deadnotsleeping

Sphaera Project

Should we have a Uncommon/Rare only Sphaera Line?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have heard nothing back from Genavelle, Hazel360, or deathsnake951 about their interest in continuing.  sad.gif

Now that Sphaera I is just about completing its first round, maybe it is time to revive Sphaera II. Deblob never posted back again after asking if we wanted her to breed an egg for that line. I think I will attempt to send her both a PM and an email and ask her to breed an egg and send it to dragonpuck. We were going to reorder that list, though, I believe. Could you have another look at that and suggest where the egg should go from there?

Well, if you PMed them, and they still didn't react so far, I guess we'll have to consider them gone for now.

About Sphaera II:

Right now, I count a list of 17 supposedly active people.

Lantean_Pegasus

purplehaze

SockPuppetStrangler

Tardigrade

Troubletail

SilvorMoon

Flaviel

Cecona

Zerhai

dustpuppy

Pesadilla

dragonpuck ---------x (restart Sphaera II)

Lindy

Windy

kiramaru7

BringsTheSnow

RulenneClarissa -----x Sphaera I

We could just restart Sphaera II and keep the list. That way it isn't exactly a distance of 50/50, but rather 70/30, but Sphaera II being the "Uncommon/Rare" line we could speculate on the probability that it will move slower, thus sliding more in the direction of 50/50 over time.

My second idea would be to ask the people who wanted to join if that's still the case (and if they own any uncommons/rares). Those who do could be added in right after dragonpuck, thus stretching the distance between Sphaera I and II. (So the new members would get a Sphaera II in the immediate future, but they would have to wait a while for Sphaera I.)

Or we take the people and create a completely different list for Sphaera II, but that would be my least favourite option, since it might create some confusion.

In any case I think it would be a good thing to:

- contact Tardigrade, Troubletail and dustpuppy to ask if they are still with the project (Everyone else said so between March and today, so I hope that's still valid.)

- define a new list for uncommons/rares regarding Sphaera II (The old one is incomplete, and some dragons on it might be considered commons, nowadays.)

@BringsTheSnow & RulenneClarissa:

Huzzah for a new little Sphaera ! laugh.gif The Electric looks good with the Fever, but man, those Wyverns are a stubborn bunch ! Let's see if the next mate can break the Fever... *ouch - pun* wink.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Deblob, after posting here once offering to breed for Sphaera II, seems to have disappeared again. She has not responded to the PM or email I sent, as far as I know. At least dragonpuck has not indicated that she ever got an egg and I never got a reply from Deblob. We may have to go back to Pesadilla again for another egg.

I am not sure at this point about Sphaera II. I was just looking at some of the breeds we listed as uncommon and they seem now to be dirt common, so that list might move as quickly as the other unless we stick to "rares". blink.gif

I am not sure at this point about Sphaera II. I was just looking at some of the breeds we listed as uncommon and they seem now to be dirt common, so that list might move as quickly as the other unless we stick to "rares". blink.gif

Yep, that's what I thought, too. That's why I suggested making a new list. Some brainstorming:

Absolutely:

- Blusang

- Golden Wyvern

- Seasonals (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)

- Ice

- Magma

- Thunder

- Copper

- Gold

- Silver

- Guardian of Nature (That's supposing they don't work out to be unbreedable with anything other than Frills and some holidays.)

- Bright Pink (If we accept "normal" Pinks to be uncommon enough when produced as children, but I'd do that.)

- Holidays (only paired with a non-holiday Sphaera, or at a date when they themselves or the holiday Sphaera can produce their own kind)

- Frill (only paired with a non-holiday Sphaera, or at a date when the holiday Sphaera can produce their own kind)

- Oh, and CB Prizes. Yes, I know, ridiculous, but I wanted to be thorough. wink.gif

Probably:

- useful BSAs (Pink, Red, Purple, Magi (?))

