Psycho Cat

Shattered Glass ◊ Accepting

Aki was curious on what both dragons would do. "I'm a ex-rogue. and you're offering me something?" He simply could not believe what it was doing.

"And you,Dragon, it simply looks like you're also making a deal." He pointed at the other dragon(fate).

The Golden wyvern now wanted to play a game. "tell you what, why don't we play a game of hide and seek?" He laughed.

Evan had been referring to Fate, but he found that there could be use in this. He licked the remaining blood off his lips and stood up.

"Fine then. I'll be "it", and whoever is hidden longest gets to accept the offer."

Today was rather odd. "Now isn't this peculiar." Fate said as she looked between both dragons. "I'll play your little game, but the first signs of hostile actions will be my ward." Instead of hiding, how about I slip away from these two. I don't like their tone and they don't seem very friendly. I don't the mere morsel Evan offered to me. I can look for food else where. However, if I do want to get away without being noticed, then I suppose I will have to play along.

"Alright. I'll be the hider." He replied. He loved to play hide and seek. After all, he was a expert at hiding,despite him getting most of the attention because of the gold scales. "you count." he said as flew in the forest.

Evonixe smiled and began to count to sixty. Maybe Fate could hide easier, and this new dragon could fly farther, but out of all of them, he was the most cat-like. He had excelling stealth and scent, and great night vision. All he needed was the ability to purr and he practically would be a cat with wings. But alas, he was simply a cat-like dragon.

You two had better hide well, or I'll find you before you can say fresh kill.

Fate turned on her heel and ran into the forest. She had learned over the years how to make her steps nearly impossible to hear. She could stalk through the forest undetected by most. However, Fate was not planning to hide. She was running away. These dragons proved themselves too crazy to deal with. She could forget that alliance and keep herself on her own way. It was easier to be alone and a lot much more relaxing then being in a group. Fate scampered throughout the area and kept to the ground. She was getting out of here, and she wasn't planning to come back.

The forest seemed so small. nonetheless, he continued on. He found mud that buried his scales in a brown color. He smiled.

Now,to get rid of the noise-makers. he said as he did a tiny killing spree. He killed quite a lot of animals, but only the ones who lived in packs. He hid their bodies in a bush

and found himself somewhere where he really liked. Its only game,after all. He smiled. he didn't care if he ever lost, he liked the game. now,to wait.

"...SIXTY! Hide you're tails, I'm done counting!" Evan yelled gleefully. Though it was more of a cynical glee than a happy one. He took in the air, picking up the scents of many dragons. Two particular ones caught him, though. Ah, you're in the forest, hmm? Fine by me. After all, plenty of twigs to step on, he laughed to himself.

Flying off in that direction, he quietly landed. He faintly heard the light steps of Fate. From the sound of it, she was gone. Though he had to congratulate her stealth, he had now lost interest in her. This Golden Wyvern was much more interesting. Silently gliding above the canopy, he quickly smelled a pile of death. Landing, he traced the scent of dragon, now laced with mud. Nice try.

After a mini-game of Marco-Polo, he finally found him. "Looks like you hid the longest. You win," he lied "Now, if you would come with me..."

"I lost,didn't i?" He laughed. "I can tell, after all, where was the other dragon?" He asked him. Hide and seek is fun,isn't it? The voice laughed.

Fate stopped moving. She was well away from the two crazies now. That alliance sounded interesting and I doubt I'll get that sort of deal again. Ah well, I might as well pick up the pieces and start again elsewhere. Fate remembered that there was someone else in the woods, a Soulpeace if she remembered correctly. Fate wouldn't mind bumping into her. Fate had heard her small voice from the where Fate and Evan were, so Fate did know the Soulpeace was a female. She knew it was a Soulpeace due to her scent, that was rather rancid to be honest. She didn't smell healthy, that was for sure. Maybe, Fate could strike a deal with her. Steal a few things for her, gain her trust, and she what she could do. Of course, things might not work out and Fate might be wasting her time, but it was worth a shot, wasn't it? Slowly, Fate began to crawl back towards the location of the Soulpeace. She might meet with the crazies again, but that didn't really matter. Fate could always beat it if she had to.

"No, she felt too ashamed to go back, and I - feeling merciful - let her go." In all honesty, he was making this all up as he went along. After all, it was obvious that he would've found this dragon first, no matter what.

"Going off topic here," he said desperately "What's your name? I never seemed to catch it."

That didn't sound very right... It seemed...weird for the dragon to sound like that.

"erm....I'm Aki? He replied, unsure if he is telling the truth.

His blood-eyes returned to normal. He was his antisocial self again, but nonetheless,he continued on.

"whats your name?" he asked.

