TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Locked with 2 undecided, 3 green opals, 1 blue opal and a beautiful little summer egg I couldn't resist <3

Good luck to those still hunting, and the hatchlings look beautiful smile.gif

Plus, the AP will probably be full of undecided eggs in 3 more days biggrin.gif

I got two undecideds easily, but rather than stress myself out looking for the opals (which regardless of what the spriter says will be rare) I traded for the other ones. Now I have a pair of each kind, gendered and incubated. Just waiting for TJ's to grow up to see what they are.

Gonna go play some more RTC3 now for awhile. laugh.gif

The cave layout goes "derp" again but I don't see it a problem - since the site seems to work a bit faster without all these background images. Got an 'overburdened' message on an Opal. c:

/2 hours left for scroll to unlock D:

People who have fast internet and the time to sit in front of the computer can gather all the rares they want. I don't even care, man. They shouldn't be handicapped. =P It's a damn game, of course some people have advantages or disadvantages!

That being said, if anyone is having a hard time catching the undecided eggs (somehow), I've got like five.

Yeah, once in a while, for a short time, to let people who don't already have a scroll full of metals or whatever, just to give other people a chance. Sorry that such an idea offends people so much.  I withdraw my suggestion. Let people with faster internet and the time to sit in front of the computer for hours on end gather dozens of rare eggs.  I no longer care.  Have fun.  It's just a game and one no longer so interesting now I know more about the people I'm playing with.

As if people CAN gather dozens of eggs with scroll limits. If you are gonna randomly attack people for being ~greedy~ please make it realistic.

Edited by ylangylang

I think this is one of the reasons I left DC for three years... it's way too hard to get the new releases... you got 50+ people online at 5 am trying to get 1 egg an you keep refreshing and seeing the same 3 dumb eggs you don't want and you know you have to turn off the computer and go to work or you will be late.... i wish new eggs would have drops of just new eggs for the first like two days > < same with holidays

Got meself a rainbow egg, cant wait to snag one more and hunt opals. Nice bit is that there not 'copper-rare' as in I never saw a cb copper since the release

The gendered hatchies are adorable biggrin.gif

Still haven't managed to catch an opal yet and I have been on the computer on and off since the new release started tongue.gif

Edited by isstiautng

The real question is why does anybody with slow internet want to catch dragons on release day? Wait a few days, damn, you're just gonna be saving yourself a lot of frustration. =P

The real question is why does anybody with slow internet want to catch dragons on release day? Wait a few days, damn, you're just gonna be saving yourself a lot of frustration. =P

Because there's a chance that after release day passes they will never get to see another CB one. It's happened in the recent past, so it's not unreasonable.

As Guillotine points out, many of us often find that our only chance of catching New Releases is during the Flood or while they're still Dropping at higher rates - otherwise, if desirable eggs, we may rarely, if ever, see them.

Also, low Drop rates in Releases traditionally has meant uncommon/rare status, and it's now darned near impossible for slower people to catch these once they start Dropping at typical levels, even if the Cave actually moves.

Whatever the actual case may be, the result of current circumstance make it appear that that only certain commons of the types that virtually everyone has enough of already are increased in number along with the numbers of players, and the results are that many players are losing interest in a collecting game where they can't collect the dragons they want, and are frequently unable to hunt at all, due to the Blockers plugging the Cave.

I remember my first days on DC, with rather bad internet... I couldn't catch any rare off the AP - no Thunders, Magmas, Golds, even Pinks were a problem. However somehow I have managed to catch a Silver that my friend dropped for me, and back then there was no Teleport bsa.

Now I have even better internetz. Still "managed" to miss two CB Golds in a 2-days span in the same biome stalked by... max 20 people? So yeah, this is a proof that not everyone with good connection can snag dozens of metals right away, and not everyone with bad connection are destined to get a nope. Indeed, these CB Golds were a major heartbreak and reason to flip tables in frustration, but I live with hope I will get one someday.

Not talking about Coppers, okay, they're an extreme example, I saw only one after their release. And maybe 3-5 CB Blusangs.

>6d3h

>already gendered

omg.<3

Ok, I think I'll give up trying to catch some green opalescent. I was lucky enough to get two blue one, while the "undecided" eggs seems quite easy to get.

I'll probably try to trade for some greens in some days. rolleyes.gif

Waiting used to be a viable option - wait a day, or even half a day, and the demand would die down as people egg locked, but at least for a while the supply remained plentiful. But recently the frequency with which the new eggs drop declines rapidly - BEFORE the demand has ceased.

I have middling internet speed and average reflexes, and the only time I really manage to catch things is when they are flooding, and that is simply because I click madly without having to read any text. Even then I often take several drops before I get the 2 or 3 eggs I want.

I didn't mind when I missed a new drop by several days and then found they were hard to get (see: blusangs, Golden Wyverns, tsunamis), but when I find it hard the day of the release, it is a bit disheartening

I have managed to get the multi-colour and the blue opal, but I suspect that the green opals are going to go the way of the green coppers - another addition to my list of 'difficult' eggs to get.

I know that the game cannot be made too easy or people will lose interest, but the fact that a day out of a new release and they are already hard to catch is making it too hard, and that will make people lose interest too.

