DawnofAges

Fire, Fire, Burning Bright

Red Power landed on Silver's drawing of Yave. "We have no time to become distracted," he said, though in a much nicer tone than when he was speaking to the youth about a similar topic. "Still, your drawings are very nice."

Storm wriggled with nervousness and impatience. She couldn't wait to become Bonded!

((If you're not already at the two character limit, please will you consider making another youth, since we have one more hatchling than youth?))

((Okay. Ill fill out one then.))

Silver nodded. She was a little sad that her drawing were ruined though. They help her wait. "Do you feel better Yave?" She asked.

((@heavenuniasus; Where should Catherine be at the moment? Should she be leading the children or with the hatchlings?))

Yave:

"Thanks." She smiles, her scales on her back darker than the rest because of her wings coming through. She looks to Red Power and asks "When are the humans going to be here?"

Sylvii:

They are getting closer and closer, and everyone is getting very very excited.

Nods. She rolls her muscles and the wings start to rip from her tiny back. "Woah, cool." She looks at her tiny wings, the webbing still deformed from being cramped under scales. Her wings are tiny but able to lift her centimeters off the ground. "Hey Silver! Look!" Giggles and spreads her new wings wide. Edited by Sylviinael

As the red dragon gave his speech Hal continued to study the massive body structure, How does it work? The wings are just not large enough to lift a body of that size, even with hollow bones and light muscle fiber. And how do they attach? It looks like they go right behind the shoulder bone but then they would need some counter weight to compensate for... As Hal thought he suddenly noticed that the dragon was no longer there and the group had moved on, Running to catch up Hal quickly came to stand at Sylvii's side again frowning as he continued to puzzle over dragons and body structures and flight and, and, and. Edited by Raven301

She looks over, "You okay Hal? You seem distracted." She says looking at him with concern in her vibrant green eyes.

Flapping her newly formed wings she rises into the air a little bit before falling back onto her feet. The muscles are weak so she tries to make the best of them.

Sheera

Noticing Yave flapping the air with her freshly formed wings, Sheera quickly flew over the head of the other hatchlings to land next to her. "That is super awesome!" she gasped peering as several scales were ripped away. "I tried to look when my wings came through, but my neck's not quite long enough. But this is fascinating!" Seeming to remember her manners, at last, the small hatchling looked up sheepishly. "Sorry if that seemed weird. I just like to know how things work, y'know? I'm Sheera." As she told the other hatchling her name, she ued her small wings to balance herself while lifting one of her feet to shake with. "I only got these yesterday, but I've started to get the hang of thm already!" She added, lifting her angular head proudly.

Catherine

"Alright, kids. See that building over there? The one that looks like a strangely square heap of snow? That's here we're heading. We'll reach it in a few minutes, so get ready!" Catherine turned around as she addessed the class. She'd already introduced herself to them as Miss Kat, since she wasn't particularly fond of her last name. She was a tall lady, reaching nearly 6'4, and was several heads taller than half the youth gathered in front of her. She was dressed in a dull brown coat and dark trousers, and wisps of unruly red hair kept escaping from underneath her beanie. Extremely intimidating, she'd already given the class a tongue-lashing when several of the boys had started a snowball fight.

Tianne

Quietly sighing to herself, Tianne ran a bit to catch up wih Sylvii. Usually she struggled making friends, since she was so quiet, so Sylvii was really her only friend currently. Slowing as she reached her friend's side, she gazed curiously at the boy, Hal, out of the coner of her eye. Softly, and barely audible, she told him, "Dragons are creatures of myth and legend, their very existance is a miracle. Don't you think that their anatomical structure may be yet another miracle?"

Edited by Zanzibar79

Yave:

"Hahahaha Thanks Sheera." She stops and squeals, "BY THE SCALES ON MY FACE THEIR HERE!" She wiggles so much she falls back on her rump. Her eyes light up and she folds her wings against her back and looks towards the entrance.

Sylvii:

She grins when she sees the building Miss Kat was speaking of. She scratches her brand softly as they near the building, hearing the occasional chatter of many different noises or the flapping of small wings.

