TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Skauble, discussion is one thing. That is fine. Name calling, whining, that is is another and does not belong in this thread.

There is a difference between "....hmm, can't seem to get an egg yet. Oh well. The eggs are great....etc etc" and "I wish people wouldn't grab so many eggs, I can't get any, this is unfair, I'm going to quit, my internet is too slow and I am soooooo unhappy....etc etc ad nauseum."

One belongs here. The other does not. And honest frustration with the system needs to go in the Help Thread.

And name calling is out no matter what. This game takes a certain amount of time investing. If you can't do that, then please, find another game. Don't penalize the rest of us who have more practice. Try some patience. We've all been where you are. And you will eventually be where we are, if you invest time, and don't act like a 5 year old.

Edited by Riverwillows

you'll are going to get this thread closed - you know that don't you

After a lot a patience and 'sorry - the egg is gone' I finally got myself one green egg, one blue egg and 3 stripy eggs - yay me and yay new eggs..

After a lot a patience and 'sorry - the egg is gone' I finally got myself one green egg, one blue egg and 3 stripy eggs - yay me and yay new eggs..

Yes, yes they do

The real question is why does anybody with slow internet want to catch dragons on release day? Wait a few days, damn, you're just gonna be saving yourself a lot of frustration. =P

Wellll, typically because the biggest drop occurs on the release day, non? After the initial rush, it's much harder to get them in large quantities. Chances are even slimmer if the adult breed is deemed "hoard-worthy".

It's been a day and I still haven't been able to catch opals. Trade is looking to be my only option, atm. Now, the monthly release time doesn't favour my timezone at all so I've never been able to test this, but I'm fairly certain my odds of catching would be slightly better if I could be present for the first drops. The chance of misclicking is virtually zero if you're early enough. Personally, I don't really think it's a matter of wanting to catch the eggs immediately after release, per se. It's more like wanting the same unparalleled "environment" that is notably gone within hours(?) of the first handful of waves. At least that's how I see it. x3

I made my point. Won't say any more.

I just wonder when we are going to get another BSA egg? And I am glad we are getting more two headeds. I can see all the nice lineages now.....!!! smile.gif

I just wonder when we are going to get another BSA egg? And I am glad we are getting more two headeds. I can see all the nice lineages now.....!!! smile.gif

Me too biggrin.gif

I'm hoping they'll look nice with the bloodscales especially. o3o I mean, I love the original splits and all but I don't think they "match" quite so well. x3 The colours look promising, I must say. .u.

I do think some people are uncivil in their complaints, and I certainly don't think egg locking with new eggs is greedy, though I do know how irritating it is when people egg lock in minutes and you struggle for several hours for a pair of eggs. But that is as it is. I am content to be patient and honestly only have difficulty with some of the rarer eggs. I don't overly care that about getting them now but I also recognise that often if you DON'T get them NOW NOW NOW, when they are relatively common, then you won't get them for weeks or more.

This is a problem for the dedicated players - the one who know a release is happening and plan to hunt it. But due to timezones/school/work/real life stuff, they miss the initial release by hours - by which time the new eggs are ALREADY HARD TO CATCH . If on top of this they have slow internet or poor reflexes, then it may be weeks before they can get the new eggs. This is upsetting already established players, people with developed scrolls, to the point that they threaten to leave the game. If it does this to them, then the affect on new players will be catastrophic.

Something has to change or releases are going to stop being fun for a large number of players. I don't see that extending flooding for a few more hours would harm anyone, and it would probably solve a large number of the problems.

To be honest, I am all for changing certain aspects of the gameplay, such as mossy eggs, but what really grates me are the people who blame OTHERS for the bad luck they're having and want to PENALIZE others somehow. That really gets to me for some reason...

I completely agree that this is not a player issue and so I don't think blaming other players will help. Players are doing what they're supposed to be doing - filling their scrolls and completing goals within the boundaries that the game has put in place. This is definitely a gameplay issue and should have an in-game fix.

But I see being vocal about the problem with the game is a good thing. Look at how long it took to get teleport implemented. Sometimes things here take the long path to change, so IMO the feedback and brainstorming is a really good thing.

I do think that should, as per board rules and basic niceness, never be uncivil on any side. When it becomes less than civil, I agree that it gets grating. But I've seen a lot of positive input in the way of suggestions this time and I find that encouraging.

From what the mods have said thus far, if we attack the topic and not each other then we should be okay. Z usually does a great job of poking us into a brief group hug formation. laugh.gif

but I'm fairly certain my odds of catching would be slightly better if I could be present for the first drops. The chance of misclicking is virtually zero if you're early enough.

