Psycho Cat

Shattered Glass ◊ Accepting

OoCStoryIt is the year 6487, and the world is smoldering in it's own ashes, dying a slow and painful death. The land is ravaged and burned, without a wisp of the life it once was filled with. The strong are weak, the courageous are cowardly, and innocent lives are withering away. But the source of this nightmare is far from unknown, no. Many were even a part of it. What is it you may ask?

Well, we may have to go a bit farther back to explain that. Not so long ago, humans and dragons lived in peace. As they began to multiply - due to their inevitable and superior strengths - dragons began to outnumber humans, but all quarrels between the races were kept to a minimum. Many had claimed that civilization had reached its peak, but so much time had passed that few cared, and were just as content with the lives they led. No, perhaps not all the dreams that were conjured thousands of years ago were accomplished, but life was still, nonetheless, quite enjoyable. But like all thriving communities, not everyone could lead a perfect life. These jealous individuals were known simply as "Rogues", named after exactly what they were. Soon though, the Rogues began to form small bands, attacking towns and the well populated suburbs, and anywhere else they pleased. Though most simply brushed them off as a "light matter", and "something we shouldn't have to worry about".

Soon they would only wish that were true...

One day, a man arose. His true name was never known, but he had two rank-names: the Rogues called him Savior, while the others called him the more well known name of Wrath. He brought the Rogues together and led them against the flourishing world, which was naively unprepared. It was that day that everyone saw how powerful the Rogues truly were. Wrath had summoned as many as he could, conjuring up a surprising but deadly number of desperate humans and dragons alike. They stormed single areas at once, picking off cities and other other areas one by one. Soon the earth was torn to shreds, and nothing was left but barren, scorched land where it was lit ablaze by terrorists. People called this the Great War of Wrath, although it was more of a desperate, flailing struggle against Wrath and his army than any type of war. Even the strongest of dragons fell to his reign without mercy. This lasted for half a century, up until now.

After there was nothing left, Wrath disappeared as quietly as he came, and the rogues dispersed to mix with the terrified innocents. With Wrath gone, and the Rogues no longer a threat, the world is now picking up the pieces, though many believe it is too late. Food is scarce to be found, and families have been torn apart. From Pygmies to Tsunami Wyverns, even waking up to be alive the next day is now a challenge. But there are few who still have hope. There are few who walk in the shattered glass with bare feet.

Are you one of them?

So yeah,
  • I know what you're all thinking: "Yay,
another DC war RP..." but bear with me here. This RP could be considered post-apocalyptic, well, in some ways, but it isn't quite. Basically, after all that craziness happened, a lot of people (and dragons alike) gave up hope. Most of the time people would just resort to suicide. I mean, after all, it certainly is better than starving to death, or getting dehydrated, or being attacked by hungry cannibals, or any of that terrible stuff. But you haven't given up quite yet. No, you had to be that one guy we all know. But hey, now that one guy we all know isn't dead and we are. Life isn't easy though. From trekking fried plains, to sailing iced oceans, your days usually won't be filled with sunshine and rainbows. But someone's gotta get up when everyone else's been knocked down.Powers and weaponryHumans

Humans, despite many years passing, are still just about the same. There are some usable weapons, though. Here's a list of the main ones, but you are not limited to these.

Pistol

Same old, same old.

Sword

Used by those more skilled in melee, swords come in a variety of shapes and sizes.

Plasma Beam

If you've played Metroid, it's kinda similar to that. For those who haven't, it is a small gun that shoots bursts of plasma. One of those futuristic things we've all wanted to own.

Ice Beam

A small gun that stores a vat of liquid nitrogen. It can cause deadly frostbite if you're hit too many times.

Dragons

Most dragons do not use human weapons. Those with magic or other projectiles (such as Reds) will tend to use those, while others will use physical combat (such as Whiptails)

Areas of importance (these areas do not have to be RPed in, but should be noted on)-~Seviiknight (seh-VEE-nite) Nation - The world above ground~-

Neo-Metropolis

Neo-Metropolis is a city quite similar to L.A. Some even say the old city was its predecessor. It was highly populated, and was one of the first cities attacked by Wrath.

