XxDragonletxX

The Unknown Paradise

user posted image

"Haha, I doubt mine'll be made of fire though!" Nate joked. He scaled up the tree right above her, and tickled her belly with his own tail. He looked in the distance, and saw a large wave out on the ocean. It was getting larger as it approached the beach. He only worried a bit, though, as he was sure they were far enough away.

Chess: She meeps when she sees the wave. Swinging she swings up and flaps her wings hard, flying high enough to perch next to him. "We need to climb as high as possible." She says noticing how large the wave is getting. She leaps from branch to branch until she can get high as possible. "Thats a big wave, I sense Danger." She says as she sees the forest creatures running from the beach deep into the forest.

user posted image

Nate realized that he was probably wrong, especially when he saw the wave getting bigger than he thought it would.

"We can't stay in this tree, when that wave hits it, we're going down. Well, maybe not you. We need to get further inland. Better yet, you can fly above it and I can use my forcefield to protect me." Without warning, they touched foreheads, and Nate jumped out of the tree. He started running away from the wave as fast as he could go. He decided he had a good 30 seconds to get as far from the beach as possible. He generated his forcefield now, though, just to be safe.

~Get up in the air, Chess. I'll be alright.~

Chess:

~"A-are you sure?"~ She replies worriedly as she leaps from the tree and spreads her wings, she glides swiftly through the air, dipping and diving in the wind before landing in another tree and repeating the process. She turns back and sees the wave hit the mainland, flooding it and causing more and more waves to follow. She yells in worry her voice loud "HURRY! NATE HURRY!" She screams

user posted image

~I'm alright, I'm alright! Forcefield, remember?~ Nate was trying his best to calm down Chess, but he guessed it was gonna be hard since they couldn't really make sure each other was safe. He kept running, and was engulfed by water up to his back. The wave pushed him along strongly. His forcefield protected him from the tons of debris that the wave had picked up alongside him. Now all he had to do was figure out a way to get out of the water before it receded back into the ocean...

Wow, dangerous day today. He thought.

((Dancing class and shopping with my mom sucks...))

Novia blinked. "I guess." She replied back, still staring directly into the Ember's eyes. She waited for the Ember to say something again, as she didn't really want to waste energy speaking.

Maer:

He blushes and kind of edges away.

Chess:

She thinks for a split second and swoops down. Using her hind legs she grabs his arms and flaps her wings hard she goes into the air with him, gliding slightly past the area where he was attacked by the T-Rex. She starts to lose her grip and lets go of him near the ground, so she wouldn't hurt him and collapses weakly.

Novia stared at Maer in confusion. Her stomach grumbled suddenly, and she started to blush a bit too. "...Right. I'm hungry." She said, quickly losing her blush. She focused her attention back on the ember hatchling for a minute. "Do you know where some good hunting places are?" She asked. "If so, could you perhaps show me where?" She said, and made an actual visible smile this time.

Maer:

He smiles and nods. "Follow me." He makes his way out of the cave and parallel to the cave entrance. He shows her the path that leads to a few dens of a few creatures. "You can have your choice of predator or prey." He grins and sits there.

Novia looked at the ember. "Which one is which?" She asked. She wasn't very picky with food, but she wanted to make sure just in case. Her starry eyes showed almost no emotion, but it certainly showed some interest. "Why don't you show me your skills?" Novia said to him. She was curious on how the ember seemed to hunt.

Maer:

"Okay then." He grins and closes his eyes, his markings dull so much that he looks dead. He slinks forward slowly and sniffs, finding the scent of a wild saber-boar he grins again and slinks in the direction. Spotting it he makes a pitiful squeal and flops to the ground like he's dead. That causes the boar to cautiously come over and sniff him, but as the boar is sniffing him her lunges at its throat and tears its throat out with his sharp teeth. The warm blood of the boar spurts and squirts everywhere, spraying everything in sight. Maer snarls and tears the head of the boar slightly from its body, killing the boar instantly. "See"

Novia nodded at the ember. "I see. Wait for a few seconds then, alright?" She said. "Time Toketsu." She quietly chanted. Time almost stopped immediately as she chanted her magic words. Novia ran and searched until she had found a running rabbit frozen. She quickly snatched it by the neck with her jaws and ran back with the still-alive rabbit struggling from her mouth's grasp.

