Red2111

New release Feedback

I hate anything with an ALT when it's released with other breeds. Alts are hard enough to get already.

Honestly I always think of alts as something to aspire toward obtaining in the future. I understand that the likelihood of me getting an alt upon release is VERY low. That's the fun about it... that's why you keep grabbing more and hatching more in hopes of getting that illusive alt!

I would like to mention one positive aspect of multiple dragons in releases - not everybody likes every dragon sprite, and it's disappointing to have loaded up on something that may not much appeal to your personal taste, and to have stayed up however many nights to have done it.

But if you like one or two of 2 or 3 New Releases on your scroll, at least you have something to show for it, and representatives of the others which will do you, so that you can devote all energies to getting more of what you like.

Of course, this only holds true if you can actually catch any, lol, and the lack of any after much trying would be less disappointing if you didn't much care for the sprite anyway.

But it would be infinitely preferable to be able to catch the darned things in the first place and at least have them, even if you gift half away after seeing the adults.

The excitement of regular New Releases dims considerably for people who have nothing to look forward to in them but the prospect of an awful lot of wasted time and effort.

I voted for 1 new breed per month. I love new dragons but I think it's sad how little time can be devoted to explore each new breed, you hardly have time to catch/trade for a pair of each and think about breeding or get back to your other projects when the next release has you drop everything you planned and rush to get the new eggs. And you HAVE to rush because the chances of catching after the first half of the release day or so decrease rapidly.

Having more than one new breed also usually leads to one breed being the favourite, which probably isn't very pleasant for the spriters who put a lot of work into the less popular breed.

i see one very interesting thing being said here and i want to voice it.

many users have expressed in this thread and others "why should i grab blocker breeds in cave, when i can usually pick up CBers either cave born or with nice lineages in the AP that are inuhatchable."

i agree with this and ever since the AP started with the incuhatchable eggs, eggs i otherwise wouldnt' pick up (albinos, canopys, balloons, greys, pebbles, ect) i have been picking up and hatching and keeping.

i thnk truely though, this is why the cave has gone to a stand still. people overwhelmingly love the new AP style and dont want to see that go away, which is why there is a lot of call for TJ to do soemthing abotu the in cave CBers (like having the cave auto kick them) and there is a thread dedicated to this exact solution that people should take the discussion to for that.

long drunken ramble put short. with the AP offering more desirable CBers, people are not goign to pick them up in cave like they used to and the cave is gogin to continue to move slower egg wise.

I think having 2-3 a month hybrid or not is great. Before there would be a month or two or more without a single new dragon. Made the cave dull if you are like me who does not work on personal lineages that much. I had actually stopped picking up eggs and breeding just due to nothing being new. Once the new breds started I have slowly came back. Started to breed my own again due to the new ones and hybrids coming out.

One thing I do hope is that for at least the first day of the release it is only the new eggs. It was very hard to catch some of the new ones this time and took me hours to get the very last one I needed. I don't think it's overly fair to the ones who don't have as much time as I do to have to miss them because everyone is stalking the cave or the old breeds start to show up to soon.

Meh. I don't mind that solid drops are shorter for regular releases. They're permanent additions to the cave, there'll be opportunity to get 'em.

I like the rate of releases, though. smile.gif

I don't mind 2-3 breed releases. One thing I would like though is longer initial drops of just the new breeds. For this month's release, both the hour and 5 minute drops were cleared in under a minute each time. Even though I was here at 12, it was still a problem, especially with the lag.

You have good chances to load up on a new release in the first 2-6 hours.

Which is the only thing that bothers me, as dc is supposed to be played by players around the globe as well as by various children.

If I lived in the us east, I'd likely not allow my kids to stay up late for a dc drop.

well, I live in middle europe. Cave drops are at 6am. No computer playing before school, no games in school, might mean them getting no new eggs at all.

So: one solid day is fair to everyone. 6 hours? not so.

I love the new release system. It makes the game even more exciting and fun. Catching the new breeds is challenging but not impossible (at least for me).

I'm fine with the current way, it doesn't matter to me if I miss few because it gives me something to catch later tho ofc I try to aim first at getting least one of each

The only reason people are distressed about the current release system is that the biomes don't move after a release, so after the initial flood (which has gotten increasingly shorter... this most recent one starting mixing at 3 AM cave time, which is completely unreasonable) it's nigh-impossible to get some releases (like the infamous coppers). 2-3 releases per month is fine, but there's a lot of other aspects of the releases that makes it far too difficult for many players to get those releases.

