TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

This pretty much explains a lot of how I feel about DC!! I recently joined another site that was vastly similar to Dragcave (and even with some familiar artists), and was wondering why I liked DC's sprites more, but you quite explained it to me.

I'm envious of all of you who have hatchlings already. I wanna go and grab at least one more undecided to have a pair. owo

Yes, that's why i'm drawn to a lot of the sprites produced by most of the very often used spriters that DC has.. Because they match general style of the cave.

I absolutely hate dinos unless for trade fodders.. They make my scroll look ugly in comparison to the beautifully sprited styles of DC

That's the reason i'm learning to sprite in the style DC is, there are plenty of ways of spriting but the kind in cave is the most beautiful to me.

ETA: Can we possibly have more rare dragons in the jungle/forest? The two biomes simply won't move.

I always hate to start a rush where I'm having success hunting lol, but I will say that I saw at least 3 Silvers go by in the Forest in the 12 am (cave time) drop. In addition to enough of the Opals for me to get some more while still missing most of them. xd.png

Of course, I certainly wouldn't say no to more rares if we can get them. lol

Lmao! You too, eh? xd.png I cannot believe we misclicked the same thing, bahaa. It was just a reflex click out of nowhere - and I don't have a single Summer Seasonal on my scroll! So.. why, finger. Why. I might just keep mine, though. o.o Maybe it's a sign from the cave.

I don't recall that, though. :3

A Spring or two ago, the Spring Seasonals just completely vanished (and many a lineage project was killed for an entire year), I was catching Golds easier than Springs. Now I have the hardest time shifting my brain back into the reality where A. they aren't that rare anymore, and B. I don't need any right now. laugh.gif

And it doesn't help that the pouty little faces on the hatchlings kills me every time!

I always hate to start a rush where I'm having success hunting lol, but I will say that I saw at least 3 Silvers go by in the Forest in the 12 am (cave time) drop.  In addition to enough of the Opals for me to get some more while still missing most of them. xd.png

Of course, I certainly wouldn't say no to more rares if we can get them. lol

Well, at least I guess the opals are an incentive to hunt more in the Forest because they drop there more regularly than in the jungle, and I can also testify that I saw a silver whoosh by biggrin.gif I meant something more in line with the rarity of golden wyverns rather than opals, which are comparable to trios, but yes.

Edited by ylangylang

Mine have started hatching, yay! Now to come up with a naming scheme for this release... maybe I'll wait until I see the adults and read their descrips. smile.gif

Well, at least I guess the opals are an incentive to hunt more in the Forest because they drop there more regularly than in the jungle, and I can also testify that I saw a silver whoosh by biggrin.gif I meant something more in line with the rarity of golden wyverns rather than opals, which are comparable to trios, but yes.

Ah, you meant permanent. I thought you meant some added in to to help the release move along - like more Golds and Silvers.

I've always wondered if maybe the Leetle Tree wasn't factored in as a "rare" in the Forests make up.I think that Seasonals are also supposed to be a steady draw for hunters but I don't know if that actually works. It's hard to tell what's real in regard to Seasonals and what's just player perspective that's still echoing from that Spring.

IMO, the Jungle could use the most help, but yeah, the Forest could use some really nice uncommons. And even if these turn out to be uncommon, I think that there should be some uncommons/rares that breed with the regular dragons, because until we get a few more 2 headed breeds, I'm not sure that the demand for these will remain so high.

Ah, you meant permanent. I thought you meant some added in to to help the release move along - like more Golds and Silvers.

I've always wondered if maybe the Leetle Tree wasn't factored in as a "rare" in the Forests make up.I think that Seasonals are also supposed to be a steady draw for hunters but I don't know if that actually works. It's hard to tell what's real in regard to Seasonals and what's just player perspective that's still echoing from that Spring.

IMO, the Jungle could use the most help, but yeah, the Forest could use some really nice uncommons. And even if these turn out to be uncommon, I think that there should be some uncommons/rares that breed with the regular dragons, because until we get a few more 2 headed breeds, I'm not sure that the demand for these will remain so high.

Unless they're so absolutely gorgeous, people like me will hoard them.

IMO, the Jungle could use the most help, but yeah, the Forest could use some really nice uncommons.  And even if these turn out to be uncommon, I think that there should be some uncommons/rares that breed with the regular dragons, because until we get a few more 2 headed breeds, I'm not sure that the demand for these will remain so high.