Aero-Metropolis

Aero-Metropolis was a giant chunk of land, and, as the name implies, was propelled by giant rockets into the air. It was much more peaceful than Neo-Metropolis, and far less populated. Nonetheless though, the Rouges sabotaged the rockets and sent is plummeting to earth.

Avine Swamp

A huge water reserve left behind when when Aero-Metropolis was ripped from the earth, its crash left the land soggy and uneven. Many believe that city will someday sink into the ground, never to be seen again.

Golden-Metropolis

Built quite close to the equator, the scorching sun there is what earned Golden-Metropolis its name. Coincidentally, it actually burned to the ground shortly before the rouges got to it, thanks to an uncontrollable wildfire that chared all nearby vegetation.

Pyrite Jungle

Golden-Metropolis's main source of trade, the Pyrite Jungle was once very dense and lush. A terrible fire has now left it to its death, but a few spots remain alive.

Silver-Metropolis

Found on the coast of Antarctica, Silver-Metropolis is always covered in a light coat of frost, hence the name. It is mostly home to sailors and seamen who come to the Chrome Docks, and is the only known place left untouched by Rogues.

Chrome Docks

A famous and high traffic port, the Chrome Docks are used in most trades and are a common meeting place of nations. Ran by a fierce Ice Dragon, you wouldn't want to loiter for too long. It is now a refuge for anyone who can bear the cold oceans which surround it.

-~Dravoogh (dray-VOE) Nation - The land of darkness below~-

Under Works

The Under Works were a large and complicated system of tunnels, spanning thousands of miles. It connects the the Dravoogh Nation, and is touched only by artificial light. It is the home of the Rogues.

Lux City

Lux City is named so as it is the entrance to to Under Works. It is the second largest city in the Under works, and has partially caved in.

Viridian City

Viridian City is the main marketplace in Dravoogh. It is quite small compared to the other three major cities in the Under Works, because it is very scarcely populated, with the only known houses being in the Emerald Meeting.

Emerald Meeting

The Emerald Meeting is barely separated from Viridian City. It is simply a gathering of all the vendor's houses, and is hardly considered anything more than a tiny extension.

Vermilion City

Vermilion City is very similar to Neo-Metropolis, and was very popular. After the Rogues left, it stayed up fairly well, housing many refugees consisting mainly of Rogues.

Shadow City

The deepest known City in Dravoogh, Shadow City certainly lives up to its name. It is also the largest City, perhaps in the world. It was here that Wrath plotted his attacks. He was last seen here, but there were no reports of him seen leaving.

Opal Meeting

One of the smaller versions of the Four Major Cities, the Opal Meeting is found shortly before Shadow City. It is the home of higher ranking citizens, including priests, doctors, and nobles.

Quartz Meeting

The Quartz Meeting is where prisoners are held and tortured. While it is supposed a prisoner containment system, Wrath was happy to allow other rogues in and beat up chained prisoners.

Rules
  • No godmodding
  • No powerplaying
  • Limit of five characters
  • To prove you read these, put "leek" in the Other section
  • If you are hiatus for more than a week without further notice, you will be grey-listed
  • If you break the rules twice, you will be banned
  • PLEASE be nice
  • There is no bare minimum, but don't make three word sentence posts
  • Remember, humans are normal, and dragon powers should make sense for the breed (no levitating Mints out there)
Dragons you can't be
  • Chickens
  • Dinos
  • Cheese
  • Paper
  • All holidays (excluding vamps)
  • A GoN
  • Zombies
  • Both Alts
  • Frills and Old Pinks
  • Dragons on the Completed List
Character Sheet

