TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Yay! Finally got a Blue Opal egg...and a Pygmy on accident (think I'll keep the Pygmy because I like the code)

*EDIT: Just scored a Green Opal egg...

Now I have one Blue and one Green - I think I'll stop hunting now and give others a chance.

But now the big question - which one do I influence what gender?

Edited by ShorahNagi

This is so painful! I can't get a single opal. A stupid misclick thanks to my computer and now I'm just defeated. My bred egg is just taking too long too.

Grr, I caught confused and blue opal eggs really easily last night, but seeing people have trouble with opals already is making me worry. I didn't catch any green opals, so I was going to hunt for them when I get unlocked in a couple of days... unsure.gif

Got an opal after nearly ELEVEN HOURS of trying (with breaks, of course). And then another one an hour ago. Will avoid looking at the sprites so they can be a surprise for me when they hatch. :-) I love that so much!

Actually saw a leetle tree for the first time ever, and didn't click on it - and a chicken.

I think people were saving room on their scrolls because on Friday I got a CB Wyvern and my first ever dino. (Were you guys? Hmm?)

Thanks for everything, TJ and all! Hoping my CB neb hatches fast enough for me to try for the other color opal today ...

That's exactly what I intend to do with mine.

I thought it strange that it was easy for me to grab a Golden Wyvern from the AP so easily, I thought I had gotten lucky with my "Rapid Fire Click" attack.

I love the leetle tree. When I got mine a few weeks back I was like, "Awwwww~"

I wish I had come across that Dino though, I think they're cute and it'd be nice to have one. I know they look like Yoshi, but the types of dinos that they are remind me of the Land Before Time.

I managed to gather four of the multi-colored red ones thanks in part to a very kind person who gifted me one.

I also got a Day/Night Glory as well thanks to another kind user, and One of my friends is willing to give me his first bred blue opal since he was lucky enough to get one.

That only leaves me with the green opal to find, but that okay. It makes the search that much more fun and more rewarding when I do get it. The same way I got excited when I got that Golden Wyvern. (It made my day. biggrin.gif )

OMG!! finally got some of the new eggs!! 3 multi eggs & one of each of the opals & a vine egg i caught in the AP hatched ALT so happy!! smile.gifsmile.gifpoptartFINALTINY.gif thanks TJ & spriters!! for the great new eggs!

Edited by rachii.xo

That only leaves me with the green opal to find, but that okay. It makes the search that much more fun and more rewarding when I do get it. The same way I got excited when I got that Golden Wyvern. (It made my day.  biggrin.gif  )

Agree 100%. What a great way of looking at things.

I'm locked. All freaking misclicks! And by the time I can abandon them, the drop will be over and I'll have to wait until everything cools down or whatever... This is one of the worst releases I've been through.

In the future, maybe releases should get two threads--the announcement thread for general squee and theorizing over names and colors and drop points and whatnot, and a separate rage thread for venting the table-flipping, desk-foreheading, can't-catch-anything frustration.

The frustrated wouldn't feel judged for feeling frustrated, the squeeful wouldn't have their squee harshed, and every other thing about the release wouldn't be killed by or buried under arguments between the two sides.

Well this certainly has been an interesting release! I'm always curious to see what sort of eggs are turned up when the biomes are actually cleared out. This time I saw a couple of Cheese eggs, a Paper, several Gold Wyverns, a few of each kind of Trio, and even a Silver.

It'll be nice to have some more 2-Headed dragons. I look forward to seeing the adult stages of this batch. smile.gif

I have my pairs of the green shiny whatever their called, and the multicolored ones, I just need the blue shiny eggs! I don't have a single one!

Sneaking onto DC at work was sooo worth it, managed to get one of each opal! Caught two of the undecided colors this morning, plus locked with a daydream and one of those 'tree' eggs from the last release that I completely missed out on. Yay!

Hm. I like new releases, but as I'm sitting in the Forest biome, I remembered what made Dragcave incredibly dreary after the biome update: it just doesn't move.

Thanks for the new eggs! They look stunning. I managed to snag 2 of the red ones and 1 green opalescent. Good luck to all of those still trying. biggrin.gif

Edited by Red_Rose87

two misclicks and now im locked and pretty annoyed because i had to abandon an undecided to make some room only to misclick again @_@

oh well.

I went into the Forest and started grabbing some commons just to see if one of the new eggs would pop up. Got half way scroll-locked and decided against it. Obviously these don't drop very well. :P

HOLY MAGIKARP HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THIS DROP?!?!?

._.

*cracks knuckles and a butterfly net*

Good luck to you

Needs 1 more brown ones and 2 Opulescent ones

Not happy about grapping a Pink Dragon and a Bloodmoon on accident...

dry.gif

Edited by Condorflight

I have my pairs of the green shiny whatever their called, and the multicolored ones, I just need the blue shiny eggs! I don't have a single one!

well, my friend is promising me a blue opal when he breeds it and if Your willing to wait perhaps we could trade one blue for one green since I couldn't find a green even though I've been on since about 2:30 AM Eastern Time. (minus the 3 hour power nap I took and the few errands I had to run.)

In the future, maybe releases should get two threads--the announcement thread for general squee and theorizing over names and colors and drop points and whatnot, and a separate rage thread for venting the table-flipping, desk-foreheading, can't-catch-anything frustration.

The frustrated wouldn't feel judged for feeling frustrated, the squeeful wouldn't have their squee harshed, and every other thing about the release wouldn't be killed by or buried under arguments between the two sides.

We don't need another "oh poor me, I can't catch eggs" thread.. dry.gif

Yay, two of each opalescent and three of the multi-colored!

...how? I can't even catch one Opalescent.

I'm in love with the Opals' S2 wub.gif I have a feeling the adults will be fantastic.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Pretty sure that they're not going to let us have another vent thread.

But I do believe that the discussion going on is important to have. People have genuine frustrations, but a lot of what I'm seeing is a generalized frustration about the game that gets magnified by releases. And I think everyone would be well served by a look at how those frustrations might be lessened, because I do think it's possible and I think that new releases would have less likelihood of constantly repeating this cycle.

Still, maybe it's time that someone posts a real discussion thread about what, if anything, can or should be done about some of the imbalances in the game. Provided we could all behave civilly, I think it would provide good feedback while freeing up this thread from the fragmented attempts to address it.