In the unfrozen world, Novia pretty much disappeared for three seconds or so and appeared back quickly with a rabbit in her jaws, although it was still alive.

Novia tilted her head in confusion. She placed the rabbit that was still alive on the floor, letting it escape from her. "What? Is there something wrong?" She asked the ember dragon who was gaping. She watched as the rabbit ran from her, eventually disappearing from her sight.

user posted image

Nate suddenly felt like he was being picked up... It was Chess! He was relieved. They flew for a short time, before he was gently set down a safe distance from the wave. He saw Chess collapse, and he ran over to her.

"Chess?? It was me, wasn't it? Darn it Chess, I told you I would be okay! You didn't have to do that." He nuzzled her gently and laid beside her.

((Hmm.. you could probably go exploring, and come across Chess and Nate if you would like.))

Edited by skiddajane

Maer:

He grins "That was amazing it's like you Disappeared the reappeared!"

Chess:

"There was something in the water!" She looks at him and nuzzles his cheek and presses her forehead to his. "I'm fine its just my wings aren't that strong." She cuddles up to him, her wings folding against her sides and arms. They watch as the water floods near them "This day has been so strange..."

Zion thought for a moment, "Didn't you want someone to help you on a patrol. We could go do that." Zion knew she was wanting others to help protect the cave, and that was what he did, except he was inside all the time.

Novia only blinked unemotionally. "I suppose I did." She said to Maer, and went over to the boar. She looked at the ember dragon. "Ember dragon, do you want to eat some of it? You are the one killed it, after all." Novia asked.

Maer:

"You go ahead, Ladies first." He grins with a dumbfound look.

Edited by Sylviinael

user posted image

Namiko cleaned out the insides of the raptor in the stomach region and was full. His body started to gently disappear and all of the food and blood remnants on his skin fell to the ground before he resurfaced. The trunks of the trees and scraggly bushes could be seen through his body, but through a tinted white screen. Now that he had energy to spare, a light mist rolled off his body and into a circle on the ground. He walked forward and sniffed the air.

A jolt of electricity tingled through his chest and spine. Yes! He was giddy with joy. The shadowwalker ran through the forest until he came to a tiny clearing. In the middle of it was a prize. He ventured forth and sniffed at a batch of small white elliptical stones. Eggs. They were in a nest dun into the ground and they were all his. He raised a paw and smashed two under it. Their contents spilled and oozed out into the rest of the nest. He romped through the rest of them.

Then, a roar and a sound like steam and hissing foam. He looked behind him in time to see a massive wall of water as it crashed down upon him. Large bubbles of air exploded from his mouth as he was flattened. In his current semi-corporeal form he was crushed and forced against the ground, then ripped sideways, smashing into trees that were being broken by the wave. Namiko had enough sense in the daze he had been put in to phaze out of reality almost completely. The water deposited him far away from his starting point and bedraggled as muddy water pooled around him.

He coughed up water and gasped in air. He felt as if his lung had exploded and his body forced him to screech, a high-pitched drawn out wail, as a long strand of breath was brought into him. The pain made him cry. He hadn't been fast enough to avoid whatever that was. Had it been some sort of water dragon seeking to wipe out the island? His body shivered and became racked with involuntary sobs. He tried to speak, to audibly tell himself 'stop it', but that too came out as a terrible howl followed by furious hyperventilation.

user posted image

"I know. I think I've had enough danger for quite a while..." Nate said. "It really IS dangerous out here. You can't even play on the beach without getting swept away by a tsunami! Which reminds me..." He opened his claw to reveal the red shell. He smiled at Chess.

Edited by skiddajane

Novia nodded and ate some parts of the boar, leaving quite a bit of leftovers behind. "You are next ember." Novia stared at the ember. She moved away from the corpse so the other hatchling may eat the other share.

(Sorry! I feel asleep in the shower! (#>Д<))

user posted image

She followed the dragon without question. Though she was still wary, her stomach had taken control now.

user posted image

Clair licked her lips even more at the sight of the squirrel. She hardly waited; she dashed for it as soon as she spotted it. Clair grabbed it quickly and tore it to shreds hile it was still alive. She ate what was left, leaving a very gory scene behind. It couldn't have been pretty to watch, it was probably scarring, even. Yet, the feeling of flesh tearing beneath her claws, the blood in her mouth, the squealing of the creature as she killed it; she loved it all. 'It felt so good... She thought with an evil grin on her face.