chicbecause

Barnacle Battlefront

"You seem very happy." Tabachi observed, smiling back at her. He wondered if she'd ever tell him about her past life. And how she came to be here....

"I'm happy because I am. We all can't mope around and be sad. Besides, I can't remember much of my life anyway. Just a couple things." she said, shrugging. "I do remember that I was a class clown, though. Gotta keep my own memory alive!" She wondered how many times her mother yelled at her, just from the snippets of memory she had. How many times had she deserved it though? Diana seemed like a nice enough kid.

"Yeah, I was the funny guy too." Hikaru replied, his smile growing.

"Still am, as a matter of fact." He added, sticking out his tongue.

They reached the cafeteria and Tabachi immediately grabbed their food and sat down with Diana.

"Hey, this is kinda like a date, ya' know?" He observed.

Diana dug into her plate, smiling as she ate. She nearly choked on her noodles when he mentioned how it was like a date. She managed to swallow her noodles before answering. "A date? Aren't there supposed to be candles or something? Not to mention we both need to actually be alive to date?"

"We don't need candles. My mouth is already on fire from this tofu. And vampires can date and stuff. Why can't we?" He countered, before chugging down more water. This stuff was really as hot as they say!!

"Haha, I mean... what if one day we get obliterated? Then going out won't have mattered at all." Diana said, putting down her chopsticks. She was finished with her meal already. She was kind of a pig in that sense, always gobbling up her food first. "Or what if we have boyfriends back there? Would it be cheating, I mean, we never really broke up."

".... Well, I'm a guy so I wouldn't have a boyfriend. And we died. Why would it be cheating if we're dead?" Tabachi asked, eating more of his food. Suddenly a thought struck him. Why was he wanting it to be a date anyway??.... Did he like Diana?.... He thought about it for a while, watching her sit there. Yes. He did.

"I dunno. Just... we all have to be obliterated at some point right?" Diana said, putting down her fork and knife. "But... I suppose I don't remember any boyfriend, so it couldn't hurt, could it?" she mused. "However, I just got here! I mean, I don't know how any of this works yet, or how I died. It's... it's a lot to take in just a day man."

"Yeah, I understand." Tabachi said, his heart sinking a bit. "Tsuki says she's been here for two years. I've been here for around six months. Who knows how long Hatsu's been here..."

He thought in silence for a moment.

"What do you remember from your life? I mean... If you want to talk about it. Its probably weird talking about it to a guy you met a few days ago... In the afterlife. If you don't wanna tell me that's fine. I don't wanna force you to pour your heart out to me or anything... That'd be kinda rude...."

"I remember I had a mom. Awful mom, but that wasn't much. Just a bunch of accidents and stuff. I remember coming to school with broken fingers and stuff. But outside of that, I can't remember. I can't even remember my best friend's name. Like, I remover her face, but…" Diana broke off, shaking her head. "It'll come back I think. So, what was you past like? If we're sharing that is."