I have a slow internet speed. As in, do you remember dial up? That's how slow my internet is (fiber optics in 3 months the suspense is killing me). That said I really don't like ideas that penalise a percentage of the user base because they have better toys than I do. Rather than dragging people down to the lowest common denominator I prefer the ideas that try to address the problems without limiting people. I like the mossy eggs idea. I also like the idea someone had of sending some of the blockers to the AP as low time eggs. The idea of seasonal limits is interesting.

Maybe also explore the possibility of tying the ratio that commons drop to how many are picked up? So the popular ones get dropped more often. If it was updated regularly enough then you should find that it was self regulating.

On topic I guess I will be trading for the green opalescents.

I don't expect any agreement with this but I'm going to complain anyway.

I didn't get but one of the new eggs. I'm going on vacation this week and yesterday was spent running around doing things in preparation and I assumed that I'd be able to sit down after dinner and hunt eggs. When I finally sat, I found that the new egg drop had ended and the Dragon Cave was back to normal - the same row of common eggs on every habitat, no matter how many times the page was refreshed. The same eggs, again and again and again.

This is the normal for the Dragon Cave. Tedium, hand-strain, boredom. The last time I complained about this, I was informed in no uncertain terms that this was a FEATURE, not a problem and that what was really needed was for me to experience an attitude change. Well, last night, when I realised that I wasn't about to get any more of the new eggs, I did have an attitude change - I shut down the computer and went to do something that was interesting instead.

Congratulations to all of you who filled your scrolls with eggs. You may feel good because, yes, I envy you. Enjoy.

I think it's really poor sportsmanship to whine and call others "greedy" just because you can't seem to get an egg.

I have two of each of the new eggs, male and female, that's all I want. Yet, I am "greedy" simply because I have them, and someone else doesn't. I really get tired of this. Every new egg release its the same thing. We are all punished because a few people don't have fast internet connections, and want the new egg NOW instead of being patient and hunting them for a few days. Most of the time, the new eggs go down in popularity after a week and two and become easier to get thru trades or drops. But no....people have to have them NOW NOW NOW....and the rest of us get called unfair names.

I used to try to get eggs to gift, I'm not going to do that anymore. It really sours me on the whole being helpful and generous ideal.

Edited by Riverwillows

I think it's really poor sportsmanship to whine and call others "greedy" just because you can't seem to get an egg.

I have two of each of the new eggs, male and female, that's all I want. Yet, I am "greedy" simply because I have them, and someone else doesn't. I really get tired of this. Every new egg release its the same thing. We are all punished because a few people don't have fast internet connections, and want the new egg NOW instead of being patient and hunting them for a few days. Most of the time, the new eggs go down in popularity after a week and two and become easier to get thru trades or drops. But no....people have to have them NOW NOW NOW....and the rest of us get called unfair names.

I used to try to get eggs to gift, I'm not going to do that anymore. It really sours me on the whole being helpful and generous ideal.

I agree that no one needs to be calling people greedy. The game is set up to limit people via scroll limits, and it's an intentional part of play to allow people to fill those slots with whatever eggs they can catch and then sideline them until they have more spots open.

However, I don't think that this is "whining". People are talking about genuine frustration that they're having and I think it should be heard. We all want DC to be as successful as possible, as that benefits all players with more/better features in the future. But I think it's very realistic to suspect that for every one person who posts about thinking of quitting this game, there are actually a number of players who do. That goes double for new players who aren't invested in either maintaining a hard won collection or in forum relationships and so are probably much more likely to find a different game to play.

Those are players that I believe that we can keep, but not if their frustrations aren't heard an taken seriously.

I definitely think that people should be treated civilly no matter what. But, as you've pointed out, this comes up at every new release. Maybe that's a sign that it's an ongoing problem and the time has come to figure out how to address it.

If there is a problem, then there is the Help section for voicing that. To gripe and whine (yes, it's whining) here in the New Drop thread, that's just not right. And to call people "greedy", well, that actually goes against the TOS of this site. As TJ said, there is no such thing as "greedy" here in DC.

It's gone beyond simple expressing of frustration. It's full blown pity party and those of us who are successful at the new drops are the target. I wonder if any of these people actually try beyond the first couple hours to catch, and then come here and cry to see if they can't wheedle out a few sympathy eggs?

Sorry if this upsets some people, but I am actually voicing what many people have said in private to me. MANY people.

Edited by Riverwillows

Day two and still stuck with my one egg x'D Ah well.

Edit: The blue and red two headeds are... really really familiar. Ouo

Edited by rampaging wyvern

People are talking about genuine frustration that they're having and I think it should be heard. We all want DC to be as successful as possible, as that benefits all players with more/better features in the future.

To be honest, I am all for changing certain aspects of the gameplay, such as mossy eggs, but what really grates me are the people who blame OTHERS for the bad luck they're having and want to PENALIZE others somehow. That really gets to me for some reason...

This is the post about the new release and people are discussing how the feel about it. And there's been a lot of legitimate discussion going on that hasn't been about any name calling.

Frankly, I had no trouble getting these eggs and I doubt I'll have a huge amount getting more tomorrow. So I know what you mean about getting slapped with the "greedy" label. But I don't think it's fair to write everything off as whining. There are plenty of very respectful people here who have talked about the problems they've been having and their experience isn't any less important than mine simply because it's not "Yay! I got all the eggs I needed!".

I mentioned earlier that I do believe this subject deserves a discussion thread of it's own. However, that doesn't mean that I think it's not an appropriate topic for this thread given that these are how some people are experiencing this release.