I don't know. I still don't think long floods are necessary for permanent releases. Whether they've been in the cave for two hours or since the beginning, some breeds are just more difficult to get than others, and will be more work to get your hands on. That's part of the game.

I think the current release schedule works well. The issues people are having getting the new eggs all seem to be related to blocker breeds and not the number of new releases. Decreasing the number of new releases would not change the issue of blockers, nor would increasing the number of new releases.

I think if there needs to be any change, it needs to be something to deal with the fact that there are breeds that don't get picked up in the cave. (as is being discussed in other threads)

I like having releases monthly; I know when to expect one and can prepare, and it doesn't get in the way of my breeding for other projects. I like seeing new dragons and it keeps the game exciting.

Regarding the amount of breeds in one release, I'm most comfortable with two. Having to hunt three breeds (incl. color variants) and get the CB pairs I need can get easily overwhelming; if there is a third breed release then I prefer that to be a hybrid.

I don't have much opinion on how long a new release should flood the biomes. :/

1. Two new eggs per month is perfect... three ONLY if it's a hybrid.

2. The mass drop should last 24 hrs with NO other eggs dropping.

3. The situation with the biomes not moving should be handled ASAP. I don't know how to fix it, but I think TJ should be working on that fix regardless of any other current issue.

4. I like the new AP and I like the idea of more hatchling slots. I'd raise a LOT more commons if I had more hatchling slots.

I like the *pace* of new releases right now.... but the timespan of the mass-drops are frankly ridiculous.

When I come online FOUR HOURS after new breeds are released, and they are ALREADY mixing with commons to the point where I end up nearly scroll-locked with mis-clicked commons instead of the new releases? Four hours? I don't think that's fair to ANYONE.

I'd say the mass-drop should be at LEAST 12 hours.

I definitely agree that new eggs need to drop true for 24 hours.

I'd also really prefer that we got new releases every other month but I seem to be in the minority in having trouble keeping up with cave releases and all the other things I want to do. I think that dropping true for 24 hours would solve that problem though.

Edited by Paradiso

I dont really mind, but i make lists of what i need to collect( because i want to collect every dragon) and if there are too many it can get frustrating

I really wish the new releases would be the only eggs dropping for at least 24 hours instead of the fiasco of the Coppers and Opals. Other than this I really like the new monthly releases - although TWO is fine. Three gets a little hard, especially if they're dropping at a ridiculous rate like the Coppers and Green Opals.

I don't know. I still don't think long floods are necessary for permanent releases. Whether they've been in the cave for two hours or since the beginning, some breeds are just more difficult to get than others, and will be more work to get your hands on. That's part of the game.

Yes but people feel that if they cannot nab the new releases when they first come out, they will not be able to catch it period. This may or may not be the case. I don't think people should "fear" every new release dragon will be "rare or uncommon" so they stay here incessantly trying to catch something because...who knows when, or if they will be able to get a CB _____. I believe games are also suppose to be "fun". And from most people here, and on the release thread, people were not having it, they were upset that the blockers mixed in so fast and the blockers wouldn't budge because people want to fill up their scroll with the new eggs and not "help plumb the cave". Pretty much that is the last thing on peoples minds. They do not think "I need to unblock the cave for other people" noh. They are thinking about "me".

And as Amaterasu put it:

Bloodscales were supposed to be even more common than coppers from what I read so far, but they go straight in rare category too. And Opals are already raising hell even though they're two headed dragons. We can not have every new dragon becoming rare for months before it comes back to it original state, this makes people believe even more that yes, release is the ONLY time you can get lucky nabbing whatever you can, later on there is no guarantee what will happen because drops have been so unpredictable and cave stays stagnant on top of it. The rarity issue is beating players hard enough that everyone is paranoid about grabbing the releases on release day itself, thus making it even harder to catch something because so many people hunt cave during release. And seeing what happened to coppers, can you really blame them? I'm so glad I didn't listen to anyone when they said releases are permanent and grabbed whatever I could during bday release, or I'd be crying right now as well.

In all honesty, I hate those releases. I mean, the dragons are nice and everything, but it's so difficult to collect them all the time. For me at least, it takes loads of time and leaves little opportunity to collect what I like, and it's so annoying.

It was wonderful when we had very few releases here and there, there was enough time to do what one likes to do, be it lineages, collecting dragons of a certain breed or anything else. Now it takes me the whole month to catch up with everything and get my 6 pairs of each (+ 3 hatchies of each), it's too stressful.