[LIST]
[B][*]Username:[/B]
[B][*]Character Name:[/B]
[B][*]Gender:[/B]
[B][*]Race:[/B]
[B][*]Species/Ethnicity:[/B]
[B][*]Appearance:[/B] (leave blank if you are a dragon, unless you have some abnormal feature)
[B][*]Alliance:[/B] (Are you an innocent or an ex-Rogue?)
[B][*]History:[/B]
[B][*]Personality:[/B]
[B][*]Other:[/B]
[/LIST]

Edited by Psycho Cat

~Reserved

Major Updates:

-Setting Update

-Reboot

-Setting Update V2

-Setting Update V3

-Reboot V2

To do:

-Nothing

Greylist:

-None. Yay!

Blacklist:

-None. Yay again!

Edited by Psycho Cat

((its sunrise))

Aki stared at the sunset, which was rising up. he was on top of the Under Works, looking around for anything interesting.

Nothing but rogues.... he quietly sighed. I shouldn't be on here, i should be out there... He stared at the other cities. He wanted to go out in the world so badly, but he had a feeling that the dragons and people there won't welcome him so nicely.

But no one seems to talk to him at all here either. He,of course,tried, but most of them would shrug off or say "shoo! i don't need you," or something similar. He spied around.

Maybe I'll just spy on the other cities? He thought. He didn't seem to find anything interesting,and he already knows most of the passageways.

why not? he flew off the building, searching for the cities.

((It's pronounced EEV-oh-nicks, for the few of you who were wondering))

Evonixe watched as the sun slowly crept along the horizon. He knew he shouldn't look directly at it, but something about it seemed to compel him to anyways. The way it shone on the dew dappled willows native to the Avine Swamp was as divine as it was beautiful. Soon it got too high and he could no longer look. He then turned to the slowly sinking city behind him. It gave off the air of lost souls, retreating back to their bind as the light warded them off. He sighed, knowing the the restless spirits of his parents were crying out in agony for a proper burial. Soon you will finally return to the earth, he thought to himself, And I will never again have to be reminded what happened that terrible day. Never.

Turning back to the breaking dawn, Evan set off with nothing but a single bunch of strawberries, the very last of his food source. He just hoped nobody would come across him in the latest of his adventures and take his food. It was the only sustenance he had, and there would be trouble then.

"its him! him!" the voices kept saying those words. He was spying on a city, but many dragons noticed him and most of them glared at him. He did his best to ignore them, but the dragons have started pelting him with pebbles.

Aki didn't understand. He didn't really do anything wrong, in fact, he never participated in the war. Why were these strangers so angry at him? Had his parents ruined their lives?

Confused, he flew away from his spying spot, and tried somewhere else. same reaction. different crowd.

Why? why do they dislike me so much? He wondered. Saddened, he flew away once again, this time, somewhere a bit out of the cities.

Edited by Jass

Fate looked up and stared out into the sunrise. Fate crawled out of the small hold she had slept in. She pushed her rump into the air and stretched her front limbs. Her mouth slowly opened and she let out a long yawn. The warmth of sunlight slowly began to recede from the sun as it rose. Fate stood up straight and ruffled her wings. Another beautiful day for stealing. Fate began to whistle a tune as she headed into a random direction. Exploring was always enjoyable to do.

Aki was flying in a random direction, almost crying.

No! crying means weakness, and weakness means that I'm pathetic. He tried his best to fix his pride. He succeeded, but it was still hurting in his chest.

Where am I going? He asked himself in his mind. he had no idea where he was going, but continued to let his wings carry him. "maybe I'll go somewhere nice?" he perked himself up.

Evan had been flying awhile - though it was still late morning - when he realized he hadn't been paying too much attention, as he heard someone whistling nearby. Deciding that is was far enough away that he could ignore it, he looked back down, only to find he was flying towards the sound! How could he be so stupid? This could cost him, even if all it was was a Nillia. It was too late to turn back now, as they were close enough to sense each other. If his hunch was right, anyone who had been a part of this (which was pretty much everyone) would be wanting some food by this point.