Amarantha shrugged and went back to her home in the swamp. She glanced at her most prized possession, a glowing rock her mother had given her.

Her mother was long dead, though. She laid on the soft patch of dirt she usually slept on, thinking how her life would have been had the war not existed.

"I'm Evonixe, but most call me Evan." he said. Aki's face was now normal again, but he didn't know if that was good or bad. "So," he said more calmly "Have you ever seen Aero-Metropolis before?" He winced at the memory of his parents, but pushed it down. If he could earn this dragon's trust, he would be all set.

"Yes,and I was pelted with a bunch of rocks." He sighed.

Do not trust anyone,even your own friends. He remembered what his teacher had said at training. If you help your friends, you'll be punished. If you'll talk to your friends,you'll be punished. Therefore, don't even be their friends,as he/she will be your weakness! He looked at the ground.

"Why do you ask?" Aki replied.

Fate didn't know where she was, but then again, she never did. She was in some sort of swamp. Everything was muddy, wet, and sticky. The air was humid and it was making Fate take a toll. She wasn't use to hot climates and she didn't particularly like them. If she stayed here too long, she would face some heavy consequences. Maybe it would be best to leave....

"I just... have some interesting memories there." he sighed. But he perked at his first remark "Pelted you say? By real people? Survivors, perhaps?" that could've been his parents. "Show me to them, right away!" he was practically shaking the very Under Works themselves with his enthusiasm.

"why? do you think something interesting is happening?" Aki confusingly said. He had nothing to really do there. He would only be pelted by rocks if he came back.

"I'll only be pelted with rocks..." He turned away to face a tree. "What's so interesting there anyway?" he asked. And what would happen to me if you found the thing that interests you? He thought.

Evan turned away. "Nothing. Just ignore that," he longed to see his parents, but the befriendment of Aki came first. Having a powerhouse friend could never hurt.

Aki,deciding to go out of topic, asked. "So,are you hungry or anything...?" He looked at Evan. He doesn't seem too bad, so why not offer? Aki smiled. Although his teacher had told him not to befriend anyone, It wouldn't hurt to only befriend one right?

"So, Do you know the dragon that had ran away?" He asked another question.

Amarantha got up, deciding it wouldn't do to rot away in her home. She gathered all of her things in a rather smallish sack (She didn't have much). She put a large piece of meat she had kept in the coolest place of her house in the bottom. Luckily, it didn't rot.

She had kept it in case of a most dire situation. She went outside, leaving her poor excuse for a house. She vowed to never return to this rancid, sticky place again if she could help it. She made plans to travel to a much more bountiful place.

Fate perked up when she heard a noise. She stood on her hind legs and tried to look around to see what is was. Too bad for her, she was too small to see over the tall grass around her. Fate slid her wings open and hovered into the air. Now she could see the Soulpeace a few yards away. Fate wasn't sure if she had seen her yet, but if she looked hard enough, she would soon spot the Nilia.

Amarantha looked up at a Nilia staring at her. She gave an icy glare at it, and started walking in a random direction. Anywhere would do but this place, it was sinking into oblivion as it is.

She couldn't use her wings because she didn't have the energy, same as her healing magic. She was tempted to eat the slab of meat, as it's bloody scent reached her nostrils.

No! You must keep it safe, and only eat when there is no food. She scolded herself.

"Not really," he said "Other than her name is Fate and she's annoying as it gets." he himself pushed the random coverse to be a little stranger. "So, err, how do I put this? Your... eyes are... interesting,"

Playing hard to get I see? Very well. I know how to get her pardon. Fate turned and flew towards the trees. She lifted her nose and sniffed the air. She smelled some nearby corpses and was puzzled. It smelled like fresh prey was nearby, but why was it in such a strong scent? Surely no one would kill so many creatures and then just leave them there. Fate went to investigate and found that there were bodies of animals stashed in the bushes. Unbelievable! Someone really did kill a bunch of animals and then hid them in the bushes. How did they find so many? How did they even manage to kill them all? Why are they all in the bushes? None of this makes sense! Fate shook her head. This was a rare opportunity and she was going to take it. Fate took her claws and used them to cut the stomach of one of the dead animals open. She stuck her face into the hole and began to eat her fill. She only took a few moments to eat for she feared that the hunter would return. Fate ate the best parts, such as the liver and stomach, and then licked her chops. If she brought the Soulpeace something from one of these animals, then maybe she could gain its trust. Carefully, Fate tore of the leg of one of the smaller animals and held it in her mouth. She padded away from then scene and began to head towards the direction the Soulpeace took. The thought of so much wasted prey made Fate's heart ache. Maybe she could return later and eat a bit more. That was, of course, only if she didn't detect the smell of another dragon. She wasn't going to overstay her visit.