XxDragonletxX

The Unknown Paradise

Chessayia:

She yawns and wakes up. Her eyes are blurry and she rubs her eyes, "Huh? Wheres Soul?" She leaps from the branch. She pads around before yelping loudly when a huge snake launches out at her, biting her throat. She backs up and faints from the toxins. Her eyes close as the snake slithers away from her. Her mind is cloudy with the toxins so she can't remember where she.

A golden egg shook side to side in the cave. Inside, the hatchling moved around violently. It suddenly stopped, then golden spiked pierced the shell. They spun in a saw like manner, slicing the egg shell down the middle. The hatchling sat in the middle and looked around. "Hello? Anyone?"

She opens her eyes and rolls onto her side with a silent groan...Wait Silent?! She calls out but its a hoarse whisper. She returns to the cave to wait for Soul, there she sees a hatchling. She smiles and pads over there, speaking softly "Hello there. I'm Chessayia. What's your name?" She smiles again and pads closer.

user posted image

Soul landed from the fall and she was now in the big clearing, but she didn't stop to look around. She turned around as she heard a yelp. A familiar yelp... "Chessayia!" Soul cried, she scrambled back up the slope quickly and bounded through the forest to return back to the place where she was sleeping. "I'm coming!" She called out again. Then, she heard a screech and the loud beating of wings. A creature swooped at her from above. It looked like a Coastal Waverunner. But only, it was larger... and purple. It stared down at her with beady eyes, a crest came out of it's head and curved backwards. It screeched again and swooped down, with it's two legs, the curved talons on it's foot gleaming. Soul wondered what it was. Then a word popped into her head. 'Pteranodon.' She ducked again as it came near her. She abruptly stops near the snake who had bitten Chessayia. It turns around and hisses at her, ready to strike. Soul let's out a growl. "So hurting my freind wasn't enough for you? You have picked with the wrong Soulpeace to mess with, buster!" Just as she gets ready to pounce, the 'Pteranodon' swoops down and grabs the snake in it's beak, flying off as the snake wriggled wildly in an attempt to escape. "It's too late now. The Pteranodon has got you, and it is unstoppable now." Soul whispers quietly, watching as it flew off.

Soul turned and padded into the cave to greet the hatchlings. "Hello, Chessayia, I hope your ok." She nods and turns to face the golden hatchling. His scales seemed to look like real gold. "Welcome to the Valley!" She chirped up, cheerful of the new hatchling's arrival.

Edited by XxDragonletxX

The hatchling lowered his head nervously.

"My name is Zion. Why are there only two of you?"

He expected more hatched dragons before him.

She whispers "We were early hatchers. Their all coming. But for now its just us... Hungry? I can help you hunt." She smiles and rubs the snake bite on her throat before looking around for soul. "Soul!" She calls as loudly as possible but its barely able to get over a loud whisper. She pouts and lays down on her old egg shell.

Zion looked at her confused, "What happened to you? Your so quiet..." He looked concerned at the sight of the bite marks. He was afraid of a similar fate.

"Snake bite, I had climbed from a tree and stepped on its tail without knowing and it bit me. You have to be careful it's dangerous out there." She says before looking out the cave entrance. She pads outside and goes into the bushes. She sniffs and sniffs until she finds the scent of a rabbit. 'Mmmm Rabbit. Sounds good to me.' She thinks to herself as she follows the scent. 'I can just taste the sweet nectary bones and the meaty flesh.'

Zion stayed put. If what she said was true, he really didn't want to go outside unless he really needed to. This world wasn't what he expected. He thought he wake to love and kindness. To endless food and constant friends. No, he woke up in a dirt hole will little company and dangerous creatures about.

user posted image

Soul's eyes were filled with sadness as she wached Chesseyia walk away. Why did that stupid snake have to bite her? Why did it have to interfere? Now that Soul knew how dangerous this Valley was, she would have to be cautious. And that would mean LESS exploring. She turned to stare at Zion and saw the worried look in his eyes. "Don't worry." She said assuringly, to him. "We'll protect you. Don't worry. With us all together, we can overcome everything!" She exclaimed, but inside, she wasn't so sure. And she wasn't sure either if she could convince the hatchling. She just wanted to break down and admit all of her fears, but she had to stay strong. For her freinds. For the sake of all hatchlings and dragons. She just had to.

She walked over to one of the many eggs in the cave. She raised up a paw to touch the surface of the egg and felt it's cool shell. "Once we have enough company.."

Edited by XxDragonletxX

user posted image

Lyrith felt warm up against his egg. He curled up into a more snug postition. 'Perfect.' He finally closed his eyees, feeling safe in sound. Suddenly, his home felt too cramped for him, as if he had grown bigger. Grunting in pain, he lashed out with his hind legs in surprise, and striked one of the walls beside him. Light seeped in from the crack, and Lyrith, being curious, pawed at the cracks until they were large enough for him to get out. He stumbled and rolled out of his egg, head over paws. He ended up landing on the ground, arms splayed out. He looked at the other hatchlings upside down, an expression of pure emberrasment on his face. "Erm.. ehh... hello?" He said in a confused voice

Zion sat silent and looked at the ground. He wondered if he should have left his egg... no. He should be proud to make it out. Proud of his gold heritage. Proud that he amongst others was going to survive this place. He looked up at Soul and smiled, "Alright. I'm with you then."

user posted image

Soul nodded at Zion, smiling. "Alright." Soul quickly said, regaining her posture. "Me and Chesseyia are glad to have you, we'll make it through this Valley, you see." Gesturing to the newly hatched Sweetling. "We already have 4 hatchlings in total. Safety in numbers..." She paused. "I'm going to explore the island a bit. Maybe I can find a dragon and ask him what's going on."