He landed and gave the tiny pygmy a glare. Through gritted teeth, clutching his strawberries, he growled a the little dragon "Who are you? I didn't want to cross paths with you, if you could tell, but since hunger has whittled my senses, we're inconveniently together. I'm Evonixe, but most call me Evan. I come from Aero-Metropolis." He set down the strawberries and stared at them with a hawks eye. There was no way he was losing them to some stupid midget of a dragon.

Aki landed on the ground,and clumsily fell to the ground. He then noticed 2 dragons.

Are they going to pelt things at me? He hoped not. Cautious,he slowly walked toward them.

He was silent,and shy. The pain had gone,for some reason.

Fate stopped in her steps as a Striped landed in front of her. She saw that he was carrying a small batch of strawberries. Fate was hungry, but she wasn't stupid enough to attack this dragon for his food. She liked to keep things in the dark and steal things without anyone knowing. Stealing in plain sight rarely worked and often led to trouble. So without letting her gaze wander to the berries, Fate gave a short bow to the dragon before her. "Good day, sir." she said as she ended her bow and raised her head to look at the Stripe. "It is a pleasure to meet you Evan. I am called Fate. Is there something you require of me?" Fate was offering her help, but she didn't plan to help this fellow for free. If things turned sour, she would skedaddle out of danger and leave this Evan for dead. It was, after all, how Fate survived all these years.

The dragons haven't noticed him.so, he decided to watch and eat some of the fresh meat(birds) he had caught. He was still too shy. W-what should I? he was worried. After all, he was antisocial. What oh what could he do?

He stared at both of them. and ate some of the meat while at it.

Evan gave an irritated flick of his ear. "Are you deaf? I said it was an accident that I ran into you. I don't need anyone's help." He was ready to slash this pest in half when he realized she could be of use. Just maybe. Her small size would be a nice tool for entering hard to reach spots "But perhaps you may be interested in a temporary alliance? I can see benefits for both of us."

He waited for a reply when he suddenly smelled fresh kill. Great, let's make this a social party, he muttered under his breath. Turning to the shimmering dragon, he called out. "Could there be something you need? If not, then get out of my sight."

Oh, ho, ho, an alliance? Hm... I don't do good with long term contracts, but I might be able to deal with his gentleman for a little while. I can stay with him until things go bad, then I'll kick him to the curve. Before Fate could say anything, she saw yet another stranger. "Ah, another gentleman." Fate said as she looked at the Golden Wyvern. "Is there something you wanted?"

Aki,with a dead bird in his teeth,he muttered. about how he was so clumsy.

Quickly,he got up, and backed away slowly.

He stopped a few meters in front of him, and ate another bird.

Edit:Whoops,put evan

Edited by Jass

Fate was confused by this fellow. He was acting rather odd and was doing a horrible job at concealing himself. She wouldn't lash out at him, but that didn't mean Evan wouldn't. He, like most others, was hardened by the war. Fate could obviously see that. Those who are hardened take things seriously. This person on the other hand... Well, he wasn't exactly in a good place at the moment.

Aki immediately spotted another bird, and lashed out at it,killing it effectively. He was clumsy sometimes, but only to other people.

He was panicking,but quickly regained his instinct when he saw the bird.

His eyes have gained a confidence boost. he spotted something and lashed out at it. a Giant warthog had been its teeth's grip.

Edited by Jass

Evan glared at This ignorant dragon. If you can't at least look decently regal then don't come out at all. He noticed, though, that it had food. Taking a bird and hungrily gulping it down he looked at the dragon with defiant eyes. Who cared if it was wrong? Who cared if this dragon was stronger than him? It was clear that his will was weak and that pushing him around would be easy. Chances were that he hadn't experienced what Evan had.

