Red2111

August Release Breeding plans: Duotone Lindwurms

Bred a second set of green opals for another pretty PB green opal egg. I really do like the green opal (actually I love the colors of all this new release).

I still say original splits don't breed well with the new ones.

I just tried breeding for green/blue opal checkers. All I got were the mother's color. Does anyone have the opposite outcome? If I can't do checkers I'm going to punt these.

That's all I got, too, disappointedly. ): If that's the case... I can't really do any of the lineages I'd like to do. (I hope this isn't the case...?)

edit:

Just wondering, why does blue opals drop more than green ones?

i have been hunting for 6 day straight, i do see some pass by but not as much as the blue ones.

i have better luck catching blues than greens when i need greens the most DX

Because the Alpine biome moves much faster than the Forest biome.

Edited by kiyoura

That's all I got, too, disappointedly. ): If that's the case... I can't really do any of the lineages I'd like to do. (I hope this isn't the case...?)

I'm happy to report I just swapped for http://dragcave.net/lineage/HoqDj with someone so they definitely aren't limited to giving the mother's color. Our dragons just decided to play a mean trick on us xd.png

Edited by calankh

I'm happy to report I just swapped for http://dragcave.net/lineage/HoqDj with someone so they definitely aren't limited to giving the mother's color. Our dragons just decided to play a mean trick on us xd.png

OMG! Yay. biggrin.gif Thank you, bearer of good news! This means I'll be able to do the checkered's I want to do. ^.^

My greens refused.. now they're not as rare as the CB green coppers -I haven't caught any more yet but at least I see them, so I'm sure I will catch some in time- but it still got me thinking.. Maybe we should get two chances for the various two-headed species, maybe next time the other head decides it likes the mate after all laugh.gif

Of course it would mean a dragon could refuse at second breeding too.. And if it had refused either first or second breeding, then the odds of succesful breeding would always be half what they are when there is no refusal at all. Only if they refuse both first and second time, could they never breed, in that case for once the heads agree tongue.gif

(No idea how hard any of this would be to code, but it would fit their theme/description, wouldn't it?)

I still say original splits don't breed well with the new ones.

That is odd, since my female split, who rejected the only CB partner that I had for her, accepted one of the new breeds and actually gave me an egg on the first time.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/4rnqs

I have to admit, I am quite happy with this egg.

I think I might make this lineage eventually.. When I get around to collecting more CB Blues...

[lineage preview]

I'd even out the greens a bit more, but unfortunately those're all the CB greens I have on my scroll, and I doubt I'm getting any more than that x]

I have tet to catch Opals, or even see them. sad.gif Opal is my birthstone, so I hope i can get some soon! lol But I have caught 4 of the Duotones! biggrin.gif

Sorry, I know that this isn't the right place to ask something like that but......where can I find in the cave these new releases???? I've just returned home from holidays tongue.giftongue.gif

Sorry, I know that this isn't the right place to ask something like that but......where can I find in the cave these new releases???? I've just returned home from holidays  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

Duotones can be found in all biomes.

Blue/grey opals in the Alpine.

Green opals in the forest.

edit: I've also seen posts saying blue/grey in coast and green in forest as well but I've yet to find any there.

Edited by rubyshoes

edit: I've also seen posts saying  blue/grey in coast and green in forest as well but I've yet to find any there.

I caught my blue ones in the Coast on the day they were released. Can't remember if I got my greens from the forest or the Jungle tho. But Blues are definitely available in the Coast.

Edited by MistoKitt

I caught my blue ones in the Coast on the day they were released. Can't remember if I got my greens from the forest or the Jungle tho. But Blues are definitely available in the Coast.

They rarely drop there

No real plans for breeding, but have to say I really LOVE the first two - have yet to see them in the cave though. dry.gif

edit: I've also seen posts saying blue/grey in coast and green in forest as well but I've yet to find any there.

You mean jungle, too.

I haven't seen them in jungle, but people have said they've caught one there. Greens tend to be harder to find since the jungle and forest biomes move so slow.

I think I might make this lineage eventually.. When I get around to collecting more CB Blues...

[lineage preview]

I'd even out the greens a bit more, but unfortunately those're all the CB greens I have on my scroll, and I doubt I'm getting any more than that x]

That looks interesting!

zacktim4: I've gotten a Lindwurm as "Jaeger Crimson Typhoon." Not sure how I'm going to incorporate all of them into a lineage, but I'll see. o:

The blues look great! can't catch the greens. Seems to me they're the new red dorsals.

That's very pretty!

I did a PB even 3rd gen Duotone http://dragcave.net/lineage/a4qID I hope I'll find a mate to make a 4th gen before the next release hits... biggrin.gif

I like that smile.gif I should be able to get my green opal to 4th gen but probably no higher due to having problems catching CBs smile.gif

I like that smile.gif I should be able to get my green opal to 4th gen but probably no higher due to having problems catching CBs smile.gif

You're right! Green opals are hard to catch!

Now, Duotones seem to be really easy to catch. I'm close to being able to do a 5th gen purebred. I have 2 second gens, but I've been using my egg slots for catching rather than breeding.

Edited by snave

I am still in a daze over what happened this morning. Went into the drops to catch two blue opals for Elixabeth. Was in the Alpine doing so and I thought oh what the heck I will check out the Forest one too!!!

That was 7 in the morning's drop and lo and behold there was an opal egg so clicked on it. And like whooooooaaaaaa I was not only shocked that I actually got it but it was a green one!!!! Yippeeeeee!!! biggrin.gif

I went into the Alpine and snagged a blue opal and that was it for the 7 drop. At the 8 drop got her--her 2nd blue. Soooooo it is opal day today. And those just happen to be my birthsone due to being born in October. Cool!!!

Edited by LuvDragons