Oh yes. The opals won't be able to "spread" as much as the other "normal" dragons, because they're limited. I'm not sure if they will become very common though, considering that bloodscales are also a two-headed breed that's been going through a drought lately.

I think the incentives for the Forest are leetle trees, seasonals and (in the past; not as much now) stripes. Which is a whole lot less uncommons/rares than say, alpine.

And yes, poor Jungle...D:

ETA: I think another reason why they're so...disregarded? is because the ratio to commons vs. uncommons/rares is higher than that of Alpine, or say, Desert.

Edited by ylangylang

Unless they're so absolutely gorgeous, people like me will hoard them.

True, but for me it's kind of like the Glory Drakes. Absolutely stunning dragons, and they do move faster than some of the other eggs in the Forest. However, it's clear to see that their demand is undercut by the tiny breeding pool available.

So, although I have no doubt these new dragons will be gorgeous, I don't know if they're going to be enough to move the biome given that the have a much less sever, but still similar problem to the drakes.

However, it's clear to see that their demand is undercut by the tiny breeding pool available.

See, this is another issue I have with the forest-there are some very pretty dragons, but they are usually of different species (pygmies, drakes...) and so ppl don't look for them as much. :/

See, this is another issue I have with the forest-there are some very pretty dragons, but they are usually of different species (pygmies, drakes...) and so ppl don't look for them as much. :/

Exactly. When we first got new 2 headeds I was kind of bummed because I tend not to invest all that much in dragons where lineage opportunities are so limited. But seeing that this may be part of a concerted push to up the number of these breeds out there has me a bit more excited. I think that a really massive roll out of drakes, 2 headeds, and pygmies would be a breath of fresh air in the cave and could get people picking up eggs that they consistently pass over.

Frankly, if I knew that pygmy breeds were going to substantially increase, I'd start collecting those. And I can't be the only one.

I'm lucky because I just happened to have fresh CB Bloodscale and CB Split hatchies this weekend, and I didn't even know about the Two-Headed Madness to come. Combined with the few others on my scroll I hope to have some pretty two-headed lineages soon. smile.gif

Time just craaaaaaawwwwwlllllssss when we're waiting to see what TJ's dragons look like when they grow up. rolleyes.gif

Well I now have 7 cute hatchlings! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Grr! I'm getting so frustrated hunting! Not becase I can't see the new eggs or anything but cus the biomes are all plugged up with eggs nobody wants! It's such a pain waiting for them to move!

Grr! I'm getting so frustrated hunting! Not becase I can't see the new eggs or anything but cus the biomes are all plugged up with eggs nobody wants! It's such a pain waiting for them to move!

Wonderful, I'm not the only one who knows what those eggs are because their old and not the new release...

My undecideds (don't have opals) haven't even started to crack yet... I guess I didn't put them in enough click sites? How many sites do people normally use for good results during new releases?

My undecideds (don't have opals) haven't even started to crack yet... I guess I didn't put them in enough click sites? How many sites do people normally use for good results during new releases?

I used to use just one, but now I've got three I use. Eggs Around The World, Valley Sherwood, and The Allure of Neglected Dragons.

I usually put my eggs in anywhere between 2-5 click sites. It depends on how close they are to the hatch deadline. if it's under three days left then it goes into 5 groups for good measure.

I use:

Allure of Neglected Dragons

Eggs Around The World

Valleysherwood

DragHatch

Egg Drop Soup

they're all pretty good and the first two listed have an ER for dragons under 4 days left.

Do TJ's hatchlings have to wait until the 4-day mark to grow up, or are they special? I never paid attention before.

I completely forgot to check to see if there was a new release so now I'm behind. Managed to get 2 of the undecided eggs. Now just need the opals, but I gotta wait till 2 eggs hatch before I can go hunting again.

But I did get my gold trophy! Which was a complete surprise when I bred an egg and it stayed, instead of going to the AP like I thought it would. biggrin.gif

Edited by Amberose

Maintenance... trololololol! Still got a Blue Opal straight after, so maybe not all bad! All locked up with 5 Blue Opals, a Green Dino and a Glory (doh, spazzclick) - will trade for Green Opals later (Forrest moves too danged slow). Also saw a Copper in the Alpine! Congrats to whomever nabbed it! biggrin.gif