To be short, I wish there were fewer releases. I realise that there may not be many people like me, but since it's a feedback thread, I feel like I need to mention it anyway. Personally I like it when things are calm and quiet, new dragons all the time are no good in my book.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

In all honesty, I hate those releases. I mean, the dragons are nice and everything, but it's so difficult to collect them all the time. For me at least, it takes loads of time and leaves little opportunity to collect what I like, and it's so annoying.

It was wonderful when we had very few releases here and there, there was enough time to do what one likes to do, be it lineages, collecting dragons of a certain breed or anything else. Now it takes me the whole month to catch up with everything and get my 6 pairs of each (+ 3 hatchies of each), it's too stressful.

To be short, I wish there were fewer releases. I realise that there may not be many people like me, but since it's a feedback thread, I feel like I need to mention it anyway. Personally I like it when things are calm and quiet, new dragons all the time are no good in my book.

The only reason that New Releases are frustrating and collecting the dragons is so time-consuming is that we aren't getting Floods and increased Drop rates of new dragons following these as we used to - virtually everyone wants to fill up on nothing but new eggs (duh, lol) while the Cave is routinely at a stand-still with waaaaay too many of some types of dragons being produced for the environment (us) to support them.

Many dragon types are simply not appearing, as some biomes are so blocked most people just don't bother with them any more, and, apart from New Releases, in which many are losing interest since they can't catch any new dragons, anyway, more and more people are giving up on the Cave - and on DC itself - entirely.

(Although it actually looked a little more varied to me last night, and I managed to catch two of the grey Opals, the only ones I'd ever been able to catch myself.)

At the time of a New Release, obviously nobody wants to sacrifice their limited spaces to anything else, short of something absolutely spectacular, so people are even less able than usual to pick up unwanted eggs, which results in the Cave STILL being frozen much of the time, even when there are a number of people present.

People get bored with refreshing Blockers and give up unproductive hunting, or fill up on Blockers/misclicks and are shut out of hunting and the process isn't fun for those who continue trying.

But if everyone present during the first week of the Release had had a chance to load up on the new dragons, with slower players around the world able to do so using the hammer-click method that works only during solid Floods, and had a chance to reload after the first batch hatched with heavier Drop rates at least for that first week or so, a lot of people would have enough and no longer be desperately hunting exclusively for the new eggs.

Right now, almost everyone is looking for the same too-rarely-dropping eggs, with virtually everything else on hold, in a Cave blocked with dragons most people already have enough of and that few people have room for, even if they'd otherwise take some - that situation wouldn't obtain under the above circumstances.

If you had several pairs of each type of the new dragons acquired in the first week of each Release, would you be feeling that you hated New Releases, or would you be excited by them, and looking forward to the next one?

If you had several pairs of each type of the new dragons acquired in the first week of each Release, would you be feeling that you hated New Releases, or would you be excited by them, and looking forward to the next one?
I think this question - which, to me, is a rhetorical one - nails the issue with releases.

Lately, we've had way too many uncommon/rare dragons being released: blusangs, tsunamis (although they should be common), golden wyverns, coppers (in three different varieties, no less), bloodscales, blacktips (which, I think, were supposed to be common, too), probably even bleeding moons (which are pretty rare, but not that rare)...

So, yes, we do get the feeling that, unless we manage to grab them now, we won't get a chance anytime soon. I remember the trio release. I was there, but pretty new - and thought that, eventually, people would get enough of them so I'd be able to grab some CBs. Guess what? It took me 8 months to get one my first CB trio. And guess what else? I'm not going to assume anything will be getting easier to catch with time ever again.

These new releases - with the old breeds mixing in way too quickly - remind me horribly of the Mod Mayhem release where everyone was scrambling to get any of the new eggs - and many of them were traded for metals (which hardly bred anything way back then as we were in the middle of the worst metal draught in DC history). Yes, a CB nebula easily traded for a low-gen metal. And even CB hellfires, sunsongs or BBWs could get you higher-gen metals back then.

Many of us didn't like it then, and we don't like the same thing happening now.

I'm perfectly happy with the rate of new releases.

But the flood time needs some changes. 24 hours at minimum.

And the issues with Cave Blockers also needs a LOT of fixing.

This is so much how I feel about the releases.

I enjoy collecting new dragons and everything, but I also enjoy doing nice things with them, and building lineages with them! And I feel like with a few lineage projects already going on, I don't have the time and scroll space to consider doing something with the new releases.

I often don't name my dragons, because I suck at finding creative names for them, and most of my dragons aren't named before I breed them. I have a lot of gorgeous new release sprites on my scroll, sitting there unnamed and forgotten, and this makes me sad sad.gif