TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

I have a feeling Opals will be something I'll have to trade for (which means the more-wanted breeds I have better start actually producing something!).

I'm just SO excited that we finally have more 2-heads in the cave!! How long were those poor Splits all by themselves? They certainly deserve some new partners!

I really hope more of those opal eggs will continue to drop in future. It's proving impossible to nab any even on release day. sad.gif The coppers that were supposed to be uncommon and definitely not "cb metal" rare have become even rarer than cb metals, and bloodscales that were supposed to be even more abundant have become rares. I really hope this doesn't happen to Opals or it will be months before I manage to reach my goal (which is a pretty small number).

Lol. Missclicked again, but at least this time it was one of the new eggs (color change). And it has a cool code, so yay. Been trying to nab a 2nd green one.

Good luck to all!

Edited by AquaBlueRain

I really hope more of those opal eggs will continue to drop in future. It's proving impossible to nab any even on release day.  sad.gif The coppers that were supposed to be uncommon and definitely not "cb metal" rare have become even rarer than cb metals, and bloodscales that were supposed to be even more abundant have become rares. I really hope this doesn't happen to Opals or it will be months before I manage to reach my goal (which is a pretty small number).

Maybe one of the reasons why new releases feels like they are getting rarer and harder to catch might be due to the fact that we have more breeds in-cave and to keep the balance between species somehow the drop rates go down.

Either way, yeah, there needs to be some tweaking.

Edited by ylangylang

There is a difference between "challenge" and "bull****". "Challenge" would be to have longer drops without mixing within the first 12-24 hours of a release; there would still be competition, but players with slower connections or lives outside the game would have a chance. "bull****" is mixing within three hours combined with the same drops we usually have with no regard for the userbase, so those with lives outside the game or slow connections are punished for those very traits. To use your game comparison, it's the difference between Dark Souls or Touhou and the fake difficulty of the NES era and many modern mobile games. One makes the player blame their lack of skill and is frustrating in a fun way, the other makes the player curse the game for expecting the player to be a psychic octopus with perfect reflexes if they want to avoid spending money they may not have.

Also, i said nothing about being entitled to an egg or adding egg limits; my post was entirely about evening the playing field for those with slow connections and the ass-kissing TJ receives whenever he's criticized. Don't put words in my mouth to undermine my point.

I think it's less about punishing people with a life and more about rewarding people for carving out time to play. I think that a lot of things about the game can be fixed, but that's actually not one of them. Businesses reward active customers all the time - that's just smart. And games almost always give an edge to people who are willing to put time into them. If you take two people, one who has a variety of hobbies including golf and one who dedicates all of their hobby time to just golf, who is going to have the advantage? That's true with games that require skill, games that require luck, games that require time, and games (like this one) that require all three.

I really get the feeling that the point of the new release set up is so that eggs aren't as easy to get right away as they've historically been. I think that there's an attempt here to gradually ease us into a more long-term point of view - more towards an expectation that eggs will take time to collect and that a release is just an introduction of a new breed, and not, as it used to be, a time where it's necessarily easy to get the ones you need.

And I want to stress, again, that I do agree that certain things in the game could stand to be addressed, but some of the recent changes aren't really a bad move, IMO. Unfortunately, because the areas that could be changed don't get addressed I think that it builds a certain level of frustration that can't help but affect all areas of the game. I think that the current release changes might be more easily accepted if it looked like there was an attempt to create opportunity for players with other issues in areas where it wouldn't damage play and could actually enhance it.

Ya know, I hope these or some other eggs become common. It would be really nice to see some new common eggs, but all these releases have been uncommon or rare and it really freaking sucks. I honestly don't think it's very fair either :/

Got an opal after nearly ELEVEN HOURS of trying (with breaks, of course). And then another one an hour ago. Will avoid looking at the sprites so they can be a surprise for me when they hatch. :-) I love that so much!

Actually saw a leetle tree for the first time ever, and didn't click on it - and a chicken.