- Black

- White

- Vine

- Tsunami

- Nebula

Maybe:

- Royal Blue

- Hellfire

- Daydream (I don't see them in the biomes very often)

- Pillow

- Swallowtail

- Balloon

I'm not sure about Stripes, Sunrise/Sunsets, Sunsongs and Embers. I have the feeling that I see them fairly often now, but that might just be random chance...

Special:

- Red Dorsal and Tan Ridgewing

They are quite uncommon themselves, but if they produce a common purple offspring we'll probably never get rid of it in the lineage (or at least not for quite some time, breeding them only with rares and uncommons). So we'd either have to say that you'd have to try until you get a Red/Tan (or the other partner) to hand it to the next player in line, or we have to keep them out entirely.

That's all I can come up with so far. What do you think ?

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

On-topic with what to do when we reach the end of the Sphaera I list, perhaps we should open sign-ups again? I mean, the current first post has a lot of information on it, and looks like it says that new people are not allowed to sign up. If we have more people joining, then the Sphaera I lineage will at least keep going.

I'm not sure if I understand what the problem around the Sphaera II and Sphaera III lineages are, since I was not around when these lines were introduced (heck, I'm not even sure how my name got onto them at all o_O).

That's all I can come up with so far. What do you think ?

I personally would not consider Royal Blue or Daydream as an uncommon as I have encountered them quite frequently in the biomes.

Just to check, is the intention to only breed using CB's? That was my understanding.

As far as opening signups again I think it would be a good idea. There was some interest shown recently for people who wanted to join.

Just my 2₵

-sofi

I don't really feel too qualified to comment on rarities. Input from someone who does more cave hunting than me would probably be good here.

I agree with all of LP's "absolutely" list. CB pinks and reds are pretty uncommon, I think, but not so much purple and magi (I feel like I see those pretty regularly.) The rest of the "probably" list seems okay to me. It is the "maybe" that I really don't feel qualified to comment on, so input from frequent cave hunters would be appreciated here. While red dorsals and tan ridgewings may be uncommon, I would not include them because of the breeding chances there.

I think I would like to see the list reopened, at least for those who have already requested to be added. If the majority feels that way, I could PM all who requested since the list was closed to see if they are still interested.

The young man grew up but refused his first mate. I'll try a different one once he's off cooldown.

I wonder if their offspring will still be a fever? tongue.gif

Hey, look, there's a cure for the fever ! wink.gif

That little one is beautiful - and I love the code. It looks almost like Cupid. If there isn't anyone else who wants it for a lineage or something, I'd love to take it in.

Maybe I should try the same pairing with my Sphaera? Or maybe it will be yet another Fever, as irony loves it tongue.gif

I wan't able to break the fever T_T

I'll send the egg over to Genavelle, maybe her dragons will have better luck.

By the way, for the uncommon line, since the GoN are now breedable, they could be added to the uncommon/rare breeds for the lineage.

@RulenneClarissa:

Since Genavelle didn't answer to purplehaze's PM I think she isn't active in the Sphaera project anymore. Since that goes for all the last people on the old list, I think the egg should go either to someone who wants to sign up, or back to the top of the list - which would be me. wink.gif

Has anyone signed up, who has not been added to the first post (I've been basing PM's off of that list)?

Well, the list was closed because it was getting so long. Then deadnotsleeping had personal difficulties and went inactive, at least temporarily. I was sort of trying to get things going again, by sending PMs to people on the list. I think everyone who answered me now has a Sphaera dragon. There have been a few people who have asked if they could join, even though the list is closed, but there is no way to add them to the first post. If other members agree that they should be allowed to join, I could add them to my post where I was trying to keep track. I don't want to make major decisions about the lineage on my own, though, since it is not really my project.

Ah, I thought the idea was to see how long the lineage was kept going, but I suppose cycling back would also work.

