Red2111

New release Feedback

Two breeds are perfect. Any more and a throphy-less scroll wouldn't be able to pick up a pair on release night.

Too true. That's probably why so many players agree that 2 a month - 3 if one is a hybrid - are perfect. Because, let's be honest, you can breed your hybrids whenever you want. I feel that many people ask for a limit increase with a new trophy to a maximum of 8 eggs for a similar reason. Because with 8 egg slots, people are able to catch 2 pairs of each breed (if 2 breeds are released).

2 to 3 a month is fine, the trophy-less can catch and grow dragons from the AP and make it to their trophies faster (using Freeze they can do it even faster). But then I remember a time when EVERYONE was limited to four eggslots+1 breeding slot. Y'all are spoiled lol

I've never had goals though, I kinda feel that focusing on goals can make the whole situation very frustrating so I never bothered with them.

I had lots of fun catching at the monthy releases. I hope TJ keeps doing that once the holidays are over. 2 or 3 breeds a month was great. It could even be more then once a month and I think we would be ok xd.png

I had lots of fun catching at the monthy releases. I hope TJ keeps doing that once the holidays are over. 2 or 3 breeds a month was great. It could even be more then once a month and I think we would be ok xd.png

Much as I love seeing new breeds enter the cave, I think more than one release a month would just about kill me, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that sentiment. xd.png I have a ton of personal projects and catching goals that I'm working on and multiple new releases would set me so far behind...

So nah. One release a month is still perfect. cool.gif

Much as I love seeing new breeds enter the cave, I think more than one release a month would just about kill me, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that sentiment. xd.png I have a ton of personal projects and catching goals that I'm working on and multiple new releases would set me so far behind...

So nah. One release a month is still perfect. cool.gif

I agree, as long as we get one a month, and don't miss out on months where we don't have a Release at the beginning of a month because there's a Special at the end, when we don't have a regular Release for obvious reasons then... we just need to have Releases when people showing up can catch the new dragons at the time of Release and for at least a week afterward...

1. Two new eggs per month is perfect... three ONLY if it's a hybrid.

2. The mass drop should last 24 hrs with NO other eggs dropping.

3. The situation with the biomes not moving should be handled ASAP. I don't know how to fix it, but I think TJ should be working on that fix regardless of any other current issue.

4. I like the new AP and I like the idea of more hatchling slots. I'd raise a LOT more commons if I had more hatchling slots.

My thoughts exactly. biggrin.gif I especially like the idea of getting more egg/hatchling slots.

I support a longer mass drop. It's annoying to realise that the new breeds came out yesterday and now you've missed the huge drop and it is very difficult to catch them. Or even if you're just hours late its hard to get them. DC midnight is at 4am my time. I can't be on at 4am to grab the new releases.

Edited by Starbit-Plushie

I would much prefer 1 new release a month, nothing more than that. I'm also in agreement to a longer initial drop. Not everyone can run to the computer at the release hour (or even that day) to get something that ends up impossible to catch after a few days. Having multiple releases per month doesn't help people who are trying to keep up with past releases (ex: those with slow connections). No not all of us need to have cb, but if that is the persons preference, why should they have to settle for a bred one that they have to trade for or find in the ap? They shouldn't have to just "suck it up" and take whatever they can find.

There are also those of us who have projects that we like to work on in between releases, amongst other things. There is just not much time. This game has become a little on the stressful side. I don't play as much as I used to, and it goes the same for many others. Some of us don't want to sit here all day looking for a cb copper. That's ridiculous.

I do feel for people though who want multiple releases all the time, something new ALL the time. These folks get bored, compare the game to other sites and want more here. I'm not sure if there will be a happy medium that everyone can agree on.

I think 2 a month or so is pretty good. 1 doesn't always feel like enough (unless it's something with color variations like the Opals) and any more than 2 feels overwhelming since I know that I, and probably plenty other people, like to catch one of each gender right when the eggs are released.

A huge yes to a longer initial drop, as well. I can't always be up at midnight to try and catch new eggs, this last new release I was awake for it but even though I kept trying I couldn't catch any eggs until 2am. Not everyone can do that, and sometimes it feels like if you miss that first flood, you can forget trying to get CBs for a long time.

I would much prefer 1 new release a month, nothing more than that. I'm also in agreement to a longer initial drop. Not everyone can run to the computer at the release hour (or even that day) to get something that ends up impossible to catch after a few days. Having multiple releases per month doesn't help people who are trying to keep up with past releases (ex: those with slow connections). No not all of us need to have cb, but if that is the persons preference, why should they have to settle for a bred one that they have to trade for or find in the ap? They shouldn't have to just "suck it up" and take whatever they can find.

