TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Well, the mass release is now over. Stalking the trade thread now, and hitting my shiny dragons with a stick until they give me shinies to trade.

Edited by car340

I don't think people grabbing multiples is the problem at all; I believe it's simply the sheer amount of people who play the game in addition to new egg numbers staying the same (or even being lessened). So, the demand has gotten higher and the supply has remained the same or is even lower than before.

No consumer is responsible for the difficulty this release has presented-- it all goes back to problems with the producer, per say =P

Voice of wisdom right there, folks.

I don't think people grabbing multiples is the problem at all; I believe it's simply the sheer amount of people who play the game in addition to new egg numbers staying the same (or even being lessened). So, the demand has gotten higher and the supply has remained the same or is even lower than before.

No consumer is responsible for the difficulty this release has presented-- it all goes back to problems with the producer, per say =P

What Nine said.

People are here to collect eggs, and if they can fill up on them, more power to them!

It would just be nice if we all had a chance...

That said, I actually just caught one, lol.

And if I possibly can, I certainly will fill up on them, because I'll never catch them later.

A lot of people actually catch eggs to gift them. You could have seen one of those people who has them so they can gift them.

But I agree with the first thing you said. This is a little ridiculous. I had an easier time catching seven breeds in one week.

I caught 7 eggs last night and gifted them to users with slow computers and then caught some for myself. I try to do that with every release so users with slow or broken computers have at least chance. smile.gif

Dude, if you're having low self esteem because you can't catch an egg, you should take a deep breath and calm down.

What's needed is a bigger release window.

I've calmed myself multiple times by this point because I don't like going on the forums and talking. But after a few walks and many kitty cuddles/video game killing sprees, this is just ridiculous! I agree that there should be an increase in supply. Maybe then I won't mind the hoarders NEARLY as much. Until the drop rate changes, I'm not going to be able to calm myself past not rage flipping the table. *pets kitty*

I think this was one of the worst drops ever in my opinion. I stalked the cave ALL day, and I didn't catch a single thing except misclicks. I'm gonna be really upset if these aren't going to be that common. I hate that we don't have any new common dragons, even after all these releases...

I think this was one of the worst drops ever in my opinion. I stalked the cave ALL day, and I didn't catch a single thing except misclicks. I'm gonna be really upset if these aren't going to be that common. I hate that we don't have any new common dragons, even after all these releases...

Here here!

I've calmed myself multiple times by this point because I don't like going on the forums and talking. But after a few walks and many kitty cuddles/video game killing sprees, this is just ridiculous! I agree that there should be an increase in supply. Maybe then I won't mind the hoarders NEARLY as much. Until the drop rate changes, I'm not going to be able to calm myself past not rage flipping the table. *pets kitty*

Hoarders technically don't exist in this game so you're actually upset at nothing.

OMGOMG... I'z been trying to catch one of the new breeds all afternoon with no success, but I just got a leetle tree! ohmy.gif I've never even seen one in a drop before!

Even if I never catch a single new egg, I'm happy now. wub.gif (But of course I'z still trying! laugh.gif)

EDIT to ask if there is any official word on rarity for the new lovelies?

Edited by OMG-Pwnirs

OMGOMG... I'z been trying to catch one of the new breeds all afternoon with no success, but I just got a leetle tree! ohmy.gif I've never even seen one in a drop before!

Even if I never catch a single new egg, I'm happy now. wub.gif (But of course I'z still trying! laugh.gif)

leetle trees automatically freeze when they're caught, so you don't los any egg spot, congrats!

I caught my first eggs in August of 2008, and have been playing ever since - so, five years solid - and can say without reservation that this has been the most - er - frustrating new release I've seen. XP

*still needs green Opals*

*stalks Forest*

*giggles crazily*

EDIT to ask if there is any official word on rarity for the new lovelies?

No official word, but even with the difficult time people have had catching these, I'm thinking that they will be fairly common.