I think people were saving room on their scrolls because on Friday I got a CB Wyvern and my first ever dino. (Were you guys? Hmm?)

Thanks for everything, TJ and all! Hoping my CB neb hatches fast enough for me to try for the other color opal today ...

Loads of recent ones are common.; Salty, crimson royals, seragammas, to name but a few.

I also remember when new releases were easier to get because they weren't mixed with the other eggs. Now that they are, people miss click and have to wait five hours to get rid of em and fill that spot with a new egg

@fuzzbucket: while I have been able to get Crimson Royals more, I'd still like some of the new releases to become common instead of going straight to uncommon or rare

Edited by DragonNeko

Managed to get a blue opal, a green opal, and two of the mixed colors. I've already got babies promised to a few people xd.png Can't wait to see the sprites! Thanks TJ and Spriters!

I think people were saving room on their scrolls because on Friday I got a CB Wyvern and my first ever dino. (Were you guys? Hmm?)

Now that new releases are 'predictable' as the first Sunday every month, I believe many people (myself included) make it a point to stop hunting prior to the release to keep all egg slots open.

Ya know, I hope these or some other eggs become common. It would be really nice to see some new common eggs, but all these releases have been uncommon or rare and it really freaking sucks. I honestly don't think it's very fair either :/

It's not that most of the newer breeds are uncommon, because I see many of them drop all the time, but because of the new way in which releases are handled people can't get all the eggs they need at once, so demand stays higher for longer. Which, I think is the point, given that people were complaining about boredom and taking breaks from the game because there was nothing to do in between releases since people came, got all they wanted, and didn't need to stay and hunt.

I also remember when new releases were easier to get because they weren't mixed with the other eggs. Now that they are, people miss click and have to wait five hours to get rid of em and fill that spot with a new egg

this happened to me just now... On my end it said it was an opal... I click and it's an albino (which i've cared for ... the always looked unfinished... I wish they had retired it instead of the pretty pinks or the frills)

now I have to wait 5 hours to dump the unwanted egg... and as I have to work in the morning I have to go to bed before the time will be up... hopefully i'll be able to get up early to try in the morning...

Edited by Melisande

Anyone have an opalescent?

I just can't get one T-T dumb internet. It's slow and it takes me time to figure out which one is the right one. My internet should be quantum so I shouldn't be waiting a mnute.

Now that new releases are 'predictable' as the first Sunday every month, I believe many people (myself included) make it a point to stop hunting prior to the release to keep all egg slots open.

And, in my case, schedule incubate and influence spots.

this happened to me just now... On my end it said it was an opal... I click and it's an albino (which i've cared for ... the always looked unfinished... I wish they had retired it instead of the pretty pinks or the frills)

now I have to wait 5 hours to dump the unwanted egg... and as I have to work in the morning I have to go to bed before the time will be up... hopefully i'll be able to get up early to try in the morning...

Yes! Exactly! I just got a Purple and Mint because of that! I also missed one of each Trios because I'm so focused on the new releases! It really sucks and it's frustrating me >.<

Actually saw a leetle tree for the first time ever, and didn't click on it - and a chicken.

Just so you (and everyone else) knows, leetle trees freeze the moment you catch them so they don't actually take up any eggslots. You just need an eggslot open the moment you grab one.

Wow, the shading on the "opalescent" hatchlings is phenomenal. And I remember the "undecided" ones from the Completed section now! Sooo excited to see them added to the cave!

So wait, where can I find these things? I don't want to dig through all those pages. XP Sorry, and thank you for indulging me?

~Feathers

OOohh. Thanks for telling. I was wondering how you guys predicted these things.

@Feathers: Opales are mostly in Forest and Alpine. The undecided are everywhere, I think.

Edited by kiyoura

I got a blue opal and indecisive on my second and first try respectively, but passed out at like 2 am and havent found success since! D; i hope everyone else is having better luck than me.