sh20000sh

Which language do you most use?

English, although "Jag kan bara lite svenska" (I can speak a little Swedish. I think. xd.png)

Nice! biggrin.gif

Swedish and English :>

Swedish and English here too. smile.gif

Edited by CatCreature

Online mostly English and some German, offline mostly German and some English.

Limburgish. People generally consider it a dialect and not an independent language in my country, but it is the language I first learned to speak (so it's really my mother tongue) and always speak at home and in all informal situations IRL. I only speak Dutch in formal or professional situations IRL, such as at work and also previously at school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limburgish_language

I use German in everyday life and English online.

I learned some French, Latin, Swedish and Turkish, too, but as I had no opportunity to use them, I forgot most of it. Though I think I'm still fairly good at understanding French and medieval latin texts, even if I'd be too shy to use these languages myself... ^^"

about half english and half german - half of my family is from germany, so i use it quite a bit :o

English. Though I am learning Latin ever so slowly, simply because I love learning the history of words and I plan on being a paleo-biologist (so I need Latin to understand scientific names of ancient animals)

I actually won a science competition because of my love of Latin. "This word means writing with light." Nobody knew the answer... So I thought about photos, which is light in Latin (and where we got the word Photon for a light particle), and said "photography" and got it right.

Edited by Oriolous

English. Though I am learning Latin ever so slowly, simply because I love learning the history of words and I plan on being a paleo-biologist (so I need Latin to understand scientific names of ancient animals)

I actually won a science competition because of my love of Latin. "This word means writing with light." Nobody knew the answer... So I thought about photos, which is light in Latin (and where we got the word Photon for a light particle), and said "photography" and got it right.

Sorry for being a smartass but that word comes from Greek unsure.gif

english, mostly the sarcasm dialect

Rofl, yes! This is so me. smile.gif

I know a bit of Spanish, but not really enough to use daily especially since my family doesn't speak it. I'll get better with more classes.

I use English, but I've always wanted to learn Portuguese seeing I'm 75% Portuguese and don't know a word of it.

Online mostly English and some German, offline mostly German and some English.

What she said biggrin.gif

OMG - dustpuppy I didn't even realize you were German until now ohmy.gif

I also use Chinese at home in addition to English, it's like a mixture of Chinese and English most of the time

I use English, but I've always wanted to learn Portuguese seeing I'm 75% Portuguese and don't know a word of it.

Portuguese isn't that hard to learn if you know another Latin language, especially Spanish. I'm half Brazilian with Portuguese as my first language, so I may not be a very reliable person to ask. xd.png

But yeah. Mostly English as I live in the United States, but I do mostly hear Portuguese. I was recently in France and I spoke some French there, but it was mostly translating for my mother.

Chinese and Cantonese smile.gif

Have anyone same too?

I guess that's kinda sorta me. IRL, I use English at school, but a mix of Cantonese and English at home.

English, mostly. My grandparents spoke Finnish and had very poor English. So i can speak some but not read it. I lived in Japan for a few years and have a very basic understanding of the written form and can speak it, not fluently, but well enough.