Storm flew into the air and began twisting around in excitement. She just couldn't stay still today, right now.

"Frozz, make sure their rooms are ready." Frozz flew off, further into the building. Red Power smiled when he saw the hatchlings' excitement, then gestured for the hatchlings to follow him outside.

Sheera quickly followed Red Power outside, anxious to met her Bonded-to-be. This was all so exciting! Flapping her feeble wings, she glided out the door behind him.

Katherine, spotting the hathlings and Red Power streaming outside, yelled out, "NO ONE, and I mean no one, steps n front of me, got it? You will remain in an orderly fashion. When I say so, you will all line up in a single line, from my left to my right, so you will all be able to see all the hatchlings."

Sylvii:

"Hey Tianne, you as excited as I am?" She grins and is beaming with excitement. She sees the hatchlings and meets eyes with one of the hatchlings. "If I'm right then thats a Lumina Dragon."

Yave:

She follows Red Power outside and sees humans for the first time. "Gosh, their tall." She swishes her tail and they stand to the sides of Red Power. SHe sees a girl there with long black hair and she flaps her wings slightly, their eyes meet and the girl smiles.

Storm burst out the door and ran forward. Red Power started after her, hooking a claw in her not-quite-hardened scales and pulling her back. "She's excited," he gruffly said, in a tone that was not exactly apologetic.

Silver was confused. She had hatched with wings, she just got extra back wings and her main wings grew bigger. She followed Yave outside and sees the humans.

Sylvii:

Sylvii is startled when a little dragon hatchling bursts out and is caught by Red Power. She watches the little dragon look sheepishly at Red Power before calming down. "Huh...." She whispers to Tianne and Hal, "Excited little thing isn't uh she?"

Yave:

"Woah storm calm yourself." Giggles before looking at Her friend Silver, "You were born with wings?? Thats so cool!"

Sylvii:

She watches two of the dragon hatchlings trying to overhear their conversation but not doing so well.

Silver looked at Yave. "Cool? I thought it was normal. But I can't exactly walk with only two feet." She said. There was a human looking at her and Yave. 'What is she doing?' She thought

"Alright, you've seen each other. Catherine, take the youth to their rooms so they'll settle in. Hatchlings, please return to your cave." Red Power knew that they should be given a look, then separated so they didn't get too excited. "We'll meet in the auditorium in two hours. Catherine will show you how to get there from your rooms." Red Power waited for the hatchlings to file inside.

Silver relectantly went inside. She wanted to meet her human now. Waiting would only make her more nervous.

Yave:

She follows Silver, wanting to know how it was possible to be already born with wings. "Hey Silver, wait up!" She calls, gliding over to her quickly. "So what are you exactly? Are you like...some sort of wyvern or something?" She unfurls a wing and licks the webbing, cleaning her wings was now a part of her nature, just like breathing.

Sylvii:

She nods to the dragon then awaits instructions from Miss Kat, unsure why one of the hatchlings gave her a strange look. She pulls the gloves off and places them in her pocket, rolling her sleeves up slightly she reveals her branding of the hellfire wyvern and the scars on the other arm from many a fights with wild dogs.

((If you see someone has posted after you, please post again!))

Red Power watched the hatchlings go back inside.

Storm trotted down the stone hallway to the hatchlings' cave, a small cave with beds of moss and ferns for each hatchling that would be Bonded. The other hatchlings that hadn't been chosen would stay with their parents in the dragons' cave. The Gray female sank down onto her mossy bed and waited for the others.

Silver thought about it. "I don't know what I am." She said. She had never had parents, so everything was more like testing and seeing. "It feels nice to fly though. I bet I can fly even better with some back wings!" She said. "When you fly, the wind whistles through your wings, and everything else is just dots. And it feels so free, and you can go so fast."

"Woah." Entranced she smiles and wiggles her wings. "I just got my wings so I don't know how to fly just yet." She looks over at Storm before going to her own bed of ferns and patted an area of it for Silver to rest. "Here, you wanna talk or something to pass the time while we wait to see who were bonded with?"