Amarantha walked out of her home in the Avine swamp. Many turned heads, surprised to see her out. It was one of her rare outings for food. In a generous distance was a group of 3 dragons, one of which she recognized to be Evan. She simply scowled, and went into the tangles of vines to look for the scarce food. It became hard to bend, for her bones had stiffened from the lack of calcium. She looked around and saw a small, formerly common bird. She snapped at the sleeping creature, and gulped it whole. It wasn't enough, so she looked for more of the birds species.

((OOC: The bird is the size of a house sparrow.))

Edited by Onixthebunny1

Aki's eyes was turned into a snakes eyes. His eyes now had a smaller pupil, and his eyes had been dyed a bloody-red.

Look at them. a voice called to over his head. He glared at them, and hissed at them also. Their weak and untrustworthy,but they welcome you in good hands.Why don't you continue eating? The voice had said. He obeyed. He knew what it was, it was his own self, a personality that he had just developed.

He felt better when he was here. everything felt so calm and well. He could do anything.

Evan looked up after devouring the bird whole, to notice a great change in the dragons facial expression. He took this in the most wrong way possible, and curled back his lips in a retorting snarl. "Is that a challenge?" he growled "If so, then I accept." Without waiting for a response, he unsheathed his cat-like claws and attacked.

Dodge it, and look for something else to eat. he said. He quickly dodged and glanced at him. There was a full on-house warthog that had been uneaten. Aki smiled.

"keep the warthog,since you look hungry." He laughed. His personality had changed. Look. a soul peace. He scanned the place for the soul peace. He finally found it,except that it looked more.....sick,than usual.

That soul peace seems too sick. Why don't you help her? The voice said. He obeyed again. He flew toward it, and by the looks of it,seems to be a girl. "want some?" Aki asked, showing a eagle he had caught.

Edited by Jass

Evan stumbled into the wet earth, but got up right away. How odd, but he brushed off the thought. I'm sure he's just a coward. How insipid: a Golden Wyvern running from a Stripe! I'm not even colored. What has the world come to?

He dove into the warthog, but pulled back and retrained himself. "For your loyalty, it's yours, tiny pest" he offered the three remaining fourths of the animal "But if you try anything. Then... Then we have a problem."

Amarantha stared at the golden wyvern, and then at the dead bird. She cautiously approached the bird at ate it quickly. She looked at the dragon, eyes cold and untrusting.

This was the most food she had eaten in years. What does he want? She thought warily, so, she decided to ask him. "Why are you feeding me?" She asked, since no one would dare share their food. It was scarce, after all.

He's offering you alliance. Perhaps you would...accept? The voice called out. He wanted to obey, but he had one little test in mind. "oh? but what if I told you I am a Ex-rogue?"Aki said. Slowly he moved forward to the dragon. "because I am,y'know." Although he wanted to lie,he needs to judge him.

Aki Glared at the offering dragon. He shouldn't eat the meat just yet either. Slowly,his two personalities were mixing with each other, and each minute, he felt braver and stronger.

What will you do Dragon? Perhaps you are also a rogue? He was getting more curious.

Ignore the soulpeace,just look at her. It said. He took one glance and focused on the offering dragon.

Edited by Jass

"A pest? My, my, I seem to have got off the wrong foot." Fate said with a shake of her head. She looked at the offering and contemplated her options. She could refuse, it wasn't like obtaining food was too hard for her. She could always steal someone's food. But then again, it was free food. Wouldn't Even become suspicious of her if she denied it? Besides, there was a chance Fate may not get anything else to eat. But then again, was he speaking to her or the Golden Wyvern? Evan did say "tiny pest" so Fate assumed he was speaking to her. However, the Golden Wyvern didn't seem to think so. "It appears confusion is at a foot." Fate stated. "I do not wish to start hostilities so soon, but there isn't much I can do, is there?" Fate looked at the Golden Wyvern curiously. What a strange specimen. Does it perhaps have something wrong with it? It may just be the world playing games with it's mind as it does that to all of us. But still, what a sudden change of expression!