The question remains - I currently have an egg (4d12h), shoudl I sent it to one of the newer people, or to give it to Lantean_Pegasus to re-start the cycle? I don't mind letting the dragon hatch on my scroll, or breeding the pair again later (although I'm not sure if I can break the Fever... which pairing was it before?)

Well, the announcement in the first post says "Liniage is Currently closed to new members until everyone on the list has gotten an egg." Which sounds like the plan was to reopen it later. But, there is also the part of the post where DNS is proposing the idea for the lineage and that says "just to see how far it could go? round and round and round..." which is a little confusing and contradictory. The round and round part sounds like it will cycle around, which fits with the circle or Sphere, but the see how far it could go part sounds like it is intended to keep going on.

Maybe we can do both. Add new people as we go along, but also keep cycling back? I know that doesn't really answer your question about this egg. I just don't feel like I should be making the decision about what happens next and I wish some other members would weigh in.

Edited to add:

I have updated my progress post

There appear to be only three people who have asked to be added since the line was closed to new members. Maybe we could work them in as we go back around?

Edited by purplehaze

I'm all for working in new members. (At least as long as there aren't too many. Three to five sounds fine.) After all we lost some people, too, so we just get back to the old numbers.

And I thought the whole Sphaera (sphere, something round) name was an indicator for a circling lineage, and the "how far will it go" part meant "how many generations can we reach that way". At least that's the only way for me to read the statement without it being contradictory.

If we can get hold of a new member in time, give the new Sphaera to them. If not, I should take it in, and we work the people into the list.

@RulenneClarissa:

If the little one hatches at your scroll, could you spare a Pink to influence it female ? (I think it would look neat to keep the spiral...)

I'm all for working in new members. (At least as long as there aren't too many. Three to five sounds fine.) After all we lost some people, too, so we just get back to the old numbers.

And I thought the whole Sphaera (sphere, something round) name was an indicator for a circling lineage, and the "how far will it go" part meant "how many generations can we reach that way". At least that's the only way for me to read the statement without it being contradictory.

If we can get hold of a new member in time, give the new Sphaera to them. If not, I should take it in, and we work the people into the list.

@RulenneClarissa:

If the little one hatches at your scroll, could you spare a Pink to influence it female ? (I think it would look neat to keep the spiral...)

The little one has already been influenced, don't worry :3 (I like the spiraling lineage too laugh.gif)

@purplehaze, do you meant that we start over and include the 3 new people in the second run, or that we include them as the last people of the first run?

Sorry, I'm still a bit confused with wording and such, but I do see the meaning behind 'round and round and round' if that's what was initially meant.

Well, we have lost a good many people from the original list, so I do think we can work in a few new people.

I really do like the idea of the cycle and sort of did think that was the original idea.

@RC - I was posting at the same time you were. I think perhaps we should sort of alternate between old and new until the new people are worked in to the cycle. It has been awhile since those new people asked to join, too, so they also may have lost interest by now. I can make up a new list if that plan sounds okay to everyone, so it will be clearer.

Edited by purplehaze

Well, we have lost a good many people from the original list, so I do think we can work in a few new people.

I really do like the idea of the cycle and sort of did think that was the original idea.

@RC - I was posting at the same time you were. I think perhaps we should sort of alternate between old and new until the new people are worked in to the cycle. It has been awhile since those new people asked to join, too, so they also may have lost interest by now. I can make up a new list if that plan sounds okay to everyone, so it will be clearer.

Sounds like a plan - I like it. I can also help with PM's since I'm free starting tomorrow evening smile.gif

As I said, I only found 3 people who had asked to join since the list was closed. I don't know if I might have missed anyone.

These are the three:

Delphiniuma

Dewdropmon

ReverieV3

If you would like to PM them and see if they are still interested that would be great! Just let me know what you find out and I will add them into the list.

RulenneClarissa alerted me to the fact that you guys are staring this project up again and I am still interested in being part of it.

I'll come back in for Sphaera I and II.

Edited by DarkShinyLugia