There are also those of us who have projects that we like to work on in between releases, amongst other things. There is just not much time. This game has become a little on the stressful side. I don't play as much as I used to, and it goes the same for many others. Some of us don't want to sit here all day looking for a cb copper. That's ridiculous.

I do feel for people though who want multiple releases all the time, something new ALL the time. These folks get bored, compare the game to other sites and want more here. I'm not sure if there will be a happy medium that everyone can agree on.

Part of the issue, though, is the HUGE backlog of completed dragons, which need to get out there. MAYBE (how to get shot a lot xd.pngninja.gif ) there should be a moratorium on dragon creation ?

Part of the issue, though, is the HUGE backlog of completed dragons, which need to get out there. MAYBE (how to get shot a lot xd.pngninja.gif ) there should be a moratorium on dragon creation ?

For years there has been a huge backlog of completed dragons. There are tons of artists out there who are constantly creating something new. I'm pretty sure if there were 10 releases a month there will still be a sizeable backlog. Adding more time to the initial release would help many get what they need...but also a hopeful reduction of time to raise a dragon would help as well? But I know that's a whole different topic wink.gif

I was here when Dragon Requests WERE closed.. and there was a HUGE backlog of dragons waiting to be released. Then they reopened requests and the backlog just got bigger.

I agree that they should be closed again.. and this time leave them closed until the backlog is gone. And if something on the completed list is not going to be released ever, then it should be deleted and removed from the backlog.

I was here when Dragon Requests WERE closed.. and there was a HUGE backlog of dragons waiting to be released. Then they reopened requests and the backlog just got bigger.

I agree that they should be closed again.. and this time leave them closed until the backlog is gone. And if something on the completed list is not going to be released ever, then it should be deleted and removed from the backlog.

Except holidays !

I'd be weirdly fine with closing them. There are just so many right now, when I see one I hope makes it on site I feel let down because it probably won't or won't for a very very long time. I read on the wiki there are over 400 waiting and that's just mean to the people who make them. Isn't there also a special board for the artists (I heard somewhere the swallowtails and the new red fins are from there) where there are even more? There could be even more then we think. I wish that TJ would just delete the ones he dosn't think are good enough instead of leaving them. I mean, the Akuma was made in 2008 and it's still sitting there.

I'd think TJ should also tell people things he likes or dosn't like in dragons. For years everybody though he hated easterns, but he dosn't, but since people though he did nobody made them because they though he wouldn't ever use them so now we don't have many on the completed list so now there aren't many for TJ to choose from to release. If he hates dragons with re-colour alts or butterfly wings or something, it would be nice to know so we can make or not make to his interests.

I'll just also note here that due to exclusivity, we are thinking about closing DR. We're waiting for the cleared up exclusivity to be announced, though.

Except holidays !

Holidays can only be submitted in secret, so they don't really apply to DR, anyway. =p

~

Nooo, please don't go down to just one dragon per release. ;~; I'm one of those people that would be okay with more than two dragons per release, lol. So many other sites release way more than we do anyway. I'm glad to have regular releases (although I do think we maybe need to change things so that: biomes move, the AP isn't so backed up and clogged with tons of cbs, and users don't have to stress over grabbing dragons from large releases or just stress at all whether they'll be able to get the dragons).

Sorry, I got a off topic.

Nooo, please don't go down to just one dragon per release. ;~; I'm one of those people that would be okay with more than two dragons per release, lol. So many other sites release way more than we do anyway. I'm glad to have regular releases (although I do think we maybe need to change things so that: biomes move, the AP isn't so backed up and clogged with tons of cbs, and users don't have to stress over grabbing dragons from large releases or just stress at all whether they'll be able to get the dragons).

I'm with this too. The new release have me playing DC much more then before. Usually I would only be active around the holidays when I know we are getting more dragons and just coming back every few weeks once or twice to see what was happening. Now I come on around once a week or more. It's nice to have so many releases. I would be sad if we cut back and play less like before.

I'll just also note here that due to exclusivity, we are thinking about closing DR. We're waiting for the cleared up exclusivity to be announced, though.

blink.gif

What do you mean? I know about the backlog, but what do you mean by a problem with exclusivity?

Please explain?

Personally, two new releases a month has been working perfectly for me. I have been managing to pick up the CBs I want, apart from the Green Lindwurms and Green Coppers, and I think those will be settling down soon since more sightings are being reported.

