Psycho Cat

Shattered Glass ◊ Accepting

Aki was completely confused. "W-what? Do you mean that my eyes sparkle beautifully or....?" Confused, he made a 'whats it to you?' face.

He looked at his friend. Just what on earth are you talking about? He thought to him

Edited by Jass

Evan was confused. Aki sounded sincere, but still. "No, they most certainly do not 'sparkle beuatifuly', or at least as far as I can tell," Evan looked down. Was he going crazy? Possibly. Who hadn't by now?

"well,whatever, I'm going back to the under works." Aki said as he prepared to fly with his wings. "see ya!" Aki smiled. He felt a bit bad for him, as he must of experienced the war. He stayed for a little moment more for Evan to say "bye."

The Under Works? Evan's eyes widened with fury. Why had he not told me this before!? The same people who killed my parents is now going to just waltz away

"You're... a Rogue? Why didn't you tell me!?" Before the war, Evan never would have done this, but now - blinded by a terrible mix of sorrow and fury - he attacked Aki with all his might.

"I did! But you never listened!" He replied as he was pinned down to the ground. "ugh,why do you hate me so much?" Aki struggled. "I'm sorry that someone killed your parents,but what does that have to do with killing me?!" He exclaimed.

Evan didn't even hear him. He had gone numb in all senses and was locked in position. He didn't attack Aki, nor did he let go. He was petrified with horrible memories of the day Aero-Metropolis fell from its perch. He was only a mature hatchling at the time, but he was scared for life just by watching his family crushed is a building's collapse. Suddenly, he got up. He began laughing, almost hysterically. "You go do that. You have fun with your friends and family. I'll still be here, rotting away like this god-forsaken city I'm bound to. And just like it, I too will cave in someday. Just you wait, you'll see." He smile and sunk his claws deep into Aki's shoulders "Then this is goodbye. Goodbye indeed!" he called back, as he began walking to the swamp.

Aki didn't want him to go. He was suppose to be his friend. It was happening again, A friend discovering he was a rogue,and,angered, beat him. And left him.

"No!" He ran toward the striped dragon. "Please, let me explain, I'm sorry that I'm a rogue!" He wanted him to be his friend.

"Evan, please don't do this!" He wanted to him to understand. He wanted him to understand that he was forced to be a rogue,that he never even fought in the war.

Why? Why does everyone mistreat me?!

"Explain?" Evan said "Sure, why don't you go ahead and explain my parent's death?" He held back his tears best he could, but they came anyways. "Why? Why couldn't I have died with them? This never would have happened then..."

"I never fought the War! I was forced to join because of my Parents! I don't get it! Why do people hate so much when all I did was stay inside a container for the rest of my childhood?!" He was crying, his tears,streaming out.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?! I DIDN'T KILL YOUR PARENTS! I DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS! WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!WHY?!" He exclaimed.

Aki hated being a rogue. He had no friends, and was always being bullied by other dragons. No one seemed to understand,no one at all.

He closed his eyes,waiting for Evan's response.

Evan just scoffed. "You could've left," he said. Turning around, he flew off to the sinking city, to look for non-existing survivors.

"but I can't..." He wanted to reply. He swore in oath that he must never leave. But the striped dragon had already left. He watched as it flew away somewhere.perhaps the Aero-Metropolis city? It did interest him a lot, after all. Sighing, he flew off back to the Under Works, only to find a teacher that was looking for him.

Bowing down, to greet him,and to say sorry, was the only thing to really do without emotionally showing him anything. His teacher never showed emotion. "Get back in there,lets start training on the lesson." The teacher had finally said. "Yes Master." he quietly replied as he went inside.

Amarantha decided to remove the worthless things in her bag. Most of it was trash, a large spare bag, and dishes. The amount of space it took up was incredible. She lifted her nose to the scent of a different meat, more fresh. She pulled the hunk of meat out and threw it for someone else to eat. She wanted this fresh meat. She grabbed the large, empty bag she threw out and looked for the source. It was the nilia from before, holding a leg in her mouth. Perhaps I can bully her into giving it to me... She thought. She put her sacks down and took a large step towards the smaller dragon.

"What's a little dragon like you doing with that meat?" She asked wryly.

Edited by Onixthebunny1

Evan belligerently ignored Aki's words. As he huffed off, he realized he had forgotten all his food! Why? Why was he so stupid? He longed to go back and get it, but pride prevented him from doing so. Sighing, he flew off back to camp. Mara was with... Fate? That little thorn, he grumbled to himself. That forsaken, annoying, little thorn.

Landing, he growled at Fate. "Sorry to interrupt, but just where did you go?"

Fate landed on the ground with the leg in her mouth. She was about to reply to the Soulpeace, but Evan suddenly appeared and began to question her. "Ah, if it isn't the striped one!" Fate said as she looked at him. "I was on the search for a small enclosure when I stumbled upon a bush full of prey!" she exclaimed. "I had to keep my distance at first since I wasn't sure where the hunter was, but I did find it. I do not jest, look at this leg!" Fate wiggled the leg in the air to prove her point. "Why would anyone leave such a fine prize in the middle of the forest. If either of you wish to dine upon the succulent flesh, then I would be more than happy to lead you there. Do not fear, I am not pulling one over your head. I'm afraid the hunter won't stay away for ever. It's best to get what you need and leave before it comes back. I don't think such a talented creature would leave a treasure trove unchecked."

