with woollen socks.

Downsides: Bad in wet weather and need to be brushed off when coming into warmth (although there are options, rubber shoes for your shoes, sounds crazy?).

Upsides: Warm. Fit your feet perfectly. What else do you need in snowy times?!

Pity that some people think these shoes are unfashionable (aka, not "dainty") - they allow you to move your toes, which is invaluabale to prevent freezing them off smile.gifYep, I know from experience... I tried waiting for the bus in pretty, skin-tight boots. I was told the weather was not very cold, but half an hour later we had to cancel the trip and retreat to unthaw my poor tootsies biggrin.gif

Eh- Its evening right now, so cool, with a little bit of frost. There's still snow on the ground. Welcome to Canada.

Insane snow. Almost a foot and it's supposed to keep going. Super cold and I've never seen this much snow ever <3

Cold and snowy- I moved from -Alaska- to Maine, and it's snowier and colder -here- than it was in Alaska so far. Wow. laugh.gif