One would be too few breeds per month. Maybe a random 3, but 2 is really perfect and gives me room to work on other ideas while still allowing me to get what I need of the new breeds. smile.gif

ETA: And just to be clear, YES to the 24 hour flood. biggrin.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

Despite the massive backlog of completed requests, all of which I want to see in the cave, you know what I would like to see in place of one of the new-breed releases next year? A BSA release. There are so many suggested BSAs that would be insanely helpful in gameplay. I'd like to see it work out something like this:

TJ announces at the beginning of the scheduled new release that instead of new breeds, he's releasing BSAs for 5-10 breeds, and the caves will be flooded exclusively with those breeds for the day in equal ratios. We're able to collect any uncommons that have a new BSA that day, along with any others that we might be missing. The first few hours would be spent trying to figure out which dragons have the new BSAs and what they all do. Some might be less useful than others (like Expunge was), but we might finally see Heal/Protect released for Whites or Guardians or Mints, some sort of hatchie incubate, a goofy BSA or two like the one proposed for Misfit Pygmies, and in general, have a large amount of usefulness in several breeds and variety added to our game plans.

Now, of course, I'm kind of pipe-dreaming here, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work out quite the way I've proposed here. But I'd love to see something like this happen, and soon.

Edited by LibbyLishly

There needs to be programmed massdrops to ensure that the new releases will drop without distruption from other breeds for a full 24h period. The current system of "let the ratios work itself out" massdrops is simply unfair to some timezones as well as players who have real life stuff to deal with.

If that is not possible, with the current mess of a release I'll say that 1 breed per month is very enough.

Kinda like the BSA mass-Release idea, but I'd settle for new BSA Releases like a Nurture and Heal any way they arrive...

And (as previously mentioned) totally agree with the 24-hour Flood of New Releases, which should not affect ratios, but allow for people to catch the new dragons easily at least over the next week.

While the relative few with fast systems might like a challenge, everything's a challenge for some, and people showing up for Release should at least be able to catch new dragons when they're first introduced.

It turns out that a number of newer players/people on slower systems/phones have still not caught commons from the most recent Releases, and some feel that there's no point in their even trying for Holidays or New Releases, despite the last one having been easier than some.

Why should new people stay in a game, when they're shut out of what should be exciting new Releases of dragons, and have to rely on others to catch even new commons well after their release, which are still in demand but easy to obtain on a more functional but not terribly speedy system?

A generally slow-paced game on what's intended to be a family site, in order to grow and survive, needs to appeal to those who are not gamers looking for a fast, competitive game, but for the average Joe/Josephine on an older/cheaper computer and slower connection speed, that being what most people likely to be enticed by this sort of site can afford.

Closing how? Will breeds currently being worked on be allowed to finish?

On topic: yes, the current release system is a hot mess. Commons, like the recent releases, are still hard to catch this long after their release despite the fact that they appear fairly frequently (I hang out in the Coast looking for Blusangs and sometimes try clicking the new releases). That said, I still prefer the 2/month system (or 3/month if one's a hybrid) to 1/month. The backlog's just too huge for 1/month to be viable.

I suspect it'd be less of a problem if the biomes actually moved, but that's a discussion for another thread.

On topic: yes, the current release system is a hot mess. Commons, like the recent releases, are still hard to catch this long after their release despite the fact that they appear fairly frequently (I hang out in the Coast looking for Blusangs and sometimes try clicking the new releases). That said, I still prefer the 2/month system (or 3/month if one's a hybrid) to 1/month. The backlog's just too huge for 1/month to be viable.

This! I've LONG given up on catching coppers.

I like having two a month. Its great to get a male and female to breed, even if you don't have a trophy. I play so much more with the releases going on. The birthday release was fun, but it was getting to be too much near the end. 2 is perfect, but one isn't enough with all of the pretty thing waiting in the completed section.

I must admit that I hate to see creativity and selection being cut off by closing the ability to add new dragons to the Completed section, although I can see that the backlog may be creating issues for those attempting to deal with with this.

But, as I see it, the problem is that so few dragons were released for so many years - and we still have about 6 months of each year in which new dragons will apparently not be Released at all, due to 3 Holidays being Dropped during this period, while the continuing over-production of various Blocker breeds are STILL not being crowded out into more manageable numbers by an influx of new Commons which, if permitted, would help to alleviate this issue.

Personally, I'd still suggest the Release of even a single Common at the beginning of months where Holiday Releases at the end of the month are occurring, provided that they Flood and Drop in sufficient numbers for at least a week following, to allow people to load up on them and hatch a couple of scroll-fulls prior to breeding periods for upcoming Holiday dragons.

One problem with single-sprite Releases is that not everyone's going to like every dragon and (edit: some) may therefore be disappointed.

But in this manner, at least there would be some degree of increased variety introduced into the pool of Commons to help dilute Blockers and get the biomes moving at least a little more on an incremental basis than currently occurs, with only 6 months of Releases of, generally, a maximum of 2 sprites being added to be additionally Dropped in the Cave.

Especially as a number of these have been/are likely to be unCommons and with some of these effectively becoming rare, due to demand, and therefore not assisting with the current Blocker problems spoiling play for so many.

Edited by Syphoneira