Evan was reluctant. The sharp side of his tongue wanted to chew her out some more, but he was foodless and hungry as well. "Well, all right, though don't think I'll be so submissive next time." He shot her a glare. Then, looking back up, he talked a bit softer to his neighbor. "You can come to, if you want."

The golden wyvern sat on the hard floor and watched. again. What should he do?His "training" was mere a walk through the under works,finding survivors. He looked at the forest. It was...interesting. Although his experience didn't go well,something there was calling for him. Should he go again? "my,my,my,and what are you doing in here?" A voice somewhere called out. A dragon, with sharp teeth smiled."You want to go somewhere,yes?." Aki hissed at him. "are you that confident in your skills?" The dragon laughed.

The dragon suddenly bit Aki's hand, and licked off the blood. "Punishment for being a rogue." The dragon laughed and disappeared in the shadow. he wasn't a rogue?

Aki looked at his hand. it was in pain, and the sharp teeth had made a giant bite mark. He covered it with a bandage. He felt something was wrong with it,but it seems to not have any problem at all. that dragon. He had saw that dragon before somewhere,but if rumors had it,he was long gone now. Whats he planing..? but immediately focused on something else.

I need to go to that forest. He thought as he spread wings and flew.

(Btw,what day is it? Morning?)

(edit:sorry. I'll edit it.)

Edited by Jass

((Jass, what you're saying does not make sense. If anything, the rogues would be trying to pull themselves together in a desperate attempt to stay alive, not training for no particular reason. I'm also wondering where you are. Light City is deserted and partially caved in, save for a few desperate individuals, so I don't know how you would be with other Rogues in the Under Works, but also be able to quickly zoom right out. Sorry if I sound harsh sad.gif

BTW, it's around early noon))

Shyvin (SHEE-vin) dragged himself along the the cold, hard cement of the Under Works. A scrawny looking dragon flitted by, barely suspending himself due to hunger. Oh, how he wished to fly. But alas, even with two pairs of them, Shyvin's wings were just to weak to propel him for more than a half-hour, and even then he couldn't get very high. Stupid lindwyrm body, he grumbled to himself. And its stupid, useless wings. Everyone else is up in the air while I'm practically rolling in the mud.

Weaving his way through the decaying Light City, he finally made it to the top. His belly growled for non-existing food. Sighing, he looked around, and noticed Aki, his 'friend'. Well, more or less. They barely knew each other except for a few brief meetings. He's a fairly good hunter though, he thought. Maybe I can stalk him for food?

Aki,arriving at his destination, started to scour around the areas, looking for anything that interests him. He didn't really seem to find anything at all, but he didn't give up. Where oh where is it? Actually,what am I suppose to even find? He thought to himself. He observed everything there that seems to be abnormal. Nothing. "Tsk. Not here." He flew over the trees. Nothing over there interests him. Maybe here? He thought as he looked around.

Stay still! Shyvin thought. I can't fly as fast as you, or really even fly at all! Nonetheless, he kept up his silent pursuit, crawling through every bush and tree in his path, another thing this dumb dragon didn't have to deal with. All I want is some food, is that to much to ask?

------------------------------------

Evan gave an irritated flick of his ear. "Well, Fate, are you coming? or are you going to just sit there like a newborn hatchling?" He tried to curb himself. He still needed the alliance of this pest.

He noticed a presence. He turned around to meet a dragon, a Blusang lindwurm was following him. Hauh? What the? He had met him once or twice,but never talked.

"Uhhh...?!do I know you!?" He shouted over to the Blusang Lindwurm.

He landed down on a soft patch of grass.

Fate blinked at Evan. "Have you forgotten the presence of another?" she asked as she nodded over to the Soulpeace. "You did interrupt us while we were speaking of different matters." Fate could tell by the way Evan looked at her that he did not care for her. He was probably planning to use her for his own benefits. But Fate did not mine. She was planning to use him as well.

"That's your argument amo?" Evan scoffed "Hardly. You yourself took off with no explanation. And then, you promptly helped yourself to someone else's food without even coming back and telling us!" he couldn't say he wouldn't have done the same, but right now he was furious.

------------------------------------

Shyvin looked up. "I don't really either, but I'm hungry, you're good at hunting, etc etc. It was all a matter of time and place." He slithered up to Aki. "I'm Shyvin, and I will hurl you from here to the Chrome Docks if you call me anything else."

"What do you think I am doing now?" Fate asked. "Yes I did help myself to someone's food, but surely you would of done the same. I came back with a leg and I am now offering both you and this stranger a chance to get to the prey!" Fate shrugged and glanced up at Evan. "As for the reason I ran off, I presumed you would realize why I did so." she said with a slight tilt of her head. "I did not like the look of that two-face. He did not seem like the type of person I would deal with. Besides, what is my business to you? We just met and you obviously do not fancy me. Why care about my actions?"

"Because two heads are better than one." he pointed out. "Look, I'm not asking you to love me and pick me fresh mangoes, but surely you don't want to be alone. I'm bigger and stronger, but you can fit in smaller gaps than I can. Together we fill in the blanks for what the other can't do. It's a simple offer that will strengthen us both." Though Evan would've also preferred Aki on the team, he had to admit that this was a bit safer.