...and the moment I posted that I had not caught any, I caught two of the indecisive ones. xd.png

I think I'z going to buy a lottery ticket now!

I didn't realize new eggs were released until 4pm my time, lol - managed to grab 2 multicolored, 2 green opals, and 1 gray opal. Hoping to at least snag another gray opal, but I misclicked and got a split. >.>

Loving these new two-headed dragons. biggrin.gif

Edited by Taintedtamer

No official word, but even with the difficult time people have had catching these, I'm thinking that they will be fairly common.

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm really starting to believe that releases aren't going to be particularly indicative of rarity any more. It looks like they might be becoming about simply putting a new breed in the cave and then getting back to normal soon after.

I remember seeing the thread on one of these dragons while they were being worked on, I'm pretty sure it was said that they would be uncommon.

Every release there is at least one person who can't cope with it. But really...would this game be all that satisfying if you got all the eggs you wanted every time they were released? That would be a whole month with nothing to do but wait for the next release....

I always give the same advice to those who are having a hard time of it. Step away for a while...take a few deep breaths and try again later. It's just a game. It's not worth losing sleep over.

Have fun!

These look lovely so far and I can't wait to see the adult dragons. happy.gif Huzzah!

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm really starting to believe that releases aren't going to be particularly indicative of rarity any more. It looks like they might be becoming about simply putting a new breed in the cave and then getting back to normal soon after.

*sobs*

Lol, DC's 'normal' is pretty boring for people who can't catch or breed anything most of the time.

I used to be able to catch on Floods but haven't been on much, mainly as I've been finding the site discouraging rather than entertaining and got mixed on days, missed the last new Release, too.

I suppose if I ever manage to get a more functional system, maybe it'll be fun again...

would this game be all that satisfying if you got all the eggs you wanted every time they were released? That would be a whole month with nothing to do but wait for the next release....

It would be a whole month with me trying to breed rares, summon a GoN, raise second-generations of the eggs I caught, writing descriptions, giving my dragons unique names, catching caveborns to look good in breeding projects, and admiring sprite work of the new dragons.

Edited by Luckyclaw

But really...would this game be all that satisfying if you got all the eggs you wanted every time they were released?

Actually I would find that very satisfying because I do this just to unwind after a day at work.

What I enjoy is breeding and gifting, but when I end up spending a month trying to hunt down enough of the new breeds to fill my scroll goals ... well it doesn't leave me much time for the part of the game that I do find satisfying. I used to get excited by new releases, but not anymore. I love the new breeds and the artwork, but I just don't find the release fun.That's just me, however, and I know that other people have different opinions of what's fun.

Edited by Sir Barton

...and the moment I posted that I had not caught any, I caught two of the indecisive ones. xd.png

I think I'z going to buy a lottery ticket now!

And another one, and one each of the opals! I'z definitely going to buy a lottery ticket now. laugh.gif

I just saw an Opal in the cave one minute ago, so they're still dropping. Don't give up people!

Underlined by me for emphasis.

No new common dragons, you say? What about Bloodmoons, Fleshcrownes, Seragammas, Black Tips, Hellhorses, Black Teas, Black Caps. And those are only from the last two releases.

Even if we DID have lots of new common dragons, such as the ones stated above, sooner or later, people will complain that they were too common and they will turn into caveblockers.

*sobs*

Lol, DC's 'normal' is pretty boring for people who can't catch or breed anything most of the time.

I used to be able to catch on Floods but haven't been on much, mainly as I've been finding the site discouraging rather than entertaining and got mixed on days, missed the last new Release, too.

I suppose if I ever manage to get a more functional system, maybe it'll be fun again...

Frankly, I think that a lot of this could be solved by having an alternative means to hunting to get CBs. Because I do think the new release format has some real benefits, but the fact that it's just one more way to turn off a segment of players who struggle to catch eggs isn't one of them.

If we want to keep players (and businesses generally do), then I think there may need to be a shift from trying to convince people to be happy that they can't get eggs to developing ways that more people have access that doesn't break the game.