TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Exactly!

Although some claim to find it 'challenging', I suspect they're very much in the minority.

Honestly, I don't hunt in the Cave anymore because it's as described - frozen. I only hunt on release days and in the AP. If I ever do hunt (which I was planning on until this release), I would grab 7 eggs all at once, so if a CB Metal does appear, I'd grab it without someone else jumping in. Then abandon the commons/adopt low timed CB commons from the AP and repeat.

Exactly!

Although some claim to find it 'challenging', I suspect they're very much in the minority.

You're welcome to use my name, you know.

I just think there should be something standing in the way of getting the eggs you want; we can't very well just shove the eggs into the users' faces, eh? So maybe the cave could move on its own there-- slowly. Eggs dump to the AP every five minutes, huh? Nah, nah, I'm sure one of you is bound to jump on me again for that.

Three minutes, then.

Exactly!

For those with slower connections, there's another way of getting rares: going to the AP in a new release. People throw away everything, golds, shimmers to the AP (I saw an ER shimmer yesterday). Tinsels appear often in AP even when there's no release.

I believe what is challenging to a normal degree is getting a rare in the AP nowadays. The AP is always moving, you just have to have the patience to refresh and wait for rares to appear.

But the cave? I almost NEVER go there except for new release. I can only see cave moving at top of every hour, but DC is extremely laggy then. (I suspect the reason of this lag is because everyone finds the cave moving at top of every hour only, everyone refreshes like crazy only at top of hour, which seriously increases server load.)

Sorry, is it just me or did the layout for the DC page just freak out...? Is the site lagging so bad from this release that everything turned white?

Sorry, is it just me or did the layout for the DC page just freak out...? Is the site lagging so bad from this release that everything turned white?

You're not alone.

You're welcome to use my name, you know.

I just think there should be something standing in the way of getting the eggs you want; we can't very well just shove the eggs into the users' faces, eh? So maybe the cave could move on its own there-- slowly. Eggs dump to the AP every five minutes, huh? Nah, nah, I'm sure one of you is bound to jump on me again for that.

Three minutes, then.

I actually agree with you about challenges in the game helping. Although I will say that the cave blocking gets a little old and I think that if we used the "Mossy egg" suggestion we could get rid of excessive blocking and create a new element of competition so win/win, IMO.

But that isn't the main new release issue, because the biomes were moving fine for a while and people were upset because some computers/net speeds simply can't seem to compete. This tends to be the big issue with releases and it's a panic that's increased by the fear that this is the only chance some people have to get these eggs.

An alternative method of access to CBs could, I believe fix that, and as long as it A. took time/effort and B. had a smaller rate of success than hunting, I don't think that it would damage the challenges of the game. It would just introduce different challenges for those who, for whatever reason, can't overcome the current obstacles in hunting.

I actually agree with you about challenges in the game helping. Although I will say that the cave blocking gets a little old and I think that if we used the "Mossy egg" suggestion we could get rid of excessive blocking and create a new element of competition so win/win, IMO.

But that isn't the main new release issue, because the biomes were moving fine for a while and people were upset because some computers/net speeds simply can't seem to compete. This tends to be the big issue with releases and it's a panic that's increased by the fear that this is the only chance some people have to get these eggs.

An alternative method of access to CBs could, I believe fix that, and as long as it A. took time/effort and B. had a smaller rate of success than hunting, I don't think that it would damage the challenges of the game. It would just introduce different challenges for those who, for whatever reason, can't overcome the current obstacles in hunting.

I actually like the mossy egg suggestion.

It's just that everything we discuss here is ZERO unless TJ does something. Which I highly doubt he will.

A lot of the panic would dissipate if the cave just moved, I think; almost all of the new releases are commons, but after xx:10 or so you can't find them anymore because the cave just STOPS, which artificially increases rarity.

I don't understand?

Dc had white backgrounds for 5 mins

edit: Ain't I blind sometimes?