Edited by XxDragonletxX

Zion nodded to Soul, "Alright then. I'll hold here then." He then turned his attention to Sweetling, "Hello. My name is Zion, that was Soul who just spoke. Who are you?"

user posted image

Lyrith sat up fully now, dusting off his scales, still a bit emberassed. "I'm Lyrith... or just call me Lyr." He replied in a strange voice, he glanced up at Zion. "So that was Soul, ehh? The Soulpeace?" He asked, staring after her. "Are there any other hatchlings around besides you and her?" He was intrested in this little cave... and the hatchlings who inhabbited it. Yawning and stretched. "I'll go scavenge for a bit." He replied and padded out of the cave. He barely walked for a few seconds before he spotted a squirrel carcass right beside the cave. Eyeing it warily, he dragged it back inside and began to eat of it. He looked up. "Want some?" He replied gruffly.

Chessayia:

She comes back with the rabbit in her mouth, her snake bite leaking some of her blood, but she doesn't mind. She goes and sits on her old shell, a little bigger than it. She tears some of the food into pieces and eats it, eating the bones and all. "Hello there." She says to the sweetling in her whisper hoarse voice.

"Just us four. This is Chessayia, she got bit by some snake, so she has to whisper." Zion gave a concerned glance to her. He then looked at the food. "I'm not that hungry now, so I'll pass."

She smiles at Zion and wipes away the little line of blood. She finishes her food and yawns. She lets out a soft cough and looks for Soul, "Zion, where's Soul?"

Zion picked at the ground a little, "She went out to explore a little and then come back."

user posted image

Soul padded through the forest, lightly stepping over branches and twigs to avoid pricking her paw-pads. She often stopped to get some water by licking the dew off of leaves and hunt nearby common animals like squirrel and mice. Feeling pretty satisfied, Soul continued on. She sniffed the air. She could smell water, but there was a strange tinge to it. Walking on, Soul discovered a pool nearby. The water was tinted with a bit of black. And smoke rose into the air nearby. Soul felt a sense of dread at the pool. But she pushed her worry away and padded up to it to take a drink so that she could wash the food down in her belly. Just as she stepped up, a young doe came into the clearing. It leaned down and took a sip of water. And half a minute later, the doe began coughing and stumbling. It collapsed to the ground, convulsing, it's eyes wide with fear.

Petrified at the sight, Soul quickly stumbled away from the "Death-pool", and began to scramble into the undergrowth of the forest to continue searching for the adult dragon. Her knees felt weak, and so did he stomach. She looked around warily, the scene of the young doe flashed in her mind over and over again. How would she protect her freinds now? Then, anger flared up in the Soulpeace's bright yellow eyes. No! It wouldn't end this way! This was HER home and SHE was going to make the best of it! And she needed to find answers. Soon, her thoughts became troubled as she padded along, she was no longer aware of the souroundings around her.

((So many edits... grammar is failing me.))

Edited by XxDragonletxX

Chessayia:

She slinks through all the eggs, occasionally looking at them with pure red slitted eyes. Her claws dig little furrows into the soil as she walks. Sensing a presence near her she growls, and yet the bite had muted her; her growl is extremely loud. A young coyote alpha comes bursting through the bushes. They have a stand off and she lunges at him, her claws tearing into his eye sockets and her teeth biting his throat. He shakes her around but she bites harder killing the coyote.She devours the coyotes meat and heads on, unsure on where to go she climbs a tree to scout around.

Zion got bored as he sat in the cave. He took a few steps outside to look around. He got an idea and gathered together some stones, twigs, leaves and other items together. He got to work. At the end off it all, his entrance to the cave was perfected. It was think, durable and small in size. Hatchlings can get in and out, but bigger creatures would not see the hole or be able to enter. The only downside would be creatures such as snakes.

user posted image

Paw-pads bleeding, Soul stumbled through the forest. 'I.. think i'll rest for a while...' Soul got down on her knees, panting, she had been walking for yards. Then, she felt something.. furry? She looked down to see a clump of rabbit fur under her paws. She sniffed it, it smelled like a rabbit, but another scent hung around the item:

The scent of a full grown dragon.

With an emotion mingled with fear and gladness, Soul followed the scent, now galloping through the undergrowth of the forest. The scent stopped at a couple of bushes, the smell was so overpowering that Soul had to literally keep herself from gagging. She peered out of a gap in the leaves and branches. Right there in the clearing, laying on it's side was a full grown Orchedrake, it's tan scales now dull and almost pale. "H-hello." Soul said in a tender, soft voice, cautiously stepping near the old drake. The Orchedrake lifted up it's head, bones creaking with age. It barely opened an eye "What do you want?" It grunted. "Can you please tell me and my freinds what's going on in the Valley?" Soul asked, she sounded as if she was begging. "What freinds?" The drake grunted again, sounding bemused this time. "I'll be right back!" Soul shouted and bounded across the forest and bursting into the cave, out of breath. "Come! Quick! I found... a... a dragon!"

Zion looked up, "Yeah. So did I. It's right there." He points at her with one of his paws. "I hope you found it and I didn't find you Soul. Don't need something that big testing my new cave entrance."

user posted image

Lyrith looked up as the Soulpeace returned. What? Finding a dragon? Why? Anger flared up in his eyes for a moment before it faltered and completely vanished. "Why were you looking for a dragon?" He asked, his tone sounding a bit angry. He didn't want some full grown adult bursting into their cave, attacking them and taking all of the food they had caught. But he looked up to see that part of the cave's entrance was sealed with stone and twigs.