chicbecause

Barnacle Battlefront

"Would anyone mind telling me what's going on here?" Sophie asked. She was so confused, as would be expected, as she woke up in a strange high school, with no memory, and was then expected to run from someone she didn't know. At that moment, running had seemed like a good idea, but she still didn't know why.

[i'm waiting on Chic. I have no idea if anyone else is talking to Diana...]

Tabachi walked over to the bed and lifted up the sheets, inspecting the healing body. "Uhg, looks like Hatsu really went after her. I wonder what's wrong..." He thought out loud. He stood back up and straightened out his shirt. "Diana, meet new kids. New kids, Diana." He introduced with a smile.

"Figured that what she was doing." Diana said. "There's decent amount here too, no wonder he showed up and chopped her in half. As to your question miss… you're dead. We all are, and this is the afterlife. The student body president, Hatsu, has a really…" she paused for effect. "Killer sense of humor. And greeting people too it seems."

"Dead?" Sophie asked. "But... this makes no sense!" She grabbed her head, she had a headache now, although maybe it was only because she couldn't believe it.

"Well i figured I'd get killed someday" Merek commented then turned to face Diana and Tabachi. "So if we can't kill Hatsu and he can't kill us why do you all still fight? This seems like a stalemate in chess when i only have my king left and you only have your king left. No one will ever be able to win or is this something more then simply fighting?"

"Because life's not fair. We're fighting against that. And, our point isn't really to kill each other, but to find a way to let God see all the crap he's putting us through and maybe he'll stop it. I dunno, it's just what I figured from being here a few days. Plus, we might be able to point out that his uniforms here kinda suck." Diana explained patiently. Was she really like this a few days ago? She hoped she was less panicky, but one could never be sure.

Sophie stopped panicking. "That makes sense..." she said slowly. "So what is going on? What does 'Hatsu' have against you?" she asked.

"Nothing. He's just anti-fun, and doesn't enjoy when we shoot him." Diana shrugged as she explained. "I don't know, I've been told he's an angel, but I don't know. I expected more... feathers and wings and stuff. However, those powers he has are pretty cool. Wonder how he got them, if God just gave them to him."

"Oh." Sophie said, everything was falling into place now. "But if we're dead, why are we in high school?" she asked. That made no sense to her.

"I figure it's that we're all teenagers or something. I don't have all the answers. Huh, imagine a teacher who died here. That'd blow my theory out of the water. Oh well, we should figure something out now. Are you going to join us? The whole point is moot if you don't. You'll be destroyed if you aren't anyway, but it's rude to assume, ya know?" Diana asked folding her arms across her chest. Tabachi wasn't going to ask so she might as well. This group looked like a bunch of fighters, they could use them.

"I'll join you." Sophie's voice was strong.

[They're in the infirmary with everyone and Diana asked if they wanted to join.

I'll wait for the other people to reply so they can catch up.]

"What do you mean by destroyed" Merek replied. "It seems like Hatsu destroyed Tsuki already. The way he did was pretty vicious too not sure I'm going to be a part of getting cut up daily."

He figured there was really not point in his statement the paths were pretty clear but maybe this destroyed thing could be better then getting killed by Hatsu.

"Uh, you just stop existing here. Nobody knows where you go, but you don't exist here anymore. You could be reincarnated into a Barnacle for all I know. I think that you're just gone when that happens. All the energy just dissipates and you just go away." Diana said, letting it hang in the air. "But you could go that route easily, but sit down and obey evil overlord Hatsu."

Tsuki shot straight up in bed with a yell. "By gosh! That hurt! Aw man! That was censorkip.gif! And now I need a new uniform! Just great!" She yelled.

"Ok..." Lilly said slowly, she didn't trust these people and were pretty sure they were lying but they were the best option she had until someone else came along. "Oh and yeah... You can have this back..." She hung the gun out in front of her wanting someone to take it, she wanted nothing to do with that instrument of murder.

Diana smiled. "Maybe you shouldn't have just charged in alone. At least let me put in half the effort." She snickered for a moment, but continued. "Anyway, at least one of the new recruits wants to join us. Anyone else want to join up?"

Tsuki scoffed and stood up on the bed, pointing directly at Tabachi. "You. Get me my gun. Everyone else!-" here she looked at the rest of the group and pointed at them. "- Take ten minutes to look around and see if we're telling the truth. Then meet me in the principal's office." she commanded, her other hand planted firmly on her hip. "Don't be late." she added, giving a warning glance to everyone.

Tabachi picked up her large gun from a table across the room and threw it to her. "Hey Diana, wanna get something to eat? I've still got plenty of meal tickets so I'll pay." he offered, holding up a couple.

"Sounds good, what 'cha got anyway? Some of that spicy stuff that I hear is really good?" Diana asked, smiling at Tsuki but not directly saying it. Awake for five minutes and already barking orders. She hadn't known the girl for long, but as leader she was competent. "Also, I didn't know we had a principal here... he must be shirking his duties because I haven't seen him around. Poor Hatsu probably has to run the school all by himself..."

"Eh, maybe this could be interesting" Merek thought. "And since they couldn't be killed per say it be just like a video game."

Stepping out into the hallway he started walking in the direction he figured the office would be. This would allow him some time to truly think a few things over. Death wasn't the worst thing on his mind but more on how he had died and why he was still here.

Edited by Lightdragon4444

"Then off we go!" Diana said, smiling and marching to the cafeteria. "I'm starved, and anything is better than nothing!" The langhter bounced around the halls, an none would ever know how they were laced with pain. How she remembered that she had her middle right broken three times. How her mother laughed when she writhed in pain. She wouldn't let anyone know. The laughter was too layered with sticky, sappy happiness. No one would look too much further.