TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Whoops that might not be allowed in here.

Edited by zaverxi

Oh...... the hatchies are so very cute wub.gif love them.

Opal hunting was a bust, glad I got the other one though smile.gif

Maybe you confused with the Stripeds?

You know, I think that's exactly what I did. laugh.gif

Ooo, the opals are goregous. And man, I remember the Undecideds vaguely and now I'm sure since they gendered but I don't remember what they looked like except that I REALLY LIKED THEM.

NOW HOW ABOUT AN EASTERN RELEASE? *brick'd*

I love these new releases~!

Opals are so hard to catch though ^^U I've been at it for hours, but no go *flops* okay! I can do this! >:/

How can you possibly get the alpine opals? They're completely impossible, and getting rarer by the minute. I'm so disheartened. Come on, opals. Surely there's one for me?

ETA: Really loving the other hatchies, though! Beautiful!

Edited by Nervenklinik

Ooo, the opals are goregous. And man, I remember the Undecideds vaguely and now I'm sure since they gendered but I don't remember what they looked like except that I REALLY LIKED THEM.

Actually, it would be neat to see some more Eastern-style dragons. Those prized ones looked pretty neat.

OMG! I love Johnny 5 on your signature! That was a good movie!

On a separate note, has anyone noticed the new release eggs haven't shown up in the past ten minutes?

I have family in town today and just logging on for the first time while my niece naps. Looks like this release is going to have to wait a while for me. I'm having no luck catching!

Actually, it would be neat to see some more Eastern-style dragons. Those prized ones looked pretty neat.

On a separate note, has anyone noticed the new release eggs haven't shown up in the past ten minutes?

Still only lukewarm on the Undecideds - nothing to do with the quality of the spriting, but more to do with the colour combination and pattern. Hoping the adults will look different to the gendered hatchlings.

I finally catched two of each, the last egg I want to catch is one of the blue opals, I really love the hatchies and I always loved earthgirl sprites. smile.gif

Ooh, they gendered! Very interesting. I'm not sure which I prefer; I'm not a big fan of two-headed dragons (Bloodscales are an exception), so I'll wait until I see the adults. I wonder how the undecideds' colors will play out.

Congrats to Earthgirl and Mysfytt on getting more dragons in the cave! I'd still like to see newer/less-represented artists get their stuff released, though...

ETAA: I just don't understand the sentiment that just because you're going to play a game it should all be fun for you. Take any platform flash game from, say, newgrounds. It's not gonna be easy all the time. Some levels you will die over and over and over again. It's supposed to be challenging.

I'm not saying that this game is perfect, because no game is, and I can clearly see certain aspects of the gameplay that does need to be tweaked, and I can also see people having dissenting opinions over one facet of the game or another, but something like "restrict other people's gameplay so I can have my eggs because everyone else is stopping me from getting eggs"? Really? Like, why don't we just play a game where we just can do whatever the hell we want? That would be a fun game. Not.

There is a difference between "challenge" and "bull****". "Challenge" would be to have longer drops without mixing within the first 12-24 hours of a release; there would still be competition, but players with slower connections or lives outside the game would have a chance. "bull****" is mixing within three hours combined with the same drops we usually have with no regard for the userbase, so those with lives outside the game or slow connections are punished for those very traits. To use your game comparison, it's the difference between Dark Souls or Touhou and the fake difficulty of the NES era and many modern mobile games. One makes the player blame their lack of skill and is frustrating in a fun way, the other makes the player curse the game for expecting the player to be a psychic octopus with perfect reflexes if they want to avoid spending money they may not have.

Also, i said nothing about being entitled to an egg or adding egg limits; my post was entirely about evening the playing field for those with slow connections and the ass-kissing TJ receives whenever he's criticized. Don't put words in my mouth to undermine my point.

I believe that was the Lumina...

The Nocturnals are another color-changing Dragon. At night they change from grey to blue.

Edited by Husky51

What is up with the dropping ratios? I thought this was a new release day and all I've seen are the changing color ones with very few opals and older eggs mixed in. That was even around the time of the nightly backup.

Oh dear, I really, really like the Opalescent hatchings.

so those with lives outside the game or slow connections are punished for those very traits.

Funny how this argument has been around for as long as I can remember. For every single game.

Not saying the drop rates are awesome but I don't see a problem with having an advantage over others. That's how games work. If you have an advantage, you win. I don't think it's necessary to criple others just because some people can't keep up. I also get mad in MMO's because I can't buy items with real money so I have to work extra hard to keep up.

When a person does better than you, it's always because they have no life. If a person does worse than you, they're idiots. This has always been the general game logic, so not surprising at all to see it, but still insulting in both cases

Edited by LaHaine

I'd be thrilled with more Eastern dragons! I've been collecting Shimmer-scales more than Tinsels, simply because I like the Shimmers a lot more.

Also, I have been seeing a fair amount of the new eggs in the biomes, and I grabbed an Opalescent one in the Forest, even though I refreshed over it.

There is a difference between "challenge" and "bull****". "Challenge" would be to have longer drops without mixing within the first 12-24 hours of a release; there would still be competition, but players with slower connections or lives outside the game would have a chance. "bull****" is mixing within three hours combined with the same drops we usually have with no regard for the userbase, so those with lives outside the game or slow connections are punished for those very traits. To use your game comparison, it's the difference between Dark Souls or Touhou and the fake difficulty of the NES era and many modern mobile games. One makes the player blame their lack of skill and is frustrating in a fun way, the other makes the player curse the game for expecting the player to be a psychic octopus with perfect reflexes if they want to avoid spending money they may not have.

Also, i said nothing about being entitled to an egg or adding egg limits; my post was entirely about evening the playing field for those with slow connections and the ass-kissing TJ receives whenever he's criticized. Don't put words in my mouth to undermine my point.

12 hours would be grossly unfair to those in other time zones.

Funny how this argument has been around for as long as I can remember. For every single game.

Not saying the drop rates are awesome but I don't see a problem with having an advantage over others. That's how games work. If you have an advantage, you win. I don't think it's necessary to criple others just because some people can't keep up. I also get mad in MMO's because I can't buy items with real money so I have to work extra hard to keep up.

When a person does better than you, it's always because they have no life. If a person does worse than you, they're idiots. This has always been the general game logic, so not surprising at all to see it, but still insulting in both cases

This, basically. I mean to be honest if you played any MMOs that are super large this is pretty much the same as having no competition. Not saying that it isn't hard or the drops are amazing but yeah. Try getting in line for a raid, then hoping that the item that only has a drop rate of 1% to come out....

And I don't believe that I've ever blindedly agreed with what TJ said/did, lmao. I am frustrated with people who blame other players for whatever hardship they are going through. You don't see me complaining about other people overbreeding their rares when I can't get mine bred do you.

the other undecided gendered wub.gif

now i can't wait to see all there adult sprites

Edited by meruru

There's a couple new eggs dead of sickness in the graveyard. As a reminder, it's a really good idea to keep all fresh eggs out of the hatcheries for at least 12 hours during new releases. Traffic tends to be really up in the fansites during releases and eggs that might not have normally gotten sick may get sick. Even if you use incubate.

the other undecided gendered wub.gif

now i can't wait to see all there adult sprites

Oh gosh they are gorgeous <3