TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

It'd be nice if at least now that the drops are mixed that there be a reasonable amount of the new release eggs in them. The two colors are reasonably put in, but only see a couple opals per drop. My internet was nice enough to go down right before the drop started, so I didn't even have at shot at them then. I now have enough two colors, but haven't(like apparently many others) got one opal yet.

I just wanna catch an opal egg, darn it! Anyway, I think I recognize the undecided color hatchling. Can't remember for the life of me what the name was though. Any guesses, anyone?

The Opalescent eggs sort between the original Two (2?) Headed Dragons, and Albinos. The undecided ones sort between Dorsals and Electrics. Double Headed, maybe?

Edited by Riverwillows

Hey, easy there, people! Namecalling is rude in any direction, be it 'whiner' or 'greedy', and it does not help anyone!

Different playing styles are inherent to DC, and fine!

So can we please calm down?

I'm frustrated too, and have said so, but I'm frustrated with the game mechanics. People catching as many eggs as they can is not the reason that the mass drop didn't even last a day! It's the game mechanics that cause this, not how other people play.

I agree with Sir Barton and others that voicing frustration and suggesting alternatives is important because otherwise the frustrating things won't get better.

I definitely think something needs to be changed code-wise, and that Mass Drops should last at least 24 hours (I'd prefer them to last 48 hours, so that people who can't get online on weekends also have a decent chance). I can't see anything wrong with giving everyone who is an active player during a release a good and realistic chance to catch a CB pair of the newly released breed.

But attacking other players is not helping anyone!

Just caught my first two blue opals. biggrin.gif Now I'm egglocked again till tomorrow.

The S2 hatchies look really interesting. I'm curious about the "indecision" dragon: I wonder if it shows some funny results in breeding.

Oh, and for anyone who hasn't checked yet, Earthgirl did the Opalescent ones, and Mysfytt did the undecided ones. Well done, folks!!! Both types are wonderful.

I think the second one might be Dual-tone... Maybe... in ANY case, thank you Earthgirl and Mysftt! We like our new hatchies! *goes back to studying and hunting for opals* Whited until I figure out how to make spoiler tags.

Edited by Shokomon

Blockers, blockers, everywhere, and not an Opal in sight. I swear to the gods of Dragon Cave, as soon as I catch that green Opal I will let myself go back to sleep and let everyone else get them without me as competition. So please, Dragon Cave gods of fortune and stagnant caves, see my prayer.

I have resigned myself to not getting any Opals until well after the release. laugh.gif Hopefully, the demand will die a bit. On the bright side, the ones that were easy to catch - the confused ones - look AWESOME!

The problem is not with some people being able to catch and loading up on eggs, whether to keep or gift - that's what people are here for, and good for those who can.

The problem is with the proportions of eggs relative to users being Dropped, and with the lack of adequate Floods preventing probably most people from being able to not only catch their fill of the eggs they want, but quite often, in what seems to be a worsening situation, any at all.

This isn't a question of points or of winning or losing, it's a collection game, and a community.

This was a family site when I joined, although many seem to have have left now, with most players having older puters/slower connections, and it's a slow game, with days being taken both to hatch eggs AND also to raise hatchies, and with a week or more expiring between the ability to use functions integral to the game (for almost certainly most, if not all, people,) ranging from breeding attempts (that frequently fail repeatedly) to BSAs - DC is NOT some sort of high-speed action game where you have to kill 47 enemies at top speed while scaling walls or mountains under fire and with a time limit.

And that's one reason why there are so many people who have joined DC who aren't fast catchers for whatever reason, and likely avoid fast, competitive games, partly because they may not like them, and because relatively few people, (and fewer all the time,) can afford fast equipment and internet.

The main purpose of DC is, to the best of my knowledge, simply to catch/breed and/or raise, trade, and/or gift dragons and it would be nice if the average Joe/Josephine could do this and if everyone could actually play rather than having the Cave Blocked.

There's a big difference having to compete for eggs in Drops where a variety of eggs somebody's likely to be able to use are appearing and being grabbed, and watching the same few sprites people typically already have enough of being refreshed, until a whole swack of people sacrifice spaces they need for dragons they want through what's likely the rest of that day's recreational time.

It's just too-often not very game-like and more like rush hour, being stuck in a bumper-to-bumper bummer...

Yup. There HAS to be a middle ground somewhere between these ridiculous releases that only have one or two flood drops at the very beginning and releases where nothing but the new egg drops for four or five days. This one was pretty ridiculously skimpy for as many players as DC has. Heh, after this release, I wouldn't be surprised if DC loses a lot of players. Not good business at all.

Nevermind this isn't fun anymore. I didn't realize I was going to be attacked.

I just want the adults to get here.

Edited by Earth Gurl

Yup. There HAS to be a middle ground somewhere between these ridiculous releases that only have one or two flood drops at the very beginning and releases where nothing but the new egg drops for four or five days. This one was pretty ridiculously skimpy for as many players as DC has. Heh, after this release, I wouldn't be surprised if DC loses a lot of players. Not good business at all.

Personally, I've gone from being an addict for years to not really missing DC (even though I'm sorry about missing out on the dragons Released ) during recent periods where I've not got on here for extended periods.

I love the sprites and the dragons I've collected over the past 5 years, but it's no fun not being able to catch or breed, and like many others, I need stress RELIEF in my recreational time.

Let's face it, RL often sucks and DC used to help many of us through the worst periods, rather than adding to the general suckiness of existence, lol.

Edit: dear spriters - we adore your babies and we want them so badly, we'd like to be able to catch them, lol.

But if we don't express the problems with these issues, they'll continue to worsen.

Re-edit: would just like to point out that if those people representing the huge numbers of users who are generally not having much fun here anymore but care enough about the site to remain/come back and try to agitate for fixes are restricted to a separate area where they and the ongoing problems can rot, ignored and out of the mainstream, the problems will never be rectified and the degree of contempt shown for the user's experience and feelings by such actions won't do a whole lot for them, either... isolating us is not a solution and we'd make a pretty big bulge, swept under the carpet like that. sad.gif

Further re-edit: not sure who's supposed to be belligerent - nobody seems so to me?

I think these are just people making an effort to have a game they play for fun made fun...

MOAR re-edit: hi, Ayelldee! Yes, but we probably don't mention it so much because we virtually all live - and grow regrettably accustomed to and bizarrely accepting of - that general suckiness of existence, don't we? lol

Even MOAR re-edit: thanks, Ayelldee, maybe just a quick cup of cocoa before I catch a couple of hours of sleep - still up at 9 AM, lol.

Edited by Syphoneira

If a seperate complaints thread is to be established, then one thing that should be made clear is whether it is a means of communicating directly with TJ. Because over the last few months it doesn't seem to me that discussion anywhere on the forums is really being listened to by him, as the sole person who can actually make changes to the site. There's no point in people making complaints and suggestions if the one person who needs to hear them isn't there interacting with the userbase.

I really like the new dragons we've been gifted, the artists are extremely talented and dedicated. And I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into creating them and all that is DC.

However, I was under the impression that what we've been discussing WAS in reference to this new release. Sorry it hasn't all been "Well golly gee! Everything is wonderful and everyone here is happy as a little clam! And isn't it wonderful that there are new eggs that not everyone can get, but oh well that's real life (instead of the game it is) so-suck-it-up-get-used-to-it-deal-with-it-ya-pansies!"

I've ALREADY stopped catching and gifting - so I don't come off as 'getting more than my share' - but I DO feel as if we all have the right to squawk about things like this ridiculously short new release flood-that-was-a-trickle.

ETA: @ Syph - "General suckiness of existence" GOOD one! biggrin.gif Hadn't used that one in a while!

Edited by Ayelldee

Congratulations Earthgirl and Mysfytt on the release, the hatchlings are lovely.

I love the new dragons, but was unable to catch them due to being at my brother's wedding. Is there anyone who is willing to share one of each with me?

If I'm one of the ones you consider to be 'attacking' you, I apologise most profusely for having an opinion that didn't match yours.

ETA: Syph, maybe you'd better come sit in my corner so they can fence us off and keep us from belligerent-i-fying the entire release thread. I have cookies, cocoa, coffee - anything yr lil heart desires.

Edited by Ayelldee

Yes! I finally got my blue Opal pair!

Which is the best place to find green Opals: Forest or Jungle?

Finally have 2 of each and have influenced to have pairs. Thank Merlin for the trading threads! I may have traded a little more more than I needed for that last Green Opal, but it was worth it to not have to battle the cave anymore tongue.gif

I wish everyone the best of luck! And remember, this is a GAME. It's meant to be FUN. Not everyone is going to get everything they want, if they did, it wouldn't be as much fun! And consider trading for what you need... that's part of the fun of the game as well. I'm sure these eggs are a permanent edition. In a week people will be back to collecting the regular rares like Golds, Silvers, and Blusangs.

Have fun, stay awesome, keep calm and carry on!

I honestly don't see anyone here attacking you or aiming their complaints at you - people who are complaining have issues with the site and how it functions, or are arguing with eachother, not you inparticular. All I have seen is praise as far as your dragons/sprites are concerned. I personally have no issue with you or your art, and think your sprites are lovely just as everyone else does, but people can't be considered less than adult just for voicing their general concerns.

Yes! I finally got my blue Opal pair!

Which is the best place to find green Opals: Forest or Jungle?

I found mine in the Forest.