Edited by Crockturtle566

Dc was had white backgrounds for 5 mins

Oh, okay. I must've been on another site when that happened.

Dc had white backgrounds for 5 mins

edit: Ain't I blind sometimes?

I still see DC with white background now

Edit: ctrl+f5 didn't solve the problem

Edited by love_HP

I do think it's rather sad that so many suggestions lead to advice that more people simply abandon/continue to pretty much give up on hunting in the Cave, rather than rectifying issues by simply providing a variety of dragons, in response to demand, for people to hunt among, rather than having the Cave chronically blocked by what amounts to far too many of some types for their ecological niche - us, the players - to support...

(BTW, I often don't specify names when addressing an issue partly because it's usually not just one person holding the idea I'm discussing and I don't want to give the impression that I'm attacking anyone, which misunderstanding sometimes occurs because I too-often quote someone's comment when using it as an example without clarifying that I'm doing so.)

I do think it's rather sad that so many suggestions lead to advice that more people simply abandon/continue to pretty much give up on hunting in the Cave, rather than rectifying issues by simply providing a variety of dragons, in response to demand, for people to hunt among, rather than having the Cave chronically blocked by what amounts to far too many of some types for their ecological niche - us, the players - to support...

I advice people to go hunt AP because that's the only thing users can do now and I believe they're doing that anyway. A change has to be made by TJ instead of us players.

A lot of the panic would dissipate if the cave just moved, I think; almost all of the new releases are commons, but after xx:10 or so you can't find them anymore because the cave just STOPS, which artificially increases rarity.

True, but once the biomes started to move, all of the people who've stopped hunting because of the boredom and who have fast computers will go back to cave hunting, and so all of the eggs that are uncommon/rare will still be nearly impossible for some players. That section of the player base will, therefore, continue to panic during new releases if they can't get new release eggs. And it's looking more and more like releases are being structured in a way that's easing out egg floods.

There are times when the biomes do move (some more than others) and there are certain breeds that really aren't waiting in the back log in large numbers. So while I definitely agree with you that moving biomes would help (I miss the days that drops lasted 2 minutes), I think that there's something to be said for providing some hope to players who have come to the point where they've just written certain eggs off as being permanently unattainable.

Because you're still, in essence, limiting other users' chance to get an egg because YOU feel that YOUR desires should be put ahead of them.

Yeah, once in a while, for a short time, to let people who don't already have a scroll full of metals or whatever, just to give other people a chance. Sorry that such an idea offends people so much. I withdraw my suggestion. Let people with faster internet and the time to sit in front of the computer for hours on end gather dozens of rare eggs. I no longer care. Have fun. It's just a game and one no longer so interesting now I know more about the people I'm playing with.

I am still trying to get both of eggs.

Good luck. They are still dropping. I saw a few Opals and an Undecided in the alpine (along with a Golden Wyvern and Ice!) a few minutes ago. Don't give up!

Yeah, once in a while, for a short time, to let people who don't already have a scroll full of metals or whatever, just to give other people a chance. Sorry that such an idea offends people so much.  I withdraw my suggestion. Let people with faster internet and the time to sit in front of the computer for hours on end gather dozens of rare eggs.  I no longer care.  Have fun.  It's just a game and one no longer so interesting now I know more about the people I'm playing with.

I really do understand the frustration, but if you look back you'll find that some of us disagreed with the idea, not because we don't want people to have access to those eggs, but because we think that there might be better ways to do it. I think something of a more permanent adjustment would be better than a once a year event many might not know about or be able to attend.

There really are a lot of people who are on the same page as you and share your goals, if not your solution. smile.gif

Good luck. They are still dropping. I saw a few Opals and an Undecided in the alpine (along with a Golden Wyvern and Ice!) a few minutes ago. Don't give up!

The hourly drops are the best, though. o: But definitely possible, especially since there is fewer people. Just don't misclick!