Ah, I also live in another time zone, so I can personally attest to this.

1. If the commons don't start dropping soon, you have better luck around 2~3 hours after the release-most people on the U.S East Coast are starting to go to sleep, and people on the West Coast are starting/haven't started yet.

2. If it's a holiday drop, meaning that there isn't anything else, 5 hours after the release was prime time for me.

4. If the commons do start dropping soon and such, I find the best play time is right when the clock strikes 12:00 AM cavetime, just quickly go through the biomes and grab a few eggs, because usually there are less than 50 people. biggrin.gif

Day 2 and still no luck hunting or trading for opals. huh.gif Damn this is harder than coppers, even though they are two headed.

This is a problem for the dedicated players - the one who know a release is happening and plan to hunt it. But due to timezones/school/work/real life stuff, they miss the initial release by hours - by which time the new eggs are ALREADY HARD TO CATCH . If on top of this they have slow internet or poor reflexes, then it may be weeks before they can get the new eggs. This is upsetting already established players, people with developed scrolls, to the point that they threaten to leave the game. If it does this to them, then the affect on new players will be catastrophic.

Something has to change or releases are going to stop being fun for a large number of players. I don't see that extending flooding for a few more hours would harm anyone, and it would probably solve a large number of the problems.

Yeah, I'm pretty much in this boat (about the timezone thing). It's not great, but I just shrug because really, it's not like the old spontaneous releases were kinder to me anyway. XD

Flooding. That was the word I was looking for! But of course I went with "environment" *facepalm* Oh vagueness. I agree, though. o3o

How long do you think the main drop will be? I'm wondering if I should abandon my bred eggs or if they'll have enough time to hatch so I can hunt....

I think it's really poor sportsmanship to whine and call others "greedy" just because you can't seem to get an egg.

I have two of each of the new eggs, male and female, that's all I want. Yet, I am "greedy" simply because I have them, and someone else doesn't. I really get tired of this. Every new egg release its the same thing. We are all punished because a few people don't have fast internet connections, and want the new egg NOW instead of being patient and hunting them for a few days. Most of the time, the new eggs go down in popularity after a week and two and become easier to get thru trades or drops. But no....people have to have them NOW NOW NOW....and the rest of us get called unfair names.

I used to try to get eggs to gift, I'm not going to do that anymore. It really sours me on the whole being helpful and generous ideal.

Yeppers! THis^^^ just SO this!! I used to really enjoy being able to snag new egs for those who couldn't. I even gave away more CB Coppers when they came out than I still have on my Scroll. I got called a hoggish hoarder. I've not nabbed another new egg to gift since. It makes me kinda sad until I see people are STILL calling others hoarders at each new release.

I can think of a couple of ways to make people less frustrated with new releases...

1). To implement 24 hours of mass drops of the new eggs, and new eggs only. I noticed especially with this release that just several hours into the New Release, the cave starts going back to it's blocked, stagnant state of endless cave-blockers and few New Release eggs mostly at the top of the hour. If we at least had 24 hours of nothing but new eggs, there may be many less-frustrated people around here. This will also make things a bit more fair for people in different time zones.

2). Maybe instead of every month, the New Releases can be every other month? The more frequent releases don't honestly affect me that much as my "quota" that I collect is generally low. But I have spoken with others whose general breed goals/quotas are larger than mine, and whose "wishlists' just keep growing with the difficult to get breeds that keep being released at a frequent rate than what used to be back in the day. This will give people at least some time to work on getting the latest release breeds before they have to scramble to catch still more new breeds.

So, those are my opinions on the matter of New Release events. Obviously, anybody is more than welcome to take 'em or leave 'em, dissect 'em or dis 'em. No skin off my nose tongue.gif

Well, I got a blue egg, a green egg and a stripe egg. I'm done for this drop.

The Hatchlings look great. I particularly like the red and purple one. It reminds me of my feelings about the original two-headed dragon. I always wished there was a way to keep the half-light blue, half-dark blue thing for the adult sprites instead of the adults being one or the other.

managed to get 5 of the undecided eggs. Didn't want so much of them biggrin.gif

Have seen several opals, but was not able to chatch them.

Is it just me or where releases (like two years ago) with more eggs of the new breed? I remember whole days only droping the new eggs.

Yeah, they used to drop more frequently, but all of a sudden the new breeds started dropping ridiculously low amounts on their first day.

I think it's really poor sportsmanship to whine and call others "greedy" just because you can't seem to get an egg.

I have two of each of the new eggs, male and female, that's all I want. Yet, I am "greedy" simply because I have them, and someone else doesn't. I really get tired of this. Every new egg release its the same thing. We are all punished because a few people don't have fast internet connections, and want the new egg NOW instead of being patient and hunting them for a few days. Most of the time, the new eggs go down in popularity after a week and two and become easier to get thru trades or drops. But no....people have to have them NOW NOW NOW....and the rest of us get called unfair names.

I used to try to get eggs to gift, I'm not going to do that anymore. It really sours me on the whole being helpful and generous ideal.

I don't believe that calling people who voice their complaints "whiners" is any better than them calling you greedy.

People have legitimate complaints. While the so called "greed" of other players is not truly one of those, it does show that there is a problem that needs to be addressed. Until the problem is fixed, people will continue to complain, and should. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. The only way for the game to continue to function is for it to meet the needs of the user base. It can't meet the needs of the user base if it doesn't know where it's failing them. It's the people with the courage to speak up who will make a difference and hopefully in the long run see the game improved for us all.

I also don't see how anyone is being punished for having a fast internet. Their complaints does not stop you from playing the game as you see fit so how is that punishing? I'm actually not trying to be argumentative, I just don't understand that train of thought.

As to the people wanting the eggs now. Well that's part human nature since we live in a narcissistic hedonistic society, and part of knowing that there is always a chance that if you don't get the egg on the day of the release, you might never see it again. The Coppers taught us that all too well and you can't expect people to not react to that. Coppers are "uncommon". We now know that the Opals are uncommon. While I don't believe they will be impossible to get, many people are not willing to take that risk anymore.

Edit: lanette, I actually like the releases coming monthly so would not like to see that changed, but I couldn't agree more with having mass drops lasting 24 hours. I think that is the only fair way to give everyone a chance. A lot of eggs can be released in a day so ratios might need to be tweaked a bit to keep the new breds from going into a drought after, but I still don't understand why this isn't a doable solution to a large part of the problem.

Edited by Sir Barton

such beautiful creatures

xd.png

awesome work again

looking forward to it being adult soon

I wouldn't mind this drop as much if they were going to be common. But I still haven't caught a CB Tsunami, haven't seen coppers in a long time, and couldn't catch another gold wyvern if I tried. I don't have reflexes or internet like the rest, I rely on being there for the releases to be part of that initial flood. I see an announcement, but that wasn't a flood. That was a leak.

Traded for a Blue opal. Now if only I managed to get a second one so I can have two of each xd.png

*flexes click-fingers*

I don't have slow internet, yet I still don't have any of the Opalescent Eggs. However, I don't feel comfortable voicing my frustrations because I'll be yelled at. The forums have become such an unfriendly, hostile place and it's ridiculous, especially considering how many young players we have.

Also, grabbing eggs you don't want in order to 'gift' them just makes it harder for those of us that do want them to catch them. And it makes you look like you want to decide who's 'worthy' of having the eggs. That is where unfairness comes in. Once you have what you want, stop catching them and let us get our own.

I say it's better for a gifter to catch eggs to gift than for them to not catch to gift and have it fall to real hoarders. Even if there are 'hoarders', I really don't care because we do have egg limits and if they can catch, whoopty-do for them. I just dislike when they come on the forum and start calling us slow-clickers 'whiners' because of it. It's more the biters and earthquakers that get under my skin...

Still need a green opal. Of course it's my favorite color that I'm missing.

EDIT: You know what the WORST part about Opals being uncommon will be? People can only breed them with each other, Undecideds and splits. There will be so much less of them than something like Coppers, which I can breed with no difficulty. They won't even be able to breed with higher-up rares or Holidays out of Holiday season...

Edited by Luckyclaw

Also, grabbing eggs you don't want in order to 'gift' them just makes it harder for those of us that do want them to catch them. And it makes you look like you want to decide who's 'worthy' of having the eggs. That is where unfairness comes in. Once you have what you want, stop catching them and let us get our own.

Whoa. Now THAT'S unfair!! Most of us who do (did) catch for gifting used the gifting threads where everyone has a chance. Those don't "decide who gets what" it's completely neutral. At least, for me it was. Also many others I know.

If a person doesn't boo hoo complain, and accuse, then they are not a whiner. If they just calmly express regret for not catching any, that's